KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Ysannis vs. the Mandalore Revan killed

Ysannis vs. the Mandalore Revan killed
Started by: Darth_Glentract

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Achilles X
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Finesse doesn't beat power in all circumstances. After a degree, it doesn't matter how fast, skilled, or experinced you are, strenght will overwhelm you. If there was a three year old kid who could hit you ten time for everytime you could hit him, your strength would still overwhelm him. I've also noticed Echani don't normaly wear armor. If you punched something that could withstand atmospheric reentry, what would be more damaged, it or your hand?

Sorry Glentract, I lost sight of this thread, my retort will come a little late. Anyways a three year old who knows what he's doing could pwn me since I don't know sh1t about martial arts. If the three year old lands his punches in the right spots and is quick enough and smart enough to dodge my attacks and outmanuver me, my ass is pwned. Same as Mandalore would be, except he'd have it worse because Ysannis is a grown man like he is and porbably possesses quite a bit of strength himself.

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."- Bruce Lee

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 04:04 AM
Click here to Send Achilles X a Private Message Find more posts by Achilles X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Originally posted by Nai Fohl
Well...the "new" Katanas are quite better then the "old" ones because of material developement.
But well...I've read some book about the "Battle of Whispy" (1361) and they found people in chain armor that had cut both legs off with one single strike. Urm...I guess a Katana would pretty much own somebody in chain armor.

Well of course, the newer ones are better made. But even the cheap replicas are excellent compared to, say, a replica longsword of about the same price.

And I wouldn't doubt that a katana could wreck chain mail... Stuff's pretty flimsy as it is.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 04:34 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Originally posted by Human Vader
Sorry Glentract, I lost sight of this thread, my retort will come a little late. Anyways a three year old who knows what he's doing could pwn me since I don't know sh1t about martial arts. If the three year old lands his punches in the right spots and is quick enough and smart enough to dodge my attacks and outmanuver me, my ass is pwned. Same as Mandalore would be, except he'd have it worse because Ysannis is a grown man like he is and porbably possesses quite a bit of strength himself.

The problem is that three years old bones and muscles don't have the power to cause damage to lets say a fourteen year old. The Mandalorians also were quite capable in melee combat. They are probably not as good as Echani, but they are extremly capable. The Echani usually wear robes that don't restrict their movement. A Mandalorian wearing his armor that can withstand atmospheric re-entry, large chemical explosions, and signifacant amounts of blaster fire can definatly stop the strikes of a Echani, no matter how fast they strike. Each time you hit something, microfractures are created in the bones. These rebuild stronger, but that takes time. I'm not sure exactly how long, but probably more than a day. Before Ysannis could break the armor, there would be so many microfractures in his hands and feet that they would break.

With a sword, they could get through the armor, but both have beaten Jedi before in melee combat. It is hard to say who is better in sword combat. I would think that Mandalorian armor could withstand anything but a strong hit from a sword, but Echani without armor would get a significant injury from even a slight touch.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 05:08 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

I think the Echani strikes are underrated there, the Mandelorian armor was good but it could not stop a bunch of Melee strikes it had to have had its weakenesses. A really great Echani could sure as hell find them, without armor the Echani wins without any doubt with armor, there is a small doubt in my mind but I still think the greatest Echani has it.

And if you look for the most impressive kill then its definitly Yssanis, Mandalorian armor does not resist lightsaber attacks anyways.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 05:20 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

You're referring to the Basilisk War-Suits that Canderous spoke of in KOTOR 1 I believe. . . The Mandalorians suited up in battle armor, yes, but they didn't just jump out of a starship in armor. They were in Basilisk War-Suits, which were capable of all the things you stated. The suits also had built-in blaster cannons. But one problem; they flew. Mandalore's armor isn't Basilisk-grade armor. It's just, well, armor.

And as for your toddler-teen analogy, Mandalorians are strong, but they are not that much stronger than the Echani. You make it seem like comparing a Wookie to a Jawa. There is a strength advantage, yes, but it is not enough to overwhelm Yusanis.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 05:20 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RocasAtoll

Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Well of course, the newer ones are better made. But even the cheap replicas are excellent compared to, say, a replica longsword of about the same price.

And I wouldn't doubt that a katana could wreck chain mail... Stuff's pretty flimsy as it is.

Chainmail wasn't meant to take slashing attacks, but wtith stabbing it was the best. Chainmail was specially designed to combat stabbing, which was the more widely used weapon in Europe.

A katana might be strong, but it would not break through platemail. The European has the advantage just because of his armour. The Japanese swordsman would not be able to take a hit from the Europeans weapon, but a European could take a hit from the Samurai's weapon.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 06:11 PM
Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

same with Mandalore and Ysannis. Mandalore can take a hit from Ysannis, but Ysannis can't take one from Mandalore.

Except I think a Samurai could take a European.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 06:28 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Maybe, maybe not. Try practicing with a 40 pound broadsword for hours a day, every day for about ten years. European broadswordsmen were no pushovers either. Using a blade that much means you can whip that sucker around fast.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 09:37 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

A broadsword would not stand up to a katana, the katana is simply the superior weapon. It's got a finer cutting point, allows for more leverage, and is a lighter and more nimble weapon than the European broadswords.

Plate armor isn't invincible, in fact, they had daggers designed to go through plate armor. Katanas are finely crafted sheets of metal that are folded numerous times to achieve a fine point. A katana would disarm a cumbersome plate armor broadsword wielder and then proceed to hack at him until he drops.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 09:49 PM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote