KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Namor

Respect Namor
Started by: DarkCrawler

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (82): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Well if it happens to everyone then that scan hardly depicts a feat of durability. Its not an achievement that makes him stand out from his peers. Therefore it is not a feat. That is not a nitpick, that is the truth. If he'd shrugged off then yeah it counts, or if he went on to battle Thor and took repeated full on blows and carried on fighting then yeah that would count. Getting whacked by Mjolnir and screaming is no feat im afraid.

He rose up immediatly after that...he got full hit from Mjolnir that leveled the ground, to head, he was suprised, and he rose up immediatly after that, showing no signs of injury. It is a feat of durability.

Last edited by DarkCrawler on Aug 12th, 2005 at 12:54 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 12:51 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

New feat:

Namor lifts an submarine (weighing about 200 tons) and places it safely to shore.

Here:

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 12:53 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
He rose up immediatly after that...full hit from Mjolnir that leveled the ground, to head, he was suprised, and he rose up immediatly after that, showing no signs of injury. It is a feat of durability.

Not if its something many a class 100 has done. It just shows he's on the durability level he should be as a class 100. Look up the definition of feat and you'll see im quite correct. This is no notable achievement if its something accomplished by many.

Also the fact that Thor tthrew the hammer and waited for a reaction instead of pressing the assault indicates that it was more of a warning shot. smile

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 12:54 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Cordera you keep doing this. You're very paranoid i dont have a clue what you're talking about. When did i mention anything about colour? You said Namor could own magneto and i said are sure what i said about you isnt true. For a hint as to what i was talking about check out the Namor Vs Magneto thread. Pointinel hit the nail on the head. Bear in mind that i wa sjoking before you start crying on me. stick out tongue

He hit nothing, its not my fault everyone around here takes what I says seriously, I was saying, "is this because I'm black"? What was to take seriously?
Who cares about pointinel, he sucks at debating....

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 01:39 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
He hit nothing, its not my fault everyone around here takes what I says seriously, I was saying, "is this because I'm black"? What was to take seriously?
Who cares about pointinel, he sucks at debating....

LOL

yeah nobody cares about me, oh well, imma go harlem shake it off... if u dont mind

sad Happy Dance cool

DarkCrawler >>> Your Favorite Sig-Maker

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 01:49 PM
#16 is currently offline Click here to Send #16 a Private Message Find more posts by #16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Pointinel
LOL

yeah nobody cares about me, oh well, imma go harlem shake it off... if u dont mind

sad Happy Dance cool

Hey you still cool, you don't debate though....

Still I nominated you for best sig, I could never have a better sig than you...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 01:55 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

*in spongebob's voice*

COOL!!!

DarkCrawler >>> Your Favorite Sig-Maker

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 01:59 PM
#16 is currently offline Click here to Send #16 a Private Message Find more posts by #16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Pointinel
*in spongebob's voice*

NOT LAME!!!

No your sig isn't lame, its cool....

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 01:59 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Not if its something many a class 100 has done. It just shows he's on the durability level he should be as a class 100. Look up the definition of feat and you'll see im quite correct. This is no notable achievement if its something accomplished by many.

Also the fact that Thor tthrew the hammer and waited for a reaction instead of pressing the assault indicates that it was more of a warning shot. smile

There are feats of Hulk doing stuff that other Class 100 could do. Are those not feats then? By your definition, if someone does a feat that someone else can do too...it's not feat?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 04:29 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Hulk think's that Namor's a bully.... and that he smells

stick out tongue

Attachment: hulkfish.jpg
This has been downloaded 660 time(s).

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 03:21 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Namor thinks that Hulk smells too...

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by DarkCrawler on Aug 13th, 2005 at 06:13 PM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 06:09 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I made little family tree, going by myths:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 06:28 PM
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Winged feet? Winged feet?!?!

Doop Lives...

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 06:30 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by 8bitChris
Winged feet? Winged feet?!?!

That is quite unique...I think they look cool. big grin

(no, not really)

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 06:32 PM
olympian

"Well if it happens to everyone then that scan hardly depicts a feat of durability. Its not an achievement that makes him stand out from his peers."

I see it this way. If you compare both, Superman who is more durable than Namor overall, wasent able to whistand a Hammer trow the same way Namor did. It is a feat, even regardless of a few others that wer able to do it as well.

If i didnt saw it as a feat, there would be no reason to show the Superman example.

Of course its not like he took it with a smile on his face. Your right about that. They wer both hurt, but Superman took it alot worse by comparation.

"I made little family tree, going by myths"

Really cool, good work big grin

Last edited by olympian on Aug 13th, 2005 at 09:47 PM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 09:39 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by olympian

Really cool, good work big grin

Thanks. big grin

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 09:42 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

is that Family tree accurate? that would mean Thanos's great grandmother is Thor's mother... making Thor Thanos's great uncle...... i bet he owe's him a truckload of late Christmas and Birthday presents

it also means Hercules and Thanos are cousins

and Odin is Zues's great uncle

Odin is the uncle of the father of the Greek gods..... weird

Thor is Zues's uncle?

confused

Attachment: familytree.gif
This has been downloaded 444 time(s).

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 10:41 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by Scoobless
is that Family tree accurate? that would mean Thanos's great grandmother is Thor's mother... making Thor Thanos's great uncle...... i bet he owe's him a truckload of late Christmas and Birthday presents

it also means Hercules and Thanos are cousins

and Odin is Zues's great uncle

Odin is the uncle of the father of the Greek gods..... weird

Thor is Zues's uncle?

confused

Gaia truly is Thor's mother. I'm not sure what is the history of Titans after all the retconns, but if they are going with the mythology part, then I guess the tree is right.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 10:43 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Gaia truly is Thor's mother.

never really thought about it before.... but that's probably what gives him control over the weather

p.s..... you like my new Avatar?

stick out tongue

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 10:49 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Well...it has Namor on it...that's all that matters.

Do you like my new sig? wink

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 10:51 PM