KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Namor

Respect Namor
Started by: DarkCrawler

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (82): « First ... « 74 75 [76] 77 78 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Disappear

well done again, good sir

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 12:03 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Thanks. smile

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 01:26 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Harkness
Restricted

Account Restricted

Namors the man.

Sig by Roland

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 01:32 PM
Jack Harkness is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Harkness a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Harkness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

i was looking at marvel.com and i noticed the new handbook will be out this wednesday and the description says :Plus, a major 5-page spotlight on the avenging son himself, Namor the Sub-Mariner!

the rest of the description:

ALL-NEW OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE A TO Z: UPDATE # 3
The Story: Do you think Death Metal is just a kind of music? Do you think the Zodiac Key belongs in your car's ignition? Did someone tell you that the Acts of Vengeance was a book in the Bible? Clear up your misconceptions with the latest OFFICIAL HANDBOOK! Featuring new characters who have never been covered before (Cobra, Crusader, Sabreclaw of MC2), characters from past editions receiving their first 21st-century entries (Batroc, Deathbird, Kid Colt, Klaw) and older characters who have never been covered at all ranging from the overlooked (Chrome of the New Universe, Gods of Mesopotamia, Masked Marauder) to the completely obscure (Geometer, Huntsman)! Plus, a major 5-page spotlight on the avenging son himself, Namor the Sub-Mariner! And don't forget Juggernaut, Shaman, And much, much more!
64 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

In Stores: 2007-07-25 - see details

i was wondering whether someone could kindly post scasn of this 5page bio i am sure it will be a great contribution to this thread ,this if someone actually buys it, i would also be interest to see what stats they have him at aswell the juggernauts current stats

http://marvel.com/catalog/?id=7068

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 09:25 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 02:33 AM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

thanks friend

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 01:23 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Cool, thank you.

The power description is full of mistakes again, but the history is pretty nice. They even had all his Golden Age stuff there. Hehe, 572 billion dollars worth of damage upon Nazi Germany. laughing out loud

And says that he has killed thousands of Nazis too. Glad they have acknowledged that.

Last edited by DarkCrawler on Jul 31st, 2007 at 12:48 PM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 12:42 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

The Initiative, Sub-Mariner #3 of 6.

Namor vs Wolverine.

(please log in to view the image)

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 07:18 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Namor vs 2 Sentinals.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 07:19 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

so the namor/wolverine fight went differently than i'd anticipated [their history of beating eachother in the other character's books being my basis of opinion,] and i'm glad to see it. two fights in which logan's claws did next to nothing against namor, and some canadian-chucking punches reminiscent of the hulk's in world war hulk: x-men 2. the sentinel-breaking,-then-slapping also delighted me to no end.

bravo.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 10:57 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Cool, thank you.

The power description is full of mistakes again, but the history is pretty nice. They even had all his Golden Age stuff there. Hehe, 572 billion dollars worth of damage upon Nazi Germany. laughing out loud

And says that he has killed thousands of Nazis too. Glad they have acknowledged that.

I cant believe they keep copying & pasting those low-ball numbers from the 80's OHOTMU forward into every new edition. It's just lazy.

I am astonished that they mentionned his "jeep-car" though. It was such a nutty Golden Age trope. OMG it jumped over a wall! (wait, cant he fly?) laughing

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 01:33 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

To be fair, as far as Golden Age trope goes, that jet-car is pretty tame. stick out tongue

Sub-Mariner #3 was really great issue, thanks for those scans, Badabing.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 01:49 PM
Deadline

Whats this about Namor speed blitzing Spiderman?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2007 04:07 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Isn't Namor faster than Spidey?

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Aug 21st, 2007 10:42 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mississippienne

Here's scans of Namor's first fight against Jim Hammond, the original, android, Human Torch, from Marvel Mystery Comics #8, coming at ya from 1940 (!!!). The arc from MMC #8-10 is pretty much the two of them chasing each other around New York, beating the hell out of each other and causing massive amounts of property damage. Here, the Torch finds Namor wrecking the George Washington bridge.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2007 05:22 AM
Mississippienne is currently offline Click here to Send Mississippienne a Private Message Find more posts by Mississippienne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mississippienne

The rematch, from MMC #9. Namor uses his wits, not just his fists, to take on the Human Torch.

Namor could've easily finished off Jim, but his curiosity over his superpowered foe got the better of him. A mishap on the aerial-sub resulted in Jim getting caught in a giant bubble and floating to safety (I'm not making this up. 40s comics were full of mindcrack). Namor tries to catch the bubble but is unable. Apparently, Namor's weaknesses include hot blondes and bubbles. Who knew?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2007 05:43 AM
Mississippienne is currently offline Click here to Send Mississippienne a Private Message Find more posts by Mississippienne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Namor speaks to Noh-Varr, (a Kree warrior), "in a language he understands": evil face

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 02:40 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Badabing

Namor vs Wolverine.

That was a bad ass fight.....Namor cld do this the whole day.

But comparing wat Sentry did to Logan a few mths back...show a gulf of power between Namor and Sentry. Can Namor breath in space.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 10:44 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Sub-Mariner #4

Namor vs Venom

Sig by Steve Rules

Last edited by Badabing on Sep 29th, 2007 at 05:50 AM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 05:40 AM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Owned laughing

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 07:00 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote