KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Namor

Respect Namor
Started by: DarkCrawler

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (82): « First ... « 76 77 [78] 79 80 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ExodusCloak

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jrodslam

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Although the idea of Namor being a villain again makes me kinda sad.

I'm actually with Namor on this [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the killing his son thing was a bit much. But I don't see Namor as a villian his hand was forced. Also the Mighty Avengers are going to attack Latveria and Doom had nothing to do with that symbiote bomb.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 05:24 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I'm actually with Namor on this [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the killing his son thing was a bit much. But I don't see Namor as a villian his hand was forced. Also the Mighty Avengers are going to attack Latveria and Doom had nothing to do with that symbiote bomb.

I do agree that his hand was forced. I will say that[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Eventhough he may not want to be a villain, just by teamming with Doom doesnt look good for him. Doom is automatically checked off as a bad guy and to see Namor wit him..... Plus its not like Doom never manipulated Namor before. The batle would be nice to see though. Namor, the Atlanteans and Doom should be trouble for the Mighty Avengers. Im sure Sentry wont be around for that battle.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 05:31 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Meh, it's not like this is the first time Atlantis is destroyed. I mean, that is an excellent diversion.

As for Namor teaming up with Doom...like the guy said, he is his only ally. X-Men? No help. Avengers? No. Fantastic Four? Nothing. Doom was with him from the beginning. Of course Doom has ulterior motives, and there is double-crossing, murder attempts at eachother and all manner of decieving and mind-games in their past...

But Doom has also saved Namor's life more then once (and vice versa), Doom saved each citizen of Atlantis from the endless coma they had, Doom saved Namor from his amnesia, Namor is pretty much the only person Doom has ever called friend...the fact is, Doom has historically been more an ally to Namor then anyone else in the surface.

I can't really blame him from allying with the guy. And this doesn't mean that he becomes a full blown villain either, he does have the best of an entire civilization in the mind.

As for killing his son, I don't see any bad thing happening there. The guy was responsible for deaths of thousands, tried to stage a coup in Atlantis and tried to kill Namor. Namor doesn't let blood ties hamper him when handing out cold justice (see Llyron who is related to him through his father), or when neccessary thing needs to be done (See Marrina). I think that was pretty badass scene, and it showed how ruthless Namor can be.

All in all, a good ending to a good miniseries.

I would have liked to see how Atlantean neighbours and protectorates respond to the destruction of Atlantis...etc. Lemuria and Mazikhandar.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 06:03 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
B.A
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Don't get your hopes up, Omega Flight sales warranted an on-going and there has been no news or any talks for months.
Yeah but theres a difference....they suck.

Namor owned. smokin'

Respect Apollo Respect Black Goliatch

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 06:57 PM
B.A is currently offline Click here to Send B.A a Private Message Find more posts by B.A Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I made little family tree, going by myths:

(please log in to view the image)

mentor(alars) + sui-san are the parents of thanos and eros.
there is no relation to the gods, since the eternals were created by the celestials directly.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 10:01 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fanboy

Originally posted by Badabing
Sub-Mariner #4

Namor vs Venom

Excelsior!!!!!!!

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 03:11 AM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

namor vs thor

does any one know what issue and title this came from?

well,i guess I'm not allowed to post a link yet(for some stupid reason).but the pic was of namor fighting thor and i was wondering if anyone knew what title and issue that was.i think it's from the 1990 submariner series,but I'm not sure.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 10:34 PM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Don't know if the bullets bouncing off Namor has been posted, but.....

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 11:19 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

nice scan.i believe it's from the new mini #1.i loved the mini.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 07:01 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Ult namors official bio(finally marvel stated that the guy can lift over 100 tons):

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2008 12:30 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Emperor Namor and Black costume are my favorites. smile
do you the tilte and issue # of which this is from?

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 04:12 AM
namorsubby

Originally posted by namorsubby
do you the tilte and issue # of which this is from?
oops wrong message.i was talking to darkcrawler about his thor vs namor images,but i cant qoute it because it has links on it and i'm not allowed to qoute or post them for some reason

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 04:17 AM
namorsubby

hey darkcrawler,have you gotten that fansite up and running yet? i'd sure love to see it.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 05:08 AM
zbucsz
Pimp

bump namor is becoming one of my fav char i wish he had a magic hand like aquaman

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 04:28 AM
zbucsz is currently offline Click here to Send zbucsz a Private Message Find more posts by zbucsz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by zbucsz
i wish he had a magic hand like aquaman
eek!

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 01:39 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by snoopdogg
eek!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 01:42 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Namor14

Can someone post scans of Namor and the illumanti fighting the skrulls?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 12:57 AM
Namor14 is currently offline Click here to Send Namor14 a Private Message Find more posts by Namor14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

ultimate namor is officially the strongest being int he Ulti U. tho for a long while it was a strong tie between hulk and colossus. with thing and thor tied for #2. i really wish they would find a clever way to bring him back in a relevant story line

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Apr 13th, 2008 12:42 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fanboy

http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale...071227_full.jpg

Draws blood with one hit to the Sentry!!!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 02:37 PM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

that's young namor from the golden age,but there's really no difference.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Aug 29th, 2008 04:00 AM