KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Namor

Respect Namor
Started by: DarkCrawler

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (82): « First ... « 79 80 [81] 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ankur29
ankur

Black Panther#11
BP could not sneak up on Namor who has some uber senses, when it comes to the ocean:

(please log in to view the image)

Armour/Suited BP vs. Namor:

Namor is described as 'one of the most powerful beings in the planet in scan 2:

Namor is beaten around a bit and it seems as if he doesn’t really want to fight back, BP’s suit saps moisture, when Namor falls into water the fight ends quickly:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 06:25 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gliptitude

The Sub-mariner is my all-time favorite. I don't have the comic book knowledge to evaluate all of his modern matchups, but Namor's domain is the ocean. Especially in the early appearances, he has his own enemies in his own world, mostly "amphibeans" like himself. Then he has his conflicts with "the surface men". He fought Nazis and Japanese imperialists in WWII.

A large part of his intrigue and the lure of his comics is this aquatic setting. When his character was devised there was no continuity and he wasn't meant to fight against the pantheon of mutants and super heroes. This stuff was improvised later, along with the scale of his powers.

The continuity back then, with him, was such that he suddenly had no wings on his ankles for approximately one year of publications (1954). Then half way through one issue they are ambiguously drawn in random panels, until the next issue they are officially re-introduced in a flashback story from his childhood.

The graphic novelties of his character, as well as his assorted "super powers", orient him as an outsider in the Marvel Universe. He's somewhere in-between an atomic-age cartoon hero and that of classical mythology. There would never be such a minimalist design for a super hero in the Marvel Age. Some modern characters are more simple IN THE FLESH, but all of those examples are covered up with colorful costumes and insignia. Meanwhile Namor is just a guy with exaggerated facial features, swimming around in his underpants. Eh, and he has wings on his ankles.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 11:42 PM
gliptitude is currently offline Click here to Send gliptitude a Private Message Find more posts by gliptitude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

Warning Sub-Mariner - Hercules: Strength/Formiddablity Comparison

quote: (post)
Originally posted by namorsubby
Since that issue with Herc from the silver age, Namor has been shown and stated himself as the stronger underwater

Namor manhandles Herc underwater(puts him in a headlock with one arm then locks in). He says, "On land, you and I are evenly matched, Son of Zues, But you are in my element now". Herc(who is unable to break namor's hold) responds "If thou art truly the strongest in the sea, then I shall bring the ground up to meet thee(attempting to undo namor's hold by shattering the earth below, causing him to lose his footing)
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Namor claims He's stronger than Herc underwater(Incredible Hulk #107)
http://s378.photobucket.com/albums/...Hulk107-013.jpg

Namor claims once more that he is stronger than Herc underwater(Incredibles Hercules #122)
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/...ercules122c.jpg

In that issue(Namor the Submariner #58), Herc ran up and suckered Namor along with the avengers....I believe herc, vision, thor(with his hammer), and entrantress all took a shot at him before he knew what was going on........namor still had the strength to snatch Herc up with one hand and keep him contained(he did not wish to fight)

then there are the other two examples of Namor simply stating his superior strength underwater......all three of these examples are much, much more recent than that silver age scan, but if they are all somehow insufficient, how about this?:

Avengers V1 #40:
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Herc shows Namor up on land, overpowering him and tossing him to the ground(Namor's obviously losing strength though from being on land, as he mentions so). So Namor decides to use the cosmic cube to evelope them both in water.......Namor quickly proceeds to manhandle herc, grabbing either an arm or his head(can't tell) and a leg and bending him. Herc apparently even starts to lose stamina fighting against namor's hold(check text). Anyway, Namor decides it's not fair to use the cube and returns them to dry land.When properly hydrated, Namor and Herc stalemate on land(wasp even says "neither can defeat the other)

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 05:03 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Roelandt

Hey there. I posted this question elsewhere but someone mentioned it was misplaced, so I figured you awesome, die hard Namor fans might know the answer. Here goes. Hope you have a great memory or at least a great collection of Namor comics!

One of my all time favorite scenes was at the end of a Namor story. Namor had been battling several of his arch enemies including, I think, Tiger Shark. Attuma may have been there and one or two others. Someone...I think it was his wife Dorma had been killed (although this didn't occur in the story I have of her death in Sub Mariner 37). The last page was a full page shot of Namor cradling [whoever she was] in his arms, looking upward toward his enemies with a face twisted in rage. The only narrative on the page was a phrase I can never forget:

"...And Namor looked up."

I get chills to this day, maybe thirty years later. Thing is...I CAN'T FIND this comic.

-I checked through my entire Sub-Mariner series, 1 to 72.
-I checked all of Namor's appearances in Tales to Astonish.
-I checked the Prince Namor series.

Nothing.

-I BELIEVE the story was drawn by Sal Buscema, or maybe John Buscema.
-I BELIEVE Namor was wearing the blue suit...but that might not be.
-I remember that the next issue...I remember there was a long line at the comic store almost as long as the issue following Gwen Stacy's death, when the next issue came out but there was apparently a new creative team (I think Don Heck or someone equally awful), that produced a disasterous follow up to the cliff hanger. I remember everyone at the comic store was pissed.
-I BELIEVE it was in the mid to late 1970s...or MAYBE the very early 1980s.

Does ANYONE know in what issue this amazing single page happened? Please help me find this!

Roelandt
"And Roelandt looked up!"

Old Post Apr 29th, 2010 03:31 AM
Roelandt is currently offline Click here to Send Roelandt a Private Message Find more posts by Roelandt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

Warning Namor Ongoing Series!

It's been a long time coming, but Marvel's finally taking a shot at it:
http://marvel.com/news/comicstories..._ongoing_series

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post May 21st, 2010 07:51 PM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I hope Namor's book succeeds, is anyone picking it?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 21st, 2010 08:08 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Hope he'll be able to rip/bash some overall villains in their place! big grin

*cough* Gargan

Old Post May 21st, 2010 08:20 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

It's going to fail I think. His last two mini-series didn't sell very well which sucks because Namor is Marvel's first hero.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post May 21st, 2010 09:30 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

They're going to have to take a different approach I think......maybe going back to what used to work, because he's had popular books in the past.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Last edited by namorsubby on May 22nd, 2010 at 09:22 PM

Old Post May 22nd, 2010 09:20 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Has this thread ever been revamped?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 31st, 2010 02:22 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Old Post Jun 1st, 2010 03:24 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperiorTech

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 10:05 PM
SuperiorTech is currently offline Click here to Send SuperiorTech a Private Message Find more posts by SuperiorTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

WOW. F'n beast!

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 04:51 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

what about where he snaps cap's arm in that issue?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 10:09 AM
Heavenly king
The End of All

They're going to have to take a different approach I think......maybe going back to what used to work, because he's had popular books in the past.

nope it hasn't at all some one needs to do it

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2011 10:48 PM
Heavenly king is currently offline Click here to Send Heavenly king a Private Message Find more posts by Heavenly king Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Namor located in a icy area saves Emma from drowning (she tie 50 lbs of weight) in South China Sea. Speed Feat

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
Shaw absorbs Namor punch and redirected it, but Namor still beats him with ease.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 27th, 2011 11:36 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eaebiakuya

Guys, this thread is to big and it has alot of offline links.

Someone can show me what are the best Namor speed feats ?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2012 02:09 AM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

I hate when writers kill off characterz to try and bring meaning/attention to their story arcs...as if they wont revive them eventually. Also, thats literally exactly what hyperion did to Namora in the ultimate universe some years ago. At least try to be original.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jan 14th, 2016 09:49 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Aaand subby's back.

Also, thats literally exactly what hyperion did to Namora in the ultimate universe some years ago.

Had no idea.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2016 09:10 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Can someone fix these links? Mostly in page 24-26?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2016 02:15 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote