KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Yoda vs Vodo Siosk Bass

Yoda vs Vodo Siosk Bass
Started by: Human Vader

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Achilles X
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yoda vs Vodo Siosk Bass

Any thoughts?

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."- Bruce Lee

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 07:25 PM
Click here to Send Achilles X a Private Message Find more posts by Achilles X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth243

Yoda

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 07:26 PM
Click here to Send Darth243 a Private Message Find more posts by Darth243 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Any reasons, or do you just not know anything about the other guy?

Anyway, this would be a pretty good fight. The Grandmasters of different times. . . . but I'd give this to, uh. . . . I actually don't know. I wait for further opinions.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 07:30 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth243

lol , i know absolutely nothing about master bass

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 07:31 PM
Click here to Send Darth243 a Private Message Find more posts by Darth243 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Then look something up. Even though it is not a site to go to for finer details, go to Wikipedia for a basic understanding of the character.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 07:34 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth243

done it, and ironically I would still say yoda, but it would be close

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 07:48 PM
Achilles X
Restricted

Account Restricted

He was a jeedai master during the Sith War. He trained Exar Kun until Exar turned to the Dark Side. They battled to a stand still one time and Kun managed to escape. Then later when Ulic, Kun's apprentice, was captured and stood trial in front of the republic, Kun busted into the room and freed him, killing Bass in a duel whilst doing so. It should be noted that the first time Bass fought Kun, Exar was considerably weaker than he was in their second duel.

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."- Bruce Lee

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 07:50 PM
Click here to Send Achilles X a Private Message Find more posts by Achilles X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Well, as long as you have some knowledge on both characters, I have no qualms.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 07:51 PM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

The guy was a grandmaster that lived through Nadd and Kun, two very powerful and agressive Sith Lords that caused panic and devastation to the Republic. Vodo definitely has a shot at this.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 07:53 PM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Vodo was killed by Exar, so he didn't live through that, but yes, he did survive Nadd. He also may have seen Tulak depending on when Tulak was alive. He may have been the one who killed him for all we know. I wonder if he taught Kreia. He could be Revan's master's master. That would be cool.

The're about equal, but I think Vodo would win.

Question: Why is Vodo the only one refered to as grandmaster? I know he is one, but why is he one?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 08:21 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

I don't know. Exar beat him with two lightsabers, but Vodo only had a walking stick. I've read shadow hunter but don't remember the part others do, where they say Yoda can beat those 3 Masters with a walking stick or whatever. But I don't remember a whole lot from the book either, so they're probably right.

Now what you're probably thinking is that it was Exar here, but the guy really wasn't all that special until he got the sith amulet. a cave would've killed him if Nadd's spirit hadn't saved his life. Creatures on Korriban (that remarkably resembled Tu'kata would've killed him if Nadd's spirit hadn't save his life again. IMO this goes to Yoda.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 08:24 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Exar is a lot more powerful than the three Jedi that attacked Yoda. Yoda also didn't beat them, he simply dodged for about a minute.

Exar was special before that amulet. Vodo even says that he was the most powerful student he had ever trained, and he said this before Exar got the amulet. Vodo has trained a lot of people, he's almost as old as Yoda.

Exar also killed a ton of Massassi and Nadd spirit in one fight. Your not giving Vodo enough credit.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 08:33 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

This would be a great fight. I'd say Vodo wins. He is one of the few who can beat Yoda.

He beat Exar Kun using only a walking stick!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 08:40 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vesman

I think that Yoda win, but not easily.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 01:01 PM
Click here to Send Vesman a Private Message Find more posts by Vesman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RocasAtoll

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Vodo was killed by Exar, so he didn't live through that, but yes, he did survive Nadd. He also may have seen Tulak depending on when Tulak was alive. He may have been the one who killed him for all we know. I wonder if he taught Kreia. He could be Revan's master's master. That would be cool.

The're about equal, but I think Vodo would win.

Question: Why is Vodo the only one refered to as grandmaster? I know he is one, but why is he one?

Well, what did Nadd do? He did not attack the Republic, all he did was take over Onderon, and the Jedi were hardly involved.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 01:30 PM
Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Originally posted by HimoKun
Well, what did Nadd do? He did not attack the Republic, all he did was take over Onderon, and the Jedi were hardly involved.

Himo... DOn't start another one of these trends. If you don't know, find out... but don't start out on some "We don't know shit about him, thus he must suck" crusades...

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 05:30 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Exar is a lot more powerful than the three Jedi that attacked Yoda. Yoda also didn't beat them, he simply dodged for about a minute.

More powerful than Deepa Billaba, Plo Koon and Saesee Tiin together ? And dodging three lightsabers for about a minute being without any weapon is quite impressive.

Well...Vodo is impressive but still I think Yoda would be slightly more powerful when it comes to use of the force and he is the better lightsaber duelist.

"Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?"

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 05:40 PM
Click here to Send Nai a Private Message Find more posts by Nai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Hexus
Cool Joe.

Yoda Kiks ass im a Darth Maul fan and i know yoda could beat maul and Maul could beat vodo so end of story vodo is like a child to Yoda

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 06:16 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Hexus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Hexus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Hexus
Cool Joe.

actually yoda might get dizzy cause he spins too much but i still think yoda would win

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 06:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Hexus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Hexus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Hexus
Cool Joe.

Darth Janus has to be the best when it comes to knowing star wars

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 06:17 PM