KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Nataku's Amalgam tournament, final round... Scoobless vs Longpig!!!

Nataku's Amalgam tournament, final round... Scoobless vs Longpig!!!
Started by: Nataku8188

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
Your point is taken....

But it was stated directly that there is no dimension hopping allowed, that was a drawback of having Wally.

The rules of the tourney basically neutered his ability to go FTL.

I mean, if we can go to other dimensions, then I'd like to know for myself so I can use it for my advantage.
Do you think we can, Khell?

Not a clue, I didn't start the tournament. I posted my vote and my reasons and am starting to overstep bounds by debating this in this thread.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 11:11 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

So he can only go near lightspeed, same as Barry Allen.

There isn't a difference between the two Flashes here.

Quasars flight ability allows him to go faster than light without worrying about the speed force.... either way, Thordon is faster and you've shown virtually no usage of speed abilities in earlier prep our earlier rounds..... Thordon has made much more use of speed than.... (what was the name again? confused )

Unless we CAN go into other dimensions, then of course that's where my body will be shunted while I'll stay in this plane only in Astral Form.

and i'll use the hammer to locate it and go destroy it while you return in your Astral form

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 01:21 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

How will you see me? I'd be im Astral Form....Quasar can't see Astral form. You'd be too busy trying to figure out which is the real Strange of all the illusions, which none of them will be.

Did you forget I'm in Astral plane?

no... i'm just going for the physical body
What exactly are you hitting? You won't see me, you won't see my body and you won't be able to get to it even if you do somehow see it.

wont get to it? because of the time compression? all that does is slow down the attack a little..... it'll still hit it's immobile target, Magical shields cannot stop it.... once it's fired it's only a matter of time until impact (and not much time at that)
We are basically the same speed.
My reactions are backed by Flash, so are yours.

i have the additional intersteller travel speed of Quasar and much more practice with speed abilities
Did you not even read my strategy?
You're not hitting anything. You will see 1000 Stranges attacking you and that's it.

and each one of them will be wasted by a simple quantum construct attack... but as there're a ton of guys attacking i'll go straight for the guy not moving behind the shield
Quasar can't even boost his own strength with the quantum bands, you won't be able to boost your hammer.

i posted it in the last round..... he places a Quantum layering around the hammer's head before throwing... thus enabling it to pass through any magical shielding
Only the seriphem shields may be effected.....it's doubtful that it's true.
The Crimson Bands aren't shields, they are binding forces.

those were merely an example.... and the point is that they carve through magical constructions shields, binding, whatever....
The time compression he put around an atomic countdown clock. It made the clock and everything in its area slowed down and stopped.

the very nature of it being time "compression" means that it doesn't stop time.... just slow it down.... it's easier to make a clock look stopped than an energy wave moving at light speeds.... or beyond
If Flash goes faster than light, he time travels

but Quasar doesn't smile
I still don't even think you will know how to work your hammer.
The people who picked up Mjolnir as was able to use it got a portion of Thor's conciousness from the hammer itself......you only have Quasar's conciousness.

if the hammer delivers that ability then i get it due to possessing the hammer
you won't know who is the real Strange out of all those 1000 illusions...all attacking you.

how about i go for the one that looks like Absorbing Man... instead of all the mental images of Strange

big grin

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 01:42 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

How is entering the speed force dimension different than the Astral Plane?

In any case, I think Quasar's beyond-light deals with that efficiently.

I'm going out of town for a couple days so I have to vote now. My vote is Scoobless (making it 2-2 if I counted correctly). Explanation: LP's used Strange brilliantly, and he may have enough to win it, but I honestly think just Thor vs. Strange would be a good fight, and Scoob has pimped out Thor a bit better than "Big Sexy" (that's his name, right?). I may actually be rooting for LP (nothing against Scoob, it's just easier to root against a defending champ) but I have to vote objectively...so my vote goes to Scoob.

-DM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 05:29 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Scoob has pimped out Thor a bit better than "Big Sexy"

PIMP!

cool

Attachment: flashthordoncomplete2.jpg
This has been downloaded 123 time(s).

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 06:58 PM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

LP, do you have a second tactic? Your first post said you did, but so far you've stuck to the first one... I'll vote for Scoobless right now. Speed, strength, and a convenient way to bypass the shields, plus the fact that your body is made into an easy target by being immobile.

And I believe you mean "[]D [] []\/[] []D"

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 07:01 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

He can't see my body, that's the whole point.

The Crystal and my body are invisible.

I got a second strategy but i don't really want to type it all up.stick out tongue

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 08:34 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

he can see it it or detect it (or anything else) through the quantum bands and Mjolnir.... hell, just the quantum bands.... all he has to do is scan the EM spectrum and look for a blank spot that's being blocked by your body and shield

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 08:42 PM
The King of All

Also, "due to his lengthy rebuttle" is a bit of a suspect reason to vote. If sheer number of words won you fights, I'm pretty sure Sentry would be in this fight right now (or Nat/SF for their 21 page epic battle).

-DM [/B]

My mistake, what I meant is that he won me over in what is in the rebuttle, not due to the length of it. With a body of iron, Dr. Strange's magic, and the speed of the flash, I see him taking the win more often than not ( not that scoobless can't win).

I guess this is all kind of moot seeing as how my vote doesn't count, but I felt I should clear up that confusion.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 09:06 PM
The King of All is currently offline Click here to Send The King of All a Private Message Find more posts by The King of All Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by The King of All
My mistake, what I meant is that he won me over in what is in the rebuttle, not due to the length of it. With a body of iron, Dr. Strange's magic, and the speed of the flash, I see him taking the win more often than not ( not that scoobless can't win).

I guess this is all kind of moot seeing as how my vote doesn't count, but I felt I should clear up that confusion.

Cool...confusion cleared.

And sorry about the vote not counting...but rules are rules. There's another tourney in the works that you'll be able to vote in (or possibly be in too).

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 10:13 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The King of All

glad thats clear now... and I'll just wait 'till my vote does count, rules are rules, as you say

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 12:48 AM
The King of All is currently offline Click here to Send The King of All a Private Message Find more posts by The King of All Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

[B]
quote:
no... i'm just going for the physical body

You won't see it.

quote:
wont get to it? because of the time compression? all that does is slow down the attack a little..... it'll still hit it's immobile target, Magical shields cannot stop it.... once it's fired it's only a matter of time until impact (and not much time at that)

You won't see it there in the first place.
And it'll compress your blasts to where it nearly stops.

quote:
i have the additional intersteller travel speed of Quasar and much more practice with speed abilities

Intersteller is the key word.
On Earth, Quasar have never went above sound.

quote:
and each one of them will be wasted by a simple quantum construct attack... but as there're a ton of guys attacking i'll go straight for the guy not moving behind the shield

Can't waste something that isn't there.

You won't see the guy not moving behind the magical construct that you can't see.

quote:
i posted it in the last round..... he places a Quantum layering around the hammer's head before throwing... thus enabling it to pass through any magical shielding

Post all you want, doesn't make it true.

The quantum layering might get through, not the hammer.

quote:
those were merely an example.... and the point is that they carve through magical constructions shields, binding, whatever....

Nope.
There is no proof of either. The fan site just assumed.

quote:
if the hammer delivers that ability then i get it due to possessing the hammer

Not according to the rules, so unless you want to win by cheating....

quote:
how about i go for the one that looks like Absorbing Man... instead of all the mental images of Strange

You won't see it.

You can't work mjolnir, you can't detect magic, you can't see the astral form.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 06:29 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

How is entering the speed force dimension different than the Astral Plane?

In any case, I think Quasar's beyond-light deals with that efficiently.
-DM

Astral form doesn't leave the battle field. Going into another Dimension does.

Quasar can't reach lightspeed except in space, so unless that's where we are, he ain't reaching lightspeed.

Quasar can't see or even ditect an Astral form, and he has no control over the hammer, what exactly can he do other than be blasted from a being he can't see?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 06:34 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here is the one of the many times Strange has hid from sensors while in Astral form.
This time he's in the Avengers mansion attempting to steal the Darkhold.

(please log in to view the image)

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 07:55 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

You won't see it.

yes i will
it'll compress your blasts to where it nearly stops.

no, it'll only slow it down a little.... and it'll still hit (just might take a second or two rather than a microsecond)
Intersteller is the key word.
On Earth, Quasar have never went above sound.

he never had the reaction speed for it before.... but he clearly can go that fast
Post all you want, doesn't make it true.

it's a very simple attack.... quantum layer over the hammer... which will rip a hole in the shield allowing the hammer to pass with no loss of momentum..... it may not be "true" as in - it's never been done before....(as the character doesn't actually exist in Marvel) doesn't mean it wont work
The quantum layering might get through, not the hammer.

see above
The fan site just assumed.

the FAN site....

"Everything There Is To Know About Quasar's Quantum-Bands
by Mark Gruenwald "

http://www.quantumzone.org/behind_t...ntum-bands.html

he worked at Marvel for years
You can't work mjolnir, you can't detect magic, you can't see the astral form.

i can work Mjolnir, i can detect magic and i don't need to see the astral form

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

here's a little pic i made of both Namor and Iron Man detecting Strange in Astral form

it also shows Strange being knocked out when he strains himself.... and commenting to the effect that he's a lot weaker when in his astral form.... all the spells you have him performing and keeping up simultaneously will put a hell of a strain on him..... i seriously doubt he could maintain the workload you've placed on him without his physical bodies energies to back him up... and even then he'd be struggling

it also shows Namor snapping the bands of Cyttorak.... if he can do it Thordon definitely can

cool

Attachment: strange.jpg
This has been downloaded 90 time(s).

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Aug 12th, 2005 at 05:08 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 05:03 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
yes i will

Nope.
You still haven't proved a single way of how.

quote:
no, it'll only slow it down a little.... and it'll still hit (just might take a second or two rather than a microsecond)

Possibly, too bad you won't know where it's at.

quote:
it's a very simple attack.... quantum layer over the hammer... which will rip a hole in the shield allowing the hammer to pass with no loss of momentum..... it may not be "true" as in - it's never been done before....(as the character doesn't actually exist in Marvel) doesn't mean it wont work

That isn't how it works, and you know it.

Quantum and magic pass through each other, they don't rip holes.

quote:

i can work Mjolnir, i can detect magic and i don't need to see the astral form

No you can't.
And yes you do.

Remember, just because you say something doesn't make it true, no matter how hard you want to believe it.

quote:
here's a little pic i made of both Namor and Iron Man detecting Strange in Astral form

Wow, you found a pic where someone sees Strange when he wills himself to be seen. Good one. It has nothing to do with your argument.

I have scans of Strange saying "No one can see me unless I will it so." In the same book he has to will himself visible to a sorcerer who is almost as good as the ancient one.

So, sorry you're wrong....again.

quote:
it also shows Namor snapping the bands of Cyttorak.... if he can do it Thordon definitely can

You didn't seem to show the rest....I wonder why? hmmm....cuz Strange was in Namors mind at the time and it caused a psychic backlash knocking Strange out. Namor didn't break them until Strange was K.O'd.

Anyways, Thordon wouldn't be of sound enough mind to even try to break them.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 06:29 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Nope.
You still haven't proved a single way of how.

considering your argument was "no you wont" i thought "yes i will" was a valid counterpoint.... stick out tongue

i already posted a couple of viable ways for Thordon to see/detect your crystal thingy 1) Mjolnir detects magic, 2)it'll block parts of the EM spectrum and Quasar will know the shape of whatever's there
That isn't how it works, and you know it.

going by the site i provided links for it says Quasar will be "able to slam an energy construct through a mystical shield of Seraphim, for instance"
it doesn't say pass through, "slamming" it through sounds a lot like it'll rip it apart
No you can't.
And yes you do.

yes i can (use Mjolnir).
and no i don't (need to see your astral form).... though if Iron Man's sensors can detect it from a distance so can Quasar
Remember, just because you say something doesn't make it true, no matter how hard you want to believe it.

same goes for you..... but i'm getting my info from a Marvel writer
Wow, you found a pic where someone sees Strange when he wills himself to be seen. Good one. It has nothing to do with your argument.

he also seemed very surprised that Namor could detect his astral form at all .... meaning that he isn't completely invisible when he thinks he is.

the other point was that technology could detect him.... not just people.... it has to do with the part where you believe that he can't be seen
I have scans of Strange saying "No one can see me unless I will it so."

to quote yourself "Remember, just because you say something doesn't make it true, no matter how hard you want to believe it."

or do believe everything comic characters say about themselves?

because , again, he was surprised that Namor could see him

Strange isn't infallible
You didn't seem to show the rest....I wonder why? hmmm....cuz Strange was in Namors mind at the time and it caused a psychic backlash knocking Strange out. Namor didn't break them until Strange was K.O'd.

actually it looked a lot like Namor breaking them is what caused Strange to be knocked out..... seeing as how the breaking occurs before the passing out

Attachment: strange.jpg
This has been downloaded 63 time(s).

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 01:08 PM
Maestro

Scoobless gets my vote, can't be assed to explain though, take too long.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 02:14 PM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good Game Scoob...can this end now so we can start on the street levelers?

Shit, I think I did friggin awesome using only one character.... laughing

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Aug 14th, 2005 at 01:32 AM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 01:30 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

I got a second strategy but i don't really want to type it all up.stick out tongue

So is that a bluff, or is your first strategy the better of the two?

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 01:33 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote