KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Sith vs. Sith

Who wins?
This poll is closed.
Revan's Team 7 70.00%
Bane's Team 3 30.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sith vs. Sith
Started by: Dark Thor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth L. Dipsit
Pimp of Good

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Here, I'll just rearrange it..

1- Marka Ragnos
2- Simus
3- Naga Sadow
4- Ludo Kressh
5- Tulak Hord (Presumably)
6- Freedan Nadd
7- Exar Kun
8- Revan
9- Kreia
10- Malak
11- Ulic
12- The Exile
13- Nihilus
14- Sion

Something like that.

I never respected Simus much, but I just reread my facts and I must admit he was better than I thought. I just never liked him after I found that he was assassinated on Sadow's orders. It made it seem to me at the time as though he wasn't worthy of being killed by Sadow himself.

Dark Helmet: "I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate."

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 05:04 AM
Click here to Send Darth L. Dipsit a Private Message Find more posts by Darth L. Dipsit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Assassinated on Sadow's orders? He was a head in a jar at the time.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 05:05 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Originally posted by Darth L. Dipsit
I never respected Simus much, but I just reread my facts and I must admit he was better than I thought. I just never liked him after I found that he was assassinated on Sadow's orders. It made it seem to me at the time as though he wasn't worthy of being killed by Sadow himself.

Well, he was Mr. Head in a Jar at that time -- I'd imagine it wouldn't have taken all that much work to assassinate him.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 05:05 AM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth L. Dipsit
Pimp of Good

I know that now. It was a clever move on his part as well, the self-preservation, and I must admit that he belongs very high on the list. I would change this foolish mistake if I still could (also, I forgot Ajunta Pall, but whatever). Thank you for the update, gentlemen.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 05:06 AM
Click here to Send Darth L. Dipsit a Private Message Find more posts by Darth L. Dipsit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Ajunta Pall is easy to forget. He was merely a dark jedi and barely a sith.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 05:11 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth L. Dipsit
Pimp of Good

Admittedly I never thought he was that great, but he was a pretty ingenuitive Sith to make such a powerful weapon/trinket and to be the original is pretty impressive as well - however, there is no denying that he has, at times, been vastly overestimated in the past.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 05:16 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I'm not sure he was the original. There is always Xendor, as in "Minions of Xendor". That is supposively the first to lead the Great Schism, although I had heard he died before they reached Korriban.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 05:23 AM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

There was a schism between the Jedi, of which Xendor basically took his forces and went home (figuratively). He was certainly what you would consider the first "Dark Jedi", but as far as the first Sith, that's tough. Ajunta Pall was 20000 years before the high time of the Empire under Ragnos, and the Sith Empire was remarkably advanced, so I have to say the peak of the Empire produced the most powerful individuals: Simus, Ragnos, Sadow, Kressh, etc..

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 06:27 AM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Actually when using logic I would have to put Pall above those guys on that list...

Exar Kun his spirit weakened in just 4000 years, and that was after he absorbed an entire race. Ragnos became a lot weaker in 5000 years. Every spirit became weaker fast, but Pall who's spirit appeared 21000 years later or something and yeah he was slaughtered by Revan but Revan was no weakling and probably except for Malak the only one who could do that at that time, and Pall was still a reasonable fighter.

If you look at how fast some of those Sith decay and how long Pall managed to stay around, i mean its freaking incredible.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 08:29 AM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Originally posted by Fishy
Actually when using logic I would have to put Pall above those guys on that list...

Exar Kun his spirit weakened in just 4000 years, and that was after he absorbed an entire race. Ragnos became a lot weaker in 5000 years. Every spirit became weaker fast, but Pall who's spirit appeared 21000 years later or something and yeah he was slaughtered by Revan but Revan was no weakling and probably except for Malak the only one who could do that at that time, and Pall was still a reasonable fighter.

If you look at how fast some of those Sith decay and how long Pall managed to stay around, i mean its freaking incredible.

You're making one huge mathematical and Star Wars assumption.

The one that spirits grow weaker by linear decay. For all we know, it could be exponential decay, where the first couple years they grow weaker by a long shot, and then the rate at which they weaken levels off and becomes more stable, gradually approaching 0.

Pall's spirit was impressive, and I would have him higher if we knew anything other than the fact he had a sword and that sword was taken in a game.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 09:11 AM
Fishy

Yeah okay, we don't know how fast spirits decline... But still just looking at how much weaker most of them became in a far smaller amount of time I would have to say Pall is really impressive. Although you could be right about that decline...

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 09:27 AM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 09:28 AM
Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I think Ajunta was still around not out of any bridling power, but because of the sword and his own need for redemption, really.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 12:35 PM