KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Which was a better movie: The Empire Strikes Back or Revenge of the Sith

Which was a better movie: The Empire Strikes Back or Revenge of the Sith
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

EMPIRE! It is considered the second best movie sequel of all time after The Godfather: Part II

My Opinion: From a cinematic standpoint EMPIRE was far superior, because it had better acting, screenplay, cinematography, deeper lyrics, more relevent charactars, and a much more believable and not so corny love story.

Leai: I love you.

Han: I know. <-----------That has got to be the most pimp line in the entire saga! Anyone disagree??????

ROTS had 21st century computer-generated effects going for it. That's all.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 07:55 AM
Click here to Send Darth Callous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Callous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
ROTS had 21st century computer-generated effects going for it. That's all.

You could've said anything before that statement, made the greatest argument in favor of ANYTHING before that. Then, as soon as I read it, you lost all credibility in my eyes.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 08:04 AM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan Skywalker

The Empire Strikes Back, simply had a better directer.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 08:28 AM
Click here to Send Dan Skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Dan Skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

In comparison to ESB, that statement stands. ROTS was a tyte action flick that connected the PT to the OT, but is nothing campared to ESB. I lost all credibility in yer eyes nigga???? That's koo, but what I said stands.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 08:30 AM
Click here to Send Darth Callous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Callous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kanis
L dragon

Easily empire strikes back it is better directed has more evil stuff and you find out something more shocking than anakin turning evil and slaughtering younglings. Yeah the obi wan anakin fight is better than the luke & vader fight.

The dragon lord cometh

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 08:37 AM
Click here to Send kanis a Private Message Find more posts by kanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarecrow756
The Joker

ESB I think is the far better movie. I knew this as soon as ROTS ended.
But ROTS comes a close second on my list.

"STARTING TONIGHT PEOPLE WILL DIE.. I`M A MAN OF MY WORD"-
THE JOKER- THE DARK KNIGHT TEASER TRAILER

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 09:16 AM
Click here to Send Scarecrow756 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarecrow756 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

I lost all credibility in yer eyes nigga???? That's koo

And that's where you lose even more. Damn. Here's why it doesn't stand. You can think EBS is the better movie. That's fine. But to say that the only thing that ROTS had was better effects makes me think you either didn't see the movie or you're just trying too hard to make a point. You're pissing on an entire movie for no good reason. ROTS had so many emotional scenes that had nothing to do with CG. You're going to disregard the emotional depth of Order 66? The end of the duel? Padme and Anakin's connection across Coruscant? That's just a few things you seem to not have noticed or cared about judging by your statement. I'm not telling you to change your mind & name ROTS as the better of the two films. I'm telling you not to dismiss ROTS as just a CGI fieldtrip.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 10:13 AM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarWarsSaga

Revenge of the Sith, Hands Down.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 11:06 AM
Click here to Send StarWarsSaga a Private Message Find more posts by StarWarsSaga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Originally posted by kremzike
I'm telling you not to dismiss ROTS as just a CGI fieldtrip.

It wasn't a CGI field trip as much as say, Attack Of The Clones, but the CGI did come damn close to spoiling a few of the scenes emotional impact.

In ESB, everything takes place in rather barren or simple environments, and the only things doing anything as such, are the main characters, and so there's a maximum deliverance of the character.

In ROTS, however, I felt myself getting lost in the visuals. Take Order 66. We see Aayla Secura getting gunned down, but my eye kept wanderring over to the Willy Wonka playground she was surrounded in. Plo Koons death was completely pointless and their deaths were ESTABLISHING SHOTS of where they were. This meant everyone had to watch a character and try and get a grip with whatever environment they were in. It was fast and visual orientated, latching onto a character and caring for them is hard. I cared a helluva lot more for Biggs or Dak.

And to be honest, when the Obi-Wan and Anakin fight moved over to the lava river (especially when Anankin rode a tiny droid about a metre at most away over searring hot lava) it just reminded me of a video game. He didn't burn when directly over the lava but was grilled just by lying near it on a bank? ROTS did a few things that really tried to distract me, and I had to concentrate to actually focus on the characters. Oh well, still both good movies, but ROTS wasn't even as good as A New Hope. The beastly transformation of Darth Vader and the countless deaths seem to make everyone automatically rabidly fall in love with an OK movie.

Last edited by Red Superfly on Aug 11th, 2005 at 11:15 AM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 11:11 AM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

welll 1) Empier strikes back is one of the best written star wars flims

2) Revenge of the sith had the most action (in my opinion)

but id have to go with Empier strikes bak its a classic

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 12:38 PM
Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kanis
L dragon

Irvin kersher should have directed ROTS because he would have made it darker.

The dragon lord cometh

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 01:20 PM
Click here to Send kanis a Private Message Find more posts by kanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KMCF

I liked Revenge of the Sith because the Visual Effects are so belivible. I also like The Yoda/Sidious matchup.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 01:31 PM
Click here to Send KMCF a Private Message Find more posts by KMCF Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

right u are but i like ROTS the way it is

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 01:31 PM
Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McCusto
Republic Commando

ROTS embarrasment

Official Member of the Cliegg Lars Fan Club

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 02:22 PM
Click here to Send McCusto a Private Message Find more posts by McCusto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I would say ESB, RotS doesn't come close. Or perhaps it is just that I have only seen it once at 19th of May while I've seen ESB hundreds of times.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 02:35 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowKing
Fallen Jedi

Empire...

let's count the ways...

1. Imperial Walkers
2. Snow Troopers
3. Han and Chewie
4. Han and Leia
5. Vader taking Luke to lightsaber school
6. Yoda
7. Boba Fett (does so very little - yet still seemed feckin' cool...that's why he remained popular until GL unceremoniously dumped him in a worm)
8. The Imperial March theme
9. Super Star Destroyer (how big is that thing?)
10. Overall pacing and lighting...
11. Dialogue and humor
12. A tight script

Favorite Scene- Vader: "You are beaten! Don't make me destroy you..."

Custom Sig courtesy of Ast!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 02:35 PM
Click here to Send ShadowKing a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

Originally posted by Red Superfly
It wasn't a CGI field trip as much as say, Attack Of The Clones, but the CGI did come damn close to spoiling a few of the scenes emotional impact.

In ESB, everything takes place in rather barren or simple environments, and the only things doing anything as such, are the main characters, and so there's a maximum deliverance of the character.

In ROTS, however, I felt myself getting lost in the visuals. Take Order 66. We see Aayla Secura getting gunned down, but my eye kept wanderring over to the Willy Wonka playground she was surrounded in. Plo Koons death was completely pointless and their deaths were ESTABLISHING SHOTS of where they were. This meant everyone had to watch a character and try and get a grip with whatever environment they were in. It was fast and visual orientated, latching onto a character and caring for them is hard. I cared a helluva lot more for Biggs or Dak.

And to be honest, when the Obi-Wan and Anakin fight moved over to the lava river (especially when Anankin rode a tiny droid about a metre at most away over searring hot lava) it just reminded me of a video game. He didn't burn when directly over the lava but was grilled just by lying near it on a bank? ROTS did a few things that really tried to distract me, and I had to concentrate to actually focus on the characters. Oh well, still both good movies, but ROTS wasn't even as good as A New Hope. The beastly transformation of Darth Vader and the countless deaths seem to make everyone automatically rabidly fall in love with an OK movie.

HALLELUIAH!!!

And in that mustafar fight when they were swinging on those cables and clashing sabers it looked like scene out of a cheap 50's buckaneer
flick. pirate vs pirate= Ani and Obi

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 06:45 AM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

And in that mustafar fight when they were swinging on those cables and clashing sabers it looked like scene out of a cheap 50's buckaneer
flick. pirate vs pirate= Ani and Obi

Yeah, that whole half second was hard to watch.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 06:57 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Altar[1stONE]
Lone Wolf

Originally posted by kremzike
Padme and Anakin's connection across Coruscant?

God that scene gets me everytime. If you have ever been apart from someone you love, youll know exactly how that shit feels *sigh*.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 08:46 AM
Click here to Send Altar[1stONE] a Private Message Find more posts by Altar[1stONE] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McCusto
Republic Commando

The music is eerie, too 0_o

Official Member of the Cliegg Lars Fan Club

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 01:04 PM
Click here to Send McCusto a Private Message Find more posts by McCusto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote