KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Which was a better movie: The Empire Strikes Back or Revenge of the Sith

Which was a better movie: The Empire Strikes Back or Revenge of the Sith
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthmaul1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SWFan4Life
^ Agreed on flawed character design for Ani. However, Hayden was definitely a mistake. Have you seen him in other movies? Terrible, just as bad as he was in the PT!

IMO Hayden was NOT a mistake, he did very well, and was very good in life as a house and shattered glass, and even jumper.

The empires strikes back is the best out of the 6 movies.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2010 09:19 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hayden no strikingly great actor though.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2010 09:53 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

is still say rots..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 8th, 2011 05:19 AM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barron-Ghidorah
Probably in bed

Revenge of the Sith is my favorite movie out of all 6.
But i do think Empire strikes back is a better movie, if that makes any sense lol.

Old Post May 8th, 2011 05:42 AM
Click here to Send Barron-Ghidorah a Private Message Find more posts by Barron-Ghidorah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
elfirrepins
sniperrifle backwards

I really don't see why people like ROTS. All it does is finish the new trilogy and leads up to the original trilogy. All the actors have already been established, the story is already set before the movie even came out, and the only newcomer is General Grievous. The only thing it had going for it is that it is a hell of a lot darker than the other 2 movies.

TESB, on the other hand, had a great story, had epic fight scenes (those walkers are still ingrained in my head) and the thought of Han Solo being frozen in carbonated ice kept me on my toes when I was a kid. The only thing that was bad about this movie was the ending. It kinda left us on a cliffhanger.

Personally, I like ROTJ the most out of the lot, but if I were to choose between ROTS and TESB, I'd choose TESB.

Old Post May 8th, 2011 11:32 PM
Click here to Send elfirrepins a Private Message Find more posts by elfirrepins Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

RotS is better than RotJ, by a longshot. RotJ, AotC and ANH are the worst of the 6.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 9th, 2011 02:59 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Originally posted by TheMagicPillow
Revenge of the Sith is my favorite movie out of all 6.
But i do think Empire strikes back is a better movie, if that makes any sense lol.

I know exactly what you're saying, 100 percent.

I like the ideas, story, and concept of ROTS the best.

I like the way ESB was executed, better.

That's about the best way I can put it.

The scope of ROTS and what goes down in it makes it the most significant chapter.......but ESB as a whole was executed better from a cinematic and character perspective...(less cgi and better established characters) which therefore makes it a more well put together film from a production standpoint, but not necessarily our favorite.

Hope that makes sense. ROTS is my favorite as well, but I do enjoy the feel and atmosphere of ESB a lot more.

The great thing about ESB is that the "tone" is perfect, and is consistent throughout the entire movie.

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on May 9th, 2011 at 06:26 PM

Old Post May 9th, 2011 06:19 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by darthmaul1
The empires strikes back is the best out of the 6 movies.

Old Post May 10th, 2011 01:33 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
RotS is better than RotJ,

thumb up

quote:
by a longshot.

thumb down

quote:
RotJ, AotC and ANH are the worst of the 6

thumb down thumb down thumb down

Old Post May 10th, 2011 02:39 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Hem hem, my two cents:

1. ESB
2. By a freakin hair line: ROTS
3. ANH
4. ROTJ
5. TPM
6. AOTC

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 05:38 AM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Good to see a lot of people have begun to hate AOTC.... the worst of the saga.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2011 08:46 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Oh yeah...AOTC is definitely garbage, but it's fun garbage. I can't help but like it.

It is funny how this movie hasn't aged very well. I remember when AOTC was released, everyone was ecstatic and saying how much of a turnaround it was from TPM. lol

I like George.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2011 05:22 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

It's the end of AotC that makes it bearable for me. It has been a while since I've actually seen it, but I remember it was just the last bit that made the movie worthwhile.

If it continued as it did from the first half, I would have been a much unhappier camper.

Even that last bit of AotC wasn't enough to push it above TPM, though.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 03:11 AM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Personally I love the last 45 minutes of AOTC. One big action-sequence almost. Really fun to watch on the big screen.

I like George.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 06:47 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

I dont get all the hate for this movie, it's not that bad at all.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 09:45 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Me either. I've always loved it.

I only said it was garbage because some of the special effects haven't aged very well and look rather campy. Jar Jar, Dex, Yoda....they look very bad when I watch the movie on my big TV. Not horrible, but not as good as the animations looked in ROTS.

I think AOTC has good "throw-away" entertainment...if that makes sense. It's fun to watch even if you don't take a whole lot away from it.

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on Jun 23rd, 2011 at 05:43 PM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2011 05:41 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by queeq
Good to see a lot of people have begun to hate AOTC.... the worst of the saga.

thumb up

Its actually the Only Star Wars movie that didn't blow me away first time I watched it.

I never really understood why people gave TPM such a hard time. Sure it wasn't in the league of the OT, but I was never expecting it to be tbh. I personally think it was hated because people's expectations were too high. But still by the end I did have that Wow feeling.

But when I saw AOTC, I actually kind of thought there was nothing great or special about that movie at all (apart from Yoda).

On topic all I will say is no matter what the critics say, ROTS was a worthy prequel to the OT.

Im not gna start saying its better or worse, just that it was worthy of the OT legend, and was actually the best cinematic experience of my life. (Only saw OT on the big screen for the special edition after Id already seen them a million times over lol).

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
RotJ, AotC and ANH are the worst of the 6.

You think 2 of the Original 3 are the worst of the 6?! WTF?!

But Maybe Lucas has a point. Its a generational thing.

You'll be hard pressed to find a 14/15 year old who actually enjoys the OT more than the PT.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jun 24th, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2011 10:10 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Definitely RotS. It's not even close, for me.

Also, AotC was awesome and still awesome, today. no expression

Old Post Jun 24th, 2011 11:11 AM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Nah... wink

Old Post Jun 24th, 2011 05:16 PM
General G
Canadian.

Originally posted by Sith Master X
Me either. I've always loved it.

I only said it was garbage because some of the special effects haven't aged very well and look rather campy. Jar Jar, Dex, Yoda....they look very bad when I watch the movie on my big TV. Not horrible, but not as good as the animations looked in ROTS.

I think AOTC has good "throw-away" entertainment...if that makes sense. It's fun to watch even if you don't take a whole lot away from it.

That's kind of why I don't like AotC that much...There's really not much we can take away from it. Not much happened.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jun 26th, 2011 12:44 AM