KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Which was a better movie: The Empire Strikes Back or Revenge of the Sith

Which was a better movie: The Empire Strikes Back or Revenge of the Sith
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Revenge of the Sith.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2011 06:16 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

ESB

Old Post Jun 26th, 2011 04:56 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Parts of ESB I like more than ROTS.....and parts of ROTS I like more than ESB.

The better movie is ESB for it's stellar production values. I think ROTS...is more fun.

And I have to add...ROTS had the potential to be quite possibly the best sci-fi film ever made granted the scope of what was going to happen and all the history we were finally going to witness. There's just 2 big problems that had it gotten right, I don't think it would have been a contest.

Obi-Wan going to Utapau to fight Greivous was the biggest waste of screen time ever....not only did it look bad, but it was forced so that Anakin wouldn't have anyone around to stop him when he made his turn....The ending would have been a lot more tragic had we slowly watched their relationship deteriorate throughout the film...to the point where Obi-Wan finally knows what has to be done. Rather than "Master....May the force be with you."
May the force be with you Anakin."

1 Hour later" You're going to kill him aren't you?"
"Um....pretty much."

Sorry, but even despite what Obi-Wan saw in the hologram, you're not going to resort to killing someone you've known for 13 years almost instantaneously. So Utapau and Greivous= big waste.

Anakin turning to the darkside to save Padme sucked too. He should have turned to the darkside simply because the power felt good and seductive....like good people everyday become victims to drugs & alcholol.

That I think, would have gave the audience a little more reason to relate and sympathize with Anakin...and we'd have felt bad for Padme too knowing that a dark power has consumed Anakin to the point where he no longer cares for her.

Either way, I take the film for what it's worth, and I really, really like it. But I do stop and think sometimes...."man, just imagine if this or that were done right...it would have been simply, EPIC."

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on Jun 26th, 2011 at 09:14 PM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2011 09:11 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sith Master X
Anakin turning to the darkside to save Padme sucked too. He should have turned to the darkside simply because the power felt good and seductive....like good people everyday become victims to drugs & alcholol.

That I think, would have gave the audience a little more reason to relate and sympathize with Anakin...and we'd have felt bad for Padme too knowing that a dark power has consumed Anakin to the point where he no longer cares for her.

I kinda disagree with this, actually. I found the way it actually happened to be more relatable. Everybody experiences love, for somebody or something, and they'll do anything they can to protect that person or thing. This just shows how far Anakin was willing to go to save the one he loves. He was willing to go against all he believed in to make his wife better. Just a matter of opinion though.

Originally posted by Sith Master X
Either way, I take the film for what it's worth, and I really, really like it. But I do stop and think sometimes...."man, just imagine if this or that were done right...it would have been simply, EPIC."

This couldn't have been said much better for me, though. Loved this, it's how I try and view movies as well. Especially book-to-movies or games-to-movies. I try to view them separately.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2011 12:29 AM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

ESB

Old Post Jun 29th, 2011 04:54 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

ESB. Barely, though.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jun 29th, 2011 11:12 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

Originally posted by ~JP~
I dont get all the hate for this movie, it's not that bad at all.

For me, the main problem was the way Palpatine was treated.

The Moto Dork

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 02:05 AM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

CORN!!!!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 04:00 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Originally posted by cornponious
For me, the main problem was the way Palpatine was treated.

Wow...there's a blast from the past!! Haven't seen you on here in forever!

I like George.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 09:53 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cornponious

Oh, hi.

Yes, I'm still alive.

The Moto Dork

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 12:01 AM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Love the sig.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 01:28 AM
cornponious

Originally posted by General G
Love the sig.

Thanks. PVS made it for me. Credit where credit is due.

Interesting to see so many of you guys still here. Nice to see it as well.

The Moto Dork

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 08:37 AM
queeq
Chaos

We don't have a life, Corn...

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 07:21 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

lol Lots of us stuck around. Of course the boards, or the SW section in particular don't have the life they did back in the day, but there's just enough of us here to keep it alive.

I know everyone would be against it, but I really would love to see another SW movie made down the road. This place would be booming again.

I like George.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 12:52 AM
General G
Canadian.

Originally posted by queeq
We don't have a life, Corn...

Star Wars nerds for life.

I really do enjoy coming back after a bit of a haitus(sp?) and see so many old faces. And it also surprises me every time just how long I've been here lol And I'm kinda with SMX, it would give us all a lot more to discuss if another movie came out. Maybe a live action, decent movie set between 2 and 3? Or something set in between 3 and 4 would be good, too.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 06:10 PM
cornponious

Well, I hear they'll be rereleased in 3D, so there's that.

The OT, that is.

The Moto Dork

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2011 04:51 PM
ares834

Originally posted by quanchi112
Revenge of the Sith.

Get the hell out of here!

stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2011 07:12 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by cornponious
Well, I hear they'll be rereleased in 3D, so there's that.

The OT, that is.

And the dreadful possibility of more changes...

Old Post Jul 6th, 2011 03:03 PM
General G
Canadian.

Possibility?? You underestimate Geroge Lucas and his power of change.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2011 06:29 AM
queeq
Chaos

I don't... I'm in denial. wink

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 07:28 AM