KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » ~She Loves Me Not~ (Danfic)

~She Loves Me Not~ (Danfic)
Started by: RaDiOdOrK

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RaDiOdOrK

so i'll keep posting here? or are you reading on global?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 09:17 PM
RaDiOdOrK is currently offline Click here to Send RaDiOdOrK a Private Message Find more posts by RaDiOdOrK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cutie_pie13
4eva young

no keep posting heresmile
i am only going on global because it is not heresmile
so if you dont mind post heresmile

sig done by piggle

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 08:48 AM
cutie_pie13 is currently offline Click here to Send cutie_pie13 a Private Message Find more posts by cutie_pie13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaDiOdOrK

Chappy Nine

Shauna quietly slipped inside and clicked the door shut behind her, hoping not to wake anyone.

‘Evening young lady.’

She jumped and spun around. Jen sat cross-legged, flipping through a magazine, donned in pyjamas and slippers. ‘It’s almost ten o’clock.’ She said firmly.

‘I didn’t think it mattered, you knew where I was.’ Shauna replied, confused.

Jen approached her, ‘yes but it’s a school night’, she tried to hide her grin.

Shauna squealed, ‘I’m starting school tomorrow?!’

‘Well, sort of, you have an enrolment interview.’

Shauna squeezed her mum tightly. ‘Is it the Girls College?’

‘Not exactly, they wouldn’t accept you mid-term. This one’s co-ed.’

Shauna opened the door and searched the darkness for Mel’s sleeping figure. She flicked the light on. ‘Mum! Where’s Melly?’

‘Out with friends.’

Shauna rose her eyebrows in surprise. She slipped off her dirt-smothered clothing that still lingered with Daniel’s scent, and smiled absent-mindedly to herself.

An hour later, a half asleep Shauna was woken by Melissa attempting to slip in quietly. Shauna propped herself up on one shoulder and clicked the lamp on. ‘Who are your friends?'

Melissa’s face spread into a grin, ‘What were their names again…. Oh, Danika and Deidre?’

Shauna returned the response with an incriminating stare. ‘Are these get-togethers going to be a regular?’ her voice was like acid.

Mel’s face dropped in disbelief, her tone laced with sarcasm, ‘I’m sorry. Apparently it’s the cool thing to do. Go out and ditch your best friend.’

‘I was out with my boyfriend, excuse me for finally having a serious one.’ Shauna rolled over and faced the wall, continuing the argument, ‘And I don’t have to tell you where I’m going, you used to do it to me all the time.’

Realisation dawned on Melissa. She sat quietly down on her bed, watching Shauna in thought. ‘Did you have fun with Dan.’

‘We could have had sex for all I care to tell you.’ Shauna snapped.

Mel was surprised, ‘Did you?’

Shauna paused for a while, ‘No.’

Melissa slipped off her shoes and lay back on her bed. ‘Look we just saw a movie okay? You left me on my own and you know I hate being stuck in the house.’

Shauna sat up again, irritated. ‘It’s not what you did Mel, it’s who you were with. The twins have a reputation alright? And I don’t need you getting a name for yourself around here as well. As much as you exaggerate your relationships with guys, you’ve got nothing on them.’

Melissa contemplated the thought for a while. ‘And to think they spoke so nicely about you Shauna.’

Shauna sighed. ‘They’re nice girls, they just don’t have any respect for themselves. Forget it, Your not staying here long anyway, do what you want.’

Mel studied her scrutinisingly, ‘Actually I’m out of work as of now and I thought my best friend would have some sympathy and maybe let me stay a little while. Mum and Dad are coming up for a bit and Jen said it would be good if we started school together.’

~ ~ ~

The headmaster shook Shauna’s hand and smiled sweetly at her. ‘I’m Mrs Corban, Take a seat please girls.’

Shauna fidgeted with her bracelet and glanced at Melissa.

‘What would you define as your solid academic points Ms Lanver?’

There was a pregnant pause as Shauna mentally summed up her interests.

‘I believe I have strong communication and writing skills and I’m also interested in art. It’s culture and history, that sort of thing.’ She trailed off, met by Mrs Corban’s empty gaze. After a moment, the headmaster began scribbling quickly on her notepad and muttering almost inaudibly. ‘Well of course English is compulsory for all students, and your example piece…. quite good, yes. Art appears to have some spaces…Where were we, ah yes, Melissa Bailey.’ Her head snapped up and stared at Melissa intently, expectantly.

‘Same question dearie, What are your points?’

Melissa’s smile widened and she sat up straight, her confidence shamelessly visible. ‘Well Mrs Corban, I’d like to be involved in deportment if it’s offered.’

Her request was met with a frazzled look. ‘I can assure you that our school doesn’t offer such a thing. We only host subjects containing some academic merit. It’s hardly exam-worthly for a year 12 student to balance books on her head, now is it?’

Melissa returned her ignorance with an accusing stare. The woman continued, ‘So I can only conclude that your worldly experiences and provocative magazine shoots-’ She held up Melissa’s modelling portfolio, ‘-Will offer you no future here should you continue with them Miss Bailey.’

Melissa was outraged, her reply came through gritted teeth, ‘Just because I use what I have’, she scanned the woman’s rotund figure, ‘Does not make me academically incapable. My mother taught me well, I assure you. So perhaps you should take some of those books off your head that you speak so ignorantly of, and read them before you tell me where my interests are taking me.’

Shauna bit the inside of her mouth to refrain from applauding. Melissa was not one to be judged and then back away without an argument.

The teacher was slightly taken aback, both somewhat impressed and angered. Her tone softened none-the-less. ‘How about I just put you both in the same classes. Much easier to see how you’re going yes?’

Melissa answered first. ‘We’ll do fine.’

Mrs Corban nodded and rose from her chair. ‘You can collect your timetables from the foyer a little later, I expect you in uniform tomorrow. That’ll be all girls.’

~
Jess looked on bewildered, as Shauna left the office at her school, chattering excitedly with another girl, a school key pass dangling from her neck imprinted with the school logo. Her heart sank.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 12:48 PM
RaDiOdOrK is currently offline Click here to Send RaDiOdOrK a Private Message Find more posts by RaDiOdOrK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cutie_pie13
4eva young

wow. it was greatsmile
keep posting

sig done by piggle

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 07:50 AM
cutie_pie13 is currently offline Click here to Send cutie_pie13 a Private Message Find more posts by cutie_pie13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HPRox90
Auror

This is really, really good! Post soon!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 11:15 AM
HPRox90 is currently offline Click here to Send HPRox90 a Private Message Find more posts by HPRox90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaDiOdOrK

TEN

Jess hadn’t seen Shauna yet that morning. She has studied each face carefully as it entered the building for quite some time before she moved over to meet Dan and Mitch in their usual place. Jai was late as usual.

Dan and Mitch were deep in conversation and Jess couldn’t help but catch the end of it as she sat down.

‘Why don’t you just tell me?’ Dan attempted to hide his frustration.

'There is honestly nothing to tell.’ Mitch laughed and shook his head.

Jess interrupted, ‘If you’re asking him about his little incident with Deidre, he never kisses and tells.’ She grinned at Mitch who continued looking smug.

Dan leaned back and studies the pair, growing more irritated, ‘Oh fantastic, everyone knows but me.’

Jess pouted, ‘I didn’t admit to knowing anything.’

There was a short silence as Dan continued to study them both warily, suddenly perking up. ‘Hey Jessy it feels like it’s been ages.’

Her tone turned solemn, ‘It has been ages.’

Daniel looked confused. ‘You sound kind of bitter.’

Jess glanced over his shoulder and saw a familiar face. She wore a fresh uniform and a lost expression. She suddenly spotted the trio and walked over briskly.

Jess spoke quickly, ‘I know you have a girlfriend Danny, but don’t forget about us okay?’

Dan spoke reassuringly, ‘I wouldn’t ever do that! Look, if it makes you feel better how about after school we-’

‘Daniel!’

‘Shauna?’

Dan spun around and stared at her, awe-struck. ‘I had no idea!’
She ran and hugged him. ‘Isn’t this great? Now we can see each other all the time!’

Dan pushed her hair back and kissed her lightly on the cheek. ‘So no more sneaking though my bedroom window then?’
Jess gave a weak smile and wave. She knew any plans Dan had made with the group that day had been long forgotten when he saw Shauna.

~

Shauna’s first class was art.

‘This semester will be solely based on transgression. Can anyone tell me what they think that might be?’

Shauna spoke, ‘Taking something beyond the limits. Basically a piece of art that offends or distresses the viewer.’

The teacher smiled brightly. ‘Why thank-you Shauna. So you’ve done art before?’

She gushed, ‘My mother taught me mostly.’

‘Well you’ll find this class invaluable. It’ll be interesting to see what you come up with.’

Shauna blushed and stared down at her empty notebook, feeling the eyes burning her from all directions.

~

Melissa met Shauna in the lunchroom and they hugged happily, chatting non-stop about their first classes.

‘And there’s this guy, Adrian, anyway I sat next to him in English and he smiled at me! And he was cute too! Shauna I love it here. What about you? Spotted any lookers?’

Shauna smiled as she pointed behind Melissa. ‘Actually there is one guy.’

‘Hey Melissa.’

Mel looked up briefly and rolled her eyes. ‘Hey Dan. You’re mum really knew the right school to pick Shauna huh?’

Jai arrived at the table and Shauna was briefly introduced. He seemed slightly dishevelled and out-of-it.

‘Had a rough one Jai?’ Dave nudged him as he sat down, causing him to groan a response. ‘S’been alright.’

Deidre approached the table tentatively and all eyes looked up to meet her.

‘Hey Mitch, can I steal you for a sec?’

Shauna noticed that she’d lost her usual flirtatious tone and her sister wasn’t hanging off her arm. She watched them curiously as they disappeared.

Mitch eyed Deidre, concerned. She wouldn’t meet his eye and stared at her shuffling feet, looking for words to say.

‘What’s up Dede? I don’t think you brought me over here to tell me about your shoes. Look at me.’

She stuttered, ‘Um, Mitch I thought, since the party I should let you know something.’ She cleared her throat and her eyes welled up with tears as she forced herself to keep his gaze. ‘I thought I should tell you before someone else does. It’s kinda been getting around. Mitch I’m pregnant.’

~~~

‘Cancer Research Institute, This is Natalie.’

“Hello, yes I received my confirmation letter recently.’

She gripped the phone tightly to steady her trembling voice. ‘I need to ah…make an appointment.’ She gritted her teeth and squeezed her eyes shut. Her son would be home soon.

'Next week perhaps? I’ll have to get time off work ….of course, I understand yes….no I haven’t told them, not yet.’

The voice on the other end was reassuring. She wrote down the details and clicked the phone back up.

Then she lay her head down on the table and let the tears fall, thinking of everything she’d have to leave behind if this didn’t work out.

Suddenly the front door lock clicked open and she raced upstairs to wipe her eyes.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 11:49 AM
HPRox90
Auror

Really, really great!! Plzzzzzz post soon!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 09:07 PM
HPRox90 is currently offline Click here to Send HPRox90 a Private Message Find more posts by HPRox90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cutie_pie13
4eva young

WOW, its greatsmile
post soon plezsmile

sig done by piggle

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 06:26 PM
RaDiOdOrK

ELEVEN This one contains adult content... (mild)

Dan didn’t see Mitch after lunch. He thought about calling him after school when he arrived to an empty car park. Maybe he took Deidre home he thought, assuming he’d be walking home.

Shauna startled him. ‘Walk with me?’

‘I thought you’d be with Melissa?’

‘No, her parents just got in and she left early to meet them.’

They began walking and Dan slipped his fingers through hers and smiled. ‘Can you come back to mine for a bit?’

She laughed. ‘You’re so cute. Milk and cookies is it?’

He looked at her cheekily. ‘Not that sort of afternoon tea.’

She flushed a little, ‘I thought you were innocent once, I really did.’

‘So did I. But you make me different. I’ve been thinking about you from the second I got up this morning. It’s driving me mad.’

She eyed him coyly, ‘I guess I can spare a few minutes.’

~

Jess sat at home glumly. After school used to mean all the guys at her place eating and kicking a ball around. Shauna had changed all of that and Jess began to despise her even more as she thought about what they were doing right now. She saw them leave holding hands and that little gesture had her so agitated she didn’t feel like speaking to Dan ever again.

She’d been friends with him for almost seven years and this pretentious, worldly snob had moved in and stolen her best friend. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that she hadn’t had a boyfriend in just as long. She willed herself to be happy for him until it made her sick. But there had always been that little bit of hope that Dan would look past the fact that she liked sport, didn’t wear make-up and didn’t have a female friend in sight, and maybe pay some attention to her. The tiny gleam of hope was stepped on when Shauna was introduced and Jess had gone back to being not good enough.

~

Dan’s room was dim, with the blinds drawn and the air holding a musky, masculine sort of smell. Some clothes were draped across the floor and his bed was still unmade.

Dan slipped his bag off and approached Shauna from behind, gently kissing her neck and running his hands down her bare arms. She turned to face him, raising up on her toes and wrapping her arms around his broad shoulders. She dragged her lips gently across his, lingering there for a second and breathing him in, before pressing on, opening her mouth slightly.

They slowly approached the bed, eyes still closed, engrossed in each other. Dan eased her down, slipping his hand up her back as she slid her legs snugly around his waist, bringing him closer. They continued, fixated on each other’s mouths as Shauna played with the hem of his untucked shirt. He loosened his tie and threw it on the floor and pulled the uniform over his head, Shauna leaned away for a moment to run her hands down his built chest and stomach, damp with sweat.

Dan slid down slightly, grinding himself against her and causing her to breathe more heavily as sensations echoed up her body. He put his mouth to her skin and placed heavy kisses on her neck and chest.

Shauna clung to his back tightly and strengthened her grip around his waist, releasing a small moan from his throat. He tickled her stomach lightly as he brought his hand up to her breast, running his fingers over the lace beneath her blouse. She threw her head back on the pillow and closed her eyes as he plucked the buttons of her shirt. She pulled it off her shoulders and pressed closer to his naked chest, feeling his warmth as she kissed him eagerly, aggressively.

Just as he ran one hand up her thigh the phone in his pocket sounded. Shauna collapsed back on the bed, sighing heavily.

‘Hi Jess…. Yeah I’m with Sha…. Really?’

After a few moments of shock he hung up the phone. Shauna could tell by his expression that he didn’t want to continue what they were doing.

‘That was Jess. Apparently Deidre is pregnant. The whole grade knows.’
Shauna looked down at their half naked bodies, taking the call as a warning. Her skirt was around her waist and her torso was bare apart from a slinky lace bra. She sat up and reached for his blanket, Dan still looking concerned.

Shauna scratched his arm lightly is contemplation. ‘You think Mitch….?’

‘That’s exactly what I was thinking.’

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 01:57 AM
cutie_pie13
4eva young

WOW, that was coolsmile
POST SOON PLEZ, its greatsmile

sig done by piggle

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 09:17 AM
RaDiOdOrK

Chapter 12

Mitch didn’t sleep that night at all. In fact he hadn’t left his room since getting home from school the previous day. His mother had tried knocking on his door a few times but he wasn’t in the mood to talk to anyone.

He threw his clothes on for school and dragged himself out to his car. Everyone had seen him and Deidre together most of the night so he knew the moment he stepped into the grounds questions would be thrown his way.

He’d have to come clean to Dan if he wanted all his friends to understand. Nothing was kept secret in their school. All two hundred year 12 students knew everything that happened between them. They based it all on rumours and assumptions and usually Mitch didn’t get involved, but now that he was, he hated it.

He parked close to the building and trudged inside to his locker, ignoring stares and faint whispers. Danika passed with her gossipping friends and gave him a silent, knowing look. Deidre was no where in sight.
He hadn’t gotten a chance to see his friends until lunchtime. He approached their usual table, and he could feel Dan watching him just like everyone else. He didn’t greet Mitch, just looked at him quietly. The conversation of the group ceased as he took his place.

Dan spoke first. ‘None of us wanted to find out like this Mitch.’

‘Let me explain myself before you step back with everyone else and judge me Daniel!’

Dan narrowed his eyes, ‘I gave you so many opportunities to explain yourself. But all I ended up with was a message from someone else along the line. What am I supposed to think when the girl my best friend spends the night with winds up pregnant. I think it’s a little late to be offering your lame excuses. This is so unlike you….’

Mitch grew defensive, rising from his chair and slamming his tray down on the table. ‘I thought, of all people Dan, you would be on my side for this one, no matter how you found out. After all the times-’

He was interrupted by growing conversation, as heads turned towards the lunchroom doors.

Deidre had entered alone. Shauna heard whispers from the tables nearby.

‘I can’t believe she’s showing her face again….’

‘I thought she only dressed like a whore….’

‘Why is she just standing there….’

A senior boy at the table closest to her began yelling rude remarks her way, riling up the entire room in laughter, showing no remorse what so ever.

Melissa looked on open mouthed, as she stood there frozen with humiliation for the first time in her life. Not even her sister came to her defence.

‘Stop it! Just leave her!’ she screamed but was drowned out by all the voices.

A doll was thrown at Deidre in mockery, landing at her feet, but she remained motionless and dizzy from the taunts.

The last bit of dignity blinded her as it rolled down her cheeks and dripped on the floor, following by her fainting body. Melissa was the first at her side, while Mitch left silently out the back door.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 10:07 AM
cutie_pie13
4eva young

awwwww this is sooo sadsad
but GREAT at the same timesmile
keep on postin plzsmile

sig done by piggle

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 06:37 PM
RaDiOdOrK

Thirteen

Dan followed swiftly out after him.

Mitch stormed toward his car, fumbling in his pocket for his keys.
Dan called out to him but he wouldn’t stop or even turn. He reversed his car out and in an attempt to stop him, Dan stepped in front and placed his hands firmly on the bonnet, looking menacingly through the wind screen.

Mitch held his firm gaze for a moment then reluctantly pulled up the hand brake.

Dan’s heart had risen into his throat, he wasn’t certain Mitch would even stop, he’d never seen him so furious. He cautiously approached the passenger door and sat in the car, facing forward.

Not saying anything, Mitch drove out of the grounds and down the street. He kept his jaw clamped shut in anger, not forgetting for a second the words Daniel had confronted him with just minutes before.
Dan fidgeted, too stubborn to speak as Mitch seemed to grow more enraged with each gear change as the speed climbed steadily.

‘Why’d you just walk out?’

Mitch’s eyes didn’t leave the road. Dan’s voice was persistent and on the verge of sarcasm. ‘No. Please tell me! I can’t wait to find out what plans you’ve got with this girl. Is that what you did at the party as well? Leave her lying on the floor and walk out?! Speak to me!’

Mitch ground his teeth and slammed on the brakes, the car swerving off-road and gravel spitting off the side. He turned off the engine and gripped the steering wheel, dust settling around them.

He turned and faced Dan, eyes blazing and arms clenched. Dan was almost fearful of the change from his usual placid persona.

‘Let’s get one thing straight before I tell you anything.’ He pointed his finger menacingly, almost touching Dan.

‘You disgust me Daniel Radcliffe.’

Dan attempted to hide his surprise. Mitch took heaving breaths and continued.

‘Never once have I doubted you, questioned you or shown anything but respect for you as my friend. And the moment you hear a rumour about me you hold judgement because I wouldn’t tell you what was going on between us.’

Dan listened intently now. The realisation of his mistake setting in.
‘If you ask me you’re getting a little too self absorbed with your own perfect relationship to see your friends’ falling around you.’

Dan spoke softly, ‘Then what am I supposed to think?’

Mitch’s tone had a tinge of accusation ‘Don’t think anything.’ He started the car and did a u-turn. ‘Just leave the whole f*cking thing alone.’

The trip back was just as silent. Mitch’s anger subsided a moment as he realised how he’d lashed out.

‘I didn’t touch the wh*re.’

Dan snapped his head around in surprise, guilt sinking in on Mitch’s confession.

‘That’s what she is……a wh*re. And I can say that because I’m the only one who knows it wasn’t me. And the son-of-a-b*tch who did it of course.’

Daniel didn’t speak for a while, wondering how genuine Mitch was being.
He continued, ‘Wouldn’t let me touch her……barely even let me kiss her. Didn’t see her for half the night after that.’

Dan nodded and spoke tentatively, carefully choosing his words. ‘Then why’d you let me think otherwise?

Mitch shifted uncomfortably as he turned into Dan’s street. ‘I dunno.’ He shrugged. ‘It was kind of stupid huh? I just assumed you and Shauna were…you know…when I saw you guys lying there.’ He glanced at Dan, ‘I suppose She made me think we had something going.’

Dan was glad to get out of the car. ‘Thanks for a rough lift.’

Mitch waved and reversed out, a little embarrassed at his outburst. He knew he had a right to vent but His best mate had a right to know what went on as well.

~FLASHBACK~

Deidre sat opposite Mitch, leaning forward and offering her cleavage to anyone looking in that direction. She ran her finger around the rim of her drink and stared at Mitch in a sultry manner. Conversation had been going slowly.

‘You’re so shy Mitch, it’s almost cute.’

This made him turn a deeper shade of scarlet and look down to his shuffling feet. He mumbled and excuse. ‘Nah it’s not that.. I just-’
She gripped his arm tightly and her eyes lit up, ‘Come upstairs with me?’

He followed dumbly up the stairs into his room. She collapsed on his bed, her legs over the side, spread slightly. ‘Just enough to tease’ Mitch thought.

‘Have you ever been with a girl Mitch?’

She slid back further onto the mattress and bit her lip at him.
‘err..well-’

‘That’s okay. I can teach you.’

He approached her slowly and she leaned forward, never breaking the gaze and ran one finger smoothly down his abdomen, lingering at his crotch.

He relaxed beside her and reached out to place his hand on her body. She gripped his fingers tightly and pressed his hand back into his chest.

‘Eager aren’t you?’

He grinned at her in anticipation.

She scanned his body slowly, knowing full well that he was watching her every move. She leaned forward and gave Mitch a playful smile as their lips met briefly. He tried to deepen the kiss but she pressed a single digit to his lips and pulled away.

‘There’ll be none of that.’

He stared at her in bewilderment. He was so close but Deidre was so calmly refusing him. Again he tried to stroke her but it was returned with a squeeze of his arm as she firmly, but seductively restrained him.
‘What the rush Mitchy? We’ve got all night.’

The whisper sent warm shivers over his body, and inside he writhed with anxiety.

She leaned in towards his lips again but stopped just short. ‘I’m gong to grab another drink kay babe?’

She paused at the doorway and looked back at him, ‘We’re friends right?’ he nodded eagerly and she blew a kiss and left, with no intention of returning.

~END FLASHBACK~

Deidre came to in the sick bay shortly afterwards, and smiled at the drowsy looking Melissa lying snugly at her side.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 01:02 PM
cutie_pie13
4eva young

WOW, its absoulutly fabulously fabsmile

sig done by piggle

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 12:41 PM
jlee17xoxo412

love it

So guys are the most confusing thing ever on earth

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 09:42 PM
jlee17xoxo412 is currently offline Click here to Send jlee17xoxo412 a Private Message Find more posts by jlee17xoxo412 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaDiOdOrK

FOURTEEN

Shauna tentively slipped through Dan's front door.

'knock knock!' Her voice echoed brightly off the walls.

She heard clanging in the kitchen and Daniels mum emerged, mess of hair and awkwardly holding a baking tray.

'How are you sweetie? Come on in, Dan's upstairs.'

'I think it's about time Mr Radcliffe gave you a hand in the kitchen' she hinted.

A grumble and shuffle of newspapers were heard from the lounge and Marcia rolled her eyes and disappeared.

Shauna chuckled, dropped her things on the table and headed upstairs.
Dan lay edgeways, hanging over the side of his bed flicking at his guitar strings, wearing only a pair of jeans.

He rolled off his bed as she entered and smothered her in an eager embrace.

'Where'd you go today? I was looking for you everywhere.' She tried to keep a stern tone but he brushed it off, 'Did you try the airport?'

She shoved him playfully, 'Dan...'

'Alright! Don't shoot! Me and mitch needed to sought out a few things. i was a right ass to him today and he knocked some sense into me.'

'He hit you?'

'No! we just chatted. everythign is good now, we always work it out.'

'And the baby...'

'Not his'

'oh?' Shauna lay back and pulled a cushion to her chest absentmindedly. 'Deidre's that bad huh?'

Dan shrugged and snuggled her close. 'I don't want to think about that right now.'

She ran her hands roughly through his hair, 'You have some good friends you know that? I wouldn't of let you off so easily today.' She grinned at him, but his expression turned sombre. 'You're right Shauna. let me know if i ever take you or any of my friends for granted.'

She leaned forward and pecked his nose. 'Let me know when you're going to kiss me 'cause I've been hanging out all day..'

He laughed lightly and leaned forward to her mouth, whispering softly, 'Make-out session, take-two', as he turned off his phone and wrapped his arms around her.

Melissa lay on Deidre's bed flicking through pages of her photo album, consisting mostly of bikini-laden girls hanging off guys.

'Oh that one just has pictures of me and the girls. it's a little out of date.'

Melissa nodded, not paying much attention, her mind on other things. 'What did your parents say about the baby?'

Deidre shrugged as she slipped out of her uniform and stalked across the room in her underwear, in search of an outfit. 'Dad's a little pissed (angry) about it but he was always telling my mum we had it coming.'

Mel tried to hide her disgust. 'You planned this?'

'No. not planned per-se, but..oh well, i never really thought about it.' she turned to face Melissa and slipped on an oversized shirt which was probably what Deidre considered a dress. 'What's the big deal anyway? It's only a baby.'

Melissa reddened at her accusation, reaching for a new album as a distraction. 'Just seems like a fair bit of hassle for ten minutes of pleasure.'

Deidre giggled and collapsed beside her. 'Who said it was ten minutes? You have underestimated me Melly.'

Melissa cringed at the use of her and Shauna's nickname. 'How's your head?'

Deidre rubbed the back of her head in search of a lump. 'I don't think i fell that hard actually. I can't believe i fainted. It was my only way out of that lunchroom I swear. I'm never going back.'

Melissa protested, 'But i was looking forward to spending my last year of school with you girls..'

'There's still the others.' Deidre flicked at her hair. 'And what about Shauna?'

Mel looked uneasy, 'I guess. But she has a boyfriend now, I'm just a third wheel.'

'And I have a baby. what's the dif? Get a boyfriend. there's plenty of eligible guys around here. Depends what you want from them of course. I'm sure a few could offer that ten minutes you're after.' Deidre smiled to herself, amused as Melissa turned scarlet.

'As long as you don't talk to my sister. we're on non-speaking terms. She started all this you know?' As if on cue Danika stepped hautily into the bedrrom and dumped her things down. Without speaking to either of them she changed and grabbed a handbag. Her cell sounded and she answered cheerfully, Melissa and Deidre trying unsuccessfuly to ignore her.

'Hey Jai...yup. You can pick me up in about fifteen minutes.I want you to bring your parents' car.' She hushed her tone, but was still fairly audible, 'I'm wearing the red one you gave me.' She giggled, glanced over her shoulder at the girls and slipped out, firmly shutting the door.
Melissa couldn't believe how shallow people were, and she thought she'd met them all in the modelling industry.

She looked up to Deidre who was sitting silently on the corner of her bed, the colour drained from her face.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 07:59 AM
RaDiOdOrK

So am I not continuing here anymore??

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 12:00 PM
Brunette Angel

NO don't quit! Keep going!

Ron, Harry, Hermione - Anime!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 04:07 PM
Brunette Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Brunette Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Brunette Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaDiOdOrK

Well i need feedback!! big grin

FIFTEEN

Marcia sat down heavily at the dining table while waiting for the vegetables to boil.

She flickered mindlessly with one of Shauna folders on the table that had caught her attention. It appeared to be an art folder with 'Miracles' emblazed across the cover, in the midst of photos artfully captured from cities around the world.

Out of mere curiosity, she opened it up and various sketches and pictures spilled out onto the table.

The first was a black-and-white photo, intricately angled, capturing half a smile, which appeared to be Daniel's, and lips pressed against his cheek. Marcia smiled to herself as she flipped through them. Another showed sunlight filtering through a splintered picket fence, the bugs crawling there, frozen in there tracks.

Each shot had been carefully arranged and taken with explicit care and she found herself marvelled with each new one.

'Mum something's burning.'

Daniel has come downstairs and eyed his mum accusingly while screwing up his face at the smell of burnt carrots.

'Oh geez i got side-tracked. Shauna will you be eating with us?'

Shauna slipped her artwork back into the folder and shook her head. 'Um, actually mum is expecting me back home.'

She picked up her bag ready to leave, when Mrs Radcliffe interrupted, 'Sorry dear i didn't mean to pry, but you have some amazing work there. did you take all those yourself?'

Shauna blushed, remembering the random snaps of Dan she'd stashed in there. 'Yeah i had to develop most of them too. Part of my course.'

Dan's mum leaned over the counter and eyed Shauna thoughtfully. 'I was wondering, well i know you're busy, but i thought perhaps you'd like to help me out. You see i own a photography place downtown. Portraits, developing, decorating, photoshop; that sort of thing. Right now i have a couple of unremarkable staff members there who've taken over because i'm too busy, maybe you could teach them a few things.'

Shauna bit her lip, hiding her excitement. 'You're giving me a job?'

Marcia smiled. 'Only if you're up to it. You can start whenever you like. flexible hours i promise.'

Dan cleared his throat. 'You would think your only child would have preferance wouldn't you?'

His mother threw a tea-towel at him. 'I said the staff were unremarkable, not hopeless. From what i've learnt Daniel, you couldn't develop a polaroid shot.'

Shauna broke into hysterics, it wasn't often that she'd heard a joke excape Dan's mum. 'Just for that, Mrs Radcliffe, i'll take the job.'

Dan feigned misery as he gave Shauna a quick kiss goodbye.

~~~~

'What's up Dede?'

Deidre had gone from looking like her world had fallen down around her, to looking like she wanted to destroy one.

'Of ALL people...'

Melissa sat up now, getting distraught. 'Your sister did something....?'

Deidre glared at Melissa as if she was stupid. 'Obviously! That B***h knows I like Jai and she's purposely gone out of her way to get him. For her sake, i hope i'm asleep when she gets back.'

Melissa rolled her eyes. 'You're not thinking of dating while you're pregnant are you?'

'That's not the point. I thought you understood me. No one understands me. I'd like you to leave.'

Melissa opened her mouth to speak but thought better of it. Instead, she shut the door a little harder than neccessary to get her revenge, and politely waved to the twins parents as she left.

She looked back at their beautiful home as she took long strides down the street, and wondered how long it would take their family to fall apart from being so self-absorbed.

~~~~

Jess sat at home, yet again on her own. She had Daniel's number pressed into her cell but hadn't called it. It hadn't been that long since she had called him every night and talked for hours. And she missed the nights she had turned up at his house spontaneously and had dinner with the family adn stayed till after midnight, Alan carrying her to the car and taking her home. She thought at least Marcia would have asked Dan why she hadn't been around in a while.

She threw her phone across the room and swore loudly as it landed, till intact on the wooden floor, picked up her football and went outside to play with her brother.

~~~

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 07:03 AM
Brunette Angel

I like your story, please keep posting here cause the global thing has so many comments that it takes forever to get to the next entry. But great job!

Ron, Harry, Hermione - Anime!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 10:06 PM
Brunette Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Brunette Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Brunette Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote