KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » READ THIS FIRST! Welcome to Unhosted- post game ideas here

READ THIS FIRST! Welcome to Unhosted- post game ideas here
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (693): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

READ THIS FIRST! Welcome to Unhosted- post game ideas here

Welcome to the Unhosted Role Playing area at KMC.

This is the home for role-playing games that have no poster (or group of posters) in charge- hence 'Unhosted', as opposed to Hosted games which are run by a poster(s), often known as a Games Master, or GM. Most on-line RPs are Unhosted, hence this is the biggest RP area.

Unhosted games don't tend to have rules as such, but the community inside each game decides what and what is not acceptable. Playing is simply a matter of adding a post in-character, thouygh many RPS often require some sort of registtraiton process first, normally just to establish who your character is.

It is very important that you do not confuse this sort of RP with carry-on fiction. RPs are all about playing a role, hence the name. Playing these roles often goes towards creating a story, but if writing a story with other people is specifically what you are interested in, there is an forum for that inside the General Fiction area.

There are some simple rules for Role-playing in this area.

1. Be polite and considerate at all times- especially to a long-established gaming community in one of the older RPs. Whilst obviously, people who come in spamming and insulting will be warned, so too will those who upset the balance of a game to the detriment of its players. Always have respect for a game you are playing in.

Note- obviously, it is acknowledged that in-character, you may be making insults that you don't actually mean as a person. These will not be acted against, but do make sure everyone knows what is fantasy and what is reality.

On that same note, whilst a certain flexibility for issues of violence in-game is given, please stay away rom overty sexual or otherwise inappropriate content- remember, these are not adult forums

2. Please do not take liberties with the freedom this area offers. With no literal rules, it is easy to create a superhero character with infinite power who can destroy the Universe in a blink of an eye... but a. that shows absolutley no imagination and b. it is totally unfair on other players who are trying to create a more measured story. Playing a totally dominant character in a game does not make you a better person!

3. As well as respect for a game, also respect other people's characters- this is very much the Golden Rule of Unhosted RPing. Don't just kill others off, or totally do them over, or totally undo some work they have done, just like that, for no reason, with no plot or drama, simply because you wanted it that way. This sort of egoism makes for very bad games. Players being caught doing exceptionally nasty things to others- and believe me, we have seen all sorts here over time- will face immediate bans from the RP areas, and if necessary bans form the board.

-

All that out of the way... the one part of this ares which IS very heavily regulated is in the creation of new games. This rule is important so I shall highlight it:

DO NOT SIMPLY OPEN A NEW THREAD CREATING A GAME!

It will be closed. ALL GAMES must have permission from me before they start. This is because we otherwise get drowned in hundreds of games which no-one wants to play, which were opened by someone who thought it seemed a good idea at the time, and then forgot about it.

The process for permission is in fact very simple. Post and outline your idea, like:

"I have an idea for a game where we all play ancient dragons awoken after hundreds of years sleeping and trying to discover what destroyed our old world. You can play any colour dragon and make up your powers to fit who you are."

That idea, regardless of whether it is popular, works well as an idea because it says a. what you are, b what the setting is, and c. what the plot is. Any idea lacking any of these three things is likely to get many people scratching their heads, not sure what the point of the game is.

Once posted, simply wait for people to say if they are interested. If the idea looks fair, I normally approve the game once about four or five people show interest. Once I have given permission, you may open your thread and begin play. Real life is often a big distraction for me, and your idea may go unchecked for a while- I try to check this thread at least once a week, but delays can occur. Please be patient- I often view those who cannot be patient about an idea as obviously not being very committed to it.

Finally, three other rules about submitting game ideas:

1. The only place I will consider game ideas is this thread. Please don't PM me with game ideas or asking for permission- if I allowed that, I would get flooded, and answering some would be unfair on others.. I will simply ignore such PMs.

2. For the sake of space, a maximum of two threads per game please- normally one gaming thread (obviously), an a second thread for discussion of the game, registration for the game, or both.

3. Please don't fill up this thread with unneccessary chatter! It makes it harder for me to go through it. Keep it strictly for game ideas and interest in them, thanks.

4. Do NOT select characters in this thread. It wastes huge amounts of space and time. This is purely for the pitching of ideas and showing of interest, NOT for any form of content creation. Game ideas which encourage character selection in-trhead will not be allowed.

That's all. Thanks for your interest, and have fun gaming!

Post away with your new game ideas...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Nov 16th, 2006 at 07:21 PM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 12:08 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diabloprimeevil
lost to the wind

please can i start a diablo2 rpg
it would start after the destruction of the world stone and it would be about the brother hood of darkness
you can be any of the following eather male or female(apart from amazon)
paladin
necromancer
barbarian
druid
assasin
sorcerer
amazon
you and you party have been sent to investagate a powerfull energy that has been senced by the elders of the ariet summet the brother hood have gotten a hold of peace of the world stone and are using it to restor the 3 prime evils agains odds you must get to them and stop them.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 02:57 PM
diabloprimeevil is currently offline Click here to Send diabloprimeevil a Private Message Find more posts by diabloprimeevil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

I am so very in to this diablo yes will there be a level system or just a free magical class thing? big grin

"You will too eventually be part of my collection"

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 03:15 PM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rodgort
Dickroll'd.

The Legend of Luke RPG: This is the last time i'l post this:

Martin the Warrior, Gnoff the Prince of Mousethieves, Dinny Foremole, and Trimp the roaving hedgehog venture from Redwall Abbey to the northern shores where Luke, Martin's father abandonned him as a child. He find's 4 of the surviving crew of the Gorleech who were with his father on his adventure, and they tell him all about it

Anyone?

(Thanks Raijin) Xbox Live-Frisky Marcus

Change my attempt, good intentions.
Should I? Could I?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 09:34 PM
Rodgort is currently offline Click here to Send Rodgort a Private Message Find more posts by Rodgort Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Backbone

Martin the Warrior, Gnoff the Prince of Mousethieves, Dinny Foremole, and Trimp the roaving hedgehog venture from Redwall Abbey to the northern shores where Luke, Martin's father abandonned him as a child. He find's 4 of the surviving crew of the Gorleech who were with his father on his adventure, and they tell him all about it

Anyone?
i would but i dont know what it is erm
Originally posted by diabloprimeevil
it would start after the destruction of the world stone and it would be about the brother hood of darkness
paladin
necromancer
barbarian
druid
assasin
sorcerer
amazon
you and you party have been sent to investagate a powerfull energy that has been senced by the elders of the ariet summet the brother hood have gotten a hold of peace of the world stone and are using it to restor the 3 prime evils agains odds you must get to them and stop them.
that sounds kewl diablo smile can there only be one of each?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 10:00 PM
Cherrywild is currently offline Click here to Send Cherrywild a Private Message Find more posts by Cherrywild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rodgort
Dickroll'd.

Well, my idea is gonna close soon..

(Thanks Raijin) Xbox Live-Frisky Marcus

Change my attempt, good intentions.
Should I? Could I?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 10:09 PM
Rodgort is currently offline Click here to Send Rodgort a Private Message Find more posts by Rodgort Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bamboopanda
The Forsaken

paladin
necromancer
barbarian
druid
assasin
sorcerer
amazon

i'm for it. it sounds great.
Originally posted by Backbone

Anyone?

it wasn't approved last time? well, i'm still in. i hope it opens this time.

Happy Halloween

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 11:54 PM
bamboopanda is currently offline Click here to Send bamboopanda a Private Message Find more posts by bamboopanda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Red

paladin
necromancer
barbarian
druid
assasin
sorcerer
amazon
I call the nacromencer. I have the complete study guide to the game so I know how it works.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 12:57 AM
The Red is currently offline Click here to Send The Red a Private Message Find more posts by The Red Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Green_Demon
God of Awesome

Super Smash Brothers Role Play

Many fictions of the SSBM game agree that the "Smashers" (those playable characters in the game) all reside in a mansion ran by Master Hand amd Crazy Hand (the final boss in the game) during the tournament. Now, the tournamnt is no longer limited to Nintendo but all games except MMORPGs. Crazy is the one who frocibly brings the Smasher to the mansion, against the Master's will.

The RP is not just about the tournament, (rarely anyway) but the Smashers just living together and Master Hand's frequent attempts to have them all murdered.

My FF.net account; Two Naruto fics, one DnD fic

"You are tragedy, I am comedy. We shall oppose. You will be dramtic, I will make fun," - Mr, slightly paraphrased.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 12:58 AM
Green_Demon is currently offline Click here to Send Green_Demon a Private Message Find more posts by Green_Demon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Red

Originally posted by Green_Demon

Many fictions of the SSBM game agree that the "Smashers" (those playable characters in the game) all reside in a mansion ran by Master Hand amd Crazy Hand (the final boss in the game) during the tournament. Now, the tournamnt is no longer limited to Nintendo but all games except MMORPGs. Crazy is the one who frocibly brings the Smasher to the mansion, against the Master's will.

The RP is not just about the tournament, (rarely anyway) but the Smashers just living together and Master Hand's frequent attempts to have them all murdered.
sounds interesting more of an explaination and I'll go for it.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 01:00 AM
The Red is currently offline Click here to Send The Red a Private Message Find more posts by The Red Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bamboopanda
The Forsaken

Raven_959 would like to make a New Ruroni Kenshin rpg

Originally posted by Raven_959
Himura Kenshin
aka "Hitokiri Battosai"
Before the end of the Tokugawa period, Kenshin was a killer for the government. He disappeared during the final battle that led to the downfall of the Tokugawa Shogunate. After the Meiji Restoration in 1868, he saw the error of his ways and wandered Japan as a ronin (masterless samurai) for ten years. Upon meeting Kaoru, his life changes and he begins to settle down and begin to care about people once again.
His school of fighting is the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu, which specializes in quick sword strikes that kill instantly. He was given the name "Battosai," which means "master of sheathing a sword," because his attacks were so fast. However, at the end of the Meiji Restoration, Kenshin renounces killing and uses only a sakabatou (reversed-blade sword). He now uses his sword to protect rather than kill.

Kamiya Kaoru
Since her father was killed in the war, responsibility for running the family doujo fell to young Kaoru. She is the one who first identifies Kenshin as Hitokiri Battosai and challenges him to a fight. Her pure heart and gentleness touch Kenshin and he accepts her offer to stay at the doujo. As the story progresses, their relationship continues to grow, and Kaoru seems to be harboring feelings for Kenshin. Feelings that she won't openly admit, however. And when she gets angry, Kenshin usually bears the brunt of her rage.

Myojin Yahiko
Son of a samurai, Yahiko fancies himself a samurai as well. He is a little young to truly fit the bill, but his heart is in the right place. And after being rescued by Kenshin from the thieves guild, he finds a home at the Kamiya doujo. Kaoru begins schooling him in her family's fighting techniques. Thus, Yahiko joins his surrogate family at the doujo. In this environment, he resolves to become as great a fighter as he can be. He idolizes Kenshin and wants to become as strong as he is so he can protect the ones he loves.

Sagara Sanosuke
When he was young, Sanosuke was a junior member of the Sekihora squad. When the squad was betrayed by the Meiji government, he saw its leader and his idol, Sagara Souzo, beheaded. As a result, Sanosuke hates the Meiji government. To honor his fallen idol, he took the surname of Sagara. He wears the chinese character for "evil" on his back. He is incredibly strong and uses a very large sword to defeat his enemies. It took defeat at the hands of Kenshin to make him realize that he was going about things the wrong way, and he too joined the others at the Kamiya doujo.

Takani Megumi
The daughter of a renowned doctor, she is the only surviving member of her family. The doctor she was working for in Tokyo was helping another to distill opium. When this doctor was killed, Megumi was forced to help in the manufacture of the opium. When she met Kenshin and Sanosuke, she managed to break free of the terrible life she was forced to lead. When she was freed, she became the local doctor for the area around the doujo. Her medical skills are exceptional and she often finds herself dressing wounds that the others sustain in battle. She is attracted to Kenshin.

Saito Hajime
Saito is based on an actual historical figure. Saito was a member of the Shinsengumi, but after the Meiji Restoration, he joined the police force. His motto is "Kill whoever is evil," which is why he joined the police. He and Kenji have had past encounters and although Saito considers Kenshin an enemy, he forms an alliance with him later on in the series to defeat a greater evil.

Shinomori Aoshi
The head of the Oniwabanshuu (Ninjas), Aoshi becomes consumed with revenge against Kenshin. When they first fought, Kenshin defeated him; Aoshi wants a rematch to reclaim honor for the Oniwabanshuu. He becomes so obsessed with defeating Kenshin that he even betrays his fellow ninjas and allies himself with Shishio.

Machimaki Misao
A young ninja Kenshin meets en route to Kyoto, Misao is a rather headstrong girl. At first she journeys with Kenshin rather reluctantly, but when she is betrayed by Aoshi, she joins his cause. She is the granddaughter of the former head of the ninja clan.

Shishio Makoto
Shishio succeeded Kenshin as "Hitokiri," and his methods were much more aggressive. He became embroiled in so many dirty dealings in fact that the Meiji Government ordered him killed, because what he knew could destroy the new government. Despite being wounded and set afire, Shishio survived. Now enraged, Shishio seeks to claim power for himself and the destruction of the Meiji Government for its betrayal. His goals is power absolute; he does not care who or what gets in his way.

if you would like to play a made-up character, post the description of the character in this thread.

Happy Halloween

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 01:01 AM
bamboopanda is currently offline Click here to Send bamboopanda a Private Message Find more posts by bamboopanda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

ill join kenshin yes

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 01:01 AM
Cherrywild is currently offline Click here to Send Cherrywild a Private Message Find more posts by Cherrywild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Green_Demon
God of Awesome

You will start the game in your respective universe until Crazy Hand (myself) appears to offer you a chance to partake in a friendly tournament. The prize will be the fact you got to prove you are the best interdimensional hero or villain. I will also play Master Hand along with two of my favorite game characters. Megaman and Protoman, despite never have playing their games. And if no one plays Samus either, I'll play her too.

You will live in the mansion, sometimes going places where Master Hand hopes you die a painful horrible death or partaking in the tournament where Crazy Hand will pair you up.

"You are tragedy, I am comedy. We shall oppose. You will be dramtic, I will make fun," - Mr, slightly paraphrased.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 01:18 AM
Green_Demon is currently offline Click here to Send Green_Demon a Private Message Find more posts by Green_Demon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Green_Demon
God of Awesome

Actually This doesn't belong here, I just figured out that this would be a hosted game since I controlled the 2 all-powerful characters.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 01:40 AM
Thunder Fox
F.M.L

You will start the game in your respective universe until Crazy Hand (myself) appears to offer you a chance to partake in a friendly tournament. The prize will be the fact you got to prove you are the best interdimensional hero or villain. I will also play Master Hand along with two of my favorite game characters. Megaman and Protoman, despite never have playing their games. And if no one plays Samus either, I'll play her too.

You will live in the mansion, sometimes going places where Master Hand hopes you die a painful horrible death or partaking in the tournament where Crazy Hand will pair you up.
i'll joinn on if i can be samus aran

Merc with a Mouth, the Crimson Nutcase

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 02:35 AM
Thunder Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Thunder Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Thunder Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Honda_Tadakatsu
Second Coming of Jesus...

I'm up for Kenshin, if i can make my own character, and SSMB sounds okay.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 02:45 AM
Honda_Tadakatsu is currently offline Click here to Send Honda_Tadakatsu a Private Message Find more posts by Honda_Tadakatsu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Green_Demon
God of Awesome

No. Game character only. Ifg Kenshin was in a game, then yes. Now, I decided in this forum anyway, now I just need permission.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 03:10 AM
Thunder Fox
F.M.L

so can i be samus then

Merc with a Mouth, the Crimson Nutcase

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 03:12 AM
Thunder Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Thunder Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Thunder Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

i'll join

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 03:42 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Green_Demon
God of Awesome

Originally posted by GGgrievous725
i'll join

Thankyou, now for permission.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 04:03 AM