KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » "Tom Yum Goong" starring Tony Jaa

"Tom Yum Goong" starring Tony Jaa
Started by: Big_Daddy2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Big_Daddy2
Hidden Leaf Ninja

"Tom Yum Goong" starring Tony Jaa

This movie looks insane! Tony Jaa the main lead in "Ong Bak: Thai Warrior" stars in this all new movie, bringging his Muay Thai back to the big screen. No CGI, No Wires, No Stunt Doubles, Twice The Pain, It's all Jaa baby.

The Story:
TOM-YUM-GOONG is the story of a young man named Kham (Tony Jaa) whose life is turned upside down when an international mafia syndicate, based in Australia , captures his two beloved elephants and smuggles them thousands of kilometers away to Sydney . The two elephants are far more than mere animals to Kham and his father. They are part of his family and were being prepared to be presented as a token of devotion to his Majesty the King of Thailand. The only way Kham can possibly save the animals is by venturing into a foreign land for the first time.

Taking on a mafia group to rescue two elephants from a foreign country presents a huge challenge, even for a martial arts master like Kham. Despite the help of Sergeant Mark (Petchthai Wongkamlao), a Thai police Sergeant based in Australia , and Pla (Bongkuch Kongmalai), a Thai girl forced into modern day slavery, the going gets tough. They must take on the ruthless gang of Madame Rose (Jing Xing), whose henchmen include Johnny (Johnny Nguyen), a Vietnamese thief and martial arts expert, and the hulking TK (Nathan Jones).

Kham has no choice but to risk his own life for the animals he loves…

Official Tom Yum Goong Site!

Check out the "Tom Yum Goong" Trailer!!!

(please log in to view the image)

Surprised no ones made a thread for this. Anyone else freakin' psyched to see this? So far there is no release date for this, but it is slated to come out some time this year, one would hope anyway. Also, the trailer is not subtitled, but you get the seriousness of it anyways lol

"Below courage there's nothing"
"I will never let my comrades die"

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 03:38 PM
Big_Daddy2 is currently offline Click here to Send Big_Daddy2 a Private Message Find more posts by Big_Daddy2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, been looking forwards to it for donkeys, people have mentioned it in the Ong Bak topic I think.

We are getting it 24th March here in the UK. America just bought the release rights, so don't know when a date will be mentioned.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 04:50 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fanboy

I hope they don't use the same tricks they did from the last film and have more realistic fight scenes making it look like he actually gets hurt when someone kicks him in the head and hopefully he will be a better actor in this one.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 10:46 PM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big_Daddy2
Hidden Leaf Ninja

The intensity factor definitely looks elevated from the last Jaa film. As for the realism of Jaa's fights, well...dunno what to say, the fight sequences I think may be choreographed to have a more edgier appeal to them, meaning less realism then one would hope. I'm only saying this because I think to surpass Ong Bak, the brawls are going to have to be grittier and edgier. Won't look like your everday jo schmo will be able to pull it off lol.

Of course...in the end, I think i'll remember this film for it's intense fights, more then it's story lmao.

"Below courage there's nothing"
"I will never let my comrades die"

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 04:31 PM
Big_Daddy2 is currently offline Click here to Send Big_Daddy2 a Private Message Find more posts by Big_Daddy2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote