KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Turtles Action Figures and merchandise

Turtles Action Figures and merchandise
Started by: Red Superfly

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Turtles Action Figures and merchandise

I'm so glad I was a kid in the Ninja Turtle craze of the eighties/nineties.

Remeber these? Like I posted elsewhere, my first ever proper action figure was one of Leonardo.

It was in the summer just before the Christmas where all hell broke loose (the Christmas where you couldn't find Turtles figures ANYWHERE!).

I had Leonardo first. He was my fave turtle by a mile. Then, the following Christmas, I got the other three, along with April. I can still remember opening the box and being the happiest kid ever. I got a huge snooker table that year too. Must've been 5 or 6 at the time. Ah, the memories.

lol one of my friends had a Rat King figure and traded it for a Foot Soldier. A common, crappy Foot Soldier. It's the RAT KING we're talkin about here!

And, one thing that is very odd - why were the action figures skins colourred differently? I remember Leo being a dark bottle green. Mikey was a sickly shade of pure green. Raph was a light shade of green (like the toon colour) and Donny was BROWN!

I assumed it was based off the comics, and I always thought they looked way better with different skin colours.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 04:49 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

My brother and I owned every single character until most of the turtle toys just became Barbie dolls . By this I mean they stopped making new characters and all you could by for a while was the same 4 turtles in different outfits. Ex: Samurai Turtles, Turtles in Space, etc.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 08:22 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Yeah that was so annoying.

Why do toy companies think kids want to buy the turtles over and over? They do it with everything. The Spider-Man action figures are STILL doing this crap. And it looks like the new Ninja Turtle toys are doing the exact same thing.

Bebop and Rocksteady were hard to get hold of - why? They were main characters!!! WTF!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 10:23 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

I had 3 sets of the turtles and only one Splinter, April and Venus

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 01:13 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I had that pizza shooter, that was the coolest toy ever.

I recently bought leonardo...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 02:00 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote