KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » The Third Annual Tig Party!!!!

The Third Annual Tig Party!!!!
Started by: Elessea

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (812): « First ... « 810 811 [812]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

Discos congratulations! I heard about the tv show and that’s why i just had to check in with tig party lol

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 12:52 AM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Okay, what the f#ck is a Tig party? I've been wondering this for a long time..

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 10:36 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azsz_pockets

Cool Long time not see

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Okay, what the f#ck is a Tig party? I've been wondering this for a long time..

The tig party is historically based on a little know bts joke from the lord of the ring commentary (if you bought the 4-dics special addition for each movie, though I believe this comment is on the first movies disc) where billy boyd and dominic monaghan made up a game to entertain themselves in between filming. See Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan had convince Sean Austin (who was descent at the game) and Elijah Wood (who was bad at the game). That Tig was a real game, like tag... for if you tig a tog then you have to tag the next person, or (if to slow or you forgot your part) spin around like a chicken three time ( or some such ridiculous thing) Seriously, lots of fun at Elijah Woods behalf.

No, I am not lying, that is the joke (watch the LOTR four-disc special extended edition commentary from the actors not the director...movie #1-fellowship, I'm pretty sure). So as an early 2000's message board we took that joke and ran with it smile like the best of the early internets did... That is the Third Annual Tig Party! Where we gather to dare people to tig after a tog and then tag, tig, tig tog, before the next person must do the same and add more. And I am glad to be back!!

Don't know who remembers me (yes I will start the same way again) but this is AZSZHZ (cant pronounce the name) and **** have i missed you guys! Where the **** is A.D and Aurora and Exabyte and Smodden and Disco and Trickster (that ****er) and eezy45 and Orlando and Muse and omg have I missed you guys. just read threw so many post now long dead and 812 pages of tig party, for nostalgia alone, just to catch up and feel like I can post. Wow, how time ****ing flies... just wanna say after all these years.... did you know... I really was 10 when I first joined and now that I'm 30 and into my nostalgia.... I just wanted to thank you guys for taking care of this socially anxious 10 year old kid while i was hiding on the interwebs from the world.... I mean, shit if you're still there and see this... if you remember me AZSZHZ... I miss you, how the **** have you been? God, I hope you had the best because you deserve it. Damn AZSZHZ (that me) misses you amazing people.)

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 12:05 PM
Azsz_pockets is currently offline Click here to Send Azsz_pockets a Private Message Find more posts by Azsz_pockets Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

Hello again guys nearly 2 years since my last "How ya doing"

got married August 2018, moved into a house etc doing the full adult life now. Still watch LotR religiously and looking forward to the TV Show. Hopefully it creates a spark and gets this forum talking again

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2019 01:40 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

*Enters thread*

*Notices thread isn't about a party celebrating the character of Tig from Sons of Anarchy*

F*ck you guys.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2019 10:01 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Loved Tigger

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Jul 18th, 2019 11:50 PM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azsz_pockets

Congrats on the wedding Disco!! That's great news! Good to hear from you. I too got married and had two kids, life became busy.

As far as a New party... Lotr and Anarchy seem to be old news.... surely there is something more. To quote Dr. Seuss "Was there nothing to look at... no people to greet? Did nothing excite you or make your heart beat?"

Any new shows actually worth watching??

Old Post Sep 18th, 2019 10:28 PM
Azsz_pockets is currently offline Click here to Send Azsz_pockets a Private Message Find more posts by Azsz_pockets Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Tig.

Old Post May 20th, 2020 10:35 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

Cannot believe the last post on here was over 3 years ago, haha crazy!

I seen one of my last comments was getting married - now just last year in October me and my wife welcomed our daughter to the world, Amelia love

Hope all the regular crew from 20 years ago are still all good and healthy, I still re-watch LOTR Extended Editions once per year, Rings of Power recharged my inrerest in the books as well so had a good read of the Silmirillion and unfinished tales - still such awesome lores to read

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2023 07:15 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eezy45
Winter is coming

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Discos
I seen one of my last comments was getting married - now just last year in October me and my wife welcomed our daughter to the world, Amelia love

Hope all the regular crew from 20 years ago are still all good and healthy, I still re-watch LOTR Extended Editions once per year, Rings of Power recharged my inrerest in the books as well so had a good read of the Silmirillion and unfinished tales - still such awesome lores to read

Man, congratulations to you and your little family! You love to hear it!
It has been such an incredibly long time. I hope you're doing well yourself. Life has been pretty good for me these past few years especially after moving to another city.
(A fun little secret: I think I may have been working in a building the same day where Exa visited for an event once - but I only found out like a full year later, and we're no longer in contact, so I didn't let her in on that big grin)

I enjoyed Rings of Power myself. It made a few, um, controversial decisions but overall I think it's pretty neat to explore the earlier ages in visual form. Can't be any worse than the Hobbit movies, can it!

Kinda sad to see custom smilies have disappeared. I was going to respond with :discos:

Last edited by eezy45 on Aug 10th, 2023 at 10:49 PM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2023 10:46 PM
eezy45 is currently offline Click here to Send eezy45 a Private Message Find more posts by eezy45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote