KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » If BATMAN FOREVER Was Directed By Tim Burton As The Final BATMAN Movie

If BATMAN FOREVER Was Directed By Tim Burton As The Final BATMAN Movie
Started by: sevenman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mainstream
lighting the way

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinzin
laughing out loud I love that smilie mainstream.....you just won't let it go huh? hahahaha...how's it going man?

good I'm chillin like victor Freeze

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 07:24 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil pimp

Originally posted by lil pimp
I can undestand you not likeing the 60's version but you got to respect it, it was the first ,and that was really how batman is supposed to be, all the dark stuff in batman is new he really is supposed to be just little bit meaner then superman. Also keaton looked retarted with the cowl on, it looked like he had no chin ! rolling on floor laughing

this just goes to show how little you know about batman at his core....

the original batman came out in the forties he had a gun and he KILLED people...he was very dark and very different from the bats you know today...the hero he was based on was even darker and almost a kind of villain...I don't have to respect the 60's version because it was and IS a travesty to what batman is and is supposed to represent.....FEAR...DARKNESS...THE BAT-freakin-MAN!...not some micheal jackson wannabe.

keaten looked great with the cowl on....clooney looked like a clown...a pretty clown..but a clwon none the less..

Sorry i didn't know, i can admit when im wrong, you won't happen to know if they still sell those comics would you?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 07:25 PM
lil pimp is currently offline Click here to Send lil pimp a Private Message Find more posts by lil pimp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

EVERY-BODY FREEZE!

lol @ arnie...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 07:25 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

this just goes to show how little you know about batman at his core....

the original batman came out in the forties he had a gun and he KILLED people...he was very dark and very different from the bats you know today...the hero he was based on was even darker and almost a kind of villain...I don't have to respect the 60's version because it was and IS a travesty to what batman is and is supposed to represent.....FEAR...DARKNESS...THE BAT-freakin-MAN!...not some micheal jackson wannabe.

keaten looked great with the cowl on....clooney looked like a clown...a pretty clown..but a clwon none the less..

Sorry i didn't know, i can admit when im wrong, you won't happen to know if they still sell those comics would you? [/B][/QUOTE]

it's all good....they have some of his older stuff in book stores in the graphic novel sections...that's your best bet...unless you have thousands upon thousands of dollars to blow on the originals...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 07:26 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Don't they have the big DC Archives (Hardcover books) ......or is that not the beginning?

Last edited by Bardock42 on Aug 23rd, 2005 at 08:37 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 08:35 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

I'm not sure what' you're reffering to...it could be...usually when somethings in graphic novel form it will come out in several variations...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 07:21 AM
Kieralinn

I think Burton would have done a fabulous job and it would have been great to have Keaton return for it...which he would have! I remember they were talking about Robin Williams as the Riddler before the studio wanted to go lighter with the film and Burton backed out..then Keaton followed.

The comics always were dark..except for the stuff in the 50's and sixties...then came the good stuff of the 70's through what we have now. The 70'2 finally brought back the darkness and adult stuff. TG! i love how adult the comics are now! That kiddie stuff just sucked.

Here's an old Bats page..how does this resemble anything for the 60's tv show?....That show was basically done as a send up like Airplane and Scary Movie...in that kind of vain. It was meant to be a joke on comics..not a serious Batman show.

Attachment: married.jpg
This has been downloaded 90 time(s).

Last edited by Kieralinn on Aug 24th, 2005 at 07:48 AM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 07:44 AM
Kieralinn is currently offline Click here to Send Kieralinn a Private Message Find more posts by Kieralinn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kieralinn

I can undestand you not likeing the 60's version but you got to respect it, it was the first ,and that was really how batman is supposed to be, all the dark stuff in batman is new he really is supposed to be just little bit meaner then superman. Also keaton looked retarted with the cowl on, it looked like he had no chin ! rolling on floor laughing

The 60's Batman wasn't the first......there were the 40's serials that came first, where Batman used a gun and the like. The costume is kind of dorky..but hey..it was the 40's! wink

Attachment: lewis%2bwilson2.jpeg
This has been downloaded 83 time(s).

Last edited by Kieralinn on Aug 24th, 2005 at 08:06 AM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 08:03 AM
Kieralinn is currently offline Click here to Send Kieralinn a Private Message Find more posts by Kieralinn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil pimp

Damn i seen that before i must of forgot all about it!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 03:29 PM
lil pimp is currently offline Click here to Send lil pimp a Private Message Find more posts by lil pimp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Damn i seen that before i must of forgot all about it!

it happens.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 04:56 PM
bakerboy

If Burton would direct batman forever it would be as bad as it is directed by Schumacher. The batman franchise was dead since the first movie, casting the short, unmuscular, almost bald, unnatractive and bad figher michael keaton for the role of batman and bruce wayne. I cant believe in a movie with a 5'7 or 5'8 guy with a wig trying to be a play boy. Plus, his strange behaving as bruce, forgeting the places in his own houses or being a bubling idiot with women was totally stupid. Same with batman returns. Plus, not origin, not enought development in batman character, the villains being the main characters, a stupid and retarded freak penguin, the total waste of gordon, etc. Batman forever and batman and robin were pretty bad too, but at least, kilmer looked more as bruce wayne than keaton and clooney. But at least, Nolan did a great job casting Christan Bale, who not only looks the part, he plays the part very well and is a great actor. Batman begins is a great movie, the other four movies were crap.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 08:45 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I'm not sure what' you're reffering to...it could be...usually when somethings in graphic novel form it will come out in several variations...
I a refering to this

As for the Villains being the main characters in Returns and 89...sure...but they still were goo movies.,...not allöl that exact but at least good while Batman and Robin sucked...I can't really place Forever...I don't hate it....don't love it either though......

Oh here's a pic of the Archives:

Attachment: batman archives i.jpg
This has been downloaded 50 time(s).

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 08:58 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

He didn't forget the places in his house. He was just trying to make Vicki feel more comfortable by making her laugh(though Batman doesn't have a sense of humor, he didn't go over the top like in B&R and Forever though)

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 09:18 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Man , you are wrong. See batman returns, he forget the bat cave entry. See his conversations with viky or with seline, he looks a total goofy idiot in those scenes. I dont know, but keaton and burtond did of bruce wayne some kind of abstedminded and goofy fool, insecure with women. What is the opposite of the character.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 09:25 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

whao..I forgot about that...good call...

actually thats a laughable and poor excuse from him he always comes up with.The batman from the comics and the batman from batman begins could have easily beat that guy blindfolded.its not like he broke two legs or anything like that.this is a martail arts expert,who was hardly seriously injured from that fall,that was inexcusable on burton and the screenwriters part. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 10:18 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sevenman

BATMAN RETURNS ROCKS!

Originally posted by peejay88
Michael Keaton would have also been in Batman Forever if Burton did it, becuase the film wouldn't have been to light for his tastes, i think this would have helped with continuity and empathy with Bruce/Batman. ARGH, It could have been really good

Yeah, man.

Originally posted by Mr Parker
Actually it would have sucked even worse than it did suck if he directed it.That idiot Burton would have had batman getting the crap beat out of him by Two Faces goons making him a wuss like he did in the first batman film and if he could not have cast keaton who was the worst casting choice in comicbook history,he would have gone and cast someone else like keaton who also was physically wrong for the role of bruce wayne.Thank god schumacher came along because batman forever of the four films made before begins was the only halfway decent batman movie made of the four even though it sucked as well.
Micheal Keaton would have done it if Tim Burton did it so they would not have casted another actor. Val Kilmer gave a wooden portrayal as Bruce Wayne unlike Micheal Keaton who was a very unlikely casting choice but ended up being the best Batman of all. If you have a beef with it my only conclusion is that you existed some time before the movie came out and was a big fan of the comics and was pissed off that Micheal Keaton was casted that Batman and either did not see or did not like, somehow, the dark teaser they released to covince fans of the dark kight that Batman was going to be portrayed well way back in 1988. Micheal Keaton was a good Batman. Get over it. Now Val Kilmer, in the movie you liked was a wooden sex clown in black leather that Joel Schumacher hired because he was "Younger" and looked "Sexy". I hear girls saying all the time "I LOVE BAMTAN FOREVER" and I'm like "Why" and they like "I DONT KNOW BUT I DID". I am not into bat nipples I am into a good or at least a consistant trilogy. George Clooney sucked the most out of every Batman in the world but it is not his fault.

Originally posted by Bardock42
You are kidding right...I mean sure thing you can hate the first two movies all you like but "keaton who was the worst casting choice in comicbook history" is just a plain stupid thing to say.....everyone that has seen Batman and Robin can name roughly four more that were worse than Keaton......
Agreed, Bardock42. Val Kilmer and George Clooney were far worse choices. Just stick with Micheal Keaton and Tim Burton. The REAL dynamic duo.

Originally posted by Bat Dude
Mr. Parker, do you ever shut up? It's always the same arguement with you. And even though it has been a pleasure to debate with you and your Spider-Man movie hating friend, now it is getting stupid. No one likes Forever except a few, and nobody will take you seriously on this forum if you say, "Keaton was the worst casting choice in comic movie history." because quiet frankly, it's not true at all.
I concur.

Michael Keaton was a wack batman . Thank god for val kilmor !

And why is everyone dicen Batman 3 and 4 both movies were mostly made for kids and I bet whoever saw it at a young age liked it and if tim berton were to do it he would of forgot about robin again , and like batman but i rather see both batman and robin together Like the oldschool episodes in the 70's!
Then watch the Batman of the 1970's and leave it out of a trilogy-that-never-was. That is what fans feared the most but Tim Burton was their savior. Well the REAL savior was Frank Miller. But still.

Well said Pimp. thumb up A lot of people like batdude just cant comprehend it though that Keaton was a wack and Kilmer was a much better choice for the role.They just dont get it that if an actor doesnt even come close to fitting the role which keaton did not,they bring no crediblity to the part.Yeah thank god for Schumacher,if Burton had done forever,we would never have had Robin who is an important part of the history of Batman.Thats like Abbot and costello without costello or The Lone Ranger without Tonto.Not saying that Robin has to be in every Batman movie,but he should at least eventually come on in a sequel and had burton directed forever,we never would have had Robin in a sequel and like I said,Burton would have had batman be a wuss and get the crap beat out of him by those goons of two faces and we never would have seen his martial arts skills he possesses like he demonstrated in forever and Burton would have cast an actor who would have again been short,half bald,and out of shape.so thank god for shumacher in the fact that forever was much more loyal to the comicbook than burtons were and not near as bad a film as burtons batman movies were.Batman and Robin however is a different story though.THAT film WAS as bad as Burtons batman movies were.Clooney was as bad a choice for that role as keaton was as well.
You can not change the actor in the trilogy or it is sloppy and the movies do not feel like they are linked together. Micheal Keaton is able to fit any role from comedy to the darkest of knights and he proved that in Batman and Batman Returns. Joel Schumacher was sent by Satan to **** everything up and he succeeded. Robin is the start of a long line of ad ons that do not really matter. The original purpose of the first Batman film was to go back to the dark roots of Batman and that is how it should have ended if Tim Burton directed Batman Forever. With no Robin just like you said. The way it should have been. If Robin is going to be with Batman he has to be there from the start and be a consistant character from there on out to the final shot in the trilogy. If he is not in the first one do not bother putting him in the second one and you should DEFINITELY not put him in the third since it is far too late by then. How do you know he would make Batman a wuss? You do not have a time machine to go back to the past and alter the events of the space time continuum to see if Tim Burton would have done a better job directing Batman Forever. Batman KILLED in the first Batman movies and he was ****ing awesome. Tim Burton would have went all out with Batman Forever if the Joel Schumacher plague did not come and wreck everything. Batman fought right out in the open dramatically in Batman Forever and people were CHEERING for him when he is supposed to be at odds with society and the police except for commissioner Gordon in some flashy fakeout hollywood neon fight as opposed to the far superior and mythological fights he would use in secret and to save a city of peoples that have fallen into total chaos in times of emergency. Micheal Keaton is not short, half bald, or out of shape. George Clooney sucks but my mommy likes him (**** you). I do not know who the **** Abbot and Costello is but The Lone Ranger had his own movie without Tonto and he did damned good, too. Batman would have too if there was no Robin, no bat bimbo, no, Joel Schumacher. Just Micheal Keaton and Tim Burton. ****ing awesome.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 05:07 PM
sevenman is currently offline Click here to Send sevenman a Private Message Find more posts by sevenman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sevenman

The movie would have sucked far worse with Burton directing it and no Robin. roll eyes (sarcastic) Well I take that back,Chris O'donnel was just as horrible a choice for Robin as Keaton was for batman in the fact like Keaton,he did not fit the role either since he was wayyy too old for the part and a horrible actor as well.anybody would have been a better robin than o'donnel was so a batman movie without o'donnel as robin is better than a batman movie WITH o'donnel as robin anyday of the year.
btw,while you are talking about a bad brainless character with bad acting,dont forget to mention Danny Devito as well,he clearly belongs in that group.His acting which is normally great in all his other movies,was just horrible in this movie.Hopefully Nolan will make a sequel with Penguin in it and do Penguins character justice.
I never wanted there to be a Batman & Robin, *******. Micheal Keaton was old and experienced with alot of training just like the real Batman unlike that ****head Val Kilmer. Danny Devito was a great actor as the Penguin and very new and convincing in the movie. Nerds get mad when people **** with the Penguins character and hate the Penguins character because it ****ing sucks. Tim Burton did something different like he did with the Joker and everyone accepted it. So you're saying...you would rather have a movie with a braindead actor as opposed to be willing to sacrifice a scene for the integrity of the overall movie? Good thing Tim Burton directed the first two films and not you.

Originally posted by tpaquin
As usual, i agree with Parker.

I think that Burton would have taken Two Face and made him more zany, which would have taken him further from his roots of tragedy.

Let's face it. Tim Burton is a half-baked Stanley Kubrick, anyways, minus any shred of subtelty.

Kubrick's Two-face would have been correct. Kubrick's movie, however, would be four hours long, include a rape scene, and be completely incomprehensible.
Either way you are a *****. You are bitching about either way. Tim Burton was able to focus on the tradegdy of The Penguin and he would be able to do the same for Two Face and/or Scarecrow. The Riddler seems to belong in the 1966 Batman TV show the more I think about it.

Originally posted by NoFate007
See I think Burton rooted his characters to the ground for the most part. Selina Kyle was a great, great portrayal of the character. Penguin was different, but I think it was done really innovative and good. Not the "its new so its good" stuff, I think it actually worked. His jokes are always lame in his movies, but I think if he were to do the film, he'd have Two-Face be the Catwoman - very realistic, and Riddler be the Penguin, where its just a tad over the top in some aspects. Plus, O'Donnell wouldn't have been casted, I'm pretty positive on that one. He was a horrible Robin, which disgraced the character almost as bad as that 60s tv show which gave him the reputation of being homosexual.
Yo, I liked Burt Ward. He enjoyed the role just as much as Adam West. They are going to be called homosexual either way. It is the nature of man to acuse two men who spend alot of time together a gay butt ****er. That's life. I will never hear in my life "This is good and new in something old". So I am not surprised some dorks were arguing over The Penguin's new origin. It is like the Joker and Catwoman but it is still cool. None of Tim Burton's characters were over the top. They were subtle when they needed to be and dramatic at the climax. I felt so sorry for The Penguin when I saw him die for the first time when I was two, I still can recall.

Burton would have given everyone a great movie, but sadly, dumb ass Schumacher came and killed Batman. The weapons of use, neon, butt shots, nipples, and Joker wanna be villians.(even Mr. Freeze was acting this way in B&R!) Why do you like Forever, it wasn't close to the comics at all! Two-Face kept flipping his coin to get the answer HE wanted! Two-Face doesn't do that! And Riddler wasn't Riddler at all! Same goes for Two-Face. And Kilmer couldn't act his way out of a paper bag! He sucked! And don't get me started on O' Donnell. At LEAST Alfred's character was quite decent. And Commishiner Gordan was ok.
THEY WAS THERE LONGER THAN THE BATMANS WAS!

Batman forever is true to the original comics and all that neon sh*t you don't like i love only Schumacher didn't want to make his ghetto's to look like all the rest he wanted to make Gotham city a sico frenzy plus I know every body want a dark and serious batman even i do sometimes but not all the damn time I liked the humor in batman and robin especially when batman took out his visa card in one of the parts,and yo val kilmer can act and he looks better as a batman unlike that short half bald guy from the first two and as for the butt shots just ignore them. You got's to be crazy if you think the riddler was wack that was the best riddler i've seen so far.As for two-face he wasn't the meanbad-guy he was a sicotick man that could be laughing and getting drunk as hell then if you said something he didnt like your a$$ is shot and thats why i liked him!
Batman Forever is FAR off from the original comics and the first two are FAR closer to the original comics because they were dark. You say "He did not want to make them look like the rest". That is because movies were ripping off of the original Batman's Gotham City. It was the original not the rest. Psycho frezies do not exist in neon colors because Gotham City has something called a Police Force but there are some things they cannot handle and alot are corrupt and it is very complex but Joel Schumacher completely tossed this aside for two hours of stories nonsense as opposed to realism in a realistic enviornment like the Gotham City from the first two Batman films. Dark and serious was what the original trilogy was supposed to be. All the damn time. There is intellegent humor but if you spell "Psycho" as "Sico" you would not be able to spot it. They could have done a funny Batman series of movies but that has been done before and the fans did not want it. The Visa part killed, no, shattered the darkness that was once Batman. Even George Clooney regrets having done the part and says he was told he was doing an ice show as opposed to a dark, complex, and realistic movie. Jim Carey's The Ridler was an Ace Ventura wannabe and Frank Gorshin, rest in peace, was the best The Riddler there was or ever will be. You basically describe Two Face as some drunk guy. *****. EWW. Two Face is better than that. Micheal Keaton looks DAMN good! If you like Val Kilmer and his butt shots so much why don't you go **** him. I don't know who...you are...but **** you too.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 05:07 PM
sevenman is currently offline Click here to Send sevenman a Private Message Find more posts by sevenman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sevenman

dude batman forever is not true to the comics..you must be out of your mind....
Seriously. What in **** this wangsta talkin?

I don't really give a shit if it was or wasn't straight up i liked both scumachers movies actually you know what I even liked batman and robin more than batman begins, my little cousin fell asleep through BB and he's a batman fanatic If you don't like it to bad and who knows i probably am out of my mind. What Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow. Your little cousin must be ****ing retarded. The exact opposite happened with my nine year old brother Joey. He fell asleep in front of Batman & Robin when I was watching it on DVD to rant on the internet about how it sucked so bad and his eyes widened the whole way through Batman Begins on bootleg after we saw it in theaters.

laughing out loud

you liked batman and robin !

laughing out loud
LMAO HES RETARDED YO ROFL

Ive been reeding all the other threads about people saying they dont like this they dont like that batman had nipples they showed his a$$ please stop whining If you dont like BF or B&R dont watch it fools it's just a movie nobody's forcing you to watch it, I loved batman forever and i liked B&R and i still like watching both because i dont give a shit about the plot or Corney things i just like watching batman and robin instead of just batman and it also reminds me of back in the day when i was younger. and anybody that dont like it can kiss my Latin ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You the only one who is whining, little wigger. We are reviewing movies and your mind might not be able to comprehend this but the opprotunity for a feature Batman film comes once in a blue moon and we need to pay close attention to them and handle them with upmost care for we are true Batman fans.

Keaton looked like a little bich!!!!
Look who's talking.

Its not word for word true to the comics but it was much more loyal to the comicbook than Burtons Batman movies.After all,Batman isnt a half bald short wuss who cant even beat up one goon.
Did you even watch Batman? He ahinaliated all of The Jokers best men when they had a car chase with the Batmobile. In Batman returns he punched a guy in the face and then straped a bomb to his chest in five senconds and plunged him down a hole. Did you even...watch the first two movies? The first two Batman movies are the truest to the comic book besides Batman Begins. Batman Forever and Batman & Robin SUCK.

Dude I am glad that you agree with me that keaton was a horrible Batman because of how miscast he was in that role but your not helping me hear though credibility wise saying you liked batman and robin better than Batman Begins.stick with saying you liked batman forever better than Batman Begins because even though I still would not agree with you on that note,you would at least bring more credibility to your points since forever was the only halfway decent batman movie made of the burton and schumacher batman movies.
Batman Forever SUCKED. Batman was ****ING AWESOME and Batman Returns was twice as good.

I got you kid ,but you got to understand that when i was little i loved them two movies and whenever I watch them it reminds me of when i was younger that is really the reason i like B&R.
What i can't stand is somebody saying Keaton was the best batman like i said before he looked like a little bi*ch in the costume and didn't even look like he knew how to fight!!! smokin'
That is because Tim Burton wanted Bruce Wayne to look like a common man when Micheal Keaton as Batman would whup yo ass.

oh okay I see where your coming from.yeah batman 89 is a joke the way burton made him into such a wuss getting the crap beat out of him by one guy.that was a joke.Batman Begins showed his true character how he is capable of beating up dozens of people at one time.the real batman would have been able to beat that guy easily blindfolded.
Who the **** you talkin bout? The ****** at the end? He was hard because he was the thoughest of all of The Joker's men and he was also trying to make it like he was losing the fight on purpose so he could use his ninja powers of deception to make it seem like he won so when his guard was down the most he could throw him down the stairs of a hundred story building. Batman had control of the fight the whole time. I win the arguement.

depends on what comic book you're reading...the campy 60's version that gave batman and robin an "ambiguous" name in the frist place or MILLER'S stories that were n print at the time...given the books that were circulating at the time burton's is far more accurate than the ladder two.

batman also isn't supposed to look like he's hindu/mexican/whatever else clooney looks like.

keaton had the perfect scowl for batman when his mask was on...he just made a horrible bruce wayne....val kilmer was the exact opposite...he played a great bruce wayne pretty-playboy, but he lacked any of the dark elements that make up who batman is and looked horrible with the cowl on..clooney looked horribly out of place either way....and bale is perfect for both batman and bruce wayne (has the darkside thingdown), on top of that he even talks in a low growl as was described in the comics....AWESOME.
Micheal Keaton was a great Bruce Wayne. How the **** is he aint a good Bruce Wayne? Val Kilmer is a ****ed up Bruce Wayne and Batman. He plays a wooden Bruce Wayne and a horny depressed man dressed up like a bat.

Originally posted by pr1983
that is just dumb...

he had crashed his plane, his bloody plane... fit or not its a wonder he walked away from it...
I love that part.

Actually the Batman was very dark in the original 1939 through the 1940's comics. In the FIRST comic that Batman premired in May of 1939, Detective Comics #28, Batman watched a thug fall into a vat of acid and all he had to say as he looked upon the sight was in a dark growl "A fitting end for his kind..." You, like Joel Schumacher are just sad, strange, confused little men who do not understand this and are more accustomed to the campy, in-favor-of-superman Batman of the 1950's-1970's meanwhile Tim Burton was going with what Bob Kane started when he first created Batman with Bill Finger: A mysterious and adventruous figure fighting for rightousness and apprehending the wrong doer, in his lone battle against the evil forces of society...his identity remains unkown. This dismisses him fighting in public, having a computer doing everything for him, falling in love with Poison Ivy, having a Robin, or being equiped with a team of sex diseased bat bimbos. The only movies that stayed true the original comics are Batman 1989, Batman Returns, and Batman Begins. THAT'S IT.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 05:09 PM
sevenman

Originally posted by bakerboy
If Burton would direct batman forever it would be as bad as it is directed by Schumacher. The batman franchise was dead since the first movie, casting the short, unmuscular, almost bald, unnatractive and bad figher michael keaton for the role of batman and bruce wayne. I cant believe in a movie with a 5'7 or 5'8 guy with a wig trying to be a play boy. Plus, his strange behaving as bruce, forgeting the places in his own houses or being a bubling idiot with women was totally stupid. Same with batman returns. Plus, not origin, not enought development in batman character, the villains being the main characters, a stupid and retarded freak penguin, the total waste of gordon, etc. Batman forever and batman and robin were pretty bad too, but at least, kilmer looked more as bruce wayne than keaton and clooney. But at least, Nolan did a great job casting Christan Bale, who not only looks the part, he plays the part very well and is a great actor. Batman begins is a great movie, the other four movies were crap.
Old fart, what does he know....

He didn't forget the places in his house. He was just trying to make Vicki feel more comfortable by making her laugh(though Batman doesn't have a sense of humor, he didn't go over the top like in B&R and Forever though)
Batman and Bruce Wayne are two different people, buddy.

Originally posted by bakerboy
Man , you are wrong. See batman returns, he forget the bat cave entry. See his conversations with viky or with seline, he looks a total goofy idiot in those scenes. I dont know, but keaton and burtond did of bruce wayne some kind of abstedminded and goofy fool, insecure with women. What is the opposite of the character.
Wrong. In 1989 he forgot the cave entry but only because he was charming as a millionaire play boy even when he was not trying to be and so into a conversation with Vicki Vale that he walked in the wrong direction for a second. It is called "Humor" and it is another factor that made the 1989 Batman great. He never forgot it in Batman Returns! He still ****ed the girls in the end and that is the root definition of "Play boy", not acting like Johnny Bravo and not getting a feel of them love handles.

actually thats a laughable and poor excuse from him he always comes up with.The batman from the comics and the batman from batman begins could have easily beat that guy blindfolded.its not like he broke two legs or anything like that.this is a martail arts expert,who was hardly seriously injured from that fall,that was inexcusable on burton and the screenwriters part. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Mr Parker said an oxymoron. You are saying that he is a martail arts expert so he should be injured from the fall. So you are implying that he is not a martial arts expert because he was not injured by the fall. So that means he wasn't You are saying that it is Batman walking away from a jet crash is an excuse for being strong. Then you are saying he is weak for not breaking his legs in the plane. The Batman in the comics, The Batman from the 1989 movie, and The Batman from the 1989 comics are all the same Batman. They have all honored the title of Batman many times over. The screen writers did a briallnt job with Batman 1989 and Batman Returns. If you directed the 1989 Batman movie Batman would be stuck in a broken jet with broken legs. Way to go, Spielberg.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 05:10 PM
sevenman

Batman is not the series to go for if you want your bat nipples, neon lights, bat bimbos, ambiguously gay sidekicks, bat bimbos, neon lights, shit for brains directors, butt shots, credit cards that say "BATMAN FOREVER" on it, bad actors, wasted ****ing awesome characters, played out character reincarnations, popular teen female characters added to make things less gay, suits you cannot fight in, and giant naked statues. But you want to know what a natural is for that sort of thing? SUPERMAN AND SPIDERMAN! **** THEM UP, LEAVE BATMAN ALONE BITCHES!

I guess what I'm trying to say is.

LEAVE BATMAN ALONE.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 05:32 PM