KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Vh1 Top 100 Best Hard Rock Artists

Vh1 Top 100 Best Hard Rock Artists
Started by: Dr. Octagon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 10 11 [12]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Linkinpark200

Re: Vh1 Top 100 Best Hard Rock Artists

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Healing Artisan
what do you guyz think of VH1's list?

1. Led Zeppelin
2. Black Sabbath
3. Jimi Hendrix
4. AC/DC
5. Metallica
6. Nirvana
7. Van Halen
8. The Who
9. Guns N' Roses
10. KISS
11. Aerosmith
12. The Sex Pistols
13. Queen
14. Soundgarden
15. Pink Floyd
16. Cream
17. The Ramones
18. Ozzy Osbourne
19. The Clash
20. Alice Cooper
21. Pearl Jam
22. Deep Purple
23. Judas Priest
24. Iron Maiden
25. Cheap Trick
26. Motorhead
27. Iggy Pop/ The Stooges
28. Rush
29. Motley Crue
30. Red Hot Chili Peppers
31. Def Leppard
32. The Doors
33. Rage Against The Machine
34. Alice in Chains
35. Jane's Addiction
36. Frank Zappa
37. Yardbirds
38. MC5
39. Neil Young & Crazy Horse
40. Stone Temple Pilots
41. Ted Nugent
42. The Kinks
43. Nine Inch Nails
44. ZZ Top
45. Pantera
46. Scorpions
47. The Rollins Band/ Black Flag
48. Janis Joplin
49. Smashing Pumpkins
50. Slayer
51. Thin Lizzy
52. Faith No More
53. Korn
54. Sonic Youth
55. Blue Oyster Cult
56. White Zombie
57. Heart
58. Anthrax
59. Bad Company
60. The New York Dolls
61. Jethro Tull
62. Ministry
63. Boston
64. Steppenwolf
65. The Cult
66. Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
67. Rolling Stones
68. Husker Du
69. Megadeth
70. Living Colour
71. Lynyrd Skynyrd
72. Foo Fighters
73. Twisted Sister
74. Pat Benatar
75. Spinal Tap
76. Bon Jovi
77. Hole
78. Marilyn Manson
79. Ratt
80. Green Day
81. Pixies
82. Queensryche
83. King's X
84. UFO
85. Whitesnake
86. Foreigner
87. King Crimson
88. Tool
89. Lita Ford
90. Rainbow
91. Danzig
92. The Black Crowes
93. Lenny Kravitz
94. Yes
95. Fugazi
96. Meat Loaf
97. Primus
98. Mountain
99. Bad Brains
100. Quiet Riot

where the fk is saliva and disturbed

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 04:25 AM
Linkinpark200 is currently offline Click here to Send Linkinpark200 a Private Message Find more posts by Linkinpark200 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Demise
Your Demise

seriously, this list is fkd up!

Thanks to starlock for the sig. Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never brought a pen to a sword fight.-I AM YOUR DEMISE!!

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 06:42 AM
Darth Demise is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Demise a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Demise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

of course there are a lot of problems with this album. I'd think Deep Purple would be higher. And I wonder at the inclusion of The Doors who were never considered a particularly "hard rock" group.

Then again, it is a VH1 list, so we can't take it too seriously. Never get your panties in a bunch over a VH1 list.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 06:45 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Vh1 Top 100 Best Hard Rock Artists

Originally posted by Linkinpark200

Not on there, VH1 made a good choice.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 02:39 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

In my opinion, Zeppelin should be #2 and Sabbath should be #1.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 08:50 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Why are Metallica and Nirvana ahead of Van Halen, exactly?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 09:41 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by Impediment

Thats very, VERY debatable. But I do agree with you.

quote:
Why are Metallica and Nirvana ahead of Van Halen, exactly?

Metallica has a bit more popularity than Van Halen. However, even though I do not like Van Halen and I moderately like Nirvana, I do realize placing Nirvana ahead of Van Halen on a Hard Rock list is a sin.

Nirvana is a good band, but are easily one of the most overated groups I know of. They dont deserve to be even close to a top ten position. Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Pink Floyd, or even Queen(I hate Queen) deserve that position.

Also, I though that Megadeth had more popularity than Anthrax....how is it that Anthrax ended up higher than Megadeth? (I'm trying to be unbiased here, I actually like Anthrax more than Megadeth, but I was under the impression that Megadeth had much greater popularity.)

quote:

OMGLMFAOWTFROFLBBQ!!!!!! That made my day!

Last edited by Micheal_Myers on Feb 28th, 2008 at 03:53 PM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 03:50 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thesmiths

Green days is on here but not THe SMITHS...wtf mad

Old Post Sep 11th, 2010 09:46 PM
thesmiths is currently offline Click here to Send thesmiths a Private Message Find more posts by thesmiths Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Re: Vh1 Top 100 Best Hard Rock Artists

Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
13. Queen

13? They should be in at least the top ten. And I think Nirvana should be a little further down the list.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2010 09:35 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rockfreak25

Suck it up

Well I give alot of respect to what JKs, Alpha Centauri, and the other people who are explaining to you dumb people who don't accept what the outcome is. They're completely right......to an extent. Like they say whether certain music, or even any form of art, is good or not is all based on pretty much opinions. But there is somewhat of fact involved. Since whether music is good or not comes from opinions it's a fact that the bands that have the most fans are the best bands, despite how complex or simple their music is. This list was based on a vote and for instance Led Zeppelin had the most people who had the opinion that they were the best most talented band, there for they are the best most talented band whether an individual likes it or not. And it's all because they wrote their songs and hooked the most people into having the "opinion" that they were the best band, and like those people said it's all based on "opinion". Same thing with Black Sabbath, they had the second highest votes therefore they are the second best band and so on. And there is no legit argument that can prove me wrong so therefore what I told you is "fact". All forms of art are all within the human races mentality and opinions therefore the art that is liked by the most people is the best art. And if you say that you don't understand what I'm saying stop and think until you do cause you're either in denial or stupid if you never understand no matter how hard you try. So suck it up and accept that each band, whether you like it or not earned their exact place in this list. enough said

Last edited by rockfreak25 on Dec 17th, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2010 12:02 PM
rockfreak25 is currently offline Click here to Send rockfreak25 a Private Message Find more posts by rockfreak25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RandM 100

I disagree with this list, but I am making a list similar, but it will include more modern bands, I am making partly on music and partly on musical impact, bands like Slipknot, Three Days Grace, Seether, Disturbed are included and this list will be posted on randm100.blogspot.com.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 06:50 PM
RandM 100 is currently offline Click here to Send RandM 100 a Private Message Find more posts by RandM 100 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shokosugi
Restricted

Account Restricted

My Top 10

1) Black Sabbath
2) Led Zeppelin
3) Van Halen
4) Metallica
5) AC/DC
6) Guns & Roses
7) Queen
8) Nirvana
9) Hendrix
10) The Who

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 02:29 AM
shokosugi is currently offline Click here to Send shokosugi a Private Message Find more posts by shokosugi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Square Jaw
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thin Lizzy should be much higher!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 07:34 PM
Square Jaw is currently offline Click here to Send Square Jaw a Private Message Find more posts by Square Jaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thrashman88

Cool Pretty OK list

It's a pretty OK list. Sure, it's not over-the-top heavy, but I'd like to think that these artists helped shaped the sound of hard music as we know it, whether the artists themselves are considererd "hard" or "heavy". There are many bands in there that I personally don't like or haven't done much for me, but that doesn't take away the influence they had on bands that I DO like.

For instance, I've always thought Aerosmith were lame, but it inspired James Hetfield from Metallica, so something good came out of them. I was glad to see "underdogs" like Hüsker Dü, who a moron here put a question mark by their side. If it weren't for them, most of the melodic hardcore/grunge/alternative scene of the early 90's would NOT have happened. Same goes to Cheap Trick, that some many dickheads associate with syrupy ballads and sing-a-long rockers. I've heard much heavier shit from them than, let's say, Aerosmith or even Motley Crue. Just because they don't wear spikes and you don't know their catalog doesn't mean they DON'T ROCK!

Who wouldn't like to see their fave metal or hard rock band at the pinnacle of this list. It'd be nice, but it'd be also unrealistic. I've heard this list was compiled by musicians themselves, praising their peers, not by some clueless rock critic.

In the end, you guys can make up your own lists and mention the bands that inspired YOU!

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 03:33 AM
thrashman88 is currently offline Click here to Send thrashman88 a Private Message Find more posts by thrashman88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Impediment

Don't be silly. Led Zep is exactly where they should be. There are a lot of groups that aren't there because they may have not been as popular, or they simply weren't around long enough to make a dint. Our Mother Earth is one such group. Is Linkin Park even on that list? Failure was another decent group but again they were too underground, or obscure to be up there. I don't like AC/DC but they're probably where they should be. The Pumpkins should be higher though.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2014 02:24 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

looking at that list again, I'd swap Floyd out with The Who.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 01:54 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote