KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Vh1 Top 100 Best Hard Rock Artists

Vh1 Top 100 Best Hard Rock Artists
Started by: Dr. Octagon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
*Alison*
Pretty on the Inside

But it isn't just their music that makes Nirvana as great as they are/were. It was what they did, and how and when they did it.

You guys not even remember 1992? I'm still eternally thankful that Nevermind came out and made all the hair metal and Color Me Badd type sh!t dissapear practically overnight.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 07:10 AM
*Alison* is currently offline Click here to Send *Alison* a Private Message Find more posts by *Alison* Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was like 5 In 92' so no i dont remember it to well stick out tongue

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 07:16 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SlipknoT
I was like 5 In 92' so no i dont remember it to well stick out tongue

I was 6 ...HA...Beat you...well actually I was five for half that year sad

But to answer Alison's question...no I don't remember either....

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 07:34 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was 4 for Half the year sad

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 07:37 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nirvana were very good but they weren't even the best band out of the movement they supposedly championed.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 10:37 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Originally posted by *Alison*
But it isn't just their music that makes Nirvana as great as they are/were. It was what they did, and how and when they did it.

You guys not even remember 1992? I'm still eternally thankful that Nevermind came out and made all the hair metal and Color Me Badd type sh!t dissapear practically overnight.

What about all the bands that did the same thing Nirvana did, did it before they became popular, and did it better?

Nirvana will always remain one of my favorites, but they only popularized the genre... Quite by accident I might add, even to the point where Kurt was unhappy about the band's success.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 03:46 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession

What are The Doors doing on that hard rock list?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 04:22 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Revan
What about all the bands that did the same thing Nirvana did, did it before they became popular, and did it better?

Nirvana will always remain one of my favorites, but they only popularized the genre... Quite by accident I might add, even to the point where Kurt was unhappy about the band's success.

Exactly.

Alice in Chains and Soundgarden are both much better. I prefer Pearl Jam to Nirvana also. Then there's Mudhoney, reasonably obscure.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 04:53 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Can soeone please explain to me what classifies Hard Rock?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 07:10 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tool classify themselves as Hard Rock, though that might not be the best example.

Erm, Audioslave, Rage mostly, Zeppelin.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 07:30 PM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

I suppose it's metal(ish) music with rock(ish) singing.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 08:06 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

I think that according to VH1 it's any artist who uses guitar distortion occasionally no expression

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 08:13 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

But how does that justify Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Queen, The Who, The Doors, Neil Young (What the f**k? ) and others? ... very strange list......

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 08:15 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

VH1...yeah, they're definately a valid authority on the subject. Of course they're list sucks.

VH1 is MTV for 30 year olds.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 10:15 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Originally posted by Bardock42
But how does that justify Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Queen, The Who, The Doors, Neil Young (What the f**k? ) and others? ... very strange list......

I considered most of them hard rock.Zepplin where pioneers for hard rock,they deserve number one.Now if it was Heavy Metal we where talking about I could see why none of those bands would make it on the list.The problem is Vh1 tried to blur the lines too much in this list,mixing slayer with Pearl jam.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 10:51 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

Marilyn Manson is higher than Tool?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 12:08 AM
Imaginary is currently offline Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Marylin Manson on a Best of List?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 01:22 AM
intoxicatedpoet

Originally posted by Darth Revan
Don't get me wrong, I like Nirvana quite a bit, I just think there are people who blow their greatness way out of proportion.

Yep, they're kinda like the Beatles, I like them, they're one of my favorite bands, but in no way should they be higher then the Doors. Also, why are the Doors even on there, them and Pink Floyd are more phsycadelic rock than hard.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 02:04 AM
intoxicatedpoet is currently offline Click here to Send intoxicatedpoet a Private Message Find more posts by intoxicatedpoet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

I think with the Doors it was all about their rebellion.Back in the day those where some pretty risky lyrics coming out of Mr.Jims mouth.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 02:09 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
intoxicatedpoet

Originally posted by mr.smiley
I think with the Doors it was all about their rebellion.Back in the day those where some pretty risky lyrics coming out of Mr.Jims mouth.

Indeed, but how are they hard rock, they may qualify on a list of greatest psycadelic bands, or greatest bands to get wacked out of your mind to, but they're not hard rock. Perhaps they mean rock as whole.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 02:41 AM
intoxicatedpoet is currently offline Click here to Send intoxicatedpoet a Private Message Find more posts by intoxicatedpoet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote