KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Vh1 Top 100 Best Hard Rock Artists

Vh1 Top 100 Best Hard Rock Artists
Started by: Dr. Octagon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jks

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SlipknoT
You've said your part...Now just wondering what bands you listen to?
Off of that list..
1. Led Zeppelin
2. Black Sabbath
3. Jimi Hendrix
4. AC/DC
5. Metallica
6. Nirvana
7. Van Halen
9. Guns N' Roses
10. KISS
11. Aerosmith
12. The Sex Pistols
13. Queen
17. The Ramones
18. Ozzy Osbourne
20. Alice Cooper
26. Motorhead
31. Def Leppard
34. Alice in Chains
40. Stone Temple Pilots
41. Ted Nugent
43. Nine Inch Nails
44. ZZ Top
45. Pantera
50. Slayer
51. Thin Lizzy
52. Faith No More
55. Blue Oyster Cult
56. White Zombie
58. Anthrax
62. Ministry
63. Boston
65. The Cult
67. Rolling Stones
69. Megadeth
73. Twisted Sister
91. Danzig

Not to mention bands not on the list like dream theater, nevermore, carcass, exodus, testament....etc

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 08:41 PM
jks is currently offline Click here to Send jks a Private Message Find more posts by jks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Twisted Sister? I don't think anything need be said.

Kerry King is one of the best leads of all time, so way to invalidated yourself by calling him the worst ever.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 08:45 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jks
Off of that list..

3. Jimi Hendrix
4. AC/DC
6. Nirvana
7. Van Halen
9. Guns N' Roses
10. KISS
11. Aerosmith
12. The Sex Pistols
13. Queen
17. The Ramones
20. Alice Cooper
26. Motorhead
31. Def Leppard
40. Stone Temple Pilots
41. Ted Nugent
43. Nine Inch Nails
44. ZZ Top
51. Thin Lizzy
52. Faith No More
55. Blue Oyster Cult
56. White Zombie
58. Anthrax
62. Ministry
63. Boston
65. The Cult
67. Rolling Stones
69. Megadeth
73. Twisted Sister

Not to mention bands not on the list like dream theater, nevermore, carcass, exodus, testament....etc
Those better than slayer? laughing out loud

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 08:51 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jks

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Twisted Sister? I don't think anything need be said.
This coming from someone who said slipknot aren't an awful band in another thread.

quote:
Kerry King is one of the best leads of all time, so way to invalidated yourself by calling him the worst ever.

-AC
Well, there went any credibility you thought you may have had. You obviously don't play guitar, because no one who does would call playing random notes out of key would be "one of the best leads of all time"

LMFAO!!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 09:04 PM
jks is currently offline Click here to Send jks a Private Message Find more posts by jks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jks

Those better than slayer? laughing out loud
You asked what bands I listened to, I lnamed the bands off the list that I LISTENED to, I said nothing about who was better than who, mr illiterate, but yeah, most of the bands on that list ARE better than slayer.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 09:07 PM
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

How am I illiterate? Before you were Basically calling Slayer crap (so untrue) then I asked who you listened to and you came back with a list of bands that slayer shits all over...I fail to see your reasoning?

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 10:48 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jks
This coming from someone who said slipknot aren't an awful band in another thread.

Is this a debate about who are the better band, Slipknot or Twisted Sister? Seriously? You can't be that stupid.

Originally posted by jks
Well, there went any credibility you thought you may have had. You obviously don't play guitar, because no one who does would call playing random notes out of key would be "one of the best leads of all time"

Lots of guitarists don't agree that Hendrix is the best ever, he is though.

See my point? You claimed Kerry is the worst of all time, or one of.

That's very, very false isn't it? Let's be honest here.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 10:56 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jks

How am I illiterate?
Because you can't seem to read YOUR OWN POSTS.
quote:
Before you were Basically calling Slayer crap (so untrue)
Because they are. ick up an instrument, learn it, and then listen to slayer fom a musicians view rather than a biased fanboy view.
quote:
then I asked who you listened to and you came back with a list of bands that slayer shits all over...[/quoteNo, you LIKE slayer more than those bands. Fine, your opinion, but those bands shit all over slayer ability wise. [quote]I fail to see your reasoning?
Not surprising.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 12:03 AM
jks

[B]Is this a debate about who are the better band, Slipknot or Twisted Sister? Seriously? You can't be that stupid.

So you ask if someone is stupid for liking one band more than another?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=opinion

You can't be that stupid.

quote:
Lots of guitarists don't agree that Hendrix is the best ever, he is though.
So what? Once you get to a certain level, you can get into a debate. It works with everything where people excel at something at a great level, just like asking who is the best baseball player or whatever.

quote:
See my point?
No.
quote:
You claimed Kerry is the worst of all time, or one of.
And he is, just listen to his leads.

quote:
That's very, very false isn't it?
No.
quote:
Let's be honest here.
I am

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 12:07 AM
intoxicatedpoet

Originally posted by jks
Off of that list..
1. Led Zeppelin
2. Black Sabbath
3. Jimi Hendrix
4. AC/DC
5. Metallica
6. Nirvana
7. Van Halen
9. Guns N' Roses
10. KISS
11. Aerosmith
12. The Sex Pistols
13. Queen
17. The Ramones
18. Ozzy Osbourne
20. Alice Cooper
26. Motorhead
31. Def Leppard
34. Alice in Chains
40. Stone Temple Pilots
41. Ted Nugent
43. Nine Inch Nails
44. ZZ Top
45. Pantera
50. Slayer
51. Thin Lizzy
52. Faith No More
55. Blue Oyster Cult
56. White Zombie
58. Anthrax
62. Ministry
63. Boston
65. The Cult
67. Rolling Stones
69. Megadeth
73. Twisted Sister
91. Danzig

Where are The Who?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 12:16 AM
intoxicatedpoet is currently offline Click here to Send intoxicatedpoet a Private Message Find more posts by intoxicatedpoet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jks

Originally posted by intoxicatedpoet
Where are The Who?
Not on the list of bands I listen to.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 12:21 AM
intoxicatedpoet

Originally posted by jks
Not on the list of bands I listen to.

no expression

The Who kick ass, they're better than Twisted Sister atleast.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 12:22 AM
intoxicatedpoet is currently offline Click here to Send intoxicatedpoet a Private Message Find more posts by intoxicatedpoet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jks

Originally posted by intoxicatedpoet
no expression

The Who kick ass, they're better than Twisted Sister atleast.
Not to me.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 12:29 AM
intoxicatedpoet

Originally posted by jks
Not to me.

Meh, it's a matter of taste I guess.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 12:31 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jks
So you ask if someone is stupid for liking one band more than another?

You can't be that stupid.

Opinion is, as it says, a belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof.

You can still have a wrong opinion. I can't make you agree and I can't scientifically prove that a band I like is better than a band you like but there comes a time where certain opinions are more right than others, because of the nature of the subject in question. Eg: Britney Spears is a great musician. The opinion is wrong.

As is yours.

Originally posted by jks
So what? Once you get to a certain level, you can get into a debate. It works with everything where people excel at something at a great level, just like asking who is the best baseball player or whatever.

You completely missed my point and it was easy enough to get, tsk.

Originally posted by jks
No. And he is, just listen to his leads.

So you are sanely proposing that Kerry King of Slayer is a worse lead guitarist than any other guitarist of all time? Seriously? Because I don't believe you are being serious.

Because that would mean he's worse than Simple Plan's lead guitarist, Taking Back Sunday's lead guitarist etc.

Originally posted by jks
No.

Yes, it's factually wrong. You are factually wrong. It's a fact that Kerry King isn't the worst lead guitarist of all time. Fact.

No offence, but you think that Twisted Sister are better than The Who. Your opinion is excrement.

Poet: It's not a matter of taste, don't be suckered into the coward tactic. If someone claims that NSync are better than Led Zeppelin, it's not a matter of taste is it? It's a matter of stupidity.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 12:43 AM
jks

Opinion is, as it says, a belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof.

You can still have a wrong opinion.
No you can't
quote:
I can't make you agree and I can't scientifically prove that a band I like is better than a band you like but there comes a time where certain opinions are more right than others, because of the nature of the subject in question. Eg: Britney Spears is a great musician. The opinion is wrong.
Because we have knowledge and proof that britney is a bad musician. She can't play an instrument.

quote:
As is yours.
No, and I at least backed it up instead of reppeating the same "ur teh wrong" like you are doing.

quote:
You completely missed my point and it was easy enough to get, tsk.
No, YOU completely missed my point, as evidenced by your post trying to change the argument.

quote:
So you are sanely proposing that Kerry King of Slayer is a worse lead guitarist than any other guitarist of all time? Seriously? Because I don't believe you are being serious.
I understand, your slayerfan and can't stand it when someone states something negative about your hero.
quote:
Because that would mean he's worse than Simple Plan's lead guitarist, Taking Back Sunday's lead guitarist etc.
I've never heard them, but that doesn't change the fact that king isn't very good.

quote:
Yes, it's factually wrong. You are factually wrong. It's a fact that Kerry King isn't the worst lead guitarist of all time. Fact.
Do me a favor, take that link I posted earlier, read it, and learn it. Now, replace "opinion" in the link with "fact" and read it, learn it, and perhaps you won't come off as such a jellyfish sucking mental midget in the future.

quote:
No offence, but you think that Twisted Sister are better than The Who. Your opinion is excrement.
No, I said I LIKE TS better than the who, learn to read AND comprehend, please.

quote:
Poet: It's not a matter of taste, don't be suckered into the coward tactic. If someone claims that NSync are better than Led Zeppelin, it's not a matter of taste is it? It's a matter of stupidity.

-AC

CAre to try again?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 12:53 AM
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jks
Not surprising.
Nice, Very Funny the way you Edited my Post, Creative, I've honeslty never seen it done, Where do you get these Crazy idead to Humor us?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 01:04 AM
jks

Nice, Very Funny the way you Edited my Post, Creative, I've honeslty never seen it done, Where do you get these Crazy idead to Humor us?
Pssst, I didn't edit it...I only messed up in quoting it....don't tell anyone.....

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 01:10 AM
RagnaViper
Spoon-based Destruction

Originally posted by Deathblow
Have you ever heard NIN before? blink

Yeah, and it's watered down industrial compared to real industrial bands like Ministry. It really does depend on the listener though. If you're not much of an industrial person, then it seems to be industrial. More hardcore industrial fans will tell you otherwise. Mostly, NIN is pop industrial.

Admittedly, I don't care too much for the genre description either. I was only made aware of this by a co-worker.

This sig was brought to you buy CorderaMitchell and Piggle. Blame them.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 02:13 AM
RagnaViper is currently offline Click here to Send RagnaViper a Private Message Find more posts by RagnaViper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

The only NIN album that is industrial is Pretty Hate Machine and it certainly isn't watered down. The rest do have industrial elements but they're so much more than that.

With Teeth is the only album that can be considered watered down and poppy. Pretty Hate Machine, Broken, The Downward Spiral, The Fragile have nothing that could be considered pop in it.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 03:44 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote