KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Vh1 Top 100 Best Hard Rock Artists

Vh1 Top 100 Best Hard Rock Artists
Started by: Dr. Octagon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jks
No you can't

You can't have a wrong opinion? Where are you getting this from?

Eg: George Bush is a fantastic president and a good man.

That's an opinion, it's also wrong. Do some learning and stop using the coward technique that all idiots use.

Originally posted by jks
Because we have knowledge and proof that britney is a bad musician. She can't play an instrument.

You can't factually prove to me that she makes worse music than say...Slayer. She does, it's obvious. But you cannot factually prove that. Because a Britney fan can always say "She's better." regardless of how much you prove it.

Originally posted by jks
No, and I at least backed it up instead of reppeating the same "ur teh wrong" like you are doing.

But you are wrong though. Because technique can be measure and proven, so it's provable beyond doubt that Kerry King isn't the worst lead guitarist of all time.

Originally posted by jks
No, YOU completely missed my point, as evidenced by your post trying to change the argument.

I'm not. Being a guitarist doesn't make your point CONCRETE. As proven by saying that some guitarists don't think Hendrix is the best, when he is. You were just too stupid to get my point.

Originally posted by jks
I understand, your slayerfan and can't stand it when someone states something negative about your hero.

I'm no Slayer fan. I think they're a legendary band and I like a couple of their albums, that's about it. Way to make an assumption.

Originally posted by jks
I've never heard them, but that doesn't change the fact that king isn't very good.

He isn't the worst ever though. Which is what you claimed, who's changing their arguement now?

Originally posted by jks
Do me a favor, take that link I posted earlier, read it, and learn it. Now, replace "opinion" in the link with "fact" and read it, learn it, and perhaps you won't come off as such a jellyfish sucking mental midget in the future.

No, listen to me. Kerry King is factually NOT the worst ever. Why? Because if you put all the lead guitarists together, he factually has a better technique and ability than alot of them. So you are actually wrong to claim that he's the worst of all time.

Originally posted by jks
No, I said I LIKE TS better than the who, learn to read AND comprehend, please.

When Poet said they're better, you said "Not to me". You didn't say "Yes, but I prefer Twisted Sister."

Originally posted by jks
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=opinion

CAre to try again?

Well, considering that you're the one who's got the wrong idea about what an opinion is. I suggest you try.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 12:05 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blaq ice

RoOster - Come Get some

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 12:25 PM
blaq ice is currently offline Click here to Send blaq ice a Private Message Find more posts by blaq ice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jks

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
[B]You can't have a wrong opinion? Where are you getting this from?
Uhh, simple logic.

quote:
Eg: George Bush is a fantastic president and a good man.

That's an opinion, it's also wrong. Do some learning and stop using the coward technique that all idiots use.
Saying something like bush is a good pres. is subjective. It can't be proven one way or the other because of that. Please educate yourself on this.

You can't factually prove to me that she makes worse music than say...Slayer.[/quote]I know, because it's all up to the individual.
quote:
She does, it's obvious.
I agree, but that's not the point.
quote:
But you cannot factually prove that. Because a Britney fan can always say "She's better." regardless of how much you prove it.
I think you're totally lost here.

quote:
But you are wrong though.
Except I'm not, sorry.
quote:
Because technique can be measure and proven, so it's provable beyond doubt that Kerry King isn't the worst lead guitarist of all time.
Exactly, technique can be proven, and the fact that kerry king has limited knowledge of scale, plays out of key, and just plays random notes show tht he is, in fact, among the worst lead players. Seriously, why would you argue against this since you obviously have no knowledge of guitar playing other than what you like?

quote:
I'm not. Being a guitarist doesn't make your point CONCRETE.
No, but it shows I have a vastly superior amount of knowledge when it comes to the subject than you.
quote:
As proven by saying that some guitarists don't think Hendrix is the best, when he is. You were just too stupid to get my point.
Again, subjective. Like I said about comparing sports stars, once you reach a certain level, it's open to debate. Some may say hendrix is the best, others will say eddie van halen is because he displayed more technique than hendrix. Get it yet?

quote:
I'm no Slayer fan. I think they're a legendary band and I like a couple of their albums, that's about it. Way to make an assumption.
Way to back out of your stance because you are being dismantled.

quote:
He isn't the worst ever though. Which is what you claimed, who's changing their arguement now?
Learn to read AND comprehend, please.

"king is about THE single worst lead player of all time"

Where was it said that he WAS the worst lead player, because what I'm reading is he is ABOUT the worst lead player.

I haven't heard anyone worse than king though, lol.

quote:
No, listen to me. Kerry King is factually NOT the worst ever.
Ok, please do yourself a fqavor and look up the definition of fact and opinion and understand their meanings. You are embarrassing yourself here.
quote:
Why? Because if you put all the lead guitarists together, he factually has a better technique and ability than alot of them.
You mean the technique of playing sloppy and out of key? Damn, I'm glad I wasn't taught that technique. Please, I'm begging you, tell me who is worse.
quote:
So you are actually wrong to claim that he's the worst of all time.
Please educate yourself on the subject then get back to me.

quote:
When Poet said they're better, you said "Not to me". You didn't say "Yes, but I prefer Twisted Sister."

Which is why I said you need to learn to COMPREHEND what is written. It can be proven the who has more musical ability than twisted sister, so when I state "not to me", that could only mean who I prefer.

quote:
Well, considering that you're the one who's got the wrong idea about what an opinion is. I suggest you try.

Considering you have been completely destroyed because you have no idea what a fact and opinion are, and that you are trying to argue a subject that you yourself have proven that you have absolutely no knowledge of, I suggest YOU try.

Care to try again?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 09:30 PM
jks is currently offline Click here to Send jks a Private Message Find more posts by jks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jks
Uhh, simple logic.

Saying something like bush is a good pres. is subjective. It can't be proven one way or the other because of that. Please educate yourself on this.

It's not subjective because I can show you actions that contradict the person calling him a good president in the definition of the term.

Either way, opinions can be wrong, if not proven wrong. And one opinion can be more credible than another. THAT is a fact.

Originally posted by jks
I know, because it's all up to the individual. I agree, but that's not the point. I think you're totally lost here.

I'm not getting lost. You're missing the obvious point. I said "You can't prove Britney is a bad musician." You said "I can" to which I countered you and gave example as to why you can't. Despite it being, more or less, true. And you agreed.

Originally posted by jks
Except I'm not, sorry. Exactly, technique can be proven, and the fact that kerry king has limited knowledge of scale, plays out of key, and just plays random notes show tht he is, in fact, among the worst lead players. Seriously, why would you argue against this since you obviously have no knowledge of guitar playing other than what you like?

If you think Kerry King is a terrible guitarist, fine. I have no problem there. The fact is, you claimed that he was the WORST of ALL TIME. That, is factually wrong. Because there are technically worse guitarists. So yes, you're wrong.

Originally posted by jks
No, but it shows I have a vastly superior amount of knowledge when it comes to the subject than you. Again, subjective. Like I said about comparing sports stars, once you reach a certain level, it's open to debate. Some may say hendrix is the best, others will say eddie van halen is because he displayed more technique than hendrix. Get it yet?

You don't have a vastly superior amount of knowledge, or any knowledge, if you truly believe that Kerry King is worse than any other guitarist.

There are more technically gifted guitarists then Hendrix. Vai, Satch etc. Are any of them a better overall player than him? No.

Originally posted by jks
Way to back out of your stance because you are being dismantled.

Stance? You assumed Kerry King was my hero and that I was some rabid Slayer superfan. Anyone who knows me from this site knows that I never ever cite Slayer as one of my favourite bands. So no, you're trying to STRENGTHEN your stance by making blind assumption.

Originally posted by jks
Learn to read AND comprehend, please.

"king is about THE single worst lead player of all time"

Where was it said that he WAS the worst lead player

Let's see, here:

Originally posted by jks
And he is, just listen to his leads.

and here:
Originally posted by jks
I haven't heard anyone worse than king though, lol.

So heed your own advice. Learn to read and comprehend, try to remember what you post. Because I do.

Originally posted by jks
Ok, please do yourself a fqavor and look up the definition of fact and opinion and understand their meanings. You are embarrassing yourself here. You mean the technique of playing sloppy and out of key? Damn, I'm glad I wasn't taught that technique. Please, I'm begging you, tell me who is worse. Please educate yourself on the subject then get back to me.

Listen to me oh so very carefully now. Fact means that without doubt, with concrete proof and to the point that it cannot be denied. Kerry King, is not the worst lead guitarist of all time, fact. Why is that fact? Because there are lead guitarists WORSE than him. In your OPINION, there is no one worse than King. Now if you mean the music he makes, fine. I can't make you hear that as I do. If you mean technique, you're wrong. Because there are many bands on this planet, unsigned, underground, mainstream, who have worse leads than King.

By claiming he's the worst ever, you are insinuating that every band's lead guitarist is better than he is. EVERY band. Including the likes of My Chemical Romance etc.

Originally posted by jks
Which is why I said you need to learn to COMPREHEND what is written. It can be proven the who has more musical ability than twisted sister, so when I state "not to me", that could only mean who I prefer.

Stop barfing up the same garbage. You said "not to me" when it was suggested The Who are better. If you had specifically said that it was your preferance, fine.

Originally posted by jks
Considering you have been completely destroyed because you have no idea what a fact and opinion are, and that you are trying to argue a subject that you yourself have proven that you have absolutely no knowledge of, I suggest YOU try.

Care to try again?

Destroyed? Oh please. You've said the same thing about nine times in the row to no effect. In your defence, I have repeated myself too. However, I'm saying things that are actually facts. You're just saying stupid, uneducated and pathetic retorts of "educate yourself". Dude, you like Twisted Sister and you called Slayer crap.

Your opinion is about as invalid as Stephen Hawking.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 09:51 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:

Buzzzzing!

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 10:03 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RagnaViper
Spoon-based Destruction

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
The only NIN album that is industrial is Pretty Hate Machine and it certainly isn't watered down. The rest do have industrial elements but they're so much more than that.

With Teeth is the only album that can be considered watered down and poppy. Pretty Hate Machine, Broken, The Downward Spiral, The Fragile have nothing that could be considered pop in it.

Just to clarify...

Now, I'll agree with you on Pretty Hate Machine partly. It's a good industrial album, but the better classification is synth pop (with dark elements that give it an industrial feel). The problem is that they are referred to as industrial by so many, when they're clearly not so. Sure, they brought industrial to the mainstream, but they aren't actually industrial themselves. They're merely a synth pop band that has some industrial elements.

Sure, they browse around other genres, but for the most part NIN is synth pop with some industrial scattered on the top.

This sig was brought to you buy CorderaMitchell and Piggle. Blame them.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 10:30 PM
RagnaViper is currently offline Click here to Send RagnaViper a Private Message Find more posts by RagnaViper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

One of the most overlooked facts about NIN is that they've/he's always had pop ELEMENTS to his music. March of the Pigs chorus, alot of The Fragile had that catchy, upbeat element.

I don't think I'd have ever called NIN pop, before now though.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 10:57 PM
jks

It's not subjective because I can show you actions that contradict the person calling him a good president in the definition of the term.
But even those actions YOU think make him a bad president are subjective.

quote:
Either way, opinions can be wrong, if not proven wrong.
An opinion, BY IT'S VERY DEFINITION, can never, I REPEATR NEVER, be wrong.
quote:
And one opinion can be more credible than another. THAT is a fact.
That is true, just like my opinion on king's guitar playing is more credible than yours.

quote:
I'm not getting lost. You're missing the obvious point. I said "You can't prove Britney is a bad musician." You said "I can" to which I countered you and gave example as to why you can't.
Perhaps you missed the part where I gave a valid FACT as to why she's not a good musician.

quote:
If you think Kerry King is a terrible guitarist, fine. I have no problem there. The fact is, you claimed that he was the WORST of ALL TIME.
PLEASE LEARN TO ****ING READ.
quote:
That, is factually wrong.
How many times must you be told to learn the definition of fact?
quote:
Because there are technically worse guitarists. So yes, you're wrong.
SUBJECTIVE.

quote:
You don't have a vastly superior amount of knowledge, or any knowledge, if you truly believe that Kerry King is worse than any other guitarist.
No, the fact that I believe that PROVES I have a vastly superior knowledge of the instrument than you.

quote:
There are more technically gifted guitarists then Hendrix. Vai, Satch etc. Are any of them a better overall player than him? No.
LMFAO!!!!

This one is going in my sig on some of the musician forums I post on!

quote:
Stance? You assumed Kerry King was my hero and that I was some rabid Slayer superfan. Anyone who knows me from this site knows that I never ever cite Slayer as one of my favourite bands. So no, you're trying to STRENGTHEN your stance by making blind assumption.
Reasonable assumption given that I've never seen anyone with an intellect higher than that of toilet fungus say king isn't one of the worst lead players.

quote:
Let's see, here:

and here:

So heed your own advice. Learn to read and comprehend, try to remember what you post. Because I do.
Again with the lack of comprehension skills. "listen to his leads"- reason why he is one of the worst lead players.

"I haven't heard anyone worse" I haven't, fact. That doesn't mean there aren't any worse, I just ghaven't heard them.

quote:
Listen to me oh so very carefully now. Fact means that without doubt, with concrete proof and to the point that it cannot be denied.
Gooood.
quote:
Kerry King, is not the worst lead guitarist of all time, fact.
LEARN TO ****ING READ YOU GOD DAMN MORON!! I said kerry king is about the worst, not the single worst. Are your parents cousins?
quote:
Why is that fact? Because there are lead guitarists WORSE than him.
SUBJECTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
quote:
In your OPINION, there is no one worse than King.
Jesus ****ing tap dancing christ, a human being can't possibly be as stupid as you.
quote:
Now if you mean the music he makes, fine. I can't make you hear that as I do. If you mean technique, you're wrong. Because there are many bands on this planet, unsigned, underground, mainstream, who have worse leads than King.
Where?

quote:
By claiming he's the worst ever, you are insinuating that every band's lead guitarist is better than he is. EVERY band. Including the likes of My Chemical Romance etc.
Why the **** are you still ranting on this. What part of I didn't say he was the absolute worst plaer do you not seem to understand?

quote:
Stop barfing up the same garbage.
This coming from someone who is still ranting on a point he invened that was said to be otherwise many posts ago.
quote:
You said "not to me" when it was suggested The Who are better. If you had specifically said that it was your preferance, fine.
It's not my fault you are too daft to grasp simple logic.

quote:
Destroyed? Oh please. You've said the same thing about nine times in the row to no effect.
Ironic, considering that describes your entire argument.
quote:
In your defence, I have repeated myself too. However, I'm saying things that are actually facts.
You have stated NO facts What part of that do you not understand? Saying king is not the worst lead player ever is NOT a fact, because it's ALL SUBJECTIVE!!
quote:
You're just saying stupid, uneducated and pathetic retorts of "educate yourself".
BEcause you need to educate yourself. You know nothing about the art of guitar playing and your whole argument is based on what you like rather than actual ability.
quote:
Dude, you like Twisted Sister and you called Slayer crap.
Please learn to read. Where did anyone say slayer was crap?

quote:

-AC
Another of your intellectual superiors, nice.

Now go ahead and spend 30 miutes of your life typing out some other inane retort to which everything you say in it will have already been shot down posts ago.

I must say you are quite amusing if nothing else. I mean hell, you are sitting there trying to attack me for saying king is one of the worst lead players ever when you are using the same rationale trying to say hendrix is the best ever. Hypocrite.

I'm going to copy and paste your posts on the previously mentioned musician forums that I regularly visit. I figure why should I be the only one having a laugh at your expense.

Last edited by jks on Aug 17th, 2005 at 11:24 PM

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 11:12 PM
jks is currently offline Click here to Send jks a Private Message Find more posts by jks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jks
But even those actions YOU think make him a bad president are subjective.

Not if there's a definition.

Originally posted by jks
An opinion, BY IT'S VERY DEFINITION, can never, I REPEATR NEVER, be wrong. That is true, just like my opinion on king's guitar playing is more credible than yours.

Your opinion on music isn't credible because you not only like a notoriously shit band in Twisted Sister, but you actually called a band like Slayer who are well respected, renown and cited by many great bands, crap.

Opinions can be wrong. What is your cowardly malfunction? If your opinion is that Simple Plan are a great band, sure you're entitled to that and I can't scientifically prove it to the point that you can't deny it. But I can bring about evidence to prove my reasoning, so once again, you're wrong.

Originally posted by jks
Perhaps you missed the part where I gave a valid FACT as to why she's not a good musician.

Why? Because she's not good on instruments? There are many great lead singers who have never played an instrument in their lives. Are they shit musicians? Another flawed example from a flawed poster making flawed points.

Originally posted by jks
SUBJECTIVE.

You can't change dictionary meanings. Opinion can be wrong. That's as far as I'm going on this, because you're just gonna keep posting the same BS and I'm going to have to keep typing why you're wrong.

Technique can be measured, so it can be proven that there are technically worse guitarists. If you got Kerry King in the room with every guitarist on Earth and put them in a contest of skill, he's not going to come last, is he?

Originally posted by jks
This one is going in my sig on some of the musician forums I post on!

Thanks, honoured. Now if we can continue:

Originally posted by jks
Reasonable assumption given that I've never seen anyone with an intellect higher than that of toilet fungus say king isn't one of the worst lead players.

Word to the not so wise: Sort out your grammar before you talk of people with bad intellect. You can barely string a sentence together.

Originally posted by jks
Again with the lack of comprehension skills. "listen to his leads"- reason why he is one of the worst lead players.

No, in the quote I posted from you, I had just said to you "You called King THE worst lead guitarist of all time." You replied "And he is. Listen to his leads." You asked me where it was said, I showed you. Problem? I see none.

Originally posted by jks
"I haven't heard anyone worse" I haven't, fact. That doesn't mean there aren't any worse, I just ghaven't heard them.

Well then why continually say he's the worst of all time?

Originally posted by jks
Gooood. LEARN TO ****ING READ YOU GOD DAMN MORON!!

Dude, who shit in your forum fritters this morning? Relax. Calm down and breathe.

Originally posted by jks
I said kerry king is about the worst, not the single worst.

I've quoted you saying that he IS the worst though. I've actually quoted you saying it.

Originally posted by jks
Are your parents cousins? SUBJECTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus ****ing tap dancing christ, a human being can't possibly be as stupid as you.

Stop hiding behind the pitiful, coward technique of calling everything subjective just because you can't debate it. It's not cool and it's not intelligent.

Originally posted by jks
Where?

Haha, you're asking me where there are bands that have worse leads than Kerry King? Are you that dense?

Originally posted by jks
Why the **** are you still ranting on this. What part of I didn't say he was the absolute worst plaer do you not seem to understand?

And what part of "I've quoted you saying it" do you not understand? Do you want me to post the forum interraction in which you actually said it, for the second time?

Originally posted by jks
You have stated NO facts What part of that do you not understand? Saying king is not the worst lead player ever is NOT a fact, because it's ALL SUBJECTIVE!!

It's not subjective is it? Because if you put every guitarist in the world in a room and judged them on undeniable technique, Kerry King isn't coming last is he? No.

Originally posted by jks
BEcause you need to educate yourself. You know nothing about the art of guitar playing and your whole argument is based on what you like rather than actual ability.

Hahaha, that's the one thing I AM basing it on. Read above.

Originally posted by jks
Please learn to read. Where did anyone say slayer was crap?

Oh, this will be good:

Originally posted by SlipknoT
Before you were Basically calling Slayer crap (So untrue)...

Your reply:

Originally posted by jks
Because they are.

Please, try to get out of this. For my own entertainment at the very least.

Originally posted by jks
Another of your intellectual superiors, nice.

Was that meant to be a diss? Stephen Hawking being smarter than me is now an insult? He's smarter than most people.

Originally posted by jks
Now go ahead and spend 30 miutes of your life typing out some other inane retort to which everything you say in it will have already been shot down posts ago.

You really remind me of Jasper from Family Guy.

JKS: I shot down what you said posts ago. Subjective! You moron! Learn to read! *In a rather camp voice* See that's what I do, I throw insults then I honk the horn.

No offence dude, but I don't spend over 10 minutes typing my replies. You are replying too, so what seems to be your point?

Originally posted by jks
I must say you are quite amusing if nothing else. I mean hell, you are sitting there trying to attack me for saying king is one of the worst lead players ever when you are using the same rationale trying to say hendrix is the best ever. Hypocrite.

I'm not attacking you, if you took it that way it's your problem.

Stop all this "I called him ONE of the worst". I've quoted you saying he is the worst, just like I quoted you calling Slayer crap, which you also denied.

Originally posted by jks
I'm going to copy and paste your posts on the previously mentioned musician forums that I regularly visit.

And you tried to make fun of ME wasting minutes of my life? At least I only visit one forum, closet case.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Aug 17th, 2005 at 11:44 PM

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 11:37 PM
jks

Not if there's a definition.
What the hell are you talking about?

quote:
Your opinion on music isn't credible because you not only like a notoriously shit band in Twisted Sister,
Discrediting yourself #1
quote:
but you actually called a band like Slayer who are well respected, renown and cited by many great bands, crap.
Discrediting yourself #2. My opinion is valid because I PLAY THE DAMN INSTRUMENT AND KNOW MORE ABOUT THEORY, TECHNIQUE AND ABILITY THAN YOU. Seriously, do you think saying my opinion isn't valid based on a band I like actually is helping your case?

quote:
Opinions can be wrong.
Already proven false, moving on.
quote:
What is your cowardly malfunction?
Why aren't yu able to grasp how wrong you are even after having it explained to you?
quote:
If your opinion is that Simple Plan are a great band, sure you're entitled to that and I can't scientifically prove it to the point that you can't deny it. But I can bring about evidence to prove my reasoning, so once again, you're wrong.
NO you can't, and I have explained that to you numerous times. If you are too stupid or too ignorant to accept it, that's your problem.

quote:
Why? Because she's not good on instruments? There are many great lead singers who have never played an instrument in their lives. Are they shit musicians? Another flawed example from a flawed poster making flawed points.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=musician

Now, given the FACTS that she doesn't play an instrument, doesn't write the majority of her material, needs studio help to make her voice sound good and lip synchs her concerts, what does that tell you? Another idiotic post from an idiotic poster shot down by me.

quote:
You can't change dictionary meanings.
I know.
quote:
Opinion can be wrong.
Sorry, confirmed otherwise.
quote:
That's as far as I'm going on this, because you're just gonna keep posting the same BS and I'm going to have to keep typing why you're wrong.
You mean because I proved how you are wrong.

quote:
Technique can be measured, so it can be proven that there are technically worse guitarists. If you got Kerry King in the room with every guitarist on Earth and put them in a contest of skill, he's not going to come last, is he?
Yeah, I'm sure some kid who pickeed up a guitar for the first time this past monday wll be worse. Of course that isn't the point considering, for the 13th time, NO ONE SAID HE WAS THE SINGLE WORST PLAYER.

quote:
Thanks, honoured. Now if we can continue:
Actually, if oyu'd see the comments being made by more people who know more than you, you are humiliated.

quote:
Word to the not so wise: Sort out your grammar before you talk of people with bad intellect. You can barely string a sentence together.
Word to the wise: Make sure you know about proper grammar and sentence structure before trying to attack someone else's and you won't embarrass yourself as much as you just did.

quote:
No, in the quote I posted from you, I had just said to you "You called King THE worst lead guitarist of all time." You replied "And he is. Listen to his leads." You asked me where it was said, I showed you. Problem? I see none.
That's your fault for posting "You called King THE worst lead guitarist of all time." when it was never said. It's my fault for assuming you could read and responded to what I skimmed over and assumed you quoted what I actually said. Please read my post disecting slayer's ability, my 3rd post in this thread.

quote:
Well then why continually say he's the worst of all time?
Why do you continually ignore me saying that was never said?

quote:
Dude, who shit in your forum fritters this morning? Relax. Calm down and breathe.
My fault for assuming all people are of a reasonable intellect.

quote:
I've quoted you saying that he IS the worst though. I've actually quoted you saying it.
No you didn't. You said that I said he was the worst. I explained above how I skimmed over what you said and [reasonably] assumed you quoted what I actually said.

quote:
Stop hiding behind the pitiful, coward technique of calling everything subjective just because you can't debate it. It's not cool and it's not intelligent.
Why, because you can't argue against it other than "liek, omg ur teh cowurd tekneek" Every time I shoot down your posts with that, you always respond with the same thing. That's not very inelligent.

quote:
Haha, you're asking me where there are bands that have worse leads than Kerry King? Are you that dense?
I haven't heard any. Don't whine and try to hide, lets have some.

quote:
And what part of "I've quoted you saying it" do you not understand?
What part of you ****ed up the quote do YOU not understand?
quote:
Do you want me to post the forum interraction in which you actually said it, for the second time?
Go ahead, so I can point out exactly where you ****ed up what I said.

quote:
It's not subjective is it? Because if you put every guitarist in the world in a room and judged them on undeniable technique, Kerry King isn't coming last is he? No.
Again, no one said he would. There are undeniably people who are new at playing who would be worse.

quote:
Hahaha, that's the one thing I AM basing it on. Read above.
No it's not, because you don't have any knowledge on the subject. The only thing you know is by listening to it. You have no knowledge of theory, technique, scale, pitch, playing in key etc..

quote:
Oh, this will be good:
It will

quote:
Your reply:

Please, try to get out of this. For my own entertainment at the very least.
Now, if we go back to my post talking about slayers ability, you'll notice I only said araya's voice was crap. Now, if we take a look at your statement of "Basically you were calling Slayer crap" to which I replied they are, it was because I was refering to their musicianship. Araya is an avg bassist, king is a horrible lead player. When I said they were NOT crap [in comparing them to TS as you or the other guy did] it was in reference to me liking the songs.

quote:
Was that meant to be a diss? Stephen Hawking being smarter than me is now an insult? He's smarter than most people.
I know, but you were the one that said my post was as invalid as him when he is also smarter than you.

quote:
You really remind me of Jasper from Family Guy.
I can't say you remind me of anyone from anything because I've never come across someone so intellectually inept.

quote:
[b]JKS: I shot down what you said posts ago. Subjective! You moron! Learn to read! *In a rather camp voice* See that's what I do, I throw insults then I honk the horn.

Alpha Centauri Ur teh wrong. Ur teh wrong. Ur teh wrong. Oh yeah, Ur teh wrong. I not no care what teh dikshunary says, I don't needs no book lurnin to no ur teh wrong. It not matter that i don't no nuffin bout how to play that thur geetar, Ur teh wrong. I not need to know reedin and writin *spits out a plug of tobacco* I just keep arguin' stuff that was proveded otherwise

quote:
'm not attacking you, if you took it that way it's your problem.
How about respond to the point than another of your conviniant sheilds trying to dodge it.

quote:
Stop all this "I called him ONE of the worst". I've quoted you saying he is the worst, just like I quoted you calling Slayer crap, which you also denied.
Stop all this "I quoted you" crap when I already explained, in detail, how YOU are the one that ****ed the quotes up and/or were unable to comprehend what was written.

quote:
And you tried to make fun of ME wasting minutes of my life?
No, I'm making fun of you because you aren't very knowledgeable on a subject, have proven it, and yet you are still trying to argue on that subject with blatant mistruths.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 12:19 AM
RagnaViper
Spoon-based Destruction

One of the most overlooked facts about NIN is that they've/he's always had pop ELEMENTS to his music. March of the Pigs chorus, alot of The Fragile had that catchy, upbeat element.

I don't think I'd have ever called NIN pop, before now though.

-AC

Well sure. They've never really been full on pop until now. As I said before, NIN browses genres too much to be called pop completely. But overall, the band is mostly dark synth pop.

This sig was brought to you buy CorderaMitchell and Piggle. Blame them.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 12:36 AM
RagnaViper is currently offline Click here to Send RagnaViper a Private Message Find more posts by RagnaViper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Just to interject, an opinion can actually be factually wrong.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 12:38 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jks

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Just to interject, an opinion can actually be factually wrong.
Then by definition, it's not an opinion.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=opinion

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 12:40 AM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

'A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof'.

I believe with confidence, but with no proof, that the Earth is flat.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 12:45 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jks

'A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof'.

I believe with confidence, but with no proof, that the Earth is flat.
It's been proven otherwise....erm

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 12:49 AM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by jks
It's been proven otherwise....erm

Thus the original opinions are...*drumroll*

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 12:50 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jks
Discrediting yourself #1

So you call Slayer crap, and your opinion is still valid. I call Twisted Sister shit...and I'm discredited? Hahahahaahaha.

Originally posted by jks
Discrediting yourself #2. My opinion is valid because I PLAY THE DAMN INSTRUMENT AND KNOW MORE ABOUT THEORY, TECHNIQUE AND ABILITY THAN YOU. Seriously, do you think saying my opinion isn't valid based on a band I like actually is helping your case?

You're making alot of assumptions in that post aren't you? wink Yes. I've let you carry on because you're making a fool of yourself.

Joe Satriani is quite possibly the greatest guitarist on Earth in terms of ability to play, but he puts out alot of shit. See where I'm going champ?

Originally posted by jks
Already proven false, moving on.

No it's not. You just keep saying "Opinion can't be wrong. SUBJECTIVE!!!".

Originally posted by jks
NO you can't, and I have explained that to you numerous times. If you are too stupid or too ignorant to accept it, that's your problem.

Ignorant? You define ignorant. You are wrong here, I don't understand why you're not getting it. You either don't want to or your not that well versed in English Language.

Originally posted by jks
Now, given the FACTS that she doesn't play an instrument, doesn't write the majority of her material, needs studio help to make her voice sound good and lip synchs her concerts, what does that tell you? Another idiotic post from an idiotic poster shot down by me.

Hahaha. Did you read that link? "One who composes, conducts, or performs music, especially instrumental music."

One who composes, conducts, or PERFORMS. Especially instrumental music. The voice is an instrument. There are singers in great bands who have never picked up an instrument, so by your rationale, that makes them shit musicians doesn't it?

Originally posted by jks
Sorry, confirmed otherwise. You mean because I proved how you are wrong.

No, because regardless of how many examples and regardless of how much proof I show you THROUGH those examples, you are going to keep denying it despite being wrong.

Originally posted by jks
Yeah, I'm sure some kid who pickeed up a guitar for the first time this past monday wll be worse. Of course that isn't the point considering, for the 13th time, NO ONE SAID HE WAS THE SINGLE WORST PLAYER.

I've quoted you saying it.

Originally posted by jks
Actually, if oyu'd see the comments being made by more people who know more than you, you are humiliated.

Cute insults, very learned and mature. Lets move on:

Originally posted by jks
Word to the wise: Make sure you know about proper grammar and sentence structure before trying to attack someone else's and you won't embarrass yourself as much as you just did.

Embarass myself? You mean you don't see what I was pointing out? Haha.

Originally posted by jks
That's your fault for posting "You called King THE worst lead guitarist of all time." when it was never said. It's my fault for assuming you could read and responded to what I skimmed over and assumed you quoted what I actually said. Please read my post disecting slayer's ability, my 3rd post in this thread.

Why are you being a weasel? I accused you of calling King the worst of all time. You replied by saying "And he is." What's left to be said? You confirmed my accusation. As for dissecting Slayer's ability, is that what you call dissecting? All you did was say Araya's voice was crap, King was crap, Hanneman isn't much better and then praised the drummers. THAT'S dissecting? That's not dissecting. That's just calling them crap.

Originally posted by jks
Why do you continually ignore me saying that was never said?

Why do you keep dodging the fact that I said "You were calling King THE worst of all time." and dodging the fact that you replied with "AND HE IS.", why? I put it to you that you thought of him as the worst of all time, you confirmed it by agreeing with me.

Originally posted by jks
My fault for assuming all people are of a reasonable intellect.

Yes because you're really showing off oodles of genius by posting in caps, bold and telling people to learn to read, calling them f*cking morons and continually showing a general lack of cognitive abilities akin to that of a goldfish.

Originally posted by jks
No you didn't. You said that I said he was the worst. I explained above how I skimmed over what you said and [reasonably] assumed you quoted what I actually said.

Hahaha, oh this is too good. So you're going to sit there on this pedestal, calling me dumb, telling me I can't read and assuming that you're intelligent. Yet you openly admit that you didn't comprehend what I wrote, skimmed it, assumed I quoted what you said, despite reading it and agreeing with it anyway? Stop making excuses. I put a rationale to you and you agreed.

Originally posted by jks
Why, because you can't argue against it other than "liek, omg ur teh cowurd tekneek"

Nope, because it actually is stupid and cowardly. Why is it? Because not everything is subjective. That is just something cowards say who can't back their shit up.

Wanna show me a quote where I said "liek, omg ur teh cowurd tekneek"? Or was that a very childish, poor and ineffective attempt at poking fun? I thought you were smart?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 12:55 AM
jks

Thus the original opinions are...*drumroll*
But they had no knowledge or reason to believe otherwise.

Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jks
Every time I shoot down your posts with that, you always respond with the same thing. That's not very inelligent.

Every time I reply to you, you come back with the same old drab and childish insults, straying way off topic because you can't back up your opinions with evidence and/or proof. Like Victor is already proving, you're wrong. You have been wrong this whole time.

Originally posted by jks
I haven't heard any. Don't whine and try to hide, lets have some.

You're meaning to tell me that all those emo bands, metalcore bands etc, they have better guitarists than King?

Originally posted by jks
What part of you ****ed up the quote do YOU not understand? Go ahead, so I can point out exactly where you ****ed up what I said.

I didn't **** up the quote, did I? We've established that it was you who ****ed up by reading my clearly posted comment and agreeing to it.

Originally posted by jks
Again, no one said he would. There are undeniably people who are new at playing who would be worse.

And also people who are old at playing, who would be worse. So we agree.

Originally posted by jks
No it's not, because you don't have any knowledge on the subject. The only thing you know is by listening to it. You have no knowledge of theory, technique, scale, pitch, playing in key etc..

Now now, assumptions aren't good, they aren't smile.

Secondly, I'll use my prior example. The fact that you are a guitarist doesn't make your opinion concrete, infact. The fact that you make the claims you have, suggests that YOU don't know much about the guitar.

Originally posted by jks
Now, if we go back to my post talking about slayers ability, you'll notice I only said araya's voice was crap. Now, if we take a look at your statement of "Basically you were calling Slayer crap" to which I replied they are, it was because I was refering to their musicianship.

So yes, you called them crap, didn't you? That was what I accused you of and you denied it. You denied calling Slayer crap, but evidently, you did. You know you did, so that means you either have an extremely bad memory or you were lying.

Originally posted by jks
Araya is an avg bassist, king is a horrible lead player. When I said they were NOT crap [in comparing them to TS as you or the other guy did] it was in reference to me liking the songs.

Fair enough, but you denied calling them crap, didn't you? Answer: Yes. And we both know that you did call them crap now, don't we? Answer: Yes.

Originally posted by jks
I know, but you were the one that said my post was as invalid as him when he is also smarter than you.

That joke clearly went over your head, BackFire got it. I'm sorry my jokes are too smart for you.

Originally posted by jks
I can't say you remind me of anyone from anything because I've never come across someone so intellectually inept.

You've never come across anyone worse than King, but there are many wink. Like you said "Just because I haven't heard them doesn't mean they don't exist". I can't take the crown for being the most intellectually inept because there are so many people less smart than me, you just haven't met them smile.

Originally posted by jks
Ur teh wrong. Ur teh wrong. Ur teh wrong. Oh yeah, Ur teh wrong. I not no care what teh dikshunary says, I don't needs no book lurnin to no ur teh wrong. It not matter that i don't no nuffin bout how to play that thur geetar, Ur teh wrong. I not need to know reedin and writin *spits out a plug of tobacco* I just keep arguin' stuff that was proveded otherwise

Hahaha, southern accent too. THAT was the best thing you've ever posted. I enjoyed that, that was sweet.

Originally posted by jks
How about respond to the point than another of your conviniant sheilds trying to dodge it.

Are you the same guy who called me inept? Learn to spell for crying out loud. None of that made ANY kind of sense.

Originally posted by jks
Stop all this "I quoted you" crap when I already explained, in detail, how YOU are the one that ****ed the quotes up and/or were unable to comprehend what was written.

I never misread and misreplied to my own post. You did.

Originally posted by jks
No, I'm making fun of you because you aren't very knowledgeable on a subject, have proven it, and yet you are still trying to argue on that subject with blatant mistruths.

You can continue making blind assumptions because it's only making you look stupid. You are the one who keeps replying with blind insults, taking this way too seriously and not proving anything. Not me, you. In all of what I just replied to, maybe a quarter of it was about music. Because you obviously have to resort to petty tomfoolery in an attempt to impress internet people.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by jks
But they had no knowledge or reason to believe otherwise.

That's the magic of opinions. Ya just make 'em.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 12:56 AM