KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Wolverine

Respect Wolverine
Started by: Logan 87

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (41): « First ... « 39 40 [41]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Accel

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Battlehammer
That may be true in some cases, but there is nothing to suggest it was not ment to be taken literally in this scenerio.

Except for the ambiguity of the scenario in question. All we actually see is Wolverine charging forward, with his upper body twisted in a “Imma about to gut you” stance, with bullets whizzing by him.

He then proceeds to get shot twice later on in the same page. So much for those "side-stepping abilities" of his helping him out there.
DD states it as a fact not a question nor with any doubt. Is DD prone to making falses statements? Nope.

Is he immune to using hyperbole either? No.

It does when on that very pannel some one is stating that the person is dodging the bullets.

Do you always automatically take every thing you read at face-value like this?

I’ve seen Batman avoid gunfire that was supposedly him dodging the bullets, but was really him dodging the aim. I’ve seen Colossus get very close to getting shot when bullets whizzed right by just inches from his face. I’ve seen a group of ordinary, normal citizens manage to duck down just in time to avoid bullets flying by where they were just standing.

I don’t chalk any of those moments to bullet-timing either, despite the people actually avoid getting shot like that.
It not though.

Yes, it is. Pretty much every thing you listed as to how Wolverine could dodge a bullet is all fine and dandy, but doesn’t automatically pertain to this particular moment.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2008 08:00 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Hyperbole is when something is stated to have happen after it did such as sentry beating galactus. This is happening during the event and there no need for a hyperbole about a fact. Logan can and does dodge bullets.

Hyperbole is exaggeration, which is exactly what would a describe a moment where a person manages to avoid being shot by a bullet and is automatically listed as dodging said bullet.

............GI Joes hit there targets all the time...........guessing your not a fan of there comics.

No, I'm not. From what I remember of them though, they couldn't hit shit.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2008 08:02 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Accel
Except for the ambiguity of the scenario in question. All we actually see is Wolverine charging forward, with his upper body twisted in a “Imma about to gut you” stance, with bullets whizzing by him.

Actaully if he was not trying to dodge the bullets he would have ran straight in body not twisted in such angles. Not to mention the fact that if two bullets hurt him so much, why would he risk charging as you say? If he was not planning on dodging the bullets you say……….you actually believe Logan thought bushwacker would simply miss him…….come on now. His stances and twist was clearly to dodge the firer which is shown wizzing by him, if he charged as he normally does not twist he would have been shot long before he made it that closes. He was clearly shown to be dodging the firer and the statement by DD proves it.

He then proceeds to get shot twice later on in the same page. So much for those "side-stepping abilities" of his helping him out there.

From point blank. He not perfect he makes mistakes. Also the shot only clip his shoulder and if you look he attempting to dodge it, look at the angle of his body. Also as for the second shot, he on top of bushwacker there really no way to dodge that closes and even still only a single bullet hits him and he able to avoid the rest.

Is he immune to using hyperbole either? No.

No, but he not known for it which means it very unlikely it was a hyperbole.

Do you always automatically take every thing you read at face-value like this?

Yes, it is. Pretty much every thing you listed as to how Wolverine could dodge a bullet is all fine and dandy, but doesn’t automatically pertain to this particular moment.

Nope, but when the character stating it hardly ever hyperbole. When The fact the character states it as a fact. When we then see the bullets missing him. It clearly implied that he dodged it.

It does though. Becuases if he can and has there no reason to assume he not when a character such as DD who has the ability to know if he is or not states that he is. Not to mention the fact that it was clearly the writer intent that logan was dodging the bullet.

Hyperbole is exaggeration, which is exactly what would a describe a moment where a person manages to avoid being shot by a bullet and is automatically listed as dodging said bullet.

Not the same thing. Becuases it not an exaggeration for Logan who has the ability to dodge bullets to do so. It well within his power.

He acknowledge as dodging the bullet becauses it was stated, shown and is within his ability to do so.

No, I'm not. From what I remember of them though, they couldn't hit shit.

Well your memory must be faulty, becuases comic book GI JOE’s kill a lot of people

Old Post Mar 25th, 2008 08:38 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

It clearly implied that he dodged it.

That’s just it though; it’s not “clear” at all. Our only implications are that DD’s statements and the positioning of Logan’s charge towards Bushwacker.

On the other hand, like I’ve been trying to convince you, not every thing offhand comment is meant to be taken at face-value, even Matt’s who could just as easily be referring to the bullets missing Wolverine more so than Wolverine actually side-stepping them. Neither that nor the positioning of his upper torso actually proves that Wolverine was actually reacting faster than a bullet or that it was the writer’s intent, regardless of any other times he may have done so.

It’s obvious I’m not going to change your mind on the matter, Capt, but I doubt I’m the only one who questions the of the feat itself.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2008 11:59 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

That’s just it though; it’s not “clear” at all.

it clearlier then most. Any feat can be argued in the manner you are speaking. Same could be used for any character including dd, spiderman ect.

Our only implications are that DD’s statements and the positioning of Logan’s charge towards Bushwacker.

which is more then most feats have going for them.

not to mention Logan did not charge like that in the arc unless shot at.

On the other hand, like I’ve been trying to convince you, not every thing offhand comment is meant to be taken at face-value,[/B][/QUOTE]
this is true, however this is not one of thoses times. Most comments that are not ment at faces value are when the character is not actually doing the event. Nor do they have a character such as DD who can clearly confirm what they are stating.

even Matt’s who could just as easily be referring to the bullets missing Wolverine more so than Wolverine actually side-stepping them.

......Matt now reverces to bullets missing some one as them dodging it? Come on man you can't be serous.

Neither that nor the positioning of his upper torso actually proves that Wolverine was actually reacting faster than a bullet or that it was the writer’s intent, regardless of any other times he may have done so.

Well the writter did have DD state he was dodging them, and he was running at the gun man not jumping to the side. Not to mention it machine gun firer and the way he charged in it would not be possiable unless you could actually react to the bullets.

also your arguement could go both ways. I mean DD stated Logan got shot, given your arguement it must mean logan was not shot.

I mean if we can't take DD word that logan dodge the bullets I guess we can't take his word that logan got shot.

It’s obvious I’m not going to change your mind on the matter, Capt, but I doubt I’m the only one who questions the of the feat itself.

of courses it question by others it a wolverine feat no matter how stone cold a feat of wolverines is it will all ways be question.

also no one argueing for wolverine presented this scann, it was presented by the opposition.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2008 12:15 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Good God. Seriously, good God.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2008 03:56 AM
Deadline

Good God. Seriously, good God.

Whats there to good god about? One of your points is that Bushwacker has incredibly bad aim. Ok why would Bushwacker have incredibly bad aim?

1. Hes a trained marksman
2. Hes has a bionic arm!!!!!!

How is somebody like that going to have bad aim? erm Furthermore its been stated that Wolverine basically has enhanced reflexes so ts very possible for him to be doding the bullets.

The fact that Wolverine got shot afterwards doesnt prove that he was aim dodging the shooter it could dman well be argued that he was so close it was hard for him to dodge bullets at that range.

Yes I understand whay hyperbole means and yes its possible that he could ave been aim doddging but to be quite frank theres nothing to indicate that he wasnt dodging bullets especially when:

1. Bushwacker has training and a bionic arm (which therefore makes it difficult to aim dodge)
2. Wolverine has enhanced reflexes.
3. Just because it looks like he running doesnt mean he didnt try to sidestep the bullets. I dunno man I think the reason why DD said that "he was dodging the bullets", was meant to indicate this.
4. This aint GI.Joe. This is Bushwacker. Maybe you should give us more examples of Bushwacker missing things so we can get your point.

Last edited by Deadline on Mar 26th, 2008 at 09:36 AM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2008 09:34 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolverine2006
X-man

this thread needs to be redone with nothing but scans too many posts and it makes it really hard to actually go through stuff, very unorganized.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2008 10:22 PM
Wolverine2006 is currently offline Click here to Send Wolverine2006 a Private Message Find more posts by Wolverine2006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vally-Doosh
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is why Wolverine doesn't dodge attacks...

shifty

(please log in to view the image)

Jason says:
what am I supposed to do?
Jon says:
clean your apt before she moves in? buy some pink bed sheets? scented candles?
Jason says:
wait, u have pink bed sheets?
Jon says:
ive said too much

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 01:22 AM
Vally-Doosh is currently offline Click here to Send Vally-Doosh a Private Message Find more posts by Vally-Doosh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ize19

Originally posted by Ha-Son

shifty

Lol. That reminds me of Fallen Son, when Wolverine brings Daredevil with him to "interrogate" Crossbones, ostensibly to tell Wolverine when he's lying, but really so that, if Crossbones took the gun Wolverine had brought along and tried to shoot him with it, Daredevil could serve as a witness that Wolverine had killed him in "self-defense" laughing .

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 02:55 PM
Ize19 is currently offline Click here to Send Ize19 a Private Message Find more posts by Ize19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Ha-Son

shifty

I love that little grin on his face after parker says "Just so you have an excuse."

laughing.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 04:19 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Oh well.....

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 04:43 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

K guys, I've finally got the resolve and the materials I needed to finish this damned ravamp thread on my own. So, for the next several weeks I'm going to try and buckle down to get this thing kicked off.. Hopefully it can be finished by then, possibly not, but above it all, I AM finishing this damned thing soon! It's days of haunting me are over!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 02:39 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Old Post May 18th, 2008 01:32 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by jinzin
K guys, I've finally got the resolve and the materials I needed to finish this damned ravamp thread on my own. So, for the next several weeks I'm going to try and buckle down to get this thing kicked off.. Hopefully it can be finished by then, possibly not, but above it all, I AM finishing this damned thing soon! It's days of haunting me are over!
It's been over 6 weeks.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 08:14 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Badabing
It's been over 6 weeks.

Yeah!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 08:15 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

If I had to guess I'd say should be up soon. Jinzin has done an amazing job gathering all the scans and he should be commended! All blame for the lateness for this respect thread falls squarely on my shoulders... I'm an ass (Although... if you guys had any idea the kind of shit my family and I had to deal with this, you'd understand)

Anyway... I've seen the respect thread (it's in my PM inbox right now; who's jealous?) so just be patient, Jinzin will deliver and knock your socks off.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 08:35 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
If I had to guess I'd say should be up soon. Jinzin has done an amazing job gathering all the scans and he should be commended! All blame for the lateness for this respect thread falls squarely on my shoulders... I'm an ass (Although... if you guys had any idea the kind of shit my family and I had to deal with this, you'd understand)

Anyway... I've seen the respect thread (it's in my PM inbox right now; who's jealous?) so just be patient, Jinzin will deliver and knock your socks off.
I hope everything turned out okay with your personal stuff. I can't wait to see the new thread.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 12:40 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roleplay

I love this thread so much. Thank you for keeping it organized and updated.

I'm a member of Roleplay Adventures.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2008 12:16 AM
roleplay is currently offline Click here to Send roleplay a Private Message Find more posts by roleplay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DrDoomsday-360
Sentrydrawsthorsblood-3

superman can't beat everybody it depends on who he is fighting.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 09:23 AM
DrDoomsday-360 is currently offline Click here to Send DrDoomsday-360 a Private Message Find more posts by DrDoomsday-360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote