KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Street-Level Tournament: Planning Phase

Street-Level Tournament: Planning Phase
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zachrivard
sounds like its gonna be a fun tournament

smile

It will be.

But before I was running it I had a few combos that were extremely badass, so without me it won't be as cool...hehe. I even had a freakin' picture of him on Photoshop (my picks were so obscure I was that confident I'd get them)...I'll have to unveil it at some point just for the hell of it.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 12:05 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by K Von Doom
Wouldn't it be easier to post the picks here? I don't think knowing which characters the other posters are drafting is going to make any difference anyway. It'll save a lot of to and fro.

Well, it'll keep people from trying to make a team to go directly against someone elses team.

Kinda like if someone sees another guy, they pick someone with the other guy's direct weakness with intent of taking him out.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 12:07 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Wouldn't it be easier to post the picks here? I don't think knowing which characters the other posters are drafting is going to make any difference anyway. It'll save a lot of to and fro.

Yeah, but what this does is not let everyone know other peoples' teams. You'll know who is chosen, but not who is paired with who, so it will be harder to form strategies for certain amalgams.

Also, last tournament some picks were direct responses to someone else's earlier pick(s). This way it should cut down on creating teams specifically designed to take another team out, and create a bigger need for just making solid, well-rounded an/or powerful amalgams.

It'll take longer and be a bit more complicated, but we'll try it. If I hate it after Round 1 we may switch, but I'd like to see how it turns out.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 12:09 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zachrivard
Kratos

is iceman ok to pick? when r we gonna have the sign up?

Dr. Polaris," Arent you gonna wash your hands?" Lex Luthor,"........No, Cause I'm Evil." thanks to digi for the sig

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 12:21 AM
zachrivard is currently offline Click here to Send zachrivard a Private Message Find more posts by zachrivard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

I'm thinking this might happen:

KVD: I pick Spiderman

Digi: He's taken, pick another

KVD: I pick Black Panther

KVD: I pick Wolverine

KVD: I pick Taskmaster

KVD:... I withdraw embarrasment But that's just me

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 12:23 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I'm thinking this might happen:

KVD: I pick Spiderman

KVD: I pick Black Panther

KVD: I pick Wolverine

KVD: I pick Taskmaster

KVD:... I withdraw embarrasment But that's just me

Point taken. Hopefully it will go more like this...

3 people: I pick Spiderman/Deathstroke/Wolverine

*Digi posts it in the thread. KVD looks at the thread and sees that.*

KVD: Ok, then I pick Taskmaster.

Digi: Cool.

I'll try to keep up with it as much as possible so it runs smoothly. But like I said, if it works more like your scenario and it's frustrating, I'll switch it for Round 2/3.

-DM

P.S. Iceman is not ok. Current Iceman is way too powerful, and any incarnation can be said to be beyond the limits. And sign-ups will be next Sunday...I suppose I should set a time. We'll go with 12 Noon, Eastern Standard Time (U.S.). Scoobless is assured a spot, but the first 15 to sign up will be in. Others can sign up afterwards as alternates (that's how I got in the last tourney).

Last edited by Digi on Aug 15th, 2005 at 12:57 AM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 12:53 AM
zachrivard
Kratos

taskmaster? will someone post a bio?

Dr. Polaris," Arent you gonna wash your hands?" Lex Luthor,"........No, Cause I'm Evil." thanks to digi for the sig

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 01:51 AM
zachrivard is currently offline Click here to Send zachrivard a Private Message Find more posts by zachrivard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by zachrivard
taskmaster? will someone post a bio?

http://www.taskmastersite.com/TaskmasterSite.htm

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 01:53 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

i wanna do it!!! but i wont be back for a while . . sad
i want amalgam/no flight/i like the idea of having 3 minds in one body it makes the tourney alot more interesting in my opinion. a lot more to consider. and i think its too easy to let someone have the mind of deathstroke with the experience of batman and daredevil. dd and ds would probably disagree in the way that they fight so only the part of the amalgam that is familiar with precog would do certain things while the part of the amalgam that knows how to use hightened sences and radar would do certain things.

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 05:37 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Plus the moral differences would be a problem for some. The mind of Superman (just an example) would not work at all with the mind of Dr. Doom. Doom's evil, Superman is pretty insufferably good. Digi also brought up Thor and Loki. It forces people to not only find powers that work together, but mindsets as well.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 05:45 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are shields ok in this tourney?
TK shields and such?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 06:02 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

The characters will be schizophrenic? Or work the way the old Firestorm did with Raymond and the Professor?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 10:35 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

I think we should have one mind in charge, but with the experience/memories necessary to put their powers and abilities to full use. Unlike with Evangel's tournament, having our amalgams have complete control over all the abilities given them doesn't mean they become incredibly godlike and borderline unstoppable, it just allows them to be more effective fighters with these new skills.

Last edited by Khellendros on Aug 15th, 2005 at 03:12 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 03:09 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Hmm...no, I did away with the schizo mind-stuff, even though it would make picking a bit more difficult. One mind, all experiences of the three. You still have to choose a 'body' like the last tourney, but the mind is taken care of.

And telekinesis? Seems suspect considering everything else we're banning (phasing, invisibility, flight, etc.). So good question LP, but no TK (unless there's a ton of support for it, but I doubt that).

And just to post it again...sign-up thread will be up at 12 Noon Eastern Standard Time next Sunday.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 03:40 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

the sign up should only take an hour or so.... probably..... so will the drafts start as soon as it finishes?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 06:25 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

yea, we can't have signups going for hours, but what if I'm in NewYork and I can't find a comp. (hmm... newyork, no computers... funny, its like a cold hell... lol)? could I pm you a litle early, Digi? I'd like to compete, but I can't always be online when I want.
So... I'm kinda confuzled... you choose three guys to fight, each amalgamatons? I'm sorry, I'm kinda disoriented and not really able to put together the bits and pieces of ules that have been astablished. I know the banned abilities, but that all.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 06:52 PM
Lord-of-Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Lord-of-Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-of-Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

you pick three characters and jam all their abilities into one of their bodies with one of their minds

it's pretty simple.... but i could probably guarantee most people that they wont get all their first choice characters

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 07:00 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Hmm...no, I did away with the schizo mind-stuff, even though it would make picking a bit more difficult. One mind, all experiences of the three. You still have to choose a 'body' like the last tourney, but the mind is taken care of.

And telekinesis? Seems suspect considering everything else we're banning (phasing, invisibility, flight, etc.). So good question LP, but no TK (unless there's a ton of support for it, but I doubt that).

And just to post it again...sign-up thread will be up at 12 Noon Eastern Standard Time next Sunday.

1) When did we agree on no invisibility? I think limited invisibility would be fine, considering most street levelers have ways of helping them notice limited invisibility.

2) I think the sign-up thread should be on a weekday night, because some of us aren't home on weekends.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 07:45 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidus Snake
The General

so can we have say the body of hawkeye with the fighting experience of batman?

we all know that hawkeyes body isnt trained teh same way bats is. and at a moments notice will never be able to do batmans feats.

so if hawkeyes body had a special adaption that i liked but wanted batmans skills to go with it, could i do that?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 07:59 PM
Solidus Snake is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

I thought the mind had all the knowledge of all the characters it is, so Batyboy would know his limits, Snake.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 08:51 PM
Lord-of-Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Lord-of-Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-of-Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote