KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Fantastic Four versus Classic Juggernaut

Fantastic Four versus Classic Juggernaut
Started by: masterbruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wynndar
ThunderCat

*Shrug*

So all the low showing of Juggernaut mean nothing but PIS eh? U cant objectively look at his career. Juggernaut getting beat is not a "new idea" He's been getting stopped, moved, and beaten his whole career. Thing sucks cuz he got knocked down by Juggernaut...yet Colossus knocked Jugs on his ass and it wasn't PIS? And Colossus is superior to Thing? See where I get the sense of pro-X-Men bias?

Everyone has the opportunity to subjectively observe Juggernaut's career. He has lost in almost each of his appearances, even as a hero. Eventually u have to except its not PIS...I consider it PIS when he does something impressive.

Anyway thanks for at least listening to some of my examples and argument like Nimrod. Even though there's no reason for me to disbelieve Nimrod or any other high-tech kicking his ass. Jugs had his flesh ripped away in one instance of his career in a mystical realm against D'Spayre a mystical being who's powers are generally of the reality warping/illusion type.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 02:42 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warmonger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wynndar
exploding oil tanker does not reach the temperature of a star. Molten Lava? Torch's normal surface temperature VAPORIZES iron.

I'm desperately clinging? Why all this defamiting language? I'm talking about facts...If i wanted to get highly opinionated I would point out the fact that Jugs routinely loses to crime fighters like Spiderman and the X-Men while the F4 four fight space gods like the celestials.

Juggernaut was beaten by Nimrod, rather easily, by having his synapses dislocated. IW can place a forcefield in his nervous system...she could also destroy his brain but thats no fun.

IW could also turn his eyes invisible...then he would be blind...and even worse at h2h.

IW could make her and her teammates invisible...whats Jugs going to do then? use his heat seeking/dna detecting/sonic radar powers to find them?

IW's powers have shattered Exitar the Celestials armor, blasted a gaping hole in Galactus' chest, mystically protected or not, Juggernaut is going to be hard pressed to resist hyperspace itself.

The Torch has blasted a hole through the Earth into the core and expaned the planet...he can destroy the whole environment Juggernaut is working with.

Juggernaut was hurt when Nightcrawler hit him in the face with a torch in their first fight. He was utterly thrashed by Onslaught and turned into a coward. He was tought how to fly by Hulk. He was punched in his stomach, fell to his knees and was knocked out by a psionic backlash of the Hulk's. He was nearly killed by Nimrod. Juugernaut is not unstoppable...he has been beaten in almost every comic book he's appeared in.

I didn't think it was insulting but if it was then I retract the words.

This doesn't change the outcome.

There is far more evidence to support the belif that Juugernatu is indeed fireproof. While you only have one inceidnet, where he didn't acually show any sign of being hurt except for what he said, to say that he can be hurt by fire. Meaning you think Torch's flames cna become hot enough but that isn't based on anything while the belif that Juggs is immune to flame is based onhis feats.

Now Juugernat has with stood the Godblast that shattered a celestial sheild and sent Galactus packing for his life, without a scratch and that is a Mystical Attack, which he actaully has some vulnerabilty to unlike Torch's entiely psycial attack. So it is safe to say that if the God blast which has done things comparable to what Sue and Johhny have done wiht the maximum use of their powers is it not safe to say then that the powers would only slightly affect him?

Nimrod would own the Fantastic Four, in a no prep fight. Reed would be the only one of use there but that is neither here nor there. He took vision sticking his hand into his head so I don't see why sue's focefield would be any different.

As for the Hulk, the hulk doesn't have any psychic powers so how could he get hurt by a psychic backlash from the Hulk? Mayhaps you have your facts mistaken?

The Hulk got knocked the **** out by Juggernaut, it just took him a couple more hits than it did to knock out Thing. The most Hulk ever did was toss him around or kncok him down but the Hulk never knocked him out under hsi own power.

Of course he isn't unstoppable, its hyperbole because he has been stopped on occasion, this doesn't hlep the Fantastic Four any though. How do you even know that Sue's force feilds could get through to juggernat's eyse or Brain? You don't. Who cares if Storm Blows up the planet Juggernaut doesn't can survive in space. They all turn invisible? Foot stomp or Handclap and Sue's force feilds colapse from the backlash.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 02:51 PM
Warmonger is currently offline Click here to Send Warmonger a Private Message Find more posts by Warmonger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Beating Juggernaut is a very specific task. I don't see the FF having the tools to pull it off. You pretty much need psionic power to do it, which is a big, gaping hole in the FF's arsenal.

While the neural disruptor is not PIS, IMO, I will say that ever being burned or melted or whatever is, given all the evidence to the contrary. I'll chalk that up to Juggernaut not having his forcefield activated, which he'll most certainly have for this fight.

Sue, by the way, couldn't replicated what Nimrod did. Juggernaut is immune to physical attacks. While it's good thinking that Sue could disrupt Juggernaut's nervous system, it would be a physical attack simulating a neurological attack....it wouldn't work the way an actual neurological attack would.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 02:53 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

This site gives a good explanition of Classic Juggs powers. Looking at them, I just can't see the FF even scratching this guy no

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 03:07 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 03:07 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Nimrod hurt Jugs with tight beam sonics and then paralyzed him with a synapsis dislocator which apparently intercepted the electrochemical impulses in his central nerve system...both physical attacks.

F4 go invisible and the fight goes no where.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 03:12 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Nimrod hurt Jugs with tight beam sonics and then paralyzed him with a synapsis dislocator which apparently intercepted the electrochemical impulses in his central nerve system...both physical attacks.

I can buy Nimrod figuring out a way to hurt Juggs as he was designed to hunt down mutants (I suppose even mutants with mystical powers) and is the most advanced sentinel ever made. But I can't see the FF being able to figure out a way to hurt Juggs in the middle of a fight. Give Reed some prep time and enough info on how Juggs powers work and maybe they could think of something. I think dealing with a pissed off Juggernaut will be a little too distracting.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 03:22 PM
demigawd
Board Scientist

It was the sonics specifically that screwed up his synapses. Because Juggernaut can hear, his ears are sensitive to sound vibrations, meaning he's vulnerable to that kind of technique. Sue's fields can't replicate sonics.

I contend that Juggernaut can take down the FF with a sonic attack far more readily than vice-versa. And Sue is also vulnerable to it since she can hear as well.

quote:

Well that's a silly draw, isn't it?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 03:25 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

He probably has already thought of something...the F4 already have strategies for fighting most everyone they know exist, i.e. when they fought Aron (Much more powerful than Juggernaut).

And um...Juggernaut is not a mutant...jus so u know embarrasment

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 03:26 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

F4 go invisible and the fight goes no where. [/B][/QUOTE]

yea, hiding in fear should count as a loss, shouldn't it?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 03:27 PM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

They could be invisble and fight and just fight him until they get tired and take him out of the environment....they still win.

Thing and Torch and Kristoff fought Aron it was no prep but they already had a contingency plan for it...then Aron pulled a bunch of characters out of the timestream against them: weaklings like psychoman and wizard, up to powerhouses like Hulk, Gladiator, Silver Surfer, Anihilus, and Dr. Doom. Aron was disguised as Uatu at the time. Uatu is their Watcher Ally. So if the F4 have a plan to fight one of their allies who is a serious cosmic powerhouse nearly as old as the universe...I think they have a contingency plan to fight an Earth villain who robs banks and got beat by Spiderman.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 03:34 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

They could be invisble and fight and just fight him until they get tired and take him out of the environment....they still win.

Thing and Torch and Kristoff fought Aron it was no prep but they already had a contingency plan for it...then Aron pulled a bunch of characters out of the timestream against them: weaklings like psychoman and wizard, up to powerhouses like Hulk, Gladiator, Silver Surfer, Anihilus, and Dr. Doom. Aron was disguised as Uatu at the time. Uatu is their Watcher Ally. So if the F4 have a plan to fight one of their allies who is a serious cosmic powerhouse nearly as old as the universe...I think they have a contingency plan to fight an Earth villain who robs banks and got beat by Spiderman.

Hey Spiderman beat Firelord TOO!!!!! miffed

Juggernaut was a villian and (like other villians) mostly used as connon fodder to be beaten by the top line superheroes, so I don't hold it against him. I'm not saying that the FF are pushovers but looking at Classic Juggs powers and theirs, I just don't see how they could beat him without PIS or ultimate de-jugger-fier. If they had a psi user on their team, I think they would have a shot, but they lack the ability to exploit his main weakness

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 03:40 PM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Juggernauts weakness: unresourceful, slow, regular senses, no flight, no intelligence, no strategy, no energy projection...

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 03:43 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Juggernauts weakness: unresourceful, slow, regular senses, no flight, no intelligence, no strategy, no energy projection...

True, but can anyone think of a way that the FF could expolit thoes and actually beat Classic Juggs?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 03:49 PM
demigawd
Board Scientist

He probably has already thought of something...the F4 already have strategies for fighting most everyone they know exist, i.e. when they fought Aron (Much more powerful than Juggernaut).

And um...Juggernaut is not a mutant...jus so u know embarrasment

When did I say he was a mutant???

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 03:55 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

And, realistically, they couldn't have a fighting stragety MEMORIZED for everyone they know. It might be in a computer file in the Baxter Building but thats not going to do a hell of a lot of good.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 03:58 PM
demigawd
Board Scientist

The idea that the FF has a contingency plan for fighting every villain is complete conjecture and doesn't mean anything if the plan isn't put into effect. Black Panther says he has a plan to fight and defeat Galactus - no joke. But I don't take it seriously until I see it. The X-men have programmed and fought against every villain in their Danger Room and have said they have plans against everybody too. But until it happens, I don't buy that, either. So I likewise won't buy it with the Fantastic Four. I mean, what's their no-prep plan for fighting the Shadow King? And I can't possibly see how they could have a plan for fight Uatu, who could pretty much snap them out of existence.

Unless the plan consists of running and screaming.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 03:59 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Originally posted by demigawd
The idea that the FF has a contingency plan for fighting every villain is complete conjecture and doesn't mean anything if the plan isn't put into effect. Black Panther says he has a plan to fight and defeat Galactus - no joke. But I don't take it seriously until I see it. The X-men have programmed and fought against every villain in their Danger Room and have said they have plans against everybody too. But until it happens, I don't buy that, either. So I likewise won't buy it with the Fantastic Four. I mean, what's their no-prep plan for fighting the Shadow King? And I can't possibly see how they could have a plan for fight Uatu, who could pretty much snap them out of existence.

Unless the plan consists of running and screaming.

laughing Amen

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 04:03 PM
Putar
Battle Juggerpope!

Thing sucks cuz he got knocked down by Juggernaut...yet Colossus knocked Jugs on his ass and it wasn't PIS? And Colossus is superior to Thing? See where I get the sense of pro-X-Men bias?

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever Happened. ever...

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2006 05:48 PM
Putar is currently offline Click here to Send Putar a Private Message Find more posts by Putar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote