KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Wonder man

Respect Wonder man
Started by: bakerboy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Superman XX5

Last edited by Superman XX5 on Nov 13th, 2008 at 11:49 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 11:46 PM
Superman XX5 is currently offline Click here to Send Superman XX5 a Private Message Find more posts by Superman XX5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superman XX5

impressive

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 11:59 PM
Superman XX5 is currently offline Click here to Send Superman XX5 a Private Message Find more posts by Superman XX5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superman XX5

Considering it had a mountain on it.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 12:05 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

It's not as impressive as it seems.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 12:12 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UKR
Restricted

Account Restricted

I never liked Wonder Man. Not his costume, personality, plot, background, history, story, etc. I never liked him getting his power from ions. I just don't think he's that great. The character could've been better tho I'm not sure how.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 12:29 PM
UKR is currently offline Click here to Send UKR a Private Message Find more posts by UKR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
geodoc

He's just written badly. When up to par (as in Avengers/Invaders), he shruggs off everything thrown at him. When written badly (the way he was pounded by hercules) it doesn't make sense. At their first meeting Herc gave him the gift and wondy shrugged it off. He hit herc so hard it reminded him of Thor. I think he would lose to herc, but not so easily.

He needs to be written to his potential. He shuold be the strong man for Mighty Avengers period. I hope they do something for him there which I think is what bendis promised.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 07:08 PM
geodoc is currently offline Click here to Send geodoc a Private Message Find more posts by geodoc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chaossentry

The thread for the respect on Hollywood version of simon williams is a non-functioning link.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 11:24 PM
chaossentry is currently offline Click here to Send chaossentry a Private Message Find more posts by chaossentry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 10:39 AM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
geodoc

Hopefully Disney will do him justice as e looks great in earts migtiest eroes

Old Post Apr 15th, 2011 08:57 PM
geodoc is currently offline Click here to Send geodoc a Private Message Find more posts by geodoc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KYJelly
Restricted

Account Restricted

The master edition bio is out of date and he is nearly as smat an inventor as Tony Stark so his intelligence is higher than normal, more like gifted or genius. Damn handbooks!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2011 09:27 PM
KYJelly is currently offline Click here to Send KYJelly a Private Message Find more posts by KYJelly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

^

Old Post Apr 15th, 2011 10:06 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kakuzu
A new heart I see!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
That blast/hammer shot looks like it had more power to it than the one Supes got hit with.

I also agree that WM would win the majority of H2H bouts with Thor.

The crossover was horribly though, What hit Superman should have killed him not just tickled him, As for the fight, Thor was holding back. He admits that several times in those comics he just doesnt' go around killing people. Put the same one over there who was throwing enough power to smash planets an you probably wont' get the same result no offense on wonder man part.

Old Post May 14th, 2011 05:05 PM
kakuzu is currently offline Click here to Send kakuzu a Private Message Find more posts by kakuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kakuzu
A new heart I see!!

Originally posted by geodoc
He's just written badly. When up to par (as in Avengers/Invaders), he shruggs off everything thrown at him. When written badly (the way he was pounded by hercules) it doesn't make sense. At their first meeting Herc gave him the gift and wondy shrugged it off. He hit herc so hard it reminded him of Thor. I think he would lose to herc, but not so easily.

He needs to be written to his potential. He shuold be the strong man for Mighty Avengers period. I hope they do something for him there which I think is what bendis promised.

He is be you have to understand the gods of marvel were originally written to be stronger than those people on earth, and same for cosmic beings. Read Stanless idea on gods and why and how he created them. Although WM is strong and one of the avengers heavy hitters, he was never meant to be on Hercules, Thors, gladiator level, thats why they kept saying in the early years so much "Just below Thor".

Old Post May 14th, 2011 05:12 PM
kakuzu is currently offline Click here to Send kakuzu a Private Message Find more posts by kakuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by kakuzu
The crossover was horribly though, What hit Superman should have killed him not just tickled him, As for the fight, Thor was holding back. He admits that several times in those comics he just doesnt' go around killing people. Put the same one over there who was throwing enough power to smash planets an you probably wont' get the same result no offense on wonder man part.

it should have killed him? based on what? Honestly think you are severally underestimating Superman if you think a hammer throw from Thor should "Kill him".

Old Post May 14th, 2011 09:00 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fanboy

I heard he lifted Mjolnir anyone got pictures?

Old Post May 16th, 2011 06:43 PM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

It happened once in an old Marvel Comics Presents issue but Thor's power was added to his own -a long with Captain America, Wasp and Iron Man I believe- making him a God. He was all Star-like similar to Eternity etc. Once Thor started regaining his strength, Mjolnir flew back to it's owner.

Old Post May 16th, 2011 11:39 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kakuzu
A new heart I see!!

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
it should have killed him? based on what? Honestly think you are severally underestimating Superman if you think a hammer throw from Thor should "Kill him".

Its a magical weapon, Thors hammer can go through nearly anything, Superman is weak against magic being thrown by marvels strongest hero. I should have said it right. If thor wanted to it should have killed him, but under regular circumstances it should have hurt him badly, if magical lighting can hurt him why not a magical hammer?

Old Post May 31st, 2011 02:17 AM
HulkIsHulk

Why is the arkon fight images 404ing?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 07:35 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ryu750

Last edited by ryu750 on May 9th, 2015 at 07:58 PM

Old Post May 9th, 2015 07:51 PM
ryu750 is currently offline Click here to Send ryu750 a Private Message Find more posts by ryu750 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote