KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Hey all

Hey all
Started by: Boltic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Boltic

Hey all

Hello i'm all new to comics and i'm looking for few good comic books to start me off smile So far from what i read i like Thor, Silver Surfer, Astonishing X-men, Hulk and Superman, Green Lantern there are others which i cant remember. And if u guys know any good comic book novels kinda like Kingdom Come or some good story arcs smile Thx for help !

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 02:46 PM
Boltic is currently offline Click here to Send Boltic a Private Message Find more posts by Boltic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

You should check out Brubaker's Captain America run so far. I believe it was just collected into a TPB, very good stuff. He made Cap interesting again, and not a self righteous boyscout.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 03:37 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

Thor dissembled
defenders miniseires
stormbreaker
she hulk: superhuman law

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 04:02 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Just Superhuman law? All of the She-Hulk series. And the new one coming out this fall. And anything Dan Slott has ever written, get the Great Lakes Avengers (GLA) mini-series.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 04:45 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Get the Hercules minis. Doesnt matter if its was the last one or the frst ones in the 80`s by Bob Layton. Its all good fun. If you are into vertigo stuff get Lucifer and Sandman.

Recent Flash run by Johns its amazing too. About the rest all the titles already mentioned, are worth a reading.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 05:18 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

tell truth: Young Avengers is pretty hot, ... it's been out since February, but if you are rich enough... it's a pretty fine read. And I'm enjoying the new Black Panther...
Welcome to comics, homy, maybe you'll dwell in the vs section, and take a couple beating from the Lord of all things sleepy. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 05:32 PM
Lord-of-Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Lord-of-Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-of-Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord-of-Dreams
tell truth: Young Avengers is pretty hot, ... it's been out since February, but if you are rich enough... it's a pretty fine read. And I'm enjoying the new Black Panther...
Welcome to comics, homy, maybe you'll dwell in the vs section, and take a couple beating from the Lord of all things sleepy. stick out tongue

and recieve enlightment from the HigH ScholaR HIMSELF

beer

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 05:39 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

ha!! Ok, I'll give you that one. 'Nuff respect, Scholar. You got my respect, now go off and get some salt (ask one of the older members what I mean lol)

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 06:03 PM
Lord-of-Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Lord-of-Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-of-Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boltic

Thx for the help smile and yes i been reading vs forums but i may not know enough to post there since i dont know all comic book heroes or villians and if i do know some my info is limited. And i'm looking for more resent comics i might check Hercules out since it come out on Feb. And i what to read the comics about parallax, onslaughter and there is this other one about Thonas being the god after he got some cosmic cube or something from what i heard they are pretty good but i dont know what comic issues they are and the names of it. And defenders look pretty cool to what is the name of defenders miniseiers? smile One more thing can someone recommend me to a good online shop for comic books and once again thx again smile

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 06:03 PM
Boltic is currently offline Click here to Send Boltic a Private Message Find more posts by Boltic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

the defenders miniseries is simnply the defenders
thanos cosmic cube thing is old although i recommend - marvel: the end, infinity gauntlet there good also get some "essentials" secret wars ans new silver surfer.

mega city, ebay those are where i get mine i heard of these midland comics, milehigh comics, forbiden planet,

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 07:19 PM
Boltic

Does anyone know the comic when Onslaughter come out about and all heroes were fighting him?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 02:46 PM
HigH ScholaR

er lets see it was

no

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 02:59 PM
HigH ScholaR

onslaught universe somthing like that

he apperared in most of marvel comics just look at issues before 1997 and anything that has the word onslaught on the cover should have something to do with onslaught. mainly avengers and x- men

do you browse the comic vs forum if not you should most s**t happens there.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 03:02 PM
HigH ScholaR

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Boltic
Thx for the help smile and yes i been reading vs forums but i may not know enough to post there since i dont know all comic book heroes or villians and if i do know some my info is limited. And i'm looking for more resent comics i might check Hercules out since it come out on Feb. And i what to read the comics about parallax, onslaughter and there is this other one about Thonas being the god after he got some cosmic cube or something from what i heard they are pretty good but i dont know what comic issues they are and the names of it. And defenders look pretty cool to what is the name of defenders miniseiers? smile One more thing can someone recommend me to a good online shop for comic books and once again thx again smile

oh no i know why you son't browse the vs forum that much

thanos:
infinity gauntlet (1991)
marvel the end (2004)
thanos 1-12

beta ray bill
stormbreaker

silver surfer
1 -14

also get some "essentials", marvel team up, secret wars althoughit is a bit dated

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 03:06 PM
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

and New Avengers is hot. And listen, man. You don't need to collect every comic to be a good debater. I do pretty well, and I only collect a few, plus a stack of old comics. But what I do is I look up my characters. Wikipedia is shockingly good, this site is pretty good too: http://underworld.fortunecity.com/blood/201/marvel/
And of course, who could forget the famous Marvel Directory. And Googling things always brings up new and exciting things.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 05:17 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Id pick up the Dark Phoenix Saga TPB

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 05:23 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

ANSWERS.COM IS GOOD ASWELL

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 05:25 PM
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

true? I'll go check that out. Moonknight apperently has a new bit on its way... should be sweet.
And trust me on this: Old, big stuff is priority. AOA, old spidey, xmen FF avengers, etc... Thats where you'll find the real cooked meat, G!!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 06:12 PM