KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Contact (1997) w/ Jodie Foster

Contact (1997) w/ Jodie Foster
Started by: DineshD

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DineshD

Contact (1997) w/ Jodie Foster

I duno if many people enjoyed this movie but i sure did. I thought in the end they left room for a sequel. There were so many unanswered questions. Why didnt they send someone else or try it again? Did anyone else like this movie? And do any of you think there should be a sequel?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2005 04:30 AM
DineshD is currently offline Click here to Send DineshD a Private Message Find more posts by DineshD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
revolution_man

contact is quite simply one of the most underrated sci fi movies of all time...why this movie wasnt a huge success beats me but i love this movie...it kicks so much ass...

Old Post Aug 20th, 2005 05:35 AM
revolution_man is currently offline Click here to Send revolution_man a Private Message Find more posts by revolution_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

They all thought it was a failure so didnt bother to waste money on a second trip into space...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 20th, 2005 07:07 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

no but at the end like, they realize that it her story was right. it was an awesome movie. i loved it!! ive seen it twice and i think it's very cool with a cool ending. i dunno about a sequel though

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 11:06 PM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

great movie...unfortunately i dont think jodie foster is a good actor in any way and her performance totally shat on the film from a great height...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 11:10 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
great movie...unfortunately i dont think jodie foster is a good actor in any way and her performance totally shat on the film from a great height...

Carl Sagen Idea ruined by Foster I agree totally smile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 08:34 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

you know, jodie foster has that pretty hot-ness. She has that kind of beauty you just want to admire. I'd still work her though, dont get me wrong.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 01:35 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DineshD

That was never one of my original questions... stick out tongue but eww shes gross

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 06:27 PM
DineshD is currently offline Click here to Send DineshD a Private Message Find more posts by DineshD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Maybe not now, but back in the day Jodie was quite the hottie, IMO.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 03:07 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Maybe not now, but back in the day Jodie was quite the hottie, IMO.

if you had said back in the taxi driver days...i would've slapped you

laughing

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 03:22 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

LOL. Naw. Not THAT far back in the day.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 03:37 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I dont know how old this picture is.............but DAMN! Those eyes!

Attachment: jodie.jpg
This has been downloaded 62 time(s).

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 03:41 PM
gls
Holy hell

this was a good movie. u know if steven speilberg was attatched in any possible way to get him in the credits it would've been a huge hit.
but thats how hollywood is *sigh*

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 06:38 PM
gls is currently offline Click here to Send gls a Private Message Find more posts by gls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'm a big fan of Carl Sagan's book. One of my all-time favorite books. I like the movie, too. They obviously had to change a lot to squeeze in the spirit of the book, which they did quite well, but some of Zemeckis' direction was a little goofy in my opinion.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2011 04:19 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mardook
Easier said than done!

I never read the book. I thought the movie and the ideas therein were pretty cool. The wormhole sequences were awesome too as well as the design of the structure. The whole Matthew Macoah ... whatever, is what brought it all down. I could tell that this movie would have done better had they not tried to squirt in a ****ing romance into the story where the two leads had absolutely no chemistry together. David Fincher should have done this movie.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 02:12 PM
mardook is currently offline Click here to Send mardook a Private Message Find more posts by mardook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote