KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Machine War: Matrix (real world) Machines VS Terminator Machines

who will win
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Matrix Machine Forces 24 41.38%
Terminator Machine Forces 24 41.38%
I,Robot Machine Forces 0 0%
Battlestar Galactica Machine Forces 10 17.24%
Total: 58 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Machine War: Matrix (real world) Machines VS Terminator Machines
Started by: XXSPEARHAMMERXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vim
ILFTKYS

Just taking the Sentinel army, and the "Wall of Canons" with the bombs from the matrix and having them take on the Terminator army is pretty wild, but if you were to place it in a setting where the Terminators would have to come at that wall of canons that shoot like bazillions of bombs then ... welll... you'd have yourself a pretty damn good war. My thing is that the Sentinels are pretty damn fast and the Terminator drones don't seem to be all that fast, however, they are tough as hell and have pretty good knowledge of weapons. I think it would all end in stalemate between these two particular groups.

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 11:39 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samle

guys

guys the terminators could just go back in time to stop the sentinals or the others duh

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 04:33 AM
samle is currently offline Click here to Send samle a Private Message Find more posts by samle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I think that The Terminators will win in a land slide. Feel free to send me a private email and debate me more.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 12:28 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doan_m

Are we all forgetting the orbital advantage that the cylons are packing? They could just nuke the entire planet from orbit.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2007 03:18 PM
doan_m is currently offline Click here to Send doan_m a Private Message Find more posts by doan_m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Not about cylons

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 8th, 2007 10:12 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doan_m

then do you care to explain to my why the hell would the BSG machine force even be in this thread in the first place?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 04:24 AM
doan_m is currently offline Click here to Send doan_m a Private Message Find more posts by doan_m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kaiservontexas

Skynet

Skynet would defeat the Matrix civilization. Skynet was designed for war as opposed to the Matrix.

The main difference is that Skynet is impervious to EMP effects. It was designed to withstand all attacks possible at the time of its creation, for Skynet's purpose was to win nuclear combat. Its primary program was to defend US, NATO, and itself. When the US tried to unplug it, Skynet fell back onto survive.

In the mere three decades of war, Skynet reached the ability to use anti-matter for power although limited and used to power time displacement. Due to facing no constraints Skynet kept pushing forward so fast that the resistance fighters after the war would take years upon years to make sense out of it . . .

Nothing in the Matrix advanced that fast, nor had that much capacity.

Also the Matrix has to depend upon humans to exist. Skynet does not need such a relationship. It was designed to survive massive global devastation and keep fighting independent of all humanity.

The Matrix may be protected by forces outside its walls, but Skynet is not stupid. Skynet would just build more weaponry to reach and breach such a fixed fortification. Keep in mind also, it is Skynet because it controls the skies . . . i.e. SDI. So orbital bombardment via lasers is not out of Skynet's ability.

Most likely Skynet would realize from Zion that EMP knocks out the Matrix machines. Once that was noted it would be over in a heartbeat.

As far as hacking each other's AI brains go, who knows . . . but weapon systems and tactics Skynet wins hands down.

I, Robot would be smashed.

The Cylons may be using machine guns as ground pounders, but their space capability far outweighs the other forces. Though in Skynet the Cylons might see a brother.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2007 05:04 AM
kaiservontexas is currently offline Click here to Send kaiservontexas a Private Message Find more posts by kaiservontexas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Terminator forces: no one can beat Arnysmile

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 05:48 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Skynet wins. Too much variety.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 11:08 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

depends, we have no idea how many sentinals there are. The Sentinals from the matrix attacked as one almost as if they were one entity. Even though skynet operates in a similar fashion, each machine has its specific directive. It took the machines only several minutes to push zion to the brink of extinction.
We really do not have much to go on as far as the knowledge of the machines arsenal form the matrix.
from the movies, it seems that a laser is as effective against a sentinal as it is against a t400 terminator. The machines form the matrix seem to be more aware and more cunning than the skynet operating system. It created an entire virtual reality of philosophy and emotion. Skynet has never showed any sense of understanding concepts as human as philosophy. Where the machines of skynet are able to reason tactically, the machine world form the matrix proved to be able to reason on a kind of emotional level.
As far as the machines form the matrix not producing technology on such a rapid scale as skynet. The machines from the matrix did not have to. The humans did not or were not capable of forming such a threatning resistance as the humans in terminator did. Skynet was in a state of constant war with the humans. NO matter how advanced their technology became, the humans were always able to rebel and answer with force. The machines of the matrix had such a death grip over the humans of zion, that a physical retaliation was never even realistic. They had to rely on faith and prophecies from within the matrix to fight. This tells me that the machines of the matrix were so many and so formidable that even if zion had the technology that the humans from terminator had, it would have been useless.
No matter skynets armored vehicle offerings, their weaponry or numbers, i believe skynet would fall. There is nothing saying that if you disconnect the main machine from machine city that the sentinals will shut down. However, take down skynet and the terminators are rendered motionless. This is another advantage for the machines from the matrix. One massive assault on skynet and the war could be over quickly

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Oct 8th, 2007 at 06:48 AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 06:45 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuppMan

sorry for interupting. how come transformers weren't included?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 02:51 PM
SuppMan is currently offline Click here to Send SuppMan a Private Message Find more posts by SuppMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SuppMan
sorry for interupting. how come transformers weren't included?

because transformers are make believe dumbass wink

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 04:06 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuppMan

Oh.. okay. haha. I didn't know.. No wonder my car didn't transform when I pressed that triangle button.. The signal lights just kept flashing.. Makes sense now..

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 02:46 PM
SuppMan is currently offline Click here to Send SuppMan a Private Message Find more posts by SuppMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SuppMan
Oh.. okay. haha. I didn't know.. No wonder my car didn't transform when I pressed that triangle button.. The signal lights just kept flashing.. Makes sense now..

laughing out loud

You could always drop some Lsd before driving. That might make your car transform

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 12:55 AM
bobbi

Yeah, I agree with rageRemorse. The humans in the matrix movie weren't even a threat to the machines so they had no reason to get better defenses or weapons. It was more like they were putting on a show for the humans kinda to cover up that it happened so many times before and that that was their plan (You'd still think they'd remember all the times they got their butt's whooped but whatever)

And they could probably find an alternate fuel source than humans. To be honest that was just a plot device to make the whole matrix universe since u can just use normal fusion to power things quit easily (they said they used some type of fusion with the human batteries too, probably to make it sound a little more feasible) The humans blotted out the sun and they were able to adapt quite well it seems.
If anything it seems the matrix machines were just toying with the humans the entire time and neo was the only actual threat. In terminator the humans offered good resistance starting with basically current day technology. Besides for the whole time travel thing I think matrix machines win based on their causal (and almost mockingly easy) smackdown of the humans.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 07:47 AM
bobbi is currently offline Click here to Send bobbi a Private Message Find more posts by bobbi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
greydrake

It wouldnt really be any contest the cylons (BSG) would just bombard the planet from orbit until there was nothing left but glass (halo style)
command the high ground youl always win.

if they were left out of the loop though it would have to be Terminator the sentinals are not on par with the power those machines could put away. as for ripping them apart the 101 model would be more than capable of ripping several sentinals apart the sentinals limbs by design would be less powerful.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2008 01:00 AM
greydrake is currently offline Click here to Send greydrake a Private Message Find more posts by greydrake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AngryManatee
Sexy Ham Manwich

Putting in my 2 cents. My vote goes with Skynet against the Machines. The sentinels really are quite fragile seeing as how in the fight for zion it really only took one direct hit from those mech's bullet rounds to put'em down, whereas your basic mass produced T800 can be run over or hit multiple times by automobiles (once even by an 18 wheeler), and still function, even when blown in half as per the first Terminator movie. The T850, which was the model in T3, can take even more punishment while dealing out more than the standard 800, as shown by its ability to take a direct plasma blast from the T-X. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of T850s comparable in number to the zion mechs could take out the whole lot.. Also their speed isn't that bad (can run at a constant 22mph) when they are just endoskeleton and no organic covering, because then they're able to use their full range of motion which surpasses the elastic boundary of the organic disguise. Not to mention they're not limited to just the endoskeletons, which were designed primarily to follow the humans underground, you've also got the countless tracked and bipedal/quadripedal HKs (The bipedals of which can run at speeds of up to 90mph) as well as the aerial HKs which can go supersonic when in level flight mode as opposed to hover.

Furthermore, the idea of taking out Skynet= victory is not so. While they can be completely controlled by Skynet for tactical maneuvers and whatnot, each one is able to be set to autonomous-mode, in which it will seek out and fulfill its objective however it chooses so. If they were operated exclusively by Skynet, there would be no need for them to have neural net processors. Whether this extends to the HKs is questionable.

You don't need good rear vision because you're always in front!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 09:23 PM
AngryManatee is currently offline Click here to Send AngryManatee a Private Message Find more posts by AngryManatee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cerran

You guys need to consider the fact that the machines in the Matrix were designed to kill humans. If they were trying to kill terminators, I'd expect they'd use better weapons than little metal pinchers.

Just my 2c.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 07:00 PM
Cerran is currently offline Click here to Send Cerran a Private Message Find more posts by Cerran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joshua1277

The terminators have many diffrent forms. The T-100 can with stand bullets, being shot in the head and smashed to bits. TX could withstand a rocket launccher and every bullet from a mini gun. There super strong smart and fast. They also have better wepons

Old Post Dec 24th, 2008 01:31 AM
Joshua1277 is currently offline Click here to Send Joshua1277 a Private Message Find more posts by Joshua1277 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slav_j

Cool SkyNet Wins Outright...

Yes the sentinels are fast, more manoeuvrable, are armed with lasers and can barely be penetrated by bullets (as seen in Matrix Revolutions), the Matrix machines also have vast forces and seem to be swarming everywhere with their central city guarded by a daunting hosts of giant machines that seem to launch a unstoppable barrage of bombs... from this analysis it would appear that the Terminators and SkyNet are royally screwed...

However I disagree... many people have posted that terminators won’t stand a chance against the sentinels. That the sentinels have thick armour and cannot easily be defeated by chemically exploding projectiles (i.e. bullets), however you might want to note that SkyNet’s Machines do not use bullets... they use advanced plasma weaponry that is designed to cut through metal like a hot knife through butter. Their weapons are also long ranged, and the sentinel’s primary form of combat is to physically get close to their targets so effectively a terminator would easily shoot one out of the sky before it could reach the terminator.

It was also argued that sentinels have laser weaponry too, however they can only fire it in a sweeping motion before having to make a loop again to fire at the same target, and the terminators have the advantage of firing in any direction. Not to mention SkyNet has some near indestructible units such as the T1000, T1000000 and the TX (designed to also control other machines) and has advanced knowledge of infiltration and viruses (viruses are a key weakness in the Matrix system which is the source of the Matrix machines power).

SkyNet is also is a learning computer, with advanced knowledge in tactical warfare. It strategizes its victories, rather unlike the machines in the Matrix movie that would throw about 100,000 bombs at one measly resistance ship (what a waste of resources from a military perspective).

Plus the machine city may appear impenetrable, but SkyNet would easily become aware that there is no need to launch a pointless attack on the city when its energy and harvesting fields are OUTSIDE the city, which is the source of all the power for the Matrix Machines. Those facilities are relatively under defended; if humans can escape safely then I am pretty sure a full strike on the facility would be easily accomplished. Not to mention that a few well placed EMPs would drastically reduce the Matrix Machines Army, while terminators such as the t-1000 would not be effected (because there is not core centralised power distribution system within the t-1000, but relies on is non-metallic technology this means a EMP could possibly not affect them, because of they do not need to recharge fuel cells or source their energy from external factors) which means SkyNet can send waves of t-1000’s holding EMPs and the job is done.

And finally, even if the Matrix Machines won, SkyNet is indestructible... why? Easy, it has its time displacement field, if things go bad, it can always start over and using the knowledge of the previous war... win the next war leaving the Matrix Machines dumbstruck. I can go on talk and talking, but I can’t be stuffed anymore... but bottom line is... SkyNet would whoop the Matrix Machines asses... hands down.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 02:25 AM
slav_j is currently offline Click here to Send slav_j a Private Message Find more posts by slav_j Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote