KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Xmen movies are Wolverine Movies. I HAVE PROOF

Xmen movies are Wolverine Movies. I HAVE PROOF
Started by: PimpXMaster

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

For me, the only parts of X2 I liked were the white house scene, the Cyclops fight, the colossus scene, and any random scene Kelly hu was in. otherwise, meh.

that's the thing that annoys me most about Cyclops, tbh. I love the visor. The optic blast effect. I love the costume design and the coat. they just ****ed up everything else.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2013 12:36 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Best part of X2 was the White House scene and Colossus' 20 seconds.

Originally posted by -Pr-
For me, the only parts of X2 I liked were the white house scene, the Cyclops fight, the colossus scene, and any random scene Kelly hu was in. otherwise, meh.

that's the thing that annoys me most about Cyclops, tbh. I love the visor. The optic blast effect. I love the costume design and the coat. they just ****ed up everything else.

Yeah James Marsden was a good choice for Scott.
Patrick Stewart was perfect.

And they killed them both. Nightcrawler and Colossus were spot on too.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2013 06:23 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by the ninjak
Yeah James Marsden was a good choice for Scott.
Patrick Stewart was perfect.

And they killed them both. Nightcrawler and Colossus were spot on too.

I don't think marsden was a particularly good choice, tbh, but it wasn't just him; the script was crap, and the one scene he was supposed to get (a lengthened fight scene with lady deathstrike) wasn't even shot.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 25th, 2013 02:04 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I don't think marsden was a particularly good choice, tbh, but it wasn't just him; the script was crap, and the one scene he was supposed to get (a lengthened fight scene with lady deathstrike) wasn't even shot.

Who personally would you have thought would've been a good actor to play Cyclops? I thought Marsden suited the role just fine. It was just the script that failed him.

And I didn't know a lengthy fight between Cyke and Deathstrike was in the screenplay. I remember watching the movie and thinking ......damn he went down fast.

Last edited by the ninjak on Mar 26th, 2013 at 06:32 PM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 06:30 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
heathjack

x-men first classc

I highly recommend x-men first class don't got wolverine only one part it only for few minutes.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2013 01:51 AM
heathjack is currently offline Click here to Send heathjack a Private Message Find more posts by heathjack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
timbergirl

I think all the actors in the movie are perfectly chosen for their characters. No one can do better than what they did in the film. The beast is perfect, sexy mystique, the sweet jean grey to phoenix is just genius, from Wolverine to Prof. X to Magneto.. like every one to mention amazing cast! Btw, I also thought the first few films focus on Wolverine until I saw a young Professor and His friend Magneto. Then comes the immortal Wolverine movie! love'em all!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 07:03 AM
timbergirl is currently offline Click here to Send timbergirl a Private Message Find more posts by timbergirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

If you are complaining that the films are too Wolverine centric - they are just reflecting the comics. Wolverine has dominated the X-titles for decades, now. Cyclops is a great character, but not great enough to carry his own series (or multiple series.) This is an old argument.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2013 03:50 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Wolverine hasn't dominated the team books nearly as much as you're saying. In fact, plenty of them have worked perfectly fine with either Wolverine in small roles, or no Wolverine at all.

Cyclops is arguably as centric to the X-Men as Wolverine is, and his representation in the movies was insulting at best in terms of writing and screen time.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2013 03:54 AM
Mindset

X-men is more about Cyclops and his hoes/bastards than any other persons.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2013 09:38 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Wolverine hasn't dominated the team books nearly as much as you're saying. In fact, plenty of them have worked perfectly fine with either Wolverine in small roles, or no Wolverine at all.

Cyclops is arguably as centric to the X-Men as Wolverine is, and his representation in the movies was insulting at best in terms of writing and screen time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolver...en_%28comics%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolver...%28TV_series%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolver...n_%28toyline%29

From Wikipedia - "...Wolverine was typical of the many tough, anti-authority, antiheroes that emerged in American popular culture after the Vietnam War. His willingness to use deadly force and his brooding nature became standard characteristics for comic book anti-heroes by the end of the 1980s. As a result, the character became a fan favorite of the increasingly popular X-Men franchise. Wolverine has been featured in his own solo comic since 1988 and has been a main character in most X-Men adaptations, including animated television series, video games, and the live-action 20th Century Fox X-Men film series, in which he is portrayed by Hugh Jackman. In May 2008, Wolverine was ranked #1 out of Wizard magazine's Top 200 Comic Book Characters of All Time, and was ranked as the 4th Greatest Comic Book Character by Empire magazine in July 2008. On their list of the 100 Greatest Fictional Characters, Fandomania.com ranked Wolverine at #21. In May 2011, Wolverine was ranked 4th on IGN's Top 100 Comic Book Heroes."

I know you're a Cyclops fan, Pr, and writers like Grant Morrison and Joss Whedon have asserted his leadership status in the comics and given him his due, but you know they've never published 'Cyclops And The X-Men.' Marvel has milked Logan's popularity for decades, and he guest stars in as many titles as Spider Man and Deadpool do.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2013 05:58 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by roughrider
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolver...en_%28comics%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolver...%28TV_series%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolver...n_%28toyline%29

From Wikipedia - "...Wolverine was typical of the many tough, anti-authority, antiheroes that emerged in American popular culture after the Vietnam War. His willingness to use deadly force and his brooding nature became standard characteristics for comic book anti-heroes by the end of the 1980s. As a result, the character became a fan favorite of the increasingly popular X-Men franchise. Wolverine has been featured in his own solo comic since 1988 and has been a main character in most X-Men adaptations, including animated television series, video games, and the live-action 20th Century Fox X-Men film series, in which he is portrayed by Hugh Jackman. In May 2008, Wolverine was ranked #1 out of Wizard magazine's Top 200 Comic Book Characters of All Time, and was ranked as the 4th Greatest Comic Book Character by Empire magazine in July 2008. On their list of the 100 Greatest Fictional Characters, Fandomania.com ranked Wolverine at #21. In May 2011, Wolverine was ranked 4th on IGN's Top 100 Comic Book Heroes."

I know you're a Cyclops fan, Pr, and writers like Grant Morrison and Joss Whedon have asserted his leadership status in the comics and given him his due, but you know they've never published 'Cyclops And The X-Men.' Marvel has milked Logan's popularity for decades, and he guest stars in as many titles as Spider Man and Deadpool do.

I'm not speaking about his appearances outside of X-Men books, or in having his own series. He's always had that, and fair play to him.

I'm talking about central X-Men books. The Uncanny's, the adjectiveless, the astonishing and the like. Cyclops has always had as much if not more focus on him, as Logan has had. Cyclops, Jean and Logan were the X-Men's holy trinity for years. And even with them ruining Cyclops' character in recent years, he's still front and centre in most of the central X-Men titles.

The X-Men movies were maybe representative of how Wolverine is treated in Marvel at large, but they aren't accurate to the main X-Men books themselves, which were almost always ensemble pieces.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2013 08:42 PM
Mindset

Originally posted by Mindset
X-men is more about Cyclops and his hoes/bastards than any other persons.
thumb up

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 24th, 2013 01:37 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've been told I look like Wolverine in the face when my hair was longer.

I'll never forget Captain Picard's speech on human evolution:

quote:
Mutation: it is the key to our evolution. It has enabled us to evolve from a single-celled organism into the dominant species on the planet. This process is slow, and normally taking thousands and thousands of years. But every few hundred millennia, evolution leaps forward.

So true.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Last edited by KillaKassara on Oct 24th, 2013 at 06:54 AM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2013 06:47 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Mindset

thumb up

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 24th, 2013 06:08 PM
Sabretooth
I was dead. I got better.

I'm not speaking about his appearances outside of X-Men books, or in having his own series. He's always had that, and fair play to him.

I'm talking about central X-Men books. The Uncanny's, the adjectiveless, the astonishing and the like. Cyclops has always had as much if not more focus on him, as Logan has had. Cyclops, Jean and Logan were the X-Men's holy trinity for years. And even with them ruining Cyclops' character in recent years, he's still front and centre in most of the central X-Men titles.

The X-Men movies were maybe representative of how Wolverine is treated in Marvel at large, but they aren't accurate to the main X-Men books themselves, which were almost always ensemble pieces.

I feel as if the movies are more represenitive of Claremont's X-Men team from the 80's rather than any of the more current teams. Back then, Wolverine was gaining a pretty large following and Cyclops and Jean were phased out because most of the readers found them to be boring. You're right about them being the X-Men's holy trinity though. At least up until the Dark Phoenix Saga. Then I think the holy trinity became Wolverine, Storm and... Kitty I guess?

Besides, Fox rightly guessed that more people would pay to see a movie about Wolverine than any other character thay had the rights to. The bottom line always comes down to making money. I don't blame them for killing Cyclops off in the third movie either. Marsden jumped ship to go ruin Superman with his buddy Singer. Shooting time was very limited due to scheduling conflicts and I think they just wanted to stick it to Marsden for joining the competition. Wasn't like Cyclops would have made the movie any more enjoyable anyway. They would have misused him just like they did in the previous movies.

Last edited by Sabretooth on Oct 26th, 2013 at 04:59 AM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2013 04:48 AM
Sabretooth is currently offline Click here to Send Sabretooth a Private Message Find more posts by Sabretooth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote