KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Learn How to RP (Good to know)

Learn How to RP (Good to know)
Started by: the-unforgiven

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

Im touched, Marie big grin stick out tongue

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ambience
Well nobody really goes over the posts.
Somebody who feels like making a list does and adds all their friends.
Those who are not in that select group, or are not in many roleplays are disregarded even though they could be very, very good.
*cough*Liquid_Fire*cough*
Exactly yes

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 10:42 PM
Cherrywild is currently offline Click here to Send Cherrywild a Private Message Find more posts by Cherrywild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambience
A-Train

Originally posted by Burning thought
...i mean i got the big award of "stupidely powerful character", what sort of award is that confused

THE ONLY AWARD I'D EVER BE NOMINATED FOR!
*dashes off in an over emotional haze*

Many thanks, Passione.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 10:49 PM
Ambience is currently offline Click here to Send Ambience a Private Message Find more posts by Ambience Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TBJ
High

Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes
I know all of these people, but haven't seen most of them RP before, d'unt know why...

Bcuz you suck!

J/k

Those who are not in that select group, or are not in many roleplays are disregarded even though they could be very, very good.

I wouldn't necessarily say they add all their friends, but people they know.

It's impossible to assess the skills of every single Rper here, awards are simply a way for all us bored losers to waste our time.

And yeah, LF is really good.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 10:59 PM
TBJ is currently offline Click here to Send TBJ a Private Message Find more posts by TBJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tatsumaki
Resident Vampire

Originally posted by JacopeX
You see, that is what a super human, even in the most orginal comic books, would be able to do. Which is better.

::Jacope X punches, then kicks, then punches, then gives a right hook, then a round house, then another hook, punches, kick......

OR

::Jacope X does a 100 hit combo by doing hooks, kicks, and roundhouses at [Insert name her].::

Plus, you were the biggest threat at the time so we went hard on you since you were said to be as powerful as Satan himself.

Ok, I'm sorry. I find this to be god-modding, even if you're a super-human.

But then again, my personal opinion.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 11:56 PM
Tatsumaki is currently offline Click here to Send Tatsumaki a Private Message Find more posts by Tatsumaki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

It depends on if he fights another super-human being, or...... a sheep no expression

"You will too eventually be part of my collection"

Last edited by Nozdormu on Apr 14th, 2007 at 12:00 AM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 11:57 PM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tatsumaki
Resident Vampire

Baaaaaa.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Happy Friday the 13.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 12:00 AM
Tatsumaki is currently offline Click here to Send Tatsumaki a Private Message Find more posts by Tatsumaki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

Pleasant Friday the 13th..

And my point with the previous post was, a sheep could not do anything against it..

But if he did a 100 hit combo against a supernatural one, then I would pretty much call that God-modding..

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 12:05 AM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tatsumaki
Resident Vampire

So it would be god-modding against Burning Thought's character.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 12:10 AM
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

Yes.. Unless his character was a sheep..

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Or a powerless human, or any innocent animal beneath human fighting abilities

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 12:18 AM
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Friends? What friends do I have beside Jennybug, Mrcurt, Madmel when I got more than three votes to win Best RPer of 2006???

ofc they mean nothing...i mean i got the big award of "stupidely powerful character", what sort of award is that confused that doesnt mean anything....and yes as u say, their all jsut putting their friends in there
Because many in my RP wont forget the time you almost killed it.

Originally posted by Kuchiki
Ok, I'm sorry. I find this to be god-modding, even if you're a super-human.

But then again, my personal opinion.
.......What? Well Jacope X is not much of a super human, he is an X blade Soldier. As powerful from fist to power.

My definition of godmodding

1. Kill another character without permission.

2. Untouchable.

3. Being as powerful as a god.

JAcope X...

1. Hasnt won a fight since he fought Trokar. He lost alot of times aswell but the rest or should I say most of his fights never finished.

2. Jacope X is not untouchable.

3. Jacope X is billions of miles far from being as strong as the Elder God.

Originally posted by Darth Extecute
Pleasant Friday the 13th..

And my point with the previous post was, a sheep could not do anything against it..

But if he did a 100 hit combo against a supernatural one, then I would pretty much call that God-modding..
No no no no, you are missing the point completely.

Look, what if you want to strike with more than one hit at a time? You have to explain it in a short manner as a 5,10,50, or even 100 hit combo. Tell me a way to explain that.

ME and among other Rpers have done the same and not only Supernaturals (We hardly fight many) but mostly Demons, villains, ect.

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 01:13 AM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tatsumaki
Resident Vampire

.......What? Well Jacope X is not much of a super human, he is an X blade Soldier. As powerful from fist to power.

My definition of godmodding

1. Kill another character without permission.

2. Untouchable.

3. Being as powerful as a god.

JAcope X...

1. Hasnt won a fight since he fought Trokar. He lost alot of times aswell but the rest or should I say most of his fights never finished.

2. Jacope X is not untouchable.

3. Jacope X is billions of miles far from being as strong as the Elder God.

No no no no, you are missing the point completely.

Well, not all of us know what an 'X-blade soilder' is. To me, it's just a super-human.
Bio: Story: Jacope was born as normal but his Childhood is unknown but what is so far known is that Jacope’s Father was a Samurai and normal person. He was friends with Slade. When Jacope was born, Slade stalked Jacope making his five years misery. When he was 6, Slade brainwashed his father to let him go. Jacope’s father gave him a Medallion to give him power and to remember His own father. He went to a laboratory and wore a helmet that will charge his soul and give him great powers for 7 years. When Jacope was 14, Slade sent Jacope to a group and was a member of the X-Blades (Code name: JxKl9D9). Jacope was then promoted as the top member a year later. One night, Jacope was walking in the woods and saw an Elder god. The god told Jacope that since he is a top fighter, Jacope must help the Fighters all over the universe/around the world and the gods fight evil. Jacope trained with the elder god and tought him how to use powers and fighting styles. He one day completed his training and was given the power to Transform with the medallion his father gave him. Jacope is now called JACOPE X. He can go up to Jacope XXXXX. Jacope then created a realm with people who can worship him Called X-Realm. Everything went well until the feud of other realms. Jacope Married a gypsy/Ninja/Sorcerer named Tanya. This was one of Jacope’s craziest years when she died at the hands of Codac. Jacope Continues to fight against what is Evil and bad. He will always be protector of the universe and X-realm. He lost; he suffered many times but will always win. Jacope has many enemies like Rufon (king of the netherealms), Motar, Trigon, Slade, Jackal (Jacope’s evil clone), Lord Codac, Elfen, but his worst enemy king Moufang. He and his extermination squads killed many of Jacope’s people of X-realm and Jacope fought Moufang many times in the pass but always returns, He planned a threat to resurrect the Underworld king to take over X-realm But Jacope and his army will fight against the evil that will take over the universe. Jacope for now is a lost, Titan who is doing his job secretly and disguised as a mortal on earth. Jacope is still disguised as a Human on earth.. He will do this to be back to normal and find out more of his past.

Hail Jacope X!!! Champion of the universe!!!

Words that are in bold is what I consider to be god-modding.

He flies past Lauren with out any sign of attack and slashed her across her upper chest. and then used quicker agility to go behind her and impale her through her back and then sling her into the crowd of people, for alittle extra damage from the people since they probably hold a grudge against demons as well. He just floats in the air and floated towards her not feeling the nervousness he had before. He floats upon Lauren and then starts to create a quick energy ball and just threw it into Lauren. And then as it probably hits her, he dives into lauren's mid section and had his fist out to connect the hit.::

I'll be damned if this isn't god-modding.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 01:45 AM
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kuchiki
Well, not all of us know what an 'X-blade soilder' is. To me, it's just a super-human.

Words that are in bold is what I consider to be god-modding.

I'll be damned if this isn't god-modding.

1. A super Human yes, with Power as well trained hard to fight hard against other Realms and Planets.

2. My Bio gets changed constantly. I post it many times until the time Jacope X dies, I post his final draft. What you posted has been used so many times in 2006. This is the current one.

quote:
BIO: Jacope J. was born as a normal human. He had a mother and father but he only remembered his Father. He was a very good boy, living a fun life as a child on earth, but then came a plot to get Jacope X away. It was said that he was already known to have a capability of being alot more stronger than expected if trained with the X blade army. Slade, who worked for the X blades before knew many young ones that would be very capable of becoming an X blade. Millions and millions that it. Jacope was then taken away by Slade but his father somehow just ignored what was happening to him. Jacope X was also given a necklace by his father. A cross, to remember his last days with his father. JAcope X was taken to Brock X to an Unknown Planet base of the X blade Army Corp and army. He was to be that the child that needed to be strongly disciplined, toughened, and alot more vicious than the other X blade soldiers. JAcope X has gone through serious hell. At the age of 6 to the age of 14, he has been going through gruesome training, beatings of discipline, and had to fight his way to live. But it also got him stronger and thought him true strength of fighting for his life. Jacope was then given his official name as JAcope X. He later became the top soldier of the X blade army. He met a girl, who was very emotionally strong girl named Tanya. A Peruvian X blade who also had a similar story to JAcope's. They married as a tradition in the army as well.

On a cold Winter, a War broke out in the galaxies and dimensions between Realms forged and created by Hell itself and King Rufons Army. At the time, it was such a huge threat to the outside world and other realms. It was such an important day as many X blades escaped out of the War as they were losing the war. JAcope X and Tanya both Escaped together to get to earth and made it through. The space, through the galaxy and planets, and finally to land on earth. Jacope X and Tanya both started a new life there but as they make it there, many types of dangers occur on Earth. Up to having his pregnant wife being killed (Later resurrected) and had nothing left. But one night, in a very humid one, JAcope X walked in the wilderness as he was startled by a spirit and it was a God. As in The Elder God. He was told to be his chosen hero to fight for not only him, but to be a hero for the people of earth and universally. JAcope X accepted the Honor and was given the power to be strong enough to fight against such threats. He trained hard his whole life, Learning many different fighting techniques from many masters around the world before he fought through Satan, Moufang, JAckal, Blood and met Many friends such as Ice, Lance, and many more during his times as a teen titan when he first joined at the age of 15.

After serving for the Titans after 3-4 years, he moved on as a lonely hero, with one main Mission in life and thats to defeat the true evil that causes the credibility's that is evil. Jacope X met alot of new friends such as John, Kage, Nature, and he also had a son named Jacope II who later became Another one of the Elder God's chosen hero.

Jacope X has been chosen to fight for every human and thing in the universe with all his strength, power, heart, and pride. He does it all for everything. And he is accepted as one Chosen hero. Everyones Chosen hero.

Hail Jacope X! The Legend.

3. Well you should be damned because you obviously never heard of reversal or.....wait a minute, you have been reversing my moves alot. That is what I want from an RPer, to defend themselves aswell.

Last edited by JacopeX on Apr 14th, 2007 at 02:18 AM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 02:13 AM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

can we cut the - whos a godmodder chat??
itll end being a shouting match
eg "YOUR A GODMODDING WHORE AND NOBODY LIKES U AND UR GAY CUZ U SUK...."
and so on

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 04:12 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

Originally posted by MadMel
can we cut the - whos a godmodder chat??
itll end being a shouting match
eg "YOUR A GODMODDING WHORE AND NOBODY LIKES U AND UR GAY CUZ U SUK...."
and so on

Funny.. I had a discussion with my friends about that kind of discussions eariler.. We considered that those who switch from a proper debate to personal, unmannered accusations have already lost the debate and is about to loose their dignity..
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Yes, I'm trying to change subject

I played a game of warcraft the other day.. My friend saved the conversation: (I am Noob[Dino])

This is from a custom map in Warcraft 3, called Footman Frenzy. We are currently playing an All-Pick (AP) version, where you are supposed to pick your hero in start. There is also an All-Random (AR) version, just to make sure you can follow the conversation.

(Keep in mind that there is a distance between some posts.. This was a 25 minute match)

quote:
ToY-1337: CHOOSER NOOBS
Pr0[Dino]: lol
Lord[Dino]: its a pick version lol
Noob[Dino]: It is a chooser version..
ToY-1337: and??
Noob[Dino]: Next time pick an AR version if you do not like pickers..
Noob[Dino]: Or pick better combo of heroes..
Pr0[Dino]: play ar if yuo want all random
Lord[Dino]: as noob said xD
ToY-1337: if u pg you take ar ...
Lord[Dino]: lol we do this for fun xD
Pr0[Dino]: but you arnt pg
ToY-1337: sad the noob ...
Noob[Dino]: Sad how?
Noob[Dino]: I wiped your army out by myself..
Milky_Muh: u guys are ****ing lame
Noob[Dino]: But we are winning
Lord[Dino]: yea and we have so ****ing fun xD
Milky_Muh: so?
Milky_Muh: it cant be fun
ToY-1337: lol by sooo many leaver??
Noob[Dino]: It is..
Milky_Muh: not even hard
Noob[Dino]: Seeing how bad a looser you guys are..
Milky_Muh: noob
Noob[Dino]: Yes?
Milky_Muh: u got a tiny dick i see
Lord[Dino]: HAHAHA xD
Milky_Muh: ur gonna die virgin
Lord[Dino]: omg thats so low xD
Noob[Dino]: Ah.. Yes.. Personal offensive behaviour.. Sign of weakness.. ^^
Lord[Dino]: sorry not been a virgin for a looooong time xD
Milky_Muh: how old are u?
Noob[Dino]: 10+
Lord[Dino]: 48
Milky_Muh: lol u to old to say ur real age
Noob[Dino]: Yes..
Milky_Muh: i bet u are like 22
Noob[Dino]: I'm flattered.. Thank you..
Lord[Dino]: naaw kidding 18 XD
Milky_Muh: no job girlfriend nothing
Pr0[Dino]: lets just finish this have to go
Noob[Dino]: In a matter of fact, I have the most wonderful GF
Milky_Muh: have u ever thinked wow i need to get a life?
Lord[Dino]: no have u?
Noob[Dino]: Have you?

End of transmittion. You see how he switch from complaining at our strategy, to personal attacks.

My friend and I decided that when a person does that, he have lost the debate and tries scoring personal points to make himself feel better..

Don't you all agree that personal offensive behaviour in a debate is sad?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 12:03 PM
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

As you can see, im pretty much being calm here in this arguement and I dont mispell things, type with the fricking cap locks on and type in such incoherent manner. You know why, because I dont god mode. Period. I hate it how people tell me that I do but they can easily defend themselves, fight back, or even double team on me. Plus, calling me untouchable is like calling a Dollar Bill Untouchable.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 12:19 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

ime always carm big grin but jacope although your not as godmoder as me at the end, which is really the only true time i godmoded, all the rets you beat me so how could i truly be godmoding, the last one was a super godmode

also i still dont see how you can do 100 hits on someone without them being able to defend themselves...it makes no sense to call that no godmoding, ime quite sure one of those 100 would be stopped...to be able to do 100 hits is madness...i swear i saw you deal out 1000 once, how many times do you see batman hit the joker 1000 times or wolverine 1000 hit that beast man who he so often fights with laughing

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 12:33 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

ime always carm big grin but jacope although your not as godmoder as me at the end, which is really the only true time i godmoded, all the rets you beat me so how could i truly be godmoding, the last one was a super godmode

also i still dont see how you can do 100 hits on someone without them being able to defend themselves...it makes no sense to call that no godmoding, ime quite sure one of those 100 would be stopped...to be able to do 100 hits is madness...i swear i saw you deal out 1000 once, how many times do you see batman hit the joker 1000 times or wolverine 1000 hit that beast man who he so often fights with laughing
Easy

::In the middle of the combo, Blood stops Jacope X's right hook and blasts him into his chest using all power from himself through his arm and shooting out of the palm of his hand after placing his hand on Jacope X's Chest::

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 12:36 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Easy

::In the middle of the combo, Blood stops Jacope X's right hook and blasts him into his chest using all power from himself through his arm and shooting out of the palm of his hand after placing his hand on Jacope X's Chest::

yes but they cannot defend themselves in your post, all they can do is try and overwrite what youve written and cancel out what your doing to them, which could easily become a "i did this" "then i reflected it with this", "then i did this" etc etc endless fight

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 12:40 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

If that is the case, JacopeX, you might be missunderstood because of your writing.. If the 100 hit combo is a planned attack and stoppable, then you should write more like

"commences a 100 hit combo at -%Target-"
Instead of:

"makes a 100 hit combo at -%Target-"

Do you get my point?

Saying that you do a 100 hit combo might make the one you fight think that he had no chance to do anything against the attack and will therefore make a post about what happens after the attack.
If what you are currently saying is the way it is, they you are not God-Modding.. You are just not being descriptive enough and you get missunderstood..

quote:
He flies past Lauren with out any sign of attack and slashed her across her upper chest. and then used quicker agility to go behind her and impale her through her back and then sling her into the crowd of people, for alittle extra damage from the people since they probably hold a grudge against demons as well. He just floats in the air and floated towards her not feeling the nervousness he had before. He floats upon Lauren and then starts to create a quick energy ball and just threw it into Lauren. And then as it probably hits her, he dives into lauren's mid section and had his fist out to connect the hit.::

I myself would call this partly God-modding.. I assume this is the tournament RP and making a post like that is not fair..

Last edited by Nozdormu on Apr 14th, 2007 at 12:44 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 12:41 PM
MadMel
Heh

owned bt stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 12:42 PM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote