KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Learn How to RP (Good to know)

Learn How to RP (Good to know)
Started by: the-unforgiven

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

owned? when did this conversation become anything other than a conversation and more of a aggresive match of will?

but its not hard to misunderstand 100 hit combos hitting someone sound like its not able to be stopped

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 12:44 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Burning thought
yes but they cannot defend themselves in your post, all they can do is try and overwrite what youve written and cancel out what your doing to them, which could easily become a "i did this" "then i reflected it with this", "then i did this" etc etc endless fight
But also, it is like a game a chess aswell. You have to out fight the RPer or even smart them. We accept every hit that lands on us but you must know that a Hammer swing into Jacope X's head would affect him but he would still fight three seconds later. It shows the stregnth of the characters in my RP. It takes alot of hits to actually get a character groggy and close to trying to quit and lose.

Originally posted by Darth Extecute
If that is the case, JacopeX, you might be missunderstood because of your writing.. If the 100 hit combo is a planned attack and stoppable, then you should write more like

"commences a 100 hit combo at -%Target-"
Instead of:

"makes a 100 hit combo at -%Target-"

Do you get my point?

Saying that you do a 100 hit combo might make the one you fight think that he had no chance to do anything against the attack and will therefore make a post about what happens after the attack.
If what you are currently saying is the way it is, they you are not God-Modding.. You are just not being descriptive enough and you get missunderstood..

I myself would call this partly God-modding.. I assume this is the tournament RP and making a post like that is not fair..
Ok, I guess ill do that. Thanks.

Commence.....I could not find the word. laughing out loud Thanks again. smile

I still dont see how it was god modding when she could've defended herself there. I was using my characters power, enviroment, and I was also losing the fight at first so I had to take very hard charge. Check the posts.

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 12:47 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

dude, i was kidding, settle

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 12:47 PM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by JacopeX

I still dont see how it was god modding when she could've defended herself there. I was using my characters power, enviroment, and I was also losing the fight at first so I had to take very hard charge. Check the posts.

well thats what i did...thats almost exactley what i did, i had 6 players, each who seemed to be able to survive anything i threw at them and come back for more and so i took "very hard charge" to use your words, just because you didnt figuire out my characters weakness doesnt mean hes godmoding, in the end i just let him get killed but you were fighting fire with fire....which doesnt rly work which is why he became as powerful as he was...throwing more lava on top of lava to try and burn it away is impossible lol

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 12:50 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

Originally posted by JacopeX
But also, it is like a game a chess aswell. You have to out fight the RPer or even smart them. We accept every hit that lands on us but you must know that a Hammer swing into Jacope X's head would affect him but he would still fight three seconds later. It shows the stregnth of the characters in my RP. It takes alot of hits to actually get a character groggy and close to trying to quit and lose.

Ok, I guess ill do that. Thanks.

Commence.....I could not find the word. laughing out loud Thanks again. smile

I beg to differ..

Slashing her could be alright.. Throwing her away could be alright and launching the energy ball at her would be..

But impaling her was going too far..

You inflict too much damage in one post..

"You will too eventually be part of my collection"

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 12:52 PM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

depends on a level of survival
the character in question could have certain attributes that would allow them to not be harmed, or be fatally wounded..
for instance
Lucy and John fighting
(this was a bloody long while ago so bear with me)
it went something like this (only the original had much more detail)

jacopeX - Lucy slices john's arm off, and start beating him over the head with it

madmel - john grunts in pain, grabs both arm and Lucy, and throws Lucy through a wall..he then reattaches his arm
etc

ill find tha actual posts
hang on

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 01:02 PM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

DE is RPer of wisdom - JacopeX is RPer of warfare

Like two Gods representing different things. Gods rarely get along stick out tongue

Especially not God of Warfare and God of Wisdom smile

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 01:07 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

laughing out loud
anyways
wasnt lucy, it was elfen
cant actually quote the posts, since the threads closed, but they start here, read jacopeX, at god and my post from here
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...and-legends-die

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 01:22 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

hmm ime still trying to find my super godmode, i like my old dark one character, it was a good villain, albiet extremely powerful, but i liked him

why are things called godmoding anyway....some of the feats in the ultimate hero rpg are beyond most gods in mythology and such, i doubt even Zues or other greek gods can match some of the feats Jhon son of the reaper and Jacope XXXX can pull off

jesus, i may be ranked as a bad rper but i can certainly make a long post, toooo long messed

Last edited by Burning thought on Apr 14th, 2007 at 02:57 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 02:48 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeh i found it...wow, i need the Godmode trophy for sure, if you can find someone who godmode more than me in this entire forum id eat my own hat laughing

but i still say altho not as bad as me, i was far from the only person godmoding in that thread, but i still found it fun :P

Last edited by Burning thought on Apr 14th, 2007 at 03:21 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 03:09 PM
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

well thats what i did...thats almost exactley what i did, i had 6 players, each who seemed to be able to survive anything i threw at them and come back for more and so i took "very hard charge" to use your words, just because you didnt figuire out my characters weakness doesnt mean hes godmoding, in the end i just let him get killed but you were fighting fire with fire....which doesnt rly work which is why he became as powerful as he was...throwing more lava on top of lava to try and burn it away is impossible lol
Because you are facing more stronger Characters.

If JAcope X was hit by a power ball, he will be affected critically and so will the others. And we know/think that if we thre a fire ball from our Ki energy, you will live or not be damaged much, so we went hard on you.

Originally posted by Darth Extecute
I beg to differ..

Slashing her could be alright.. Throwing her away could be alright and launching the energy ball at her would be..

But impaling her was going too far..

You inflict too much damage in one post..
She could've dodged it.......Problem solved. Im sorry, im just used to ]RPing with very strong Chars.

Originally posted by MadMel
laughing out loud
anyways
wasnt lucy, it was elfen
cant actually quote the posts, since the threads closed, but they start here, read jacopeX, at god and my post from here
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...and-legends-die
laughing laughing laughing my earlier years......smile

hmm ime still trying to find my super godmode, i like my old dark one character, it was a good villain, albiet extremely powerful, but i liked him

why are things called godmoding anyway....some of the feats in the ultimate hero rpg are beyond most gods in mythology and such, i doubt even Zues or other greek gods can match some of the feats Jhon son of the reaper and Jacope XXXX can pull off

jesus, i may be ranked as a bad rper but i can certainly make a long post, toooo long messed
John vs Zeus

That is laughable....(No offence MadMel sad smile))

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 03:54 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Originally posted by MadMel

wasnt lucy, it was elfen

Lucy is elfen smile

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 06:07 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

oh..........
that explains a lot laughing

yea jacope...the good old days big grin

and Zeus would kick johns ass
unless it was zeus from god of war 2
then it'd be a matter of whether john is more powerful than kratos, which he probably is

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 01:52 AM
Ambience
A-Train

Does anybody else feel uncomfortable roleplaying themselves? o_x

Many thanks, Passione.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 06:49 PM
Ambience is currently offline Click here to Send Ambience a Private Message Find more posts by Ambience Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

Originally posted by Ambience

Never tried, but I can't imagine it any fun. It destroys the sole purpose of roleplaying no expression

"You will too eventually be part of my collection"

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 06:50 PM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

I did once in a Tom Clancy RP a while back..but I changed my self alot..

It was wierd enough RPing with my own first name, I cant imagine my whole self stick out tongue

Someone should make an ' RP yourself Roleplay'

laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 06:50 PM
Cherrywild is currently offline Click here to Send Cherrywild a Private Message Find more posts by Cherrywild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

What do you mean. Using my name I've never done that but all my RP characters are somewhat based of me or at least certain aspects of me.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 06:52 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambience
A-Train

Originally posted by Newjak
What do you mean. Using my name I've never done that but all my RP characters are somewhat based of me or at least certain aspects of me.

Well Abbra on the Halo roleplay has same traits, and apparence as me.
But I switched her name and personality up a little bit. o_x

But I just don't feel comfortable going,

"Sarah combed her curtain of blonde hair andf approached the circular mirror on her vainity."

It just feels odd. o_x

Many thanks, Passione.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 06:59 PM
Ambience is currently offline Click here to Send Ambience a Private Message Find more posts by Ambience Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Well Abbra on the Halo roleplay has same traits, and apparence as me.
But I switched her name and personality up a little bit. o_x

But I just don't feel comfortable going,

"Sarah combed her curtain of blonde hair andf approached the circular mirror on her vainity."

It just feels odd. o_x
I've never used my name so I couldn't say I've ever experienced that and I don't think I ever will use my name I just like making up names to much.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 07:01 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have and I did a good job but it was very unexciting as well.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 07:07 PM