KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Learn How to RP (Good to know)

Learn How to RP (Good to know)
Started by: the-unforgiven

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rodgort
Dickroll'd.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by K Tragedy
If I may make a suggestion...

Perhaps, instead of a guideline, we should offer a school? A type of "learning atmosphere" if you will. By organizing willing, experienced RPers and ready-to-learn newcomers I think it should all go over well. We won't have tests or anything but it's just to help with detail, profile-making... Anything really.

It's just a suggestion though. Don't mind me.
It is a suggestion, but a good one.

I could be a teacher. geek

(Thanks Raijin) Xbox Live-Frisky Marcus

Change my attempt, good intentions.
Should I? Could I?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 02:13 AM
Rodgort is currently offline Click here to Send Rodgort a Private Message Find more posts by Rodgort Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can I be a Special Guest! cool

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 02:25 AM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Great thread, I must say.
I have a question, when it comes to roleplaying and I hope someone can help me with that big grin

Too often, do I use -She said- -She said- -She said- -She said- -She said- after a dialogue of my own . I would like some hints of how I can vary that habit shifty Nasty habit and I am sure someone has something to say about it big grin

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 07:53 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

she replied, she muttered, she raged, she responded, she wispered...that sort of stuff..

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 08:20 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Ah. Stating verbs in different forms big grin Can not believe I did not think of that. confused Thank you big grin

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 08:25 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

Originally posted by Kaldorei
Ah. Stating verbs in different forms big grin Can not believe I did not think of that. confused Thank you big grin
Also, it kind of depends on your RP style, but when speaking in dialogue with another character, you don't even have to indicate that she/he is speaking after the innitial 'she said' , or you can " seamlessly Transit" to another verb or proverb, even another peice of dialogue, although in many cases it doesn't seem to fit, even if it is gramatically correct. confused Mels idea is also a very good one, you can even switch it around a bit for a different feel, or replace she with the characters name. lots of options. happy smile

Ex.

A.) Wild-Cherry Looked towards the horizon and noticed the figure in the distance. Unnerved she turned toward Kaldorei. Her ears swiveled, and her tail swished. " The time has come. " The time was lunch. And they desperatly needed it.

B. ) Wild-Cherry Looked towards the horizon and noticed the figure in the distance. Unnerved she turned toward Kaldorei. Her ears swiveled, and her tail swished. " The time has come. " she said.( 1 ) " Now you know what we have to do." With a nod she moved forward. " Lets make this quick. "

C. ) Wild-Cherry Looked towards the horizon and noticed the figure in the distance. Unnerved she turned toward Kaldorei. Her ears swiveled, and her tail swished. " The time has come. " She stated, with an air of superiority.

Meh, not great sugegstions but hope they help a little happy

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 12:59 PM
Cherrywild is currently offline Click here to Send Cherrywild a Private Message Find more posts by Cherrywild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

I myself use the things "He said" "She said" all the time.. That's because I'm lazy.. big grin

There is a lot of different ways to twist and turn the finish, and a lot of good examples has already been given by above posters..

What you need to keep in mind, is that if you have said something you have to remember to indicate somehow that it was you who said it.. Most people here are experienced roleplayers, and if you misstype or lack description, no great harm is done.. They understand you anyway big grin

"The time is now" She said
"The time is now" The time was lunch
"The time has come" She stated
"The time is now" She raged

Is several good examples that I would like to point out yes

"The time is now" Wild-Cherry took a deep breath, knowing it was now or never.. (For example)

You get the point... I did not teach much new, just pointed out good points from the others big grin

"You will too eventually be part of my collection"

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 01:07 PM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

You must also show the emotion of the character aswell. Even in a sentence it can be done. Example.

"Hold on." She said.

"Hold on!!!." She yelled

"Hold on......" She whispered. There was a long pause.

There can be alot more I can show but hopefully you get what I am trying to say on that part aswell.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 01:11 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Super big grin Thank you all. I did a post in the hosted roleplay place, in a tournament thing where I tried to avoid the she and he said things as good as possible. Well, not avoid them but use them in a more proffessional way. I am quite proud of myself. Good reading. I recommend the post shifty

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 01:14 PM
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

Originally posted by Kaldorei
Super big grin Thank you all. I did a post in the hosted roleplay place, in a tournament thing where I tried to avoid the she and he said things as good as possible. Well, not avoid them but use them in a more proffessional way. I am quite proud of myself. Good reading. I recommend the post shifty
oh kewl, ive been waiting for that to start up smile

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 01:16 PM
Cherrywild is currently offline Click here to Send Cherrywild a Private Message Find more posts by Cherrywild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rodgort
Dickroll'd.

Originally posted by Wild-Cherry
oh kewl, ive been waiting for that to start up smile
My RP started up, and died after 9 posts

(Thanks Raijin) Xbox Live-Frisky Marcus

Change my attempt, good intentions.
Should I? Could I?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 12:35 AM
Rodgort is currently offline Click here to Send Rodgort a Private Message Find more posts by Rodgort Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Spirit Binder
Is that possible? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 12:42 AM
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

Originally posted by Spirit Binder
what rp?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 12:48 AM
TigerEyes
Immortal soldier

I'm a passionate creative writer, so rping came naturally to me, but I admit to having fault, I tend to cut the setting details because I hate writing long descriptive paragraphs...yet I probably should....yet I've been in rps with much worse.

and the idea of a school is interesting...

MANSON concert on the 17th of feb was Amazing! BEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 01:16 AM
TigerEyes is currently offline Click here to Send TigerEyes a Private Message Find more posts by TigerEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by Darth Extecute
I myself use the things "He said" "She said" all the time.. That's because I'm lazy.. big grin

There is a lot of different ways to twist and turn the finish, and a lot of good examples has already been given by above posters..

What you need to keep in mind, is that if you have said something you have to remember to indicate somehow that it was you who said it.. Most people here are experienced roleplayers, and if you misstype or lack description, no great harm is done.. They understand you anyway big grin

"The time is now" She said
"The time is now" The time was lunch
"The time has come" She stated
"The time is now" She raged

Is several good examples that I would like to point out yes

"The time is now" Wild-Cherry took a deep breath, knowing it was now or never.. (For example)

You get the point... I did not teach much new, just pointed out good points from the others big grin

I haven't seen you in god knows how long

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 02:13 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

RPing came from the ideas I had for a powerful character. A main character I hoped that worked among other characters either real or made up into a storyline.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 02:24 AM
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

Originally posted by Menetnashté
I haven't seen you in god knows how long

Hello there, 'FG725'.. I've been a little idle, due school and other things of importance, such as IRL.. I've come back now, and hopefully I am here to stay..

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 07:45 AM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Originally posted by JacopeX
RPing came from the ideas I had for a powerful character. A main character I hoped that worked among other characters either real or made up into a storyline.

i also hate the people who consider the UH to be an anime ripoff, with over powered characters and poor rpers...wrong on all counts..the power level of characters is balanced, i cant even stand to watch animes, so i shouldnt be able to stand the rp either ( roll eyes (sarcastic) ) and it has the rper of the f*king year in it mad

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 07:51 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ESB -1138
yes yes It's amazing how many n00bs bombarded the Unhosted section over the last year. They just came in such force that they were overwhelming to almost everyone including experienced role players that have been here and know what's what. Just the thought of some of those role players makes me want to leave KMC right now but lucky for me most, if not all of them, have left. yes yes

*CoughDarkDeathBringerCough*

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 07:51 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

Originally posted by MadMel
i also hate the people who consider the UH to be an anime ripoff, with over powered characters and poor rpers...wrong on all counts..the power level of characters is balanced, i cant even stand to watch animes, so i shouldnt be able to stand the rp either ( roll eyes (sarcastic) ) and it has the rper of the f*king year in it mad

Who?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 07:53 AM