KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Learn How to RP (Good to know)

Learn How to RP (Good to know)
Started by: the-unforgiven

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

In all honesty someone should also post the correct way to fight another person. I absolutly hate people who godmode when they fight...

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 07:55 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

Yes.. I am good at it in theory, but I never have had a chance to put it into real use.. I do not count Star Wars as a proper fighting scenario.. One hit is fatal, and it is very hard to get a fight done like that, without killing your opponent in a post.. Quite lame fighting scenes in RP..

"You will too eventually be part of my collection"

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 07:58 AM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, not at all. It's very easy to roleplay a star wars duel. People just need to realize that no matter what you do, always attempt to attack someone, never go through with it. You let the other person decide what the effect of your attack is.

Yes!

Billy brought his Lightsaber down hard in a vertical slash, attempting to cleave Bob in two.

No!

Billy yelled and charged at Bob. He swiped with his lightsaber and cut Bob's hand off then laughed.

It's quite simple... If you do it correctly then Bob has a chance to defend himself.

Bob brought his own 'saber up to deflect Billy's downward slash. At the same time Bob brought his left fist up, attempting to punch Billy in the chin.

Etc.

Billy leaned his head back, dodging the blow. He jumped back and attempted to use a force push on Bob.

Bob used his own force push to counter Billy's, then threw his lightsaber, aiming for Billy's neck.

Last edited by Final Blaxican on Feb 23rd, 2007 at 08:06 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 08:04 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

My point being, there is more freedom in a normal fantasy RP fight than an Star Wars, due to the limitations that there is.. Well, I am talking of personal experience and skills.. I know others might have an easier time fighting in an Star Wars roleplay, but I do not..

If I put it like this.. If it comes to a fistfight (Which will not occur) in Star Wars, that would be fine too.. You can make so much better fights when you do not have "one shot- one kill" equipment..

"You will too eventually be part of my collection"

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 08:06 AM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, I can relate. I don't really like fighting with Guns in Roleplays...

For me Star Wars fighting comes easy because I spend more then half my time online writing Star Wars stories, and RP'ing on various Invi(s)ionfree Roleplay sites.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 08:07 AM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MadMel
and it has the rper of the f*king year in it mad

Is there such an KMC award? eek! I better put my back into this then. I have been a little on the lazy side. confused

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 08:14 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

i also hate the people who consider the UH to be an anime ripoff, with over powered characters and poor rpers...wrong on all counts..the power level of characters is balanced, i cant even stand to watch animes, so i shouldnt be able to stand the rp either ( roll eyes (sarcastic) ) and it has the rper of the f*king year in it mad
True really.

What I hate is how ignorant other RPers can be. If the UH was based on Anime, did I ever use the word "Anime" in the RP? Never. OVerpowered? Actually it is all balanced due to the fact that all to Heroes are very powerful and it is all fair at the same tiem since they are all in the same level or somehow a little lesser or more powerful that each other. What makes them think that the RP is filled with many RPers all the time? And yes, im the RPer of the year of 2006. But I doubt Ill win it. There are starting to be new RPers coming in who seem to know what they are doing. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by Kaldorei
Is there such an KMC award? eek! I better put my back into this then. I have been a little on the lazy side. confused
Yea, you should check the thread out. But I wonder how many Votes I won the award by. smile

Originally posted by Blaxican
In all honesty someone should also post the correct way to fight another person. I absolutly hate people who godmode when they fight...
Well you see. Let me show you the difference between godmodding and what I do. To end this whole "OMG Jacope X GoDmOd3S, wat a n00b! LOLZ!!!111one!!!"

Well using the word "attempt" is not going to work all the time. Because they going to "dodge" it all the time. So you must say it connected. But you can never just kill a character but you can inflict pain into the character little by little and then get to Inflicting even more damaging pain.

Do not

1. Kill a character without permission

2. Do too much damage such as taking over the character and trying to be "untouchable" <<<< Look at that word. And remember it.

3. A treu godmodder would have Over powerful "UNORGANIZED" powers. Unorgnized powers would be over balanced power.

So in conclusion, I would like to say that I DO NOT GODMODE. All who say different, I will keep on going to prove you wrong because it is really getting on my nerves. Plus, I had a huge debate with the guys in the Hosted RP. Accusing me of many things but of course, they are to ignorant to listen, aswell as there ego cause them to insult me in many ways. That is why, im rihgt and there wrong on many parts of the Debate really. I must avoid this "Hosted RPers" From now on. yes

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Last edited by JacopeX on Feb 23rd, 2007 at 08:48 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 08:39 AM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Like Spadeking! eek!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 08:47 AM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Originally posted by JacopeX
Yea, you should check the thread out. But I wonder how many Votes I won the award by. smile

Direct me! big grin Things just took a sudden turn.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 08:52 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sure! But you have been doing very well for a beginner. I think by the end of the year, you will probably be one of the nomineese if you keep up. And yes it is to early to tell the awards at the moment. big grin

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...ds+forumid%3A62

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 08:59 AM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Who won the award of being worst roleplayer? confused

Well, now I made up my mind. I will put my back into roleplaying big grin I will be in nomination by the end of the year shifty

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 09:00 AM
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who won the award of being worst roleplayer? confused

Well, now I made up my mind. I will put my back into roleplaying big grin I will be in nomination by the end of the year shifty
You know, I always wanted a "Worst RPer of the year" to see who it was. I think Burning thought was though. Later in the day, I will show you how he was SO close to killing my first ultimate hero RPG sad. MadMel, and among others will explain the tragedy. They are Eyewitnesses. big grin

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 09:03 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well using the word "attempt" is not going to work all the time. Because they going to "dodge" it all the time.

Ah... but THATS were it gets intresting. Realisticly speaking, you should try to corner your opponent, or outsmart them.

Besides, there is nothing wrong with "dodging" all the time, in a sense. Eventually one of the players is going to do a move that leaves themselves open, and they're going to have to take the hit. Inflicting damage over time is more annoying, honestly, because it makes people look bad.

An example of this is when tw

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 09:03 AM
MadMel
Heh

You know, I always wanted a "Worst RPer of the year" to see who it was. I think Burning thought was though. Later in the day, I will show you how he was SO close to killing my first ultimate hero RPG sad. MadMel, and among others will explain the tragedy. They are Eyewitnesses. big grin

no....no!
its too tragic to tell sad....
seriously though...i was here for a year, and i got nominated as the best supporting rper AND the mostly likly rper to start an in game relationship!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 09:04 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

There is one question that keep visiting my mind. In the Ultimate Fighter roleplay, my character is based on not being hit. That is her strength big grin

Godmode? confused

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 09:05 AM
MadMel
Heh

being too powerful
aka blowing up universe or planet stuff without a reason..

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 09:06 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah... but THATS were it gets intresting. Realisticly speaking, you should try to corner your opponent, or outsmart them.

Besides, there is nothing wrong with "dodging" all the time, in a sense. Eventually one of the players is going to do a move that leaves themselves open, and they're going to have to take the hit. Inflicting damage over time is more annoying, honestly, because it makes people look bad.

Yea I do that aswell. I have to come up with the most trapping moves. And I get sick of doing that afterwards. I want to inflict some hit combos. Yes, it is possible though. YOu just have to get the opponent groggy and all. that is why it is better to RP with very experienced RPers aswell because they keep the Character in track to see how hurt, how powerful, or how groggy they are from what they recive from there opponent(s). Am I right?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 09:07 AM
MadMel
Heh

yea..

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 09:08 AM
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

There is one question that keep visiting my mind. In the Ultimate Fighter roleplay, my character is based on not being hit. That is her strength big grin

Godmode? confused
Wait a minute!

As in like if I were to hit your character she becomes more powerful? thats pretty new. And I think it is godmodding. Because that is the only way they can get to inflicting pain on you. Try to find another type of increasing strength. hopefully for you it will work! big grin

no....no!
its too tragic to tell sad....
seriously though...i was here for a year, and i got nominated as the best supporting rper AND the mostly likly rper to start an in game relationship!
Yea. I even had to get the Elder god to Stop him. Thats howe terrible Burning thought wa.s I promised never ever use the Elder god in a fight. He is just a guide throughout life.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 09:10 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

erm

Half of it got cut off. Anyway, as I was saying...

I'm going to use Billy and Bob as examples again...

Billy happens to be a master martial artists. Bob has the ability to phase through objects.

Billy's Post:

Billy jumped forward lightning quick and performed a 4 hit combo to Bob's legs then jumped back. He grinned. "Had enough?" (Cheesy, but eh.)

Well... wtf? Bob obviously would have phased through that or something, but he never even got the chance to. Pretty messed up. Another example:

Bob ran forward and phased through Billy , coming out behind him. He b*tch slapped Billy in the back of the head, then went into a fighting stance.

M'kay... if Billy's a master Martial Artist then don't you think he probably would have been able to reverse that somehow?

You see my point?

EDIT: The Combo thing had nothing to do with you. I posted that before I read your above post, lol.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 09:10 AM