KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Learn How to RP (Good to know)

Learn How to RP (Good to know)
Started by: the-unforgiven

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Big O
The Original O

You know, I just read through this, Darth, and this is reall some good info. It's more than likely that this has been said before, but a lot of people could really use this to become better.

The ones who don't use spellcheck; the ones who don't use correct grammer; even the ones who did all of that but still can't get it right. You did a real justice by posting this. Keep up the good work

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 03:51 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

I know. This is some great information happy

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 08:32 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grate the Vraya
Disciple of Inglip

quote: (post)
Originally posted by the-unforgiven
Tactics to Enlongate your Posts

There are four simple ways to lengthen your post, all of which are simple.
1. Banter
Lots of talking does lengthen a post, especially if you put spaces between phrases like so:
I probably wrote:
"Hello good sir," said Sacrial

"Hello ... elf," said the gaurd.

2. Physical Description
Physical descriptions of your newly entering character, new rooms, and newly entering NPCs help to lengthen a post if it is long enough. You can go through great lengths of description. Like this post fragment I have here.

"All around the room, weapons were hung on the walls and laid into crates on display. There was a counter near the center of the room, and behind it stood a heavyset human eating a piece of bread like an animal. Upon the arrival of the three heros, he stopped eating and swallowed all that was in his mouth."

3. Inner Thoughts
You are not omniscient, however, you do control each and every action and thought of your character (obviously). Somethings you want people to know what you are plotting for the thread ahead, or, if you have a personal opinion of someone, you can show your true feelings, good or bad, without the person knowing. This is a good example inner feelings being held back (relating to the physical description above).

"What a pig this human is! Uhg. Just looking at his face covered in crums and some spittle makes me uneasy. Of all the blacksmiths in this land, I had to run into this one. Oh well, best not seem discrimanent, thought the elf."

4. Vocabulary
By using a more advanced vocabulary (and hopefully spelling it right), you can lengthen your post further (and hopefully look smarter).

For example, saying that the mans manerisms were extremely odd, even for a gnome, you could say he was an eccentric gnome with grotesque mannerisms.
uh-huh...so...where should I put my character sheet with this one. confused
j/k

I got everything!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 11:54 AM
Grate the Vraya is currently offline Click here to Send Grate the Vraya a Private Message Find more posts by Grate the Vraya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 11:58 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

Originally posted by Ordained
You know, I just read through this, Darth, and this is reall some good info. It's more than likely that this has been said before, but a lot of people could really use this to become better.

The ones who don't use spellcheck; the ones who don't use correct grammer; even the ones who did all of that but still can't get it right. You did a real justice by posting this. Keep up the good work

Thank you.. Feels good to hear/read that..

"You will too eventually be part of my collection"

Old Post Apr 4th, 2007 07:59 AM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

Bump shifty

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 09:51 AM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

*wakes up* er um..yea! go mario!!! big grin
wait...wrong thread sad

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 10:02 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

I read back and checked that RPer of the Year thread..

Since when did RP go from art, to competition and how is this competition judged? What the f**k?

KMC goes by votes.. The majority of the votes were probably one friend to another..

Next time, I suggest bringing a neutral sole judge in, or even better... A jury..

Votes often lie..

Last edited by Nozdormu on Apr 13th, 2007 at 10:55 AM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 10:43 AM
MadMel
Heh

laughing out loud
dont worry too much mate..only happens once a year

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 11:03 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

Thank God..

Just you wait.. Soon you'll have RPer of the week and month, too no expression

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 11:05 AM
MadMel
Heh

uh!
dont start laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 11:09 AM
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

Roleplayer of the day no expression

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 11:12 AM
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

RP award threads are the most rediculous thing ever laughing out loud

It's just like high school class government elections; A popularity contest!

stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 11:38 AM
Cherrywild is currently offline Click here to Send Cherrywild a Private Message Find more posts by Cherrywild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

I agree, love yes

I mean..

Best male character?
Best female character?
Most original character?
Character with most deep?
Most powerful character?

What the f**k?

I bet I can beat all the vicorious in those awards.. But I could not care less no expression I don't need an award to know I'm a talented RPer if I put my back into it..

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 11:43 AM
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

When I read through I smile for just a second...usually thinking something along the lines of ' how the hell did he/she win this? '....and then the smile goes away

but then I think of you, And it comes back

ninja

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 11:45 AM
Cherrywild is currently offline Click here to Send Cherrywild a Private Message Find more posts by Cherrywild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

Like I said.. Friends vote for friends.. Very few probably voted at the ones they thought was rightfully winner.. Most probably did not even see who was the better one, blinded by love or friendship no expression

Votes lies...

Originally posted by Wild-Cherry
When I read through I smile for just a second...usually thinking something along the lines of ' how the hell did he/she win this? '....and then the smile goes away

but then I think of you, And it comes back

ninja

love

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 11:50 AM
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

I could never take place.

Id vote you for everything

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 11:51 AM
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

I'd vote me too happy

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All a lie.. it was all a lie.. Never me before you..

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 11:53 AM
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

Im sure. happy

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 12:00 PM
MadMel
Heh

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 01:30 PM