KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Street Level Tourney: Sign-Up Thread (Enter Now!)

Street Level Tourney: Sign-Up Thread (Enter Now!)
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

This is a tournament. And yes you can. Rules on page 1, PM me if you have questions, and start planning your amalgam...because the bastards who signed up on page one have been thinking for way too long about this.

I'll announce when the draft will start...a day or two probably.

Oh, and we'll assume you're signued up Piedmon, but a post saying "OK, I'm in." or something similar would be nice (to make it official and all).

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 11:58 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

wow, I thought this would fill up right away lol

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 12:20 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr.SpiderHulk

I read the rules....you see....I think I want to win.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 01:25 AM
Dr.SpiderHulk is currently offline Click here to Send Dr.SpiderHulk a Private Message Find more posts by Dr.SpiderHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Oh, well then. That's major advantage over everyone else here...

(you may want to, but I am GOING to win stick out tongue)

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 02:24 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dr.SpiderHulk
I read the rules....you see....I think I want to win.

Well hell, why didn't you say so. You're the winner.

...??Am I forgetting something? Oh right, the battles. Gotta do those first...love your attitude though.

On another, more serious note, an important point was touched upon in a PM I received (I'll keep the name private). I've been getting PM's asking about various characters from quite a few of you. And in general, most of them are either clearly in or out. A few, however, are always tough. Unfortuantely, I can't name too many of these "in-betweeners" but suffice it to say that not every power and every character can be categorized by strength/energy/fighting skill/etc.

In these cases I simply try to relate it back to the 'under Carnage' rule or the 'Cyclops or lower' rule, even if it's hard to do. The result of this may seem like I'm simply deciding on a whim. More than anything, though, I'm just trying to remain consistent (I say this because drafting will be starting soon). So rest assured that if I don't allow a pick, I won't be allowing similar or stronger picks for anyone else (if I can help it). The amalgams should be powerful, but we have to try to stay within the limits as much as possible.

I thank you all in advance for understanding and cooperating with this, even if it means I have to ban your favorite pick (though hopefully I won't have to do that).

-DM

P.S. 13's the number right now, so by Tuesday's end we should have 16. Looks like drafting will begin Wed. or Thurs. but I'll announce it once we have 16. I have some PM's out to people, so hopefully they (or other interested onlookers) fill in the last 3 spots.

P.P.S. Brace yourselves lads. I just got an email (not PM, email) from JP. Apparently he might be interested in the tourney. Better hope those three spots fill fast, or the only KMC member with his own fanboy posse is going to ruin the rest of you....hehe. big grin stick out tongue

Last edited by Digi on Aug 23rd, 2005 at 03:05 AM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 02:34 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Late as hell but I'm in

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 04:25 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by K Von Doom
Late as hell but I'm in

Welcome to the tourney KVD. You barely made it in. JP's supposed to make his return debut in this tourney.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 04:27 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Originally posted by Sentry
Welcome to the tourney KVD. You barely made it in. JP's supposed to make his return debut in this tourney.

Thanks Sentry. Who's JP? smile

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 04:33 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

you're joking...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 07:07 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is quicksilver banned?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 09:42 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Spidey's a speed limit also, although that's kind of vague as we seldom see him run. I think it's more a no speedblitz-fest rule.

I also would ask if the "No Telepathy" rule also excludes things like (to choose an example that noone will draft) the Mandrill's pheremones. Not remotely telepathic, but quite effective mind control. I think banning all mind control is in the spirit of this touney, but that's not stated that way now.

Care to clarify Digi?

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Last edited by Laminator_X on Aug 23rd, 2005 at 12:34 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 12:27 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

KVD makes 14. And yeah Quicksilver's banned. Spidey's the speed limit. Dude's fast, but not near QS. Yeah, no mind control.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 03:05 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by K Von Doom
Thanks Sentry. Who's JP? smile

OH. MY. GOD!!!!!

eek!

i didn't know the boy in the bubble had internet access

stick out tongue

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 03:33 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I'm in

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 04:32 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Who are you going to be?

I'd love to go against you, but my comp is acting silly again...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 04:47 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Who are you going to be?

I'd love to go against you, but my comp is acting silly again...
Me still got to check all the rules to see what you guys decided on.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 04:53 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by newjak86
wink

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 04:55 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Ok, newjak is #15. I take it you're not doing it CM (but you're certainly welcome if your cpu settles down)...so one more and we'll be good to go.

On a side note....

The rules are terribly specific about this, but we decided that anything except strength and durability can tranfer to your character's body. So while you may have Spider-Man's body for example, if you picked Wolverine, you'd get his healing and also his adamantium skeleton/claws. The only things that can't transfer are strength and durability...this should make it easier to mix & match amalgams, without worrying too much about choosing one body over another.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 10:40 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by newjak86

Page 1 of this thread. Also feel free to PM me with questions about characters and/or rules. The draft will start sometime in the next few days (but I'll announce it here).

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 10:42 PM
Solidus Snake
The General

give an official list digi

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 12:45 AM
Solidus Snake is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote