KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Street Level Tourney: Sign-Up Thread (Enter Now!)

Street Level Tourney: Sign-Up Thread (Enter Now!)
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Ok, newjak is #15. I take it you're not doing it CM (but you're certainly welcome if your cpu settles down)...so one more and we'll be good to go.

wasn't 15 the number you were wanting to sign up here?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 12:59 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zachrivard
Kratos

maybee he is counting u in the 15

Dr. Polaris," Arent you gonna wash your hands?" Lex Luthor,"........No, Cause I'm Evil." thanks to digi for the sig

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 01:33 AM
zachrivard is currently offline Click here to Send zachrivard a Private Message Find more posts by zachrivard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

could be..... i haven't actually counted all the sign ups myself

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 01:38 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

He is counting Scoob. We have 15 total. And all just waiting to get dominated by yours truly...

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 01:56 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah, 15 total. My official-ness and announcements will come when we have our 16th. I can't forsee us not getting one more person tomorrow, so it looks like drafting will be sometime Thursday...probably later in the evening/night (again, Eastern Standard Time). I'll check my schedule, and see...Friday Noon-ish/afternoon at the latest for drafting.

Announcement #1 will concern matches. I'll be setting it up like a real tournament, so you'll know who you might face in the 2nd/3rd/etc. round, unlike last tourney. No one will know who anyone else has picked, only who they are facing. Only when the battle begins will you see your opponents team. I have already decided how I am determining matches, and it's entirely random...I won't be pairing anyone up purposely.

Announcement #2 will be to tell you when drafting will begin. I'll give a time of day, rather than an exact hour like this thread. It shouldn't be as frantic, since most of you have some obscure picks (judging by a bunch of PM's I've gotten) so unless you want Spidey/Wolvie/etc. it shouldn't be a problem. Regardless, I'd like to be around for at least the first few hours of possible draft time, so it will depend partly on my schedule.

Last edited by Digi on Aug 24th, 2005 at 03:38 AM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 03:30 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Digi you brought up JP PM'd about entering this tournament. Was that for real, or did you make that up?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 03:33 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Sentry
Digi you brought up JP PM'd about entering this tournament. Was that for real, or did you make that up?

No, that was for real. He genuinely seemed interested. I gave him the basic info and all and told him he was welcome to sign up in this thread if he wanted to. Guess he just decided not to do it.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 03:41 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Originally posted by Scoobless
OH. MY. GOD!!!!!

eek!

i didn't know the boy in the bubble had internet access

stick out tongue

Your tournament streak ends at 2 Scoob. laughing

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 04:33 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Last edited by Digi on Aug 24th, 2005 at 03:49 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 04:41 AM
zachrivard
Kratos

the first draft round should not be on thursday, cause i cant make it, anytime friday would be ok though, i think it should be friday

Dr. Polaris," Arent you gonna wash your hands?" Lex Luthor,"........No, Cause I'm Evil." thanks to digi for the sig

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 12:57 PM
zachrivard is currently offline Click here to Send zachrivard a Private Message Find more posts by zachrivard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by zachrivard
the first draft round should not be on thursday, cause i cant make it, anytime friday would be ok though, i think it should be friday

Digi said it's okay if you miss the first day of drafting. You can still come back and pick your first character the next day.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 12:59 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zachrivard
Kratos

Originally posted by Khellendros
Digi said it's okay if you miss the first day of drafting. You can still come back and pick your first character the next day.

yeah i know but then i wont get slade or spiderman sad

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 01:08 PM
jplatinum
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hell why not.
I'll sign up too.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 02:34 PM
jplatinum is currently offline Click here to Send jplatinum a Private Message Find more posts by jplatinum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus21

Originally posted by jplatinum
Hell why not.
I'll sign up too.

shit now everyone will be afraid to fight common JP atleast give them 2 seconds before u throw ur hyper velocity supersonic punches at them

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 03:00 PM
Colossus21 is currently offline Find more posts by Colossus21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Hell why not.
I'll sign up too.

*fanfare sounds*

*DigiMark walks in and sits on a comfy pillow and unfurls an ornate scroll that reads...*

"Welcome JP!"

The rules for the tourney are on page 1, feel free to PM me questions, and (you're in luck Zachriard) drafting will begin Friday (somewhere around noon, give or take an hour or so).

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 03:13 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hell why not.
I'll sign up too.

I know who will win then smile

JP I choose you smile more than Charmander smile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 03:16 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zachrivard
Kratos

drafting on friday

h*ll yeah

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 03:31 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Announcement #1: Alternates

Anyone still interested, even though we have 16 now, if you sign up you'll have first dibs on the alternate slot if someone drops out. 2 or 3 people dropped out of the last one so it's not crazy to assume it'll happen again.

Announcement #2: Drafting

Drafting will begin Friday around noon (not an exact time like this thread was, more of an estimate). I'll be around for the majority of the afternoon to get us started. But the draft thread will remain up as long as needed (within reason, probably a week at most) so there isn't a huge hurry unless you're after someone famous.

Note: Please read the draft thread before you PM me with your first pick...there will be a few rules to follow with drafting, and I want it to go as smoothly as possible.

Announcement #3: Matches

Here's how I determined it...before sign-ups started I decided that I would simply give you a number based upon when you signed up (1-16). That would determine first round match-ups. The bracket will look like this.

1-16
8-9
5-12
4-13

3-14
6-11
7-10
2-15

The winner of 1-16 will play the winner of 8-9 and so on. Here's the order of the sign-ups...

Scoobless ("signed up" back in the old tourney)
Khellendros
Longpig
Stormfront
Laminator
Zachrivard
Nataku
Dizzle
Sentry
Solidus Snake
Dr. SpiderHulk
Jinzin
Piedmon
KVD
Newjak
Jplatinum

So matches will go like this...

Scoob v JP
Dizzle v Sentry
Laminator v Jinzin
SF v Piedmon

LP v KVD
Zachrivard v Dr. SH
Nataku v Solidus S.
Khell v Newjak

The matches will happen in this order, and we'll be doing two fights per week. So Dizzle/Sentry/JP/Scoob will be the first to fight after drafting.

...all for now...

-DM

P.S. Sorry Scoob...he had to fight someone...hehe.

Last edited by Digi on Aug 24th, 2005 at 03:40 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 03:34 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't fancy Scoobs chances in the first round shifty

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 03:37 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Scoob is the underdog!

Damn... The winner between me and Dizzle will have to face Scoob or.... JP! Sorry Dizzle, that's gonna be me. smile

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 03:40 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote