KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Eternal Sunshine of Guy222's and Rao's Minds

Eternal Sunshine of Guy222's and Rao's Minds
Started by: Youma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15222): « First ... « 15119 15120 [15121] 15122 15123 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Disney isnt good at animated violence

Agreed. With Spectacular Spiderman, WATXM, and Avengers EMH, Marvel was on a real hot streak. They hit a brick wall once Disney took over.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 07:40 PM
JayDaDon is currently offline Click here to Send JayDaDon a Private Message Find more posts by JayDaDon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Action scenes were generally ok, it's the writing that sucks. Directing those shows towards the children AND giving them this stupid reality show vibe --- completely unnecessary.

Then you have this stupid CGI animation shit. IM and CA: Heroes United.

I'd like to see Michael Bay take a crack at the DC cinematic universe.

Not like he can make it any worse..

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 01:37 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Agreed. With Spectacular Spiderman, WATXM, and Avengers EMH, Marvel was on a real hot streak. They hit a brick wall once Disney took over.

Exactly

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 11:04 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

EMH for me was the best animated show since JLU ended. I even liked it more than Young Justice.

Originally posted by cdtm
I'd like to see Michael Bay take a crack at the DC cinematic universe.

Not like he can make it any worse..

Don't underestimate him.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 03:56 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by -Pr-
EMH for me was the best animated show since JLU ended. I even liked it more than Young Justice.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:39 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Hey, I like YJ plenty. I just would have rather seen a show about the actual League.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:03 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Hey, I like YJ plenty. I just would have rather seen a show about the actual League.

PR we had 2 at the time and another now. We dont need more league shows.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 06:05 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Is that counting the Brave and the Bold?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 07:09 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

Me too. It was a great first watch, a FANTASTIC second watch through. It was probably the most comic accurate animated series while making the best story changes where needed. It was the avengers show I was waiting for since that old avengers show in the 90's let everyone down.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 07:12 PM
JayDaDon is currently offline Click here to Send JayDaDon a Private Message Find more posts by JayDaDon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Me too. It was a great first watch, a FANTASTIC second watch through. It was probably the most comic accurate animated series while making the best story changes where needed. It was the avengers show I was waiting for since that old avengers show in the 90's let everyone down.

This very much. At the time the EMH show was a better Avengers experience than their contemporary Avengers comics.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 07:18 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

PR we had 2 at the time and another now. We dont need more league shows.

5-10 minute shorts is not the same thing as a full-blown show, and JLU stopped airing in 2006.

If anything, we're due another one.

It really was excellent.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 07:48 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Bentley
Is that counting the Brave and the Bold?

B&tB was too Wayne centric to be considered. Although, I did admire the campiness and the frequency of the guest stars.

5-10 minute shorts is not the same thing as a full-blown show, and JLU stopped airing in 2006.

If anything, we're due another one.

It really was excellent.

All true. But Id rather shed light on lesser knowns and since we are aging its good to see younger generatoons embrace characters they can relate to

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:32 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

on artwork alone, there's no way EMH was better than YJ.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 09:06 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

B&tB was too Wayne centric to be considered. Although, I did admire the campiness and the frequency of the guest stars.

All true. But Id rather shed light on lesser knowns and since we are aging its good to see younger generatoons embrace characters they can relate to

JLU spent a large part of the last few seasons focusing on different characters in each episode. No other comic-book cartoon has done that to my recollection.

Even the big arc with Cadmus focused less on the big seven and more on the rest of the characters.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 09:11 PM
cdtm
@#$%

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ2KzcSD1pE

"Rise and Fall of the Comic Empire", a.k.a. "How the people that now supply the military almost crashed the comic book industry".

I watch this about once a year, since it's been out in 2011 or so. As a kid who grew up during that entire era, it's good stuff.

Last edited by cdtm on Oct 5th, 2017 at 11:31 PM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 11:22 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

thumb up thumb up thumb up

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 12:03 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

Not only that:

Best.opening.ever

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 12:37 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by cdtm
Not only that:

Best.opening.ever

Nope YJ is better

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 12:56 AM
cdtm
@#$%

It's good:

Doesn't do it for me like EMH does though.

And objectively, EMH has way more thought put into it. The lyrics effectively discribing each character, between kickass transitions.

Imo.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 01:00 AM
cdtm
@#$%

Here's one with the lyrics:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nkbPcnSpH70#t=0m51s

"The worlds about to break, tormented and attacked" *Cut to Hulk* "Lost from when we wake" *Cut to Cap* "With no way to get back" *Cut to Thor* "I'm Standing on my own" *Cut to Iron Man* ect ect.

A masterpiece.

Last edited by cdtm on Oct 6th, 2017 at 01:21 AM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 01:09 AM