KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Eternal Sunshine of Guy222's Mind

Eternal Sunshine of Guy222's Mind
Started by: Youma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15134): « First ... « 15120 15121 [15122] 15123 15124 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Spectacular Spider-Man intro > EMH intro

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 01:35 AM
marwash22 is online now! Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Yuck. I missed Spectacular - one of the rare Spidey things I skipped - but that's not a good intro.

EMH was good. The Young Justice one was to the point but good too. Gimme 90s X-Men and Spider-Man any day though:

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 01:48 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Or the gold standard:

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 01:48 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
Or the gold standard:

Im assuming thats B:Tas

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 02:14 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Im assuming thats B:Tas

thumb up

I was actually thrilled when I saw it glitched. It forced someone to guess what it was. Anything but B:TAS would have been incorrect.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 03:05 AM
CosmicComet

EHM > Young Justice easy.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 03:09 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
EHM > Young Justice easy.

It's cool you have that opinion, but factually, Young Justice is superior.

On a technical level, EMH doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as YJ. EMH has some of the laziest modern day animation in existence... it's like 20fps, and that's being generous, it often times used bullshit overlayed static cells, shaded silhouettes, and more editing than a Michael Bay movie.

Thematically and tonally, YJ shits on EMH, which is hilarious considering YJ is about teenagers and EMH is about adults. EMH was very juvenile in it's rendering and in it's dialogue.

Voice acting... not even close.

it's cool if you liked EMH more, but saying it's objectively better than YJ is nonsense.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:16 AM
marwash22 is online now! Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

even with it's flaws, EMH was still waaaaaay better than Avengers Assemble, which speaks to how shitty Avengers Assemble is.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:19 AM
iceman24567

I enjoyed YJ more for sure

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:10 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Hero Class

@Marwash: sorry in advance for the quote system of the forum being shit.

I think that bashing EMH tonally misses the point of it mimicking classic Avengers comics. The writing is fun, to the point and constructs the universe in an old school but cohesive way. I agree that the dialogue could be more nuanced but it's serviceable as it needs to be in that kind of show.

Trying to communicate the fun of comicbooks beats the point of having "adult characters" act as adults. I actually think JL cartoons do a good job in that regard too when they are not trying hard to sell us "high stakes".

Still, technically I agree in every other point, EMH wasn't given the animation/voice team it deserved, it's saved because its writing is top tier in the genre.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 07:58 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Hero Class

thumb up

I was actually thrilled when I saw it glitched. It forced someone to guess what it was. Anything but B:TAS would have been incorrect.

BtAs is better than the source material.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 07:59 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

Yuck. I missed Spectacular - one of the rare Spidey things I skipped -

I can't oversell it here...Spectacular is one of the very best portrayals of the character ever, besides the comics themselves. As a Spider-man fan, you may want to check it out.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 08:36 AM
JayDaDon is currently offline Click here to Send JayDaDon a Private Message Find more posts by JayDaDon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

Originally posted by marwash22
on artwork alone, there's no way EMH was better than YJ.

Totally different types of shows. YJ is really for YA. The artwork was good, but the fight scenes were forgettable. EMH and Spectacular were two shows that simplified design to make the fights shine, and they really had some of the most epic fights ever.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 08:38 AM
JayDaDon is currently offline Click here to Send JayDaDon a Private Message Find more posts by JayDaDon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by JayDaDon
The artwork was good, but the fight scenes were forgettable.
i disagree. The fight scenes were incredibly well animated, smooth.

Originally posted by JayDaDon
EMH and Spectacular were two shows that simplified design to make the fights shine, and they really had some of the most epic fights ever.
wrong.

You can't lump SMS in with EMH. You're conflating art design with lazy animation. SMS and EMH may have shared similar art design, but the animation of EMH was based on symmetrical drawings that are easier to mirror in the animation process, meaning the animators had a lot less work to do... that's not the case with SMS. SMS did not use cycled animation like EMH, and none of the animation flaws of EMH are present in SMS. SMS had some of the smoothest animation of it's time... which is why i like it and YJ more than EMH.

EMH had epic fights, sure, but the animation of those fights was poor at best. If you watch fight scenes in EMH, you'll notice rapid cuts all over the place because the animators only drew a select number of frames, making the animation choppy... which they compensated for by using the previously mention editing cuts.

(please log in to view the image)

look at the smooth animation in that gif., YJ was animated on at least 45fps you won't find that in EMH.

there are no cycles in that animation. no edits to hide missing frames.

your "epic" argument is like saying one of the Transformer movies had better fights than The Raid 2.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 11:19 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

not even trying to be funny... this, done by one person in Adobe FLASH is better animated than the animation in EMH which was done by an entire team of people.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 11:33 AM
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

wrong.

You can't lump SMS in with EMH. You're conflating art design with lazy animation. SMS and EMH may have shared similar art design, but the animation of EMH was based on symmetrical drawings that are easier to mirror in the animation process, meaning the animators had a lot less work to do... that's not the case with SMS. SMS did not use cycled animation like EMH, and none of the animation flaws of EMH are present in SMS. SMS had some of the smoothest animation of it's time... which is why i like it and YJ more than EMH.

EMH had epic fights, sure, but the animation of those fights was poor at best. If you watch fight scenes in EMH, you'll notice rapid cuts all over the place because the animators only drew a select number of frames, making the animation choppy... which they compensated for by using the previously mention editing cuts.

look at the smooth animation in that gif., YJ was animated on at least 45fps you won't find that in EMH.

your "epic" argument is like saying one of the Transformer movies had better fights than The Raid 2.

Always avoided SSM cos I didn't like the art style. Is it any good?

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 11:45 AM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Dont know why i abbreviated Spectacular Spider Man as "SMS".

But yeah, it was a quality show. It got cancelled for similar reasons as EMH

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 11:57 AM
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

Cool I need more shows, I'll check it out.

Anyone here watched Dirk Gently?

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 12:21 PM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

yup. Very cool show.

Season 2 starts on the 14th

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 01:28 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

wrong.

Blame Raoul and his EMH propaganda

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 01:46 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote