KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Eternal Sunshine of Guy222's and Rao's Minds

Eternal Sunshine of Guy222's and Rao's Minds
Started by: Youma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15693): « First ... « 15121 15122 [15123] 15124 15125 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
What did you think of the first one?
Liked it.
Originally posted by -Pr-
Oh, why not?

I thought it was good, yeah. Not the best horror movie ever, but nowhere near shit.
I just felt like none of the charm and uniqueness from the first carried over.

It just felt like random pandering was thrown into the film for no reason.

SLJ was also a much better antagonist than Moore; she wasn't even interesting with her gimmicks.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 03:38 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Smurph
imo, IT was better than the sum of its parts. Left the movie with a very satisfied 'horror movie' feel, even though the acting wasn't great, the effects weren't great at parts, and it was longer than needed.
I still need to see it.

I wanna see American Assassin too.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 03:46 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Mindset
SLJ was also a much better antagonist than Moore; she wasn't even interesting with her gimmicks.
That's too bad. She's normally a reason I'd go see movies.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 03:57 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Liked it. I just felt like none of the charm and uniqueness from the first carried over.

Oh, sorry, I thought you were talking about IT. I've heard similar things about Kingsman to what you said.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 04:01 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Lol I see none of these lazy animation techniques in EMH. If any other poster sees these, ANYONE else, please let me know specifically what there is. I saw nothing lazy in that Graviton fight. That was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. If we have to go with a fine toothed comb looking for them...they may not matter???
again, no offense, but you don't see the flaws, because you don't know what you're looking at.

I already mentioned what the flaws are, and for anyone who has a passing knowledge of animation, a fine tooth comb is not necessary to see where shortcuts were taken. In the Graviton fight alone, there are 38 edits (quick cuts to the next scene where, if done correctly, there would be a transition to the next movement) to hide missing frames. In that same seen there are 6 different uses of cycling... which is something you'd have to go back to early Mickey Mouse or Popeye cartoons to find again.

PR is exactly right. Two things that are more important than animation quality are story and character. EMH nails both in keeping the spirit of the original Avengers comics as well as staying true to the characters.
you're saying this as if the characterization or story in YJ wasn't superb.

Also, you're contradicting yourself. In one breath you're saying you don't see the flaws in EMH's animation, but then you're saying there are more important things than animation, in an animated show... seemingly conceding the point that EMH was poorly animated.

Originally posted by Damborgson
EMH is better. PR put it well.
Pr made no arguments that prove EMH is better than YJ, he gave reasons why he preferred EMH.

I don't care if you liked EMH more, you'll never catch me debating a person's preference or opinion, but unless you have facts to back it up, it's dumb of you to just say EMH was a better overall show.
Originally posted by cdtm
Imo, the two are best discribed:

Young Justice: Long slow burn. Masterful world building. Every episode matters, and every episode rewards you for the long haul.

EMH: Balls to the wall thrillride in each episode. You can get away with skipping the odd ep, and you'll still have a blast.

They're really very different experiences, imo.
yeesh.

to me that says a lot about anyone who preferred EMH over YJ... basically, you value loud noises and bright colors over substance.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 06:31 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Liked it. I just felt like none of the charm and uniqueness from the first carried over.

this is accurate.

but i still enjoyed it for the most part. It was fun... like EMH.
I wanna see American Assassin too.
good movie. won't spoil it, but i think you'll dig it if you can ignore how close to home it hits in light of recent events.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Tell us if it was good.
Blade Runner was excellent. very much in line with continuing the story. If you liked the original, you'll like this one.

it's long af tho. Could use some editing.

Last edited by marwash22 on Oct 7th, 2017 at 06:43 AM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 06:33 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by marwash22
I don't care if you liked EMH more, you'll never catch me debating a person's preference or opinion

Isn't that what you're doing? We're really just talking about my preference not which is outright "better". As I already said, they are very different shows in what they want to accomplish. YJ was a good jumping on point for new fans and to get a younger generation, EHM is like Marvel's incredibly short lived version of JLU. Stories about the avengers or JL done right will always get more of my interest.

Last edited by BruhMan on Oct 7th, 2017 at 06:46 AM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 06:44 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by marwash22
on artwork alone, there's no way EMH was better than YJ.
Totally different types of shows. YJ is really for YA. The artwork was good, but the fight scenes were forgettable. EMH and Spectacular were two shows that simplified design to make the fights shine, and they really had some of the most epic fights ever.

i said YJ was a better show. If you didn't disagree, what was the point of replying to me?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 06:53 AM
-Pr-

To be fair, I said I thought EMH was the best animated show since JLU ended, which would suggest I put it above YJ.

YJ does have superior animation though.

TBH, the more I think about it, the more it's a toss up for me. YJ had long arcs, which I do like as a format, but it either dragged them out or just didn't focus on the characters it should have. A bunch of stuff was never really resolved, though I would hope that season 3 does that for us.

EMH was like watching old comics translated to the screen, and there really isn't a price you can put on that. And for the most part it did humour better, imo.

Though that "Miss Martian is Canary" scene was ****ing hilarious.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 08:06 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

you guys need to stop watching cartoons, grow up already!

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 10:05 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW

Originally posted by The Nuul
you guys need to stop watching cartoons, grow up already!

Too late for growing up. We can only devolve.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 10:46 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

you should post a pic of your cock again, I would much rather see that! smile

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 10:53 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW

(please log in to view the image)

love

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 11:09 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

To be fair, I said I thought EMH was the best animated show since JLU ended, which would suggest I put it above YJ.

YJ does have superior animation though.

TBH, the more I think about it, the more it's a toss up for me. YJ had long arcs, which I do like as a format, but it either dragged them out or just didn't focus on the characters it should have. A bunch of stuff was never really resolved, though I would hope that season 3 does that for us.

EMH was like watching old comics translated to the screen, and there really isn't a price you can put on that. And for the most part it did humour better, imo.

Though that "Miss Martian is Canary" scene was ****ing hilarious.

Agreed. EMH is more of a love letter to the comic fans. Longtime readers actually get alot of love which is a dying sentiment.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 06:15 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 11:30 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Did anyone bother to see Kingsman or the Foreigner. Headed out to the movies

Kingsman was dope.

I'm Superman. I can do anything.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 05:35 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Pr, did you like star trek nemesis?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 06:10 PM
Smurph
------

I liked Kingsman enough, but the cast was overstuffed with stars.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 06:25 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Originally posted by The Nuul
Pr, did you like star trek nemesis?

laughing out loud

No.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 10:28 PM
iceman24567

laughing out loud

No.
How do you feel about Discovery so far?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 10:33 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote