KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Eternal Sunshine of Guy222's and Rao's Minds

Eternal Sunshine of Guy222's and Rao's Minds
Started by: Youma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15191): « First ... « 15163 15164 [15165] 15166 15167 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xJLxKing

Hope everything ends up being good. I don’t know the situation but best wishes to your mom

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 07:13 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
My mother's 4th week in the hospital.

Please say your prayer or whatever else you do in such case.

Thank you all in advance.

Damn dude, hope she pulls through.

Originally posted by Philosophía
Yeah Civil War also, to a lesser extent than the other two, but I'm not a fan of Avengers, which is a very thin movie for me in retrospect.

DOFP still surpasses, emotionally, anything that has come from Marvel, to me. Winter Soldier's end scene is the only one that came close.

I'm a big fan of Magneto, so my filter is a bit personalized, for what it's worth.

But then you have stuff like Logan, which works great both as a post-apocalyptical drama and a superhero movie, X-Men 2 and Spiderman II [both almost at the peak of pure superhero movies], X-Men First Class [depth, even though it missed its mark with the kids, but Eric/Xavier more than make up for it], Deadpool [which is what Marvel wishes it would be in terms of humor], it beats them. Movies like Spiderman I and X-Men I are often forgotten, but they can compete with any Marvel movie besides the very top and are, imo, even better.

I think the franchises were too tainted by the latter movie to really be appreciated individually.

No, it didn't. SHUT UP!

thumb up

No soul perfectly describes them. It's like a formula that is slightly tweaked each time, and you have to convince yourself that the taste is different.

You know how I feel about the original X-Men trilogy for the most part, but I am curious what it is about DOFP that surpasses them emotionally. I've watched both cuts, so I don't think I've missed anything.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied – chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 08:51 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
Still Thor

Stay strong Stilt. Best wishes.

Thanks Galan

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 12:41 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Positive thoughts and energy to you and your fam stilt.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 04:18 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
LiZod

Sorry to hear. My prayers are with your family.

Sig by Rao Kal El

http///www.raptorrules.com

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 04:40 AM
Badabing is online now! Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

I hope everything turns out ok.

I'll say a prayer for her.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 05:56 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Reborn

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 04:03 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

It amazes me that people would rank Deadpool over Ragnarok

IMO, Deadpool can't stand on its own as an action movie, and as a comedy it suffers from the same problems as Deadpool comics: too much Deadpool.

I'm hoping that the second one improves by bringing in Cable to make the script a little more dynamic...

Sorry Stilt - best wishes for your family.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 04:32 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Sorry to hear that Stilt. All the best

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 04:49 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
God of Thunder

Deadpool was pretty good. Ain't no Ragnarok though.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 05:02 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

So.....I know where Brucie went.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 05:13 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Originally posted by Smurph
It amazes me that people would rank Deadpool over Ragnarok

IMO, Deadpool can't stand on its own as an action movie, and as a comedy it suffers from the same problems as Deadpool comics: too much Deadpool.

I'm hoping that the second one improves by bringing in Cable to make the script a little more dynamic...

Sorry Stilt - best wishes for your family.

For me at least, it comes down to the fact that both were given to us as more comedy than anything else, and on that alone, Deadpool is funnier to me.

And less disappointing than Ragnarok was too. I'm surprised at how highly rated T:R is, tbh.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied – chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 06:38 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Ragnarok > Deadpool

While Deadpool as a stand alone movie is better than Ragnarok, the marvel cinematic universe that has been build in the last 7 years enhances it. The characters in Ragnarok all have a richer history that Deadpool can't match.

With that said, as stand alone films, Logan, Deadpool, X-2, Spiderman 2 are far superior than majority of Marvel Studio movies. Ironman 1 is the only one that matches and surpasses them

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 07:18 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
God of Thunder

Spider 2 I'll give u. I'd rank WS, CW, and Avng easily above those u listed. "Far superior" is a bit much.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 07:37 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

I honestly hated Civil War. Outside of the few fight scenes, the story itself was just as bad as SvB. Like Ragnarok, it never felt like anyone would get hurt or move the story forward.
Avengers, honestly, rewatching doesn't feel as good as the first time. Back then it was good because of the first real team fight.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 07:42 PM
krisblaze

I never understood why people ranked SM 2 higher than the first.

The final fight with the Goblin still holds up.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 08:25 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

because to this day, the Doc Ock bank/train fight is still the best scene in any Spider-Man movie.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 08:27 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
God of Thunder

BvS....? sick

Avng >>>>> BvS

Doc Ock in S2 is up there. S1 with Goblin was great too.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Nov 11th, 2017 at 08:36 PM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 08:34 PM
iceman24567

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
BvS....? sick

Avng >>>>> BvS

Doc Ock in S2 is up there. S1 with Goblin was great too.
thumb up Winter Soldier had a bunch of good fight scenes even the car chase was pretty awesome.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 08:56 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by krisblaze
I never understood why people ranked SM 2 higher than the first.

The final fight with the Goblin still holds up.

The final fight was decent even today, but the fight between Spiderman and Doc at the train is still one of the best. The movie in general has everything, from character development to pacing.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 09:11 PM