KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Eternal Sunshine of Guy222's and Rao's Minds

Eternal Sunshine of Guy222's and Rao's Minds
Started by: Youma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15880): « First ... « 15355 15356 [15357] 15358 15359 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

I felt tension watching all the "dangerous" scenes in the pixar films. As a kid. The grave yard of dead heroes Bob stumbles upon in The Incredibles used to freak me out.

Much like how my niece covered her eyes when she saw the pile of bodies in GotG 2 or Ultron being weird on that dark factory in Avengers 2. As an adult I felt nothing resembling tension during those scenes. I also feel no tension watching A Bugs Life, Toy Story etc.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Mar 12th, 2018 at 12:47 AM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 12:38 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by krisblaze
**** you stilt, me and Phil have been railing on Whedon for years now.

I'll do you one better, most of the Marvel movies are lackluster.

How they've become so popular I'll never understand. Absolute joke compared to the better x-men movies.

They couldn't build tension to save their lives.

marvel movies have better characters, humor, action, music , more relateable scenes better acting and dynamic and the shared universe idea was a hit

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 12:39 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Ain't got nothin'

Originally posted by Tzeentch
I felt tension watching all the "dangerous" scenes in the pixar films. As a kid. The grave yard of dead heroes Bob stumbles upon in The Incredibles used to freak me out.

Much like how my niece covered her eyes when she saw the pile of bodies in GotG 2 or Ultron being weird on that dark factory in Avengers 2. As an adult I felt nothing resembling tension during those scenes. I also feel no tension watching A Bugs Life, Toy Story etc.
mayhaps. I don't really feel any tension or danger in most movies either though. Unless something flips the script early or really conveys it well, all movies recently just fall flat.
TV shows seem to do this much better than movies nowadays. I'm not saying Marvel movies are good or anything, just that most movies as a whole can't portray this danger recently. Even something like Supernatural in the current season can do it better, and you know Sam and Dean come out smelling like roses.

I do need to rewatch Bambi one day though. I mean, it's not going to stop me from murdering does but I do need to see it again to see if it does anything.

~ This Person is my favorite member on KMC ~

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 12:52 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I don't think I could make it past the creepy critters welcoming Bambi into the world anymore.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 12:55 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Ain't got nothin'

Originally posted by cdtm
I don't think I could make it past the creepy critters welcoming Bambi into the world anymore.
I don't even remember anything except the dead doe scene. Everytime I go hunting with my one buddy, he calls every doe Bambi's Mom, and he almost steers away from trying to kill them because they're Bambi's Mom, even though he's kind of a psycho.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 01:06 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

This soup kitchen I work at regularly get deer meat donated by hunters. This one lady turns it into a really good meatloaf.

On the foil, she always writes "Bambi's mother".

It really is GOOD meatloaf.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 01:22 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Ain't got nothin'

laughing out loud

Deer is really good as long as it doesn't "suffer" and you cut that silverskin off. Meatloaf is a new one to me though.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Mar 12th, 2018 at 01:39 AM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 01:36 AM
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by krisblaze
**** you stilt, me and Phil have been railing on Whedon for years now.

I'll do you one better, most of the Marvel movies are lackluster.

How they've become so popular I'll never understand. Absolute joke compared to the better x-men movies.

They couldn't build tension to save their lives.

The x-men movies i find mega overrated. Most consider First class the best one. Really? The movie with the guy who's power it is to adapt to anything, being the only student to die? The movies focus heavily on 2 to 3 characters with many getting minimum focus, which is why the MCU is shaping up much better as a cinematic universe. You may not care about Hawkeye much, but you know what his deal is, what he'd say or do in a situation, and you're glad to see him when he's onscreen. They've been very good for the most part at making every player matter.

Last edited by BruhMan on Mar 12th, 2018 at 02:52 AM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 02:49 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW

Originally posted by Badabing
I have destroyed Pr

Is he on vacation or what?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 02:55 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by JayDaDon
The x-men movies i find mega overrated. Most consider First class the best one. Really? The movie with the guy who's power it is to adapt to anything, being the only student to die? The movies focus heavily on 2 to 3 characters with many getting minimum focus, which is why the MCU is shaping up much better as a cinematic universe. You may not care about Hawkeye much, but you know what his deal is, what he'd say or do in a situation, and you're glad to see him when he's onscreen. They've been very good for the most part at making every player matter.

good post. first xmen movies focused on logan. first class spread ot out with x and mags buit went back to logan on dofp. none truly shines but him

avengers lets everyone get the spotlight

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 03:50 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Ain't got nothin'

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Is he on vacation or what?
From living

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 04:47 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Marvel films are at their core, Disney movies. How many Pixar films can you recall watching in which you felt any tangible sense of tension or foreboding?

Cars 3.

A movie that also happens to be better than the whole MCU.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 05:19 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by Sin I AM
good post. first xmen movies focused on logan. first class spread ot out with x and mags buit went back to logan on dofp. none truly shines but him

avengers lets everyone get the spotlight

Even Logan was a bit overrated. The third act was really REALLY familiar comic book movie fare only this time they just [SPOILER - highlight to read]: killed Logan and drained it for all the sadness it was worth.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 06:30 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Ain't got nothin'

Originally posted by One Big Mob
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I also thought Malcom was going to have a relationship with the nurse, same as Trinity
Ha!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 06:40 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Bentley
Cars 3.

A movie that also happens to be better than the whole MCU.
There's a Cars 3?

There's a Cars 2?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 11:21 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

cars 3 was good

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 11:32 PM
Mindset

I've never seen Cars and I hate anyone who has.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 12:01 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW

Originally posted by Mindset
I've never seen Cars and I hate anyone who has.

This is how I feel, too.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 12:05 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I liked JJ S1. Just finished S2. I'm not going to spoiler tag the below because it talks in broad strokes without details. But if you want a clear slate when you watch it, maybe skip...

It was painful, and not in any sort of good way. I don't mind slowing things down for a character study, but there's more action in some 5-minute stretches of DD than there is in the entire season. She's also the most anti-hero of the Defenders bunch, but it was just bleak and dour with zero humor or levity...like the opposite problem of recent MCU movies. In the end, it's a superhero show, and they sorta forgot that. They also didn't know what to do with Carrie-Anne Moss, so they gave her a few good scenes but a plotline that was basically going on in parallel to the main plot, intersecting in perfunctory ways only.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 12:25 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Just read the first sentence.

Thanks for the heads up.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 12:54 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote