KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Who is the most overrated comic book character in all of comics?

Who is the most overrated comic book character in all of comics?
Started by: the Darkone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
olympian

How blind i am.

Im in fact underrating him eh wink

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 09:49 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by olympian
How blind i am.

Im in fact underrating him eh wink
Underrating who?

Wolverine?

Meh, I've noticed alot of animosity towards him on the boards, and alot of people don't seem to know what he's fully capable of . . . But I would say that the hatred here and the love in the real world pretty much balance each other out.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 09:55 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Things that he should be capable of, i dont underrate him.

But when hes shown to be able to stab - a Thanos using the IG -, its goes off charts. Whats next, he can stab the Living Tribunal too?

Last edited by olympian on Aug 25th, 2005 at 10:04 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 10:00 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Creshosk
Underrating who?

Wolverine?

Meh, I've noticed alot of animosity towards him on the boards, and alot of people don't seem to know what he's fully capable of . . . But I would say that the hatred here and the love in the real world pretty much balance each other out.
Please, alot of people don't know what he SHOULDN'T be capable of, thats more of what it is.
You aren't really helping your credibilty.

Wolverine is a normal hero, he is a great character, but in an objective debate, where we lay them side by side, ability by ability...

go check wolverine vs metallo, carnage, godzilla, 5 elder preds.

Its insane.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 10:03 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by olympian
Things that he should be capable i never underrate him.

But when hes shown to be able to stab Thanos with ig. Its going off charts. Whats next, he can stab the Living Tribunal too?
Everyone has bouts of accomplishments they shouldn't do.

Stabbing thanos, standing up to(not being moved by) a Namor punch, yeah these are things that were done for the sake of the plot.

But everyone does things like this. . . Of course the higher up on the scale a person is the more they should be allowed to fluctuate.

However Wolverine probably doesn't have the most feats that should be outside of his described abilities. . .

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 10:05 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Everyone has bouts of accomplishments they shouldn't do.

Stabbing thanos, standing up to(not being moved by) a Namor punch, yeah these are things that were done for the sake of the plot.

But everyone does things like this. . . Of course the higher up on the scale a person is the more they should be allowed to fluctuate.

However Wolverine probably doesn't have the most feats that should be outside of his described abilities. . .

Ummm yes he does, the problem is :

800 lifting weight,

peak human speed and agility

super senses and fighting skill don't equate to fighting galactus.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 10:09 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

Underrating who?

Wolverine?

The REAL sad thing about Wolverine is...he is an interesting, deep, colorful and capable character who would still feature these qualities WITHOUT stupid writers, thinking a character has to act over his abilities constantly to be considered cool by the readers!!!
In fact they exactly causing the opposite effect on me! mad

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 10:29 PM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by wannabe
The REAL sad thing about Wolverine is...he is an interesting, deep, colorful and capable character who would still feature these qualities WITHOUT stupid writers, thinking a character has to act over his abilities constantly to be considered cool by the readers!!!

agreed his best victories are when he didn't have the claws always out, or the super ultra healing, he used more skill to win...

But, sales counts, and marvel is in a writing slump trying to please fanboys.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 10:31 PM
Creshosk

Originally posted by wannabe
I know what you mean. My personal faveorite moments are not the fight scenes, though there are some that are funny or cool or whatever. . . I love when he's just hanging out though.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 10:58 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I know what you mean. My personal faveorite moments are not the fight scenes, though there are some that are funny or cool or whatever. . . I love when he's just hanging out though.
agreed

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 11:00 PM
King KAM

Spiderman..... whistle

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 11:02 PM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Wolverine...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 11:03 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Apocalypse or the High Evolutionary

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 11:03 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by King KAM
Spiderman..... whistle
oh yea, let me tell you.

Him, thing, and namor are sooo overrated...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 11:04 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by pr1983
Wolverine...
"You just don't understand wolverien, he's capable of soo much". rolling on floor laughing

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 11:04 PM
King KAM

The reason why people are in love wiht Wolverine is because he must have some of the best character writing and development ever. He isnt extradinary in anything but h2h, but he is still probably everyones favorite, why??? Because the people that write his Storylines write their ASSES off.... and hey i aint mad at him... dont hate the player hate the game...

WORD!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 11:08 PM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

The reason why people are in love wiht Wolverine is because he must have some of the best character writing and development ever. He isnt extradinary in anything but h2h, but he is still probably everyones favorite, why??? Because the people that write his Storylines write their ASSES off.... and hey i aint mad at him... dont hate the player hate the game...

WORD!
Knock yourself out....

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=2

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 11:12 PM
King KAM

Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
Who? confused

ghostbusters???

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 11:15 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

ghostbusters???
(please log in to view the image)

Who ya gonna call?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 11:20 PM
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Re Wolvie: When he's written overpowered it's stupid and boring. The way he roughed up Namor in New Invaders made me want to put the book down. I didn't so much mind him stabbing Thanos in that it was totally ineffective, although it shows the general misunderstanding of how much force Logan should be able to put behind his claws. There unbreakable and quite sharp, but he still needs enough force to break an object's surface tension, which for Thanos, the Hulk, or other such creatures is far more than he should really be able to exert. Really, anything that can stop an AP rifle round ought to be claw-proof unless there's a super-strong arm behind it.

Bone-claw feral Logan was profoundly bad. Dark Pheonix saga through the Austrailia period was perfect.

For most overrated though, I'll take Professor X. Far all they yammer on about how powerful he is, he's hardly ever able to accomplish anything significant. There's always some plot device or another holding him back. I wouldn't mind that so much, since every story ending with "and then Charles mind controls the bad guy" would be lame, except that they're constantly hyping how big and powerful he is.

In both cases, less would be more.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 11:35 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote