KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Who is the most overrated comic book character in all of comics?

Who is the most overrated comic book character in all of comics?
Started by: the Darkone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Thor, nah, I'd take of him and spiderman, and add superman.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 08:57 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fanboy
Spider Man,Wolverine,Silver Surfer ,Thor.

Surfer and Thor? You kidding me? Surfer has nothing but good showings and crappy showings... Written well, he IS the fine line between Earth bound and Cosmic.

I don't think I've EVER seen Thor massively overrated here...

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 02:24 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Yep

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 04:01 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Wolverine obviously.

AND Captain America. When a thread between him and Ironman/Thor/etc. lasts for more than 1 page then OBVIOUSLY he's very overrated.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 04:09 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

stupid street level Ma's are always overrated...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 01:00 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by Fanboy
Spider Man,Wolverine,Silver Surfer ,Thor.
laughingMaybe you should put "DC" in front of your username.

Most overrated
1. Supes(and lame)
2. Batman(Cool character, but people let that go to their heads)
3.Wolverine(Extremely cool character, but people let that go to their heads)
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
stupid street level Ma's are always overrated...
Yeah. Martial Artists are cool though.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 08:06 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

b81, you should change your background to black your sig looks cool.

Oh and the cool Ma's also get to their heads, big grin

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 02:39 PM
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

damn this shit's going to be so unanimous... it shouldnt be asked

we all know people will say wolverine... i can not only predict it, i can smell it cool

ok let's see why:

he defeated spidey more times than not...
he cuts the hulk
he survived a punch from namor
he stabbed the thing
he survived a nuke
he survived a full sentinel blast (destroyed his flesh)
he almost killed human torch
he stabbed magneto

and

he regenerated from a drop of blood

yep. those are probably the main reasons people will give.

but does he sell? YES. does he appeal to both comic readers and non-comic readers? yes. is he the most bankable character in the comic biz? without a doubt.

let's talk about his personality too. is he a good character? definitely. is he a good person? not really.

in fact in the last issue of his self-named ongoing title(#31), fury said he killed 1,800 people from jersey to japan searching for the boy who died. the boy that caused the EOTS arc. damn. that alone speaks volumes of the man's character.

hate it or love it, over-rated or not.....

LOGAN > YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER

DarkCrawler >>> Your Favorite Sig-Maker

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 03:14 PM
#16 is currently offline Click here to Send #16 a Private Message Find more posts by #16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by brainchild81
laughingMaybe you should put "DC" in front of your username.

Most overrated
1. Supes(and lame)
2. Batman(Cool character, but people let that go to their heads)
3.Wolverine(Extremely cool character, but people let that go to their heads) Yeah. Martial Artists are cool though.

people are still saying wolverine is UNDERRATED, and that he beats people, (which he should have no business beating)

abomination, spiderman, lobo, etc.

Fanboys are what make wolverine what he is and then complain about it, ironic no?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 07:49 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

The problems with .....

...Superman?
While Supes is the prototypical superhero, I don't see him as an interesting character. He's extremely powerful and is too much of a square-jawed boy scout for my liking. He does have a place in the DC Comics universe, but outside of a couple episodes of Justice League, I've never seen him written as an interesting character.

Also, his movies suck. I like Superman 3 because of the fight between evil Supes and Clark Kent, but that's it. Christopher Reeve made a great Superman, but the movies had some ridiculous twists in them that showed that the writers had worked themselves into some serious corners. Lois Lane dies, so he turns back time. Time travel is always lame (I'm looking in your direction, J.K. Rowling) unless it's the focus of the story. Other films gave him lame powers that came out of nowhere, like the kiss of amnesia and rebuilding the Great Wall of China vision.

...Batman?
I like the core concept of Batman. Put him in the hands of Alan Moore, Jeph Loeb, or hopefully Christopher Nolan (director of the upcoming Batman Begins film) and I love Batman. But he's usually written really poorly. Most of my dislike of the character can be summed up in Frank Miller's story The Dark Knight Returns. This alternate universe tale is considered a classic Batman story and serves as inspiration for many modern Bat-tales. At the end of DKR, the government calls in Superman to stop Batman's one-man crusade...

First problem: Thanks to some massive military technology and some Kryptonite, Batman beats Superman. This seems to have spawned the notion that Batman is unbeatable if he has time to prepare for a fight. No. That's dumb. Batman is mortal. His rogues gallery is mortal. I don't care how long he prepares; if he goes up against someone who can casually fly through a sun, he gets his ass owned 99 times out of 100.

Second problem: The narrative makes Batman out to be justified in his actions. No. Batman is a lunatic. Just because he lost his parents does not give him the right to run around at night and beat up criminals. The only reason that anyone should sympathize with that psycho is that it's a comic and he usually manages to direct his rage in a constructive manner. Even then, the question should linger as to whether or not Batman is actually a good guy. Not enough folks in the comics (or the audience) ask that question. -Charlie Martin ( http://www.uvm.edu/~chmartin/ )

These are the words from a comic book reader who knows the truth and doeasn't let hype rule his judgement.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 06:53 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by grey fox
The problems with .....

...Superman?
While Supes is the prototypical superhero, I don't see him as an interesting character. He's extremely powerful and is too much of a square-jawed boy scout for my liking. He does have a place in the DC Comics universe, but outside of a couple episodes of Justice League, I've never seen him written as an interesting character.

read the comics... if you can get past the obvious back slapping i think you'd really like it... for a time i hated him... i thought what most people do, but i gave the comics a chance... i didnt regret it...

quote:
Also, his movies suck. I like Superman 3 because of the fight between evil Supes and Clark Kent, but that's it. Christopher Reeve made a great Superman, but the movies had some ridiculous twists in them that showed that the writers had worked themselves into some serious corners. Lois Lane dies, so he turns back time. Time travel is always lame (I'm looking in your direction, J.K. Rowling) unless it's the focus of the story. Other films gave him lame powers that came out of nowhere, like the kiss of amnesia and rebuilding the Great Wall of China vision.

The movies arent fair... and it was a generation ago... the public was different back then...

quote:
...Batman?
I like the core concept of Batman. Put him in the hands of Alan Moore, Jeph Loeb, or hopefully Christopher Nolan (director of the upcoming Batman Begins film) and I love Batman. But he's usually written really poorly. Most of my dislike of the character can be summed up in Frank Miller's story The Dark Knight Returns. This alternate universe tale is considered a classic Batman story and serves as inspiration for many modern Bat-tales. At the end of DKR, the government calls in Superman to stop Batman's one-man crusade...

It wasnt that bad... stick out tongue

quote:
First problem: Thanks to some massive military technology and some Kryptonite, Batman beats Superman. This seems to have spawned the notion that Batman is unbeatable if he has time to prepare for a fight. No. That's dumb. Batman is mortal. His rogues gallery is mortal. I don't care how long he prepares; if he goes up against someone who can casually fly through a sun, he gets his ass owned 99 times out of 100.

The OMAC series showed that imo...

quote:
Second problem: The narrative makes Batman out to be justified in his actions. No. Batman is a lunatic. Just because he lost his parents does not give him the right to run around at night and beat up criminals. The only reason that anyone should sympathize with that psycho is that it's a comic and he usually manages to direct his rage in a constructive manner. Even then, the question should linger as to whether or not Batman is actually a good guy. Not enough folks in the comics (or the audience) ask that question. -Charlie Martin ( http://www.uvm.edu/~chmartin/ )

These are the words from a comic book reader who knows the truth and doeasn't let hype rule his judgement.

Really good point... yes

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 11:50 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by pr1983
i gave the comics a chance... i didnt regret it...

Well you DO have a thing for misunderstood boyscouts. stick out tongue wink smile

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 01:16 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
broly112
Wally West

Barf screw you whirsplatt mike jones is hard

Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
Bardock you have a new sig its better smile

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 01:30 AM
broly112 is currently offline Click here to Send broly112 a Private Message Find more posts by broly112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote