KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Street-Level Tourney: Drafting (Round 1)

Street-Level Tourney: Drafting (Round 1)
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Darkhawk has been selected.

http://www.norse-man.net/Marvel/Char-D/Darkhawk.htm

The glider will be taken away (because of the no flight rule) but otherwise he seems within the rules.

Uhh, so how's that whole bodyswap thing gonna work? Are we just gonna give the android body the powers of the other two?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 03:53 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Deathstroke is going to be tough at this level

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 05:38 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Originally posted by Max Spidey 24
Spiderman is already taken. Why am I not surprised ?

He's the 'cap' so it goes to reason that he'll be snapped up right away.

What 'bodyswap' think is Khell referring to?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 05:55 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by K Von Doom
He's the 'cap' so it goes to reason that he'll be snapped up right away.

What 'bodyswap' think is Khell referring to?

The Darkhawk form isn't a suit of armor, it's an android body that Chris switches into. When he makes the switch his real body goes... somewhere (I don't remember where) else.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 06:14 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

The body switch thing won't work with a cyborg, since we are doing it literally.

A robot's body doesn't have what it takes to keep a human brain alive.
Especially not one that isn't designed to house a human brain.

I kinda hope I'm wrong....cuz...

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 06:14 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Originally posted by long pig
I kinda hope I'm wrong....cuz...

... the body you're using isn't designed to house a human brain?

It probably won't be much of an issue - we're using the minds (powers and experience) of the other two, not the physical brain, else you'd have to squash two brains into one human sized head.

Last edited by K Von Doom on Aug 27th, 2005 at 06:39 AM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 06:35 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, I just hope we aren't going -that- litteral.

I mean, like if someone is 8'4 and they pick wolverine's bones, they'll be squished or something retarded like that.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 06:44 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

isn't darkhawk magical?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 07:18 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by long pig
isn't darkhawk magical?

Yes Darkhawk is magical. He can also project shield in front of him strong enough to withstand a rpg blast or Iron Man Repulsor beams with ease. Plus Current Darkhawk can FLY!!! He doesn't need to use that grappling hook any more.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 03:07 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

yeah... but flying isn't allowed anyway .... plus as teleporting was banned, why did someone take NightCrawler?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 03:13 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Teleportation isn't banned. That was never a stipulation. Perhaps it should have been but it wasn't.

Also, Darkhawk's shield is only in front of him...I figured it wasn't all-encompassing so it wouldn't be a problem.

His glider has been taken away...the Darkhawk for the tourney can't fly.

And I'm not sure about the body thing. It'll probably be just the android body (with its strength and durability) and the powers and experience of the other two.

How is he magical?? Because otherwise we took away the flight so the pick should be ok.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 03:18 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 03:21 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

General Grievous has been taken

http://comics.ign.com/objects/739/739481.html

http://www.supershadow.com/pictures...ievous_ep3.html

http://www.answers.com/topic/general-grievous

He doesn't wield the force, so there's no telepathy or TK. Just his body and the lightsabers.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 03:27 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Teleportation isn't banned. That was never a stipulation. Perhaps it should have been but it wasn't.

my mistake

No phasing, illusions, invisibility, or flight

i must have imagined it

confused

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 03:42 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

why can't we just use certain abilities of characters. like i know a street-level character who can fly and has tp, but she also has other abilities that are okay for the tourney. why can't we just use the other abilities?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 04:00 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

i think you probably could do that.... but you'd have to specify what you would and wouldn't be using when you make the pick

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 04:59 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

so far we've got (in the order they were first posted)

1) Midnighter
2) Spider-Man
3) Deathstroke....... (what a shocker that these three went first.... eek! )
4) American Eagle
5) Doctor Octopus II
6) Agent Zero
7) Nightcrawler
8) Darkhawk
9) Cyclops
10) General Grievous

still got 6 to go...... i'd have thought that everyone who wanted to be in this would have tried to get their first choice character within the first 24 hours

any speculation so far as to who picked whom?..... so far only one chick... sorry.... i mean one "super" chick has been chosen... and the overwhelming tendency seems to be towards Marvel characters with very few exceptions

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 09:29 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

No one picked.... Wolverine!!!!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 10:02 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

not yet.... still a few people left to make their first choices...... there's bound to be at least one Wolverine fan amongst them

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 10:25 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by Scoobless
not yet.... still a few people left to make their first choices...... there's bound to be at least one Wolverine fan amongst them

"coughJinzincough"

Just kidding! big grin

Or am I? shifty

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 10:30 PM