KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Is Snape really evil?

Is Snape really evil?
Started by: Hermione122

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
undomiel
evenstar

snape is not bad and dumbledore was begging snape by the end to do what he had to do. i do not think that snape actually performed the killing curse. i think it was some kind of stunning thing.and
i dont think dumbledore is really dead.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 06:47 AM
undomiel is currently offline Click here to Send undomiel a Private Message Find more posts by undomiel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sasscat13

PURE EVIL!!!!!!

Attachment: hatesnape[1].gif
This has been downloaded 119 time(s).

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 02:58 PM
sasscat13 is currently offline Click here to Send sasscat13 a Private Message Find more posts by sasscat13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesuseyGoodness
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hermione122
Is Snape really evil or did D. wanted snape to kill him?? I think this could be all part of a big plan D. planed with snape...but i'm not really sure...
I think D. knew he would die because of the potion and so he wanted snape to kill him and V. would now be sure that snape is throuth and through a death eater.....so snape would had a better chance to help harry....
But why did D. trust Snape until the end??? What had happened or what had snape done, that D. trust him so much??? I don't think D. could be so wrong about snape, or not??....What do you think??

Ps: i'm german....and not so good at english.........so there could be many mistakes at writing.....sry xD embarrasment smile

Certinately not I. Guess what.....

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Snape is evil!

The Trio of Fire lives!!!!! However the flame may filcker, it's light will guide the world!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 09:17 PM
JesuseyGoodness is currently offline Click here to Send JesuseyGoodness a Private Message Find more posts by JesuseyGoodness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Surely another spell would have been said - ive forgotten the term - but when you say a spell without speaking...

JKR always brings up little things like that that seem to be the key to winning.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 09:52 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hp_roxsmysoxs

Well. I think snape's good. think about it... the unbreakable vow... well.. yea Snape was bound to it, but draco wasn't exactly incapable of killing Dumbledore at the time, he just chose not to, but he probably would have in the end. For some reason Voldemort really wants Draco to kill Dumbledore, and Voldemort is known for manipulating people, Draco killing Dumbledore must serve some purpose. So, Snape, by killing Dumbledore, prevented Voldemort from getting what he wanted, and at the same time he could use the unbreakable vow as an excuse. Plus, Snape, as an ex-potions master, might have recognized the effects of the potion and knew that Dumbledore was going to die anyways. Everything that I've said and the fact that for some reaoson Dumbledore has so much trust in Snape, convinces me that snape is

GOOD

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 09:57 AM
hp_roxsmysoxs is currently offline Click here to Send hp_roxsmysoxs a Private Message Find more posts by hp_roxsmysoxs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spurs4europe

Originally posted by Ushgarak
This statement belies simple desperation. He flew back out of drama. To suggest it was not the killing curse is VERY strange- it was said and used clearly. Dumbleedore is dead- his portrait is up and he fell, wandless, out of a huge tower.
Drama? JKR is very careful about details, and I can't see the logic of why he would fly backwards like he did if it wasn't the killer curse.

It was said, but he used a n/v spell instead. I think Dumbledore is dead, but it wasn't Snape that killed him (or if he did, it wasn't with the avada kedavra curse) - the poison among other things had finally finished him off.
quote:
Why? Did it look for one moment that Snape was GOING to go back on his word? He seemed to act without any hesitation at all.
You don't think it will look a bit suspicous if he hesitated?

I read somewhere else that Snape has constantly tried to expell Harry, and that they thought - why would Snape try to expell Harry if he knew it would put him in grave danger?

Well, the answer to that is simple - Up until Voldermort Snape has tried to expell Harry, but you'll notice since his return - Snape has never tried to get Harry expelled. The most recent example of when Snape could have expelled Harry is when he used the sectumsempra curse. Someone else said that Harry was lucky not to be expelled. If Snape was on Dumbledore's side, he would have expelled him.

Also, such a conclusive piece of evidence that Snape is on the good side is that when Dumbledore came back to school after getting rid of the horcrux in Marvlo's ring - it was Snape that stopped Dumbledore from being dead a lot earlier! Surely if Voldermort's plan was to get rid of Dumbledore, Snape would have let it happen then - but he didn't, because he has always been on Dumbledore's side. Dumbledore knew he was going to be dead at the end of the year, that's why he told Harry everything.

edit: Sorry, I've just joined this forum after typing in a search, and didn't realise that the thread was so old :doh:

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 12:39 PM
Spurs4europe is currently offline Click here to Send Spurs4europe a Private Message Find more posts by Spurs4europe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

If Snape actually killed Dumbledore I will burn all of the Potter books I own. It'd be so ridiculous. All of the novels have been building up to the fact that Snape is a good person, thus making a good portion of the novels a waste. I mean really, how many times does Snape have to save Harry's ass for Harry to trust him?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 05:54 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LadyofLight
Walk into the Light

I honestly believe that Snape will turn out to be one of the Good Guys.......There was some significant reason that Dumbledore trusted Snape so much and really believed that he was no longer a death eater.....I guess I'll find out soon

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 02:45 AM
LadyofLight is currently offline Click here to Send LadyofLight a Private Message Find more posts by LadyofLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korosan
Your Best Friend

While I've seen "Snape is Good because:blah blah" and "Snape is SO EVIL because: blah blah" nobody seems to have thought that maybe snape has his own agenda and isn't on anybodies side except his own and maybe somehow he plans to become the most powerful wizard so-on and so forth. sometimes not everything is necessarily "hes on this side!" or "hes on this other side idiot!" >_>

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 10:05 PM
Korosan is currently offline Click here to Send Korosan a Private Message Find more posts by Korosan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SeanTerry31

Originally posted by The Phantom
Snape is as good as the relationship between Harry and Ginny!

ARE YOU STUPID !!!!!! DID YOU READ THE BOOK?????? SNAPE KILLS DUMBELDORE DUHH!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 12:00 AM
SeanTerry31 is currently offline Click here to Send SeanTerry31 a Private Message Find more posts by SeanTerry31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by SeanTerry31
ARE YOU STUPID !!!!!! DID YOU READ THE BOOK?????? SNAPE KILLS DUMBELDORE DUHH!
Are you stupid and don't read around the details?

I'm amused how you went to my post of supporting him instead of anyone else. I smell a grudge for reporting your threads. ^.^

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 12:01 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ndfreak
Master Chief

guess what. When has DD ever feared death? NEVER! why would he beg snape to let him live if he does not fear death? I know some of you will say he wanted to help harry but DD couldn't always be there for him.
Its those things that make me think Snape is gooood. smile

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 12:33 AM
ndfreak is currently offline Click here to Send ndfreak a Private Message Find more posts by ndfreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korosan
Your Best Friend

Originally posted by ndfreak
guess what. When has DD ever feared death? NEVER! why would he beg snape to let him live if he does not fear death? I know some of you will say he wanted to help harry but DD couldn't always be there for him.
Its those things that make me think Snape is gooood. smile

ndfreak makes a good point about DD Happy Dance

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 03:26 AM
Korosan is currently offline Click here to Send Korosan a Private Message Find more posts by Korosan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasonowens4200

i think snape is good also who in their right mind would want to live in the shadows of V and besides DD for what i can tell has never been wrong

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 06:32 PM
jasonowens4200 is currently offline Click here to Send jasonowens4200 a Private Message Find more posts by jasonowens4200 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by jasonowens4200
i think snape is good also who in their right mind would want to live in the shadows of V and besides DD for what i can tell has never been wrong
To answer who in their right mind who would want to live in the shadows of Voldemort.... Death Eaters?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 07:06 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasonowens4200

yeah because theyre scared of him im just trying to agree with you that he is good

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 11:37 PM
jasonowens4200 is currently offline Click here to Send jasonowens4200 a Private Message Find more posts by jasonowens4200 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

But you need valid reasoning to do that.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 11:41 PM
jasonowens4200

i do have valid reason now dont i

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 10:01 PM
ndfreak
Master Chief

I new it!!! Snape is good!!! It was tragic how he died but i new he loved lilly. pluse the memories he had were awesome.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 12:34 AM
ndfreak is currently offline Click here to Send ndfreak a Private Message Find more posts by ndfreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Spoilers people... Though I agree with you, ndfreak-mun.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 06:03 AM