KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Season 5 Here we come!!! The WB's snynopsis

Season 5 Here we come!!! The WB's snynopsis
Started by: Jedi Priestess

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Sweet pics JP.

This wait it killing me, a bunch of shows premiere in the next week or two, why do we have to wait a month? sad

Atleast season 4 comes out on DVD next week, gives people plenty of time to catch up.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 08:51 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

New pic from Episode 1 of season 5 Arrival

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 11:08 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

... oops double post embarrasment

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 11:25 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

AND there is another trailer floating around out there. Trying to get a line on it. In the meantime, here are a couple of caps from it.
Thx to K-site and Mr. Video

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 11:25 AM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I cant wait to hear what Clark and Jor-El say in the premiere.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2005 01:00 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilvorlandobloom

ooh nice pics! big grinbig grin

Old Post Sep 8th, 2005 01:01 AM
ilvorlandobloom is currently offline Click here to Send ilvorlandobloom a Private Message Find more posts by ilvorlandobloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VenomVA

hope it's ALOT better than season 4!!!
Season 4 was kinda ummmmmm WEAK!!! X(

Old Post Sep 8th, 2005 05:39 AM
VenomVA is currently offline Click here to Send VenomVA a Private Message Find more posts by VenomVA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Yeah real weak, Clark flying and all. roll eyes (sarcastic) Puleeeese S4 was excellent.

In the meantime heres another bit of the spoilers.

Smallville Season Five: “Superman in Training”
Written by Scott Collura

Wednesday, 07 September 2005

By the sound of it, Al Gough, executive producer and co-creator of Smallville, is having fun preparing the popular “Young Superman” show for its fifth season on The WB. Take the question I lob at him regarding the new Fortress of Solitude, which will become a fixture on the show this season – will it be snowy and icy like in the movies?

“Actually, we thought it would be a tropical paradise on the beach! Really hot Kryptonian barmaids will be serving Clark umbrella drinks,” laughs the producer.

Who can blame Gough for feeling good? Smallville has proven to be a solid hit since its debut in 2001, and now as the fifth season approaches its debut on September 29 (and the DVD set for season four streets next week) the show seems to be going as strong as ever. Clark Kent (Tom Welling) will continue to explore his Kryptonian heritage more and more, Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s James Marsters will have a recurring role as the classic Superman villain Brainiac, Metropolis becomes a bigger part of Clark and his friends’ lives… oh yeah, and there’s also that Fortress of Solitude – which Gough finally admits will not be in the tropics.

“We are definitely keying off the [look] of the movies. Obviously, from the last scene of [last year’s] finale, when Clark threw the crystal, the Fortress of Solitude is going to play a part in season five,” he says, while also pointing out that a standing set has been built for the Fortress, which will be seen on a regular basis from now on – a fact which begs the question of how the non-flying Clark will get to the North Pole from Kansas each week. “You have the cave, which acts in the finale as a sort of stargate to get him there. And he’s also got super-speed if he ever wants to stretch his legs!”

The Fortress will serve an overarching story purpose for Clark in addition to being a cool set to shoot on, though.

“I think you’ll see from how it works [that] it doesn’t have quite the point and click technology of the movie,” Gough laughs. “There’s a little more to it than that. It’ll obviously open revelations to him about his heritage and sort of his destiny, but in a way that isn’t just, ‘Put in the crystal and get a download.’ Rip a crystal – the poetry crystal!”

Another major change this season is that the kids will now be going to college, which means more stories set in the big city of Metropolis – the place where Superman will eventually make his home.

“Chloe is going to Met U, and we’ll be drawing Clark into more of those stories,” says Gough. “We’ll see more of the Daily Planet. And then the big question is who or what the hell is in that spaceship [from the finale last year]? But you’ll see that the breadth of storytelling that we can do will expand, as Clark is sort of taking on his mantle more and becomes Superman in training. And we’ve got a lot of fun guest stars lined up and a lot of cool mythology stuff planned as well.”

Marsters’ (best known and beloved by fans for his turn as Spike on Buffy and Angel) appearance as Brainiac isn’t the only familiar DC Comics character who will show up this season – though Gough is a bit cagey about revealing exactly who else we’ll be seeing.

“Lois is back. She’ll be back for – I think it was 13 episodes last year – it will be the same this year,” he says. “Other characters from the Superman mythology [will appear]. Some, like the Flash [from last year], will be other DC characters in their younger years who will cross paths with Clark and the gang, and then there will be other people from the actual Superman universe as well. Potentially you could see Perry White again, potentially you could see the Flash again.”

Old Post Sep 8th, 2005 09:51 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

OMG!!!
Aquaman AND Braniac

smilesmilesmile

(but brainiac was always shown as a rebel kryptonian, he wasnt born from the meteor shower)

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 09:35 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

just a short newsflash here, from now on I'll be posting all things SMVL related at TRA. SO for further spoilers etc daily check out the link in my profile. smile

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 12:23 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I have to disagree... s4 wasnt that great... he flew, yippee... the lana witch arc was one of the most stupid pieces of writing they've done since the show started...

it had its moments, but im really hoping s5 is alot better...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 12:33 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Ah but see you are a Supes fan whereas I am not. Hated the movies & comics myself. I just like Smallville so it's all good for me. yes

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 03:07 AM
Staphon
Braniac

quote: (post)
Originally posted by eleveninches
OMG!!!
Aquaman AND Braniac

smilesmilesmile

(but brainiac was always shown as a rebel kryptonian, he wasnt born from the meteor shower)

Braniac is not kryptonian, Braniac is the central information of Krypton. It is said that it was partly Braniac's reason that there arent more Kryptonians that evacuated, but that is in the cartoon and I'm not sure it it is totally true. Braniac is a form of AI who got away selfishly from Krypton before it exploded.

YES! SEASON 5! CANT WAIT, IM GETTING ITCHY!

BRANIAC IS IN THE SHIp AND NOT ZOD AND WHATS HER FACE, YES!!!!, I KNEW THEY WOULDNT BE IN THERE, Backflip to defeat them, pssssshhhhh!

OH, and Jedi Priestess, I love your resources You are soo awsome, Will you Marry me!?

Last edited by Staphon on Sep 10th, 2005 at 04:17 AM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 04:15 AM
Staphon is currently offline Click here to Send Staphon a Private Message Find more posts by Staphon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

So what cameos are on smalliville now?

Flash - YES
Krypto - YES
Mxypyxlyx - YES
Aquaman - YES
Braniac - YES
Zod - Mentionned in 5.01. probably appears later in season 5 (maybe the season cliffhanger)
Jimmy Olsen - Chloe mentionned that she lost her virginity to him.
-------------

Cameos id like to see:
Bruce Wayne - He just HAS to have a cameo soon, maybe as a rival to lex.
Wally West - Maybe he can appear as the nephew (as a child) of the other flash shown in season 4.
Ray Palmer - Would make a good cameo in an episode where he is researching minuturisation.
Darkseid - Maybe have a cameo. Would only appear if there is a season 6.
Hal Jordan - Maybe a young Hal Jordan could be shown where his father dies in the plane crash.
Kara-Zor-El - She was a child when her plannet was destroyed, so she could be shown in smallville.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 11:13 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

I missed a few episodes from season 4.

But does Clark fly?

If he cant when do they plan on giving him his flight ability?

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 03:43 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Staphon
Braniac

CLARK doesn't Fly, But Kal El did (Which is him, but his alternate, the brain washed version of him.) So my theory is that he knows how to fly and has the capability to do it, but he is afraid (he is afraid of heights))

That was in Epesode one, he hasn't even talked about flying since, But there was one scene where it almost looked like he was flying, he jumped really far off a bridge and onto a moving truch which had Lois and LUcy inside.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 09:33 AM
Staphon is currently offline Click here to Send Staphon a Private Message Find more posts by Staphon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 11:40 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Staphon
Braniac

Originally posted by Morridini
Anyone seen this trailer? http://rapidshare.de/files/4972596/...l_300k.mov.html

That was THE MOST "RETARDED" Trailer EVER! He showed no trace of powers anywhere in that trailer, bleeding all over the place and what not, good greif!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 04:53 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Ah but see you are a Supes fan whereas I am not. Hated the movies & comics myself. I just like Smallville so it's all good for me. yes

Regardless... season 4 by any television standards was poor compared to its preceding seasons imo...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 05:12 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
black_goku#1
Codac lord of underverse

Originally posted by nate100
Hi everyone.

I know that the new season starts in September in America but does anyone know when it will start in the United Kingdom?

My guess is around march but just thought i'd check in case anyone knew.

hey you have my name im Nate hall remeber that name ill be famous one day and omg its coming im bouts to wet my pant s i have a few complaints if youre intrested ill tell you but the show is still great

thanks moviegeek
Jana lovevince,chris,coldfire

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 10:27 PM
black_goku#1 is currently offline Click here to Send black_goku#1 a Private Message Find more posts by black_goku#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote