KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Season 5 Here we come!!! The WB's snynopsis

Season 5 Here we come!!! The WB's snynopsis
Started by: Jedi Priestess

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~JP~
yeah baby

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pr1983
Regardless... season 4 by any television standards was poor compared to its preceding seasons imo...

and you are entitled to it, I just hapen to disagree. smile

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 05:13 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Originally posted by pr1983
Regardless... season 4 by any television standards was poor compared to its preceding seasons imo...
I actually think that seasons 3 and 4 were FAR FAR FAR better than the first 2 seasons. THe first 2 seasons were CRAP!!! It was as though they only made one single episode and kept editing it to make another episode

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 07:59 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
and you are entitled to it, I just hapen to disagree. smile

i know... stick out tongue

Originally posted by eleveninches
I actually think that seasons 3 and 4 were FAR FAR FAR better than the first 2 seasons. THe first 2 seasons were CRAP!!! It was as though they only made one single episode and kept editing it to make another episode

I really liked 3, and 4 had his moments... but come on... a witch from the past? seriously?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 10:35 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by eleveninches

I parially agree, I cant even go back to Season 1 anymore, but I still love #2. big grin

And 4 is very hit and miss, and handful of amazing episodes and a bunch of blah.

Three will be very hard to top.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 05:17 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Yea the whole FOTW thing was getting tedious for me. Thats why I prefer the last 2 seasons. Finally seem to be getting some kind of story arc going.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 02:38 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

what happene 2 pete?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 06:13 PM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Take the case of Sam Jones III, who played Clark Kent's best friend, Pete Ross, on the first three seasons of Smallville. Gough explains that in Season Two the character didn't seem to have a function on the series, so the writers added a plot twist and had him learn about Clark's secret superpowers. "That served us for, I think, a season," he says. "When we got into Season Three, we just found that as we started to break stories, we'd sit in the writers room and go, 'Okay, where's Pete?' Clearly it was a character who we couldn't service on the page. So what he ultimately became was a cautionary tale for Clark, which is, if you tell somebody your secret and you give them that responsibility and they can't handle it, you're going to lose that friend, in a way. So we had Pete move away."

Cast chemistry also played a role. "You look at the chemistry of the cast, [and Pete] was never somebody we could use in a love triangle, either," says Gough. "That was just sort of the nature of the actor we cast and the chemistry between the actors. It was hard to get him into any sort of romantic story, and then, after a while, we didn't have the plot elements to service him, either."

On Smallville, there have been a couple of regulars whom producers envisioned as part of the series for just a season or two. One of those actors, Jensen Ackles, played mysterious Jason Teague last season. "When we first sat down with Jensen, he said, 'Gosh, I don't know if I want to go on a series and be committed for however [many] years you're going to be on the air,'" remembers Gough. "We said, 'Jensen, to be perfectly honest, this is probably a one-season arc, maybe two. I'd like to leave it open-ended. We see this season, but I don't quite see where you [fit in beyond that].' But we never know. You start breaking the story, and the character pops, and you find things to do. It ultimately ended up being a one-season arc because he played into the over-reaching plot of the season. By the end of the season, [the arc] had played out, so he got hit by a meteorite."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 12:59 AM
Staphon
Braniac

OMG, Lets go, right now, we will go to vegas and get married. I love your sources Jedi Priestess, Be my KMC wife.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:56 PM
Staphon is currently offline Click here to Send Staphon a Private Message Find more posts by Staphon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

From Sci-Fi mag

quote:
By Kathie Huddleston
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last season left most of the characters in jeopardy as a meteor shower rained down on Smallville. While a meteor crashed into the Kent's house, Lana saw a spaceship in a crater and watched as it started to open, and Lex, on the hunt for the stones, took Chloe to the caves. Chloe was able to stop Lex from seeing Clark in a blaze of white light, but she got caught in the fallout when Clark was transported to someplace with a whole bunch of snow.

As season five begins, Lana sees two beings emerge from the spaceship. She tries to run, but they confront her and demand to know where Kal-El is. Meanwhile, Lois arrives at the Kent's house and helps Jonathan dig through the wreckage looking for Martha. They find her, but she's barely alive. And at the caves, Lex wakes up to find Chloe gone, but something else of interest catches his attention.

In Alaska, Clark throws the artifact into the snow, and the Fortress of Solitude emerges from the ground. He enters the structure and is told by Jor-El that "a dark force from Krypton has been awakened, and its sights are set on Earth." He tells Clark he must study with diligence, because it is the only way to save the planet.

However, just as Clark begins his training, a nearly frozen Chloe finds her way into the Fortress. Clark knows he has to save her, but Jor-El tells him he must be back before the sun sets. Clark makes the promise he will return on time. However, as Clark races to save those he loves and heads toward Smallville, he soon discovers that keeping his promise to Jor-El may be more difficult than he thought.

Revelations and a new villain

With some major revelations, an increase in the tension between Clark and Lex and a new villain on the horizon, Smallville's season-five premiere was well worth the wait. The WB promises "everything you've waited four seasons to see ... will happen." And it just might, based on where this first episode of the season is taking us.

"Arrival" works on several levels, particularly in strengthening the bonds between some of the characters and pushing farther apart the eroding relationship between Lex and Clark. The Superman mythology also gets touched on as Clark finally makes it to the Fortress of Solitude, which in design is very reminiscent of the Superman movies with Christopher Reeve.

While the plot involving the Kryptonians and their search for Kal-El has little depth, it's quite obviously a setup for something to come. Still, it's a weak device that could have been better incorporated into the story.

However, what does work nicely are any moments that involve Michael Rosenbaum and his increasingly complex portrayal of Lex. We see his descent into evil and Clark's part in that journey. It colors the hero as well as the villain. Also, Kristin Kreuk as Lana is particularly good in the episode. Her own character's progression into the mythology of Smallville last season was fascinating, and in "Arrival" the mix of terror and bravery continued to build on that depth of character.

It's going to be quite a year for Smallville fans, who at the end of "Arrival" will finally get a glimpse of James Marsters as Brainiac. The character will appear in several episodes this year, becoming a major new villain. In addition, look for Aquaman to steal Lois' heart at some point this season.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 01:20 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Nice review, I cant wait. Good to see we wont have to wait to see Lex's transformation.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 05:22 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote