KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Marvel Fanboys Please Read This - Avengers/ JLA is continuity

Marvel Fanboys Please Read This - Avengers/ JLA is continuity
Started by: Sir Whirlysplat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Marvel Fanboys Please Read This - Avengers/ JLA is continuity

I would like to thank my good friend Juntai for bringing this to my attention:-

smile

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthr...;threadid=15460

Please read this all Marvel fans and understand what it means about the dials in DC's world - They really do go up to 11.

Krona - a mid level DC cosmic is a universe destroyer and can waste Galactus easily.

But what are the other implications for the Versus forum?

smile

Shame Galactic storm is not here, isn't it?

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 06:41 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

lol. OK, we got two of em. Word is out.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 06:42 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Juntai
lol. OK, we got two of em. Word is out.

Indeed my friend sorry embarrasment smile

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 06:45 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hulking Hurler

Re: Marvel Fanboys Please Read This - Avengers/ JLA is continuity

Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
I would like to thank my good friend Juntai for bringing this to my attention:-

smile

Please read this all Marvel fans and understand what it means about the dials in DC's world - They really do go up to 11.

Krona - a mid level DC cosmic is a universe destroyer and can waste Galactus easily.

But what are the other implications for the Versus forum?

smile

Shame Galactic storm is not here, isn't it?

Well, does this necessarily have to be true for Marvel? After all, certain events that had mind-blowing implications and involved staggering turmoil seemed to only happen for Thanos of Titan. While that does not necessarily mean that the crossover is not true for Marvel, there have been certain instances where it is not canonical for certain changes to happen to certain characters. And that Krona was powered up by the energies of the universes he destroyed, but I'm sure you knew that.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 07:04 PM
Hulking Hurler is currently offline Click here to Send Hulking Hurler a Private Message Find more posts by Hulking Hurler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Re: Re: Marvel Fanboys Please Read This - Avengers/ JLA is continuity

Originally posted by Hulking Hurler
Well, does this necessarily have to be true for Marvel? After all, certain events that had mind-blowing implications and involved staggering turmoil seemed to only happen for Thanos of Titan. While that does not necessarily mean that the crossover is not true for Marvel, there have been certain instances where it is not canonical for certain changes to happen to certain characters. And that Krona was powered up by the energies of the universes he destroyed, but I'm sure you knew that.
Right...DC has continued the storyline after JLA/Avengers, the "Space Egg" has recently made appearances, and is apperently affecting a a lot of things... It may also start or has started playing a part in the Marvel U. It still remains to be seen.

Also, this means that Lobo can single handedly take on the almighty Shiar Empire.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 07:11 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Marvel Fanboys Please Read This - Avengers/ JLA is continuity

Originally posted by Juntai
Right...DC has continued the storyline after JLA/Avengers, the "Space Egg" has recently made appearances, and is apperently affecting a a lot of things... It may also start or has started playing a part in the Marvel U. It still remains to be seen.

Also, this means that Lobo can single handedly take on the almighty Shiar Empire.

So how tough is Gladiator then? smile

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 07:14 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

<<So how tough is Gladiator then?>>

well, since supes and lobo are neck and neck, i'd say . . . a helluva a lot weaker than supes!!

big grin

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 07:25 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dawsey28

Even if it is continuity, there is still the arguments of PIS and "crap writing." stick out tongue

I'm not helping, am I? confused

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 07:38 PM
dawsey28 is currently offline Click here to Send dawsey28 a Private Message Find more posts by dawsey28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dawsey28
Even if it is continuity, there is still the arguments of PIS and "crap writing." stick out tongue

I'm not helping, am I? confused

No smile

The dials in DC clearly go up to 11

Think about it the events took place in an agreed company crossover featuring characters from both companies, an item from said crossover turned up in DCU do the maths smile

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 07:50 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Think about it the events took place in an agreed company crossover featuring characters from both companies, an item from said crossover turned up in DCU do the maths smile

so from now on Photon (Captain Marvel.... whatever you want to call her) can turn into GL type energy whenever she wants?

all crossovers are agreed on by both companies involved.... does this mean that Venom can kick Superman's ass?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 08:01 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by Scoobless
so from now on Photon (Captain Marvel.... whatever you want to call her) can turn into GL type energy whenever she wants?

all crossovers are agreed on by both companies involved.... does this mean that Venom can kick Superman's ass?
Or the outcome of fanbased voting would be turned into a comic book, since both companies agreed that what ever the outcome would be how it would happen, thus . . .

. . . Wolverine can beat Lobo? What the f**k?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 08:47 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Marvel has never acknowledged the JLA/Avengers series as canon. Never.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 08:54 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sentry

Methinks he is having a fit. Try and picture Sentry as he says this, damn thats funny. smile

big grin

laughing

I have the pic in my mind its the way I imagine him say "Never" as he shakes.

Damn funny stuff

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

Bet he says "Never" again like the Poe storysmile

Last edited by Sir Whirlysplat on Aug 27th, 2005 at 09:25 PM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 09:20 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Like I said, never.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 09:22 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

D.C recognizes it, Marvel doesn't.

That means, D.C has ran out of ideas... sad

Anyways..............

NEEVVVVEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 02:06 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Why are their two threads made at nearly exactly the same time discussing the exact same thing?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 02:14 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Scoobless

DC/Marvel isn't now nor was it ever refered to in either universe as canon, but this one has. DC Marvel didn't happen, but this one did. Even if Marvel doesn't recognize it [which I believe they have, you just havent noticed yet.], DC DOES, so DC characters actually did these feats against Marvel in their storyline, and it had Marvel logo as well.

Anyways, check my other thread about the Space Egg.

Last edited by Juntai on Aug 28th, 2005 at 12:30 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 12:28 PM
Creshosk

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Why are their two threads made at nearly exactly the same time discussing the exact same thing?
Cause the DC kids are joygasming all over the forums. there are now three similar threads.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 01:41 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Creshosk
Cause the DC kids are joygasming all over the forums. there are now three similar threads.

Joygasming smile is that something only you do Cresh?

eh?!? smile

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 01:43 PM
Creshosk

Joygasming smile is that something only you do Cresh?

eh?!? smile
Actually the word came from a DC comic movie. . .

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 01:50 PM