KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Why havn't they made a Marvel versus DC yet?

Why havn't they made a Marvel versus DC yet?
Started by: Spelljammer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

yeah i feel like a fool now

Current Pokemon:5

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 11:48 PM
Stalker 360 is currently offline Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperHNIC

"DC vs marvel video game"
^^^type this into Google^^^
This is/was video game, for those that didn't. It was fun.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 09:38 AM
SuperHNIC is currently offline Click here to Send SuperHNIC a Private Message Find more posts by SuperHNIC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

Yeah a Street vs Marvel super Heroes can work....

OMG Sakuras Attacks shouldnt be able to hurt the Hulk.
Dan Hibikis Ga Dou Ken shoudlnt be able to do ehm anything.

Your statements why this game shouldnt work are out of logic for me like all the other Marvel vs Capcom Games but still they exsist and are fun to play.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2006 04:43 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dAngEr_Is_gO!
I've heard that both companies have discussed it with each other but it just wouldn't work. For one thing as Hulk Power suggested, they are two different "universes" so to speak so you have differences in power and scale.
In fighting games you usually have roughly three "classes", your fast characters, your powerhouse characters and your all rounders. As such, each Marvel and DC character would have to be modified to conform to this. This leads to...
Problem 1: by who's standard do you rank them? Who decides if Spidey would be and all rounder or a speed freak? He's not as fast as the Flash but he is a lot faster than Batman. Should the Hulk do is much damage as someone like Darkseid? Such discussion leads to...
Problem 2: Fanboy conflict. If this game saw the light of day, how many posts would we see that said something like "OMG the Human Torch's fireball should own SupermanZ laser eye attack!!!" Such bickering would probably end up taking the focus away from whether the game was actually any good or not.

It will be a cold day in hell before this game sees the light of day.

I dont think this could be put any better. thumb up

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 09:25 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arahan
Yeah a Street vs Marvel super Heroes can work....

I have that game for sega saturn... no expression

as for marvel vs dc... I believe there is a fansite that is working on the MUGEN engine to bring this into reality...

but I've also heard that capcom will be creating one in the future.. (I have no idea if development has begun already)

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 11:13 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote