KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Exar Kun vs. Revan

Exar vs. Revan
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Exar Wins 17 56.67%
Revan Wins 13 43.33%
Tie (the crap option, don't pick it) 0 0%
Total: 30 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Exar Kun vs. Revan
Started by: Darth_Glentract

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Creator
A being beyond power

Huh?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 01:58 AM
Click here to Send The Creator a Private Message Find more posts by The Creator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Simus
I know that Uber Kun is that strong IMO he would beat almost all of Revan's stages except for Revan after KOTOR.

He'd somewhat devastate pre-KOTOR, and especially KOTOR, Revan. There'd be a fight, but a brief one. Post-KOTOR Revan is the hard one, and the only one who'd be a truly, truly difficult challenge.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 02:00 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

Originally posted by Lord Simus
Huh?
When we see revans full power

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 02:07 AM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Creator
A being beyond power

Oh that is if hes still alive.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 02:08 AM
Click here to Send The Creator a Private Message Find more posts by The Creator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

Exar would win, this is why:

Exar was an exceptional duelling master.
He also was able to freeze the entire (which had jedi that were in the building) with one spell and then rescue his apprentice and kill an extremely powerful jedi master and nobody could do a thing about it. This jedi master was also very similar to Yoda and been training for 600 years, also remember that the jedi master was training during the height or war in the republic so he knew battle better than Yoda did.
The jedi order also sent thousands of jedi to kill Exar. He was able to repel all of them long enough to preserve his spirit for thousands of years.

And Exar did study alot, Vodo-Baas says that Exar is the most powerful student he has ever trained and the most powerful force user of that time, and Vodo was similar to Yoda, he trained lots of jedi over a long period of time, and if Exar was the best, that means something.

Exar also studied alot, he was fascinated by the sith teachings in Vodo's holocron. Exar also learned under the ancient sith, like Freedon Nadd and Marka Ragnos, he would still be very smart. It is also worth noting that the ancient sith said that Exar would be the one to bring about the golden age of the sith and said that he was the Dark Lord of the Sith, over Ulic-Qel Droma.

Exar Kun was also able to destroy the entire massassani race, quite a feat. He drained their life force and used it to prolong his life.

His apprentice, Ulic, was a powerful jedi and dueller in his own right, but Exar was his unquestioned master and the ancient sith said that Kun would be the dark lord, not Ulic, this means that Kun is stronger than Ulic was.

He was also able to hide as a sith in the middle of the jedi stronghold (Ossus) and recruit jedi to become sith, without the jedi even knowing what he was doing, that's got to take some pretty impreesive power. He decived the best jedi in the order, took sith stuff and recruited new allies from the midst of the jedi ranks, lied to the jedi masters, and they couldn't even tell it was going on! Also, this planet (and its sun) were later blown up by Kun so anybody after him would have no knowledge of those things that Exar knew.

Also, he invented his own lightsaber, Exar was the person who invented the double blade lightsaber. He also designed his own unique style of duelling, something that he never tought to anyone and was lost after his defeat. So nobody other than him and Ulic had any idea what to expect from him (everyone else he faced ended up dead)

He is also an amazing dueller, after he decided to try against Vodo (a lightsaber master), Vodo died in around 10 seconds, before that Kun was just toying with him. Toying with him! In the middle of the senate chamber on the same planet as the jedi temple, he could still toy with one of the best duellers in the jedi order and win hands down.

Kun also learned loads of stuff from Ossus, which was later destroyed by him so anyone after him couldn't have learned anything from it, he also used sith holocrons and had the private notes of Naga Sadow, another sith who could blow up a sun. Naga was also a dark lord of the sith from 1000 years before Exar and was Marka Ragnos apprentice and had an amazing grasp of the dark side, Exar learned it all.
Kun was able to walk into the heart of the republic senate, freeze them all, kill their leader and a jedi master, and walk out, nobody could do a thing. This is in the heart of the jedi order! He was also able to kill a beast which is probably very similar to a terentek, or better, with very few problems. Exar was also able to walk into another jedi stronghold (Ossus), kill more jedi, steal the artifacts, and walk out again, unharmed. He was also able to destroy Freedon Nadd with no problems.

Think about how he died, he was faced against 10 000 jedi, and the republic fleet. Under those circumstances, anyone would have died. Exar died sure, but he was able to hold the entire fleet off with the force until he was able to figure out a plan to keep himself alive. Exar was able to kill off an entire race, numbering thousands, to keep himself alive, sure he was killed 4000 years later, but it still took 14 jedi, 12 padawans, Luke and Kuns old master to kill him. Think about it, 2 lightsabers, 12 padawans/knights, 2 jedi masters (including one of the most powerful jedi ever; Luke and the old version of Yoda, Vodo-Baas, he trained lots of jedi, for some reason I think of him like an old Yoda), to kill off Kun's 4000 year old ionized air particles! He must have been near godlike when he was alive.

When Kun walked, the ground shook underneath him from the shear power of the dark side emanating from his body.

Exar did invent his own style of lightsaber combat, the double blade, also, his double blade was different than any other double blade. He was able to move it faster and aim more than with other double blades. Also, since few people had never seen a double bladed sabre, it would throw them off. He can move his lightsaber so quickly that almost anyone he faced would be sliced before he knew what was going on.

Exar wore armor with a cortosis weave in it, allowing him to recieve hits from a lightsaber without doing him damage.

He was also a powerful sith alchemist and created several beasts.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 02:40 AM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

I can't decide. This debate has been done before, and although i'm sure that Exar is more powerful i'm also pretty sure that the power difference isn't big enough to make Exar win with the force and that Revan is a better fighter.

Now this fight would be one out of a million, where the two would face each other time after time again until eventually one of them makes a mistake and dies. I give Revan a slightly higher chance based purely and only on the feeling that he won't make a mistake as fast as Exar who will take very long too. If I'm right or not I don't know. This is just to close to call IMO.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 02:59 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

You can't say that Revan is a better fighter; for all we know, he could be like a powered up version of Sidious. . .

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 03:10 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Originally posted by Darth Faunus
You can't say that Revan is a better fighter; for all we know, he could be like a powered up version of Sidious. . .

That's a good point. We get a 5 second FMV of his fighting skills and knowledge of him being superior to Malak. For all we know, he was losing that battle and managed to land a lucky shot, or he could have been dominating the battle the whole way and finally destroyed his nemesis.

Besides, Exar made his own double-sided saber, his own form, and nobody in the entire Galaxy knew how to counter it so much that he could kill most masters in seconds. Revan may have had his own form, and may have been able to do that.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 03:46 PM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Originally posted by Illustrious
That's a good point. We get a 5 second FMV of his fighting skills and knowledge of him being superior to Malak. For all we know, he was losing that battle and managed to land a lucky shot, or he could have been dominating the battle the whole way and finally destroyed his nemesis.

Besides, Exar made his own double-sided saber, his own form, and nobody in the entire Galaxy knew how to counter it so much that he could kill most masters in seconds. Revan may have had his own form, and may have been able to do that.

Exar Kun his lightsaber would offer no advantage against Revan anymore, because Revan knew of it and many Jedi in that time used the double bladed lightsaber. Revan also used two lightsabers and could also use one, which one he prefered is unknown.

And yeah you are right Faunus we don't know how good he is but we can guess thats for sure.

We know he beat the two greatest warriors of two warrior races.

We know he beat Malak, and we know it wasn't done by a lucky shot but by being more powerful. Malak hmself says so, and Revan did beat him twice at least, meaning Revan either gets really lucky twice, which I doubt or that he is just better. You also have to remember that Malak knew how Revan fought and Revan had no idea on how Malak fought and still he managed to defeat Malak. Meaning either that Malak sucks, which he doesn't or that Revan is just a great fighter.

We know that he has a great level of battle pre-cog so good that he can predict entire wars, but also battles and movements based on what other people do. Revan would know what Exar is going to do, or at least guess with a great accuracy.

Faunus you yourself said Revan based on his personallity is probably a really controlled fighter, defending and attacking on the same time, most likely mixing Form II and III. I agree with you on that he probably did.

The Jedi order further describes Malak as a great fighter and duellist, second to Revan only. Meaning that Malak has a real good talent and is an expert fighter. He did fight on the front line for years, and still for some reason Revan is seen as better.

Now of course that doesn't necessarily make him better then Exar Kun, its just what i'm guessing. I have never heard of Revan losing once. He probably never did when it mattered, meaning he was more powerful or a better fighter then anybody he faced, he did cut his way through god knows how many Sith, and you don't do that if you suck at fighting.

Yeah you are right, I can't say Revan is a better fighter with a 100% accuracy, but I can place an estimated guess and that guess makes me think he is one of the greatest fighters ever, if not the greatest. Well probably not the greatest but still damn great. Everything points at it. Now that all combined just makes me think he is a great fighter and that he can beat Exar Kun in a lightsaber fight. Can not will, thats the difference. I just don't know who will win this fight, I have heavy points supporting both sides of the story, and I don't know who will win or why, but I just think this fight is to close to call.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 04:02 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I'm not denying his skills and prowess, not in the least. Just wanted to know what your deduction about his superior dueling prowess was based on. And of course, I to believe that it's possible for him to emerge victorious. Otherwise it wouldn't be a fight so much as a slaughter. However, in my opinion, he would most likely fall. As you said; it's a rather close fight either way.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 04:21 PM
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

bump

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 03:20 AM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

You need not keep doing this. . .

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 04:34 AM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

I'm not going to refute what you said, Fishy, because it's mostly factual and rather ambivalent, but when you mentioned:

quote:
Exar Kun his lightsaber would offer no advantage against Revan anymore, because Revan knew of it and many Jedi in that time used the double bladed lightsaber. Revan also used two lightsabers and could also use one, which one he prefered is unknown.

Exar is explictly mentioned as inventing his own style, and he did not pass this down to other individuals. So to say Revan, for sure, was familiar with Exar's style because other individuals (notably Bastila) used a double-bladed lightsaber, is not accurate.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 04:46 AM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

I was talking about his lightsaber not his style, I do not know anything about his style.. But he also invented his own lightsaber, the lightsaber itself would offer no advantage the style could of course.

And what the hell does ambivalent mean?

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 05:40 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Exar's lightsaber was slightly different than other double-bladed lightsabers. It had a handle the length of regular lightsaber. The other lightsabers were longer because they didn't know how to use the short one. This would still give him some surprise advantage because it is used differently than the other double-blades.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 06:36 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Not to mention it owuld give hima huge speed advantage. Simply being able to flick your wrist for the attacks is pretty effective.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 09:48 PM
Darth Nhilus

Exar Cun would win by a bit but I think it would probably be a tie.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 10:10 PM
Click here to Send Darth Nhilus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Nhilus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

No. Win. Or lose. There is no 'tie'.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 10:12 PM
Darth Nhilus

hahaha, from ESB. Exar Cun would win then.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 10:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth Nhilus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Nhilus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Who the hell is "Exar Cun"?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 10:20 PM